• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:47
CEST 05:47
KST 12:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6600 users

Teamliquid Health and Fitness Initiative for 2014 - Page 88

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 86 87 88 89 90 173 Next
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
June 12 2014 04:43 GMT
#1741
girls in china and japan don't like really muscular guys, speaking from personal experience, kind of scares them

my arm is literally as big as some of the girls legs here in tokyo lol
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
June 12 2014 05:03 GMT
#1742
Girls like scary. It's thrilling. Still don't believe it.
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-12 05:20:45
June 12 2014 05:18 GMT
#1743
On June 12 2014 13:04 GoTuNk! wrote:
in before stoitsov and klokov pictures

Why would you post this instead of just giving us a klokov picture?
[image loading]

On June 12 2014 13:00 Najda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2014 10:17 IgnE wrote:
So the ladies love Brad Pitt from Fight Club.

But seriously though, how can women prefer the image you posted to something like this classic Marky Mark pic:

[image loading]


The only way I can understand it is if they just think that Marky Mark is out of their doughy league and so they are settling for a skinny man.


Your picture doesn't load but a google search leaves me equally perplexed. I wonder if it's just girls can more imagine them dating the not-as-big brad pitt from fight club type look? Like comparing a victoria secret model to just a normal very attractive girl that you actually see in day to day life. Hell if I know though, I'm not a woman.

Despite being less able to see yourself with a victoria's secret model, I think there's very few women out there that would -honestly- say they would rather be the normal size than the model size. Also I don't think it matters one way or the other just as long as you're in good enough shape to show you take care of yourself.

Also this discussion needs more Sonny Bill.
[image loading]

-edit-

Until I just posted those two pictures, I don't think I ever realized exactly how BIG klokov is. Williams is my heigh and has 40-50 lbs on me, plus he's leaner than I am. And klokov makes him look... not tiny, but far from "big".
Adrian_mx
Profile Joined April 2010
Mexico1880 Posts
June 12 2014 05:47 GMT
#1744
On June 12 2014 08:58 Najda wrote:
A little bit of progress to be shown:

+ Show Spoiler [December] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Now] +
[image loading]


I'm still skinny, but less so before. I weight a little over 150 in both pictures (5'9") but I did gain some muscle mass despite falling off going to the gym for a couple months, though I did keep up with muay thai. Not pictured is my actual starting place at 125 lbs in which I'm actually a little grossed out at how skinny I used to be. My goal is 170ish at a low BF%

Najda !! Nice progress man
我是冠军
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
June 12 2014 06:20 GMT
#1745
> implying I lift for girls

No but seriously, when was the last time you introduced yourself to a girl with your shirt off? Just don't be fat and the rest is just your personality/charisma. Oh, and remember to wear your attractive face.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
June 12 2014 07:27 GMT
#1746
On June 12 2014 14:47 Adrian_mx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2014 08:58 Najda wrote:
A little bit of progress to be shown:

+ Show Spoiler [December] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Now] +
[image loading]


I'm still skinny, but less so before. I weight a little over 150 in both pictures (5'9") but I did gain some muscle mass despite falling off going to the gym for a couple months, though I did keep up with muay thai. Not pictured is my actual starting place at 125 lbs in which I'm actually a little grossed out at how skinny I used to be. My goal is 170ish at a low BF%

Najda !! Nice progress man


Oh yah, Najda, zatic, and osmoses have some progress. Someone with a discerning eye can probably tell they do lift things. Mordek looks like most progress.
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
June 12 2014 07:37 GMT
#1747
Someone's a haterrrr
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Adrian_mx
Profile Joined April 2010
Mexico1880 Posts
June 12 2014 07:48 GMT
#1748
On June 12 2014 16:27 IgnE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2014 14:47 Adrian_mx wrote:
On June 12 2014 08:58 Najda wrote:
A little bit of progress to be shown:

+ Show Spoiler [December] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Now] +
[image loading]


I'm still skinny, but less so before. I weight a little over 150 in both pictures (5'9") but I did gain some muscle mass despite falling off going to the gym for a couple months, though I did keep up with muay thai. Not pictured is my actual starting place at 125 lbs in which I'm actually a little grossed out at how skinny I used to be. My goal is 170ish at a low BF%

Najda !! Nice progress man


Oh yah, Najda, zatic, and osmoses have some progress. Someone with a discerning eye can probably tell they do lift things. Mordek looks like most progress.

Im definetly going to post my progress too
我是冠军
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
June 12 2014 08:14 GMT
#1749
On June 12 2014 16:37 Osmoses wrote:
Someone's a haterrrr


All love, friend.
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
June 12 2014 08:45 GMT
#1750
On June 12 2014 10:32 Wombat_NI wrote:
OK so, I've been sorting out a lot of issues in my life from top to bottom and it's proving difficult but rewarding all round and I'm feeling a lot better, depression has been kicked and I'm feeling motivated.

The one thing I really want to get a hold of is my fitness. I used to be a regular sports participant in school and swam/scuba dived a lot before adult life caught up with me.

Anyway simply put I'm going off 2/3 years of physical laziness, and have been smoking 20 a day for that sedentary period. I'm not looking any kind of tailored plan but more general advice, namely what is a realistic programme to go under? Aesthetically tbh I don't need much work, but I would like to be fitter and improve my energy levels.

Thanks in advance folks.

If you want to just get in better shape, what you can basically do is Starting Strength/StrongLifts 5x5 (google or look in the OP for more details) to build muscle/improve overall strength and then once you've adapted to that kind of program you can start doing cardio 2x a week to regain some of your lost cardiovascular ability due to smoking + leading a sedentary life. Walking as much as possible is also awesome, but maybe do high intensity interval training (again check OP or google, this stuff has a ton of information) once a week if you want to build your capacity to sprint, play sports, run a mile, etc.

If you don't have access to a gym or don't want to spend money on it, you can check out Eshlow's book, Overcoming Gravity. Also, quit smoking please. That shit is so bad for you and really has absolutely no benefits you can't get from something else. Clean up your diet by cutting out soda and the majority of unnecessary processed food, and then try and get all of the right micronutrients that you probably don't get enough of. I don't know how much you sleep, but try and get 8 hours of sleep a day, and try to avoid too much caffeine. I find that one cup of coffee in the morning, a nice shower, and maybe a little bit of dark chocolate and having a balanced diet does wonders for your energy levels if you workout and sleep at least 7-8 hours a day.

There are lots of good sticky'd threads as well as a lot of good information on YouTube and google. The only other stuff I guess I'd offer you is this: I don't know what your exact goals are (cardiovascular endurance, just overall "fitness," muscle, strength, etc.), but it's always worthwhile to build more strength to start off with. The programs I listed are first and foremost strength based programs, but it's easy to transition off of one of those programs after 5-8 months on to something different that may be more focused on bodyweight moves or cardio or whatever you want to focus on. They are good starting places, however.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
June 12 2014 11:02 GMT
#1751
Where's celltech at? The man who wanted June 11!
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
June 12 2014 11:47 GMT
#1752
Southern Hemisphere so ronery =[
+ Show Spoiler [March 2013] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Today] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Today] +
[image loading]


zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
June 12 2014 13:17 GMT
#1753
Meh, sickness kept me from gym for a week. Finally back I felt so weak

And the heat is killing me. The gym AC just can't cope, felt like 45C yesterday.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
June 12 2014 13:28 GMT
#1754
On June 12 2014 22:17 zatic wrote:
Meh, sickness kept me from gym for a week. Finally back I felt so weak

And the heat is killing me. The gym AC just can't cope, felt like 45C yesterday.


I train everyday around 35-45C everyday.

At noon.

You sir, need to endure! :D (plus beer).
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-12 14:05:12
June 12 2014 14:02 GMT
#1755
On June 12 2014 14:18 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2014 13:04 GoTuNk! wrote:
in before stoitsov and klokov pictures

Why would you post this instead of just giving us a klokov picture?
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Show nested quote +
On June 12 2014 13:00 Najda wrote:
On June 12 2014 10:17 IgnE wrote:
So the ladies love Brad Pitt from Fight Club.

But seriously though, how can women prefer the image you posted to something like this classic Marky Mark pic:

[image loading]


The only way I can understand it is if they just think that Marky Mark is out of their doughy league and so they are settling for a skinny man.


Your picture doesn't load but a google search leaves me equally perplexed. I wonder if it's just girls can more imagine them dating the not-as-big brad pitt from fight club type look? Like comparing a victoria secret model to just a normal very attractive girl that you actually see in day to day life. Hell if I know though, I'm not a woman.

Despite being less able to see yourself with a victoria's secret model, I think there's very few women out there that would -honestly- say they would rather be the normal size than the model size. Also I don't think it matters one way or the other just as long as you're in good enough shape to show you take care of yourself.

Also this discussion needs more Sonny Bill.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


-edit-

Until I just posted those two pictures, I don't think I ever realized exactly how BIG klokov is. Williams is my heigh and has 40-50 lbs on me, plus he's leaner than I am. And klokov makes him look... not tiny, but far from "big".


Sonny Bill and Klokov are around the same weight but sonny is taller so klokov will obv have more muscle. Sonny also has to run around a rugby field all day.

On June 12 2014 15:20 Osmoses wrote:
> implying I lift for girls

No but seriously, when was the last time you introduced yourself to a girl with your shirt off? Just don't be fat and the rest is just your personality/charisma. Oh, and remember to wear your attractive face.


Sure I sually have a shirt on, but me sixty pounds of muscle ago looks a lot different with or without a shirt :p
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
June 12 2014 14:22 GMT
#1756
On June 12 2014 15:20 Osmoses wrote:
> implying I lift for girls

No but seriously, when was the last time you introduced yourself to a girl with your shirt off? Just don't be fat and the rest is just your personality/charisma. Oh, and remember to wear your attractive face.


I work on the beach, often without a shirt (despite how white I am still, them northern european genes) so I do regularly meet people without my shirt on.

That said, I don't lift for girls. I lift for myself because it's very much a pursuit where you get out of it exactly how much you put in, and it requires a lot of hard work and dedication.
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
June 12 2014 14:22 GMT
#1757
I've been wanting to weigh myself recently but don't have a scale as I'm traveling, so it's kind of annoying me. Been traveling for 6 weeks now and I feel I've lost a few pounds, though I'm very well aware at least some portion of that is muscle. I don't know if I actually posted any 'before' photos earlier this year or last year, so there might not be anything to compare, but I'll try to grab a current 'current' photos.

Been doing a crazy amount of walking/hiking most days on my trip so far, so even though I haven't had the resources to do proper meals throughout the day, I think my activity level has kept me from blobbing out.
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
June 12 2014 14:53 GMT
#1758
On June 12 2014 20:02 mordek wrote:
Where's celltech at? The man who wanted June 11!

He must've seen the competition and been all like "I can't follow that!"
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
June 12 2014 14:59 GMT
#1759
I'm guessing he's crazy busy and it slipped his mind But we honored his wishes despite his absence.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
June 12 2014 15:59 GMT
#1760
He's clearly too busy with all that volume.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
Prev 1 86 87 88 89 90 173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 219
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17716
Rain 1454
GuemChi 641
sSak 43
Bale 23
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm191
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1022
taco 462
minikerr37
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1021
Mew2King69
Other Games
summit1g7651
JimRising 637
WinterStarcraft579
C9.Mang0170
ViBE121
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1066
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream50
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Light_VIP 18
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo786
• Stunt277
Other Games
• Shiphtur744
• Scarra718
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
6h 13m
INu's Battles
7h 13m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
9h 13m
OSC
18h 28m
Replay Cast
19h 13m
OSC
1d 19h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.