• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:47
CEST 05:47
KST 12:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6600 users

Teamliquid Health and Fitness Initiative for 2014 - Page 89

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 87 88 89 90 91 173 Next
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
June 12 2014 16:21 GMT
#1761
That or he's waiting to be the grand finale
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-12 17:01:23
June 12 2014 16:59 GMT
#1762
On June 13 2014 01:21 Najda wrote:
That or he's waiting to be the grand finale

Sorry for responding late. I took two pics yesterday, but lighting was atrocious and they are a bit blurry. My apologies. I've been crazy busy lately (and pretty stressed), but now that I can sleep at normal times again my gains are going well. I think I've made solid gainz over the last months, especially arms, shoulders and back. Legs and chest have progressed as well, but relatively not as much as the others. I'm going to make better progress in the next 6 months. 93kg, 10%~ in these pics.
http://imgur.com/a/FkIW2

@Farva I can't hear your sarcasm over my 30 sets of arms per week.
@Decaf where are your pics bro
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
June 12 2014 17:09 GMT
#1763
Wow Celltech, sick gains. I can't really teell if the progress is as huge as it looks or if the lighting changed a lot, but you look like you made a ton of progress.
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
June 12 2014 17:32 GMT
#1764
On June 13 2014 02:09 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
Wow Celltech, sick gains. I can't really teell if the progress is as huge as it looks or if the lighting changed a lot, but you look like you made a ton of progress.

I definately made a lot of progress, I was REALLY on point for 4/6 months and still managed to get lifts in and whatever throughout. I think I gained 4-5kg of lean mass or about 10lbs~. Arms have virtually doubled haha.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
June 12 2014 17:35 GMT
#1765
On June 13 2014 02:32 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2014 02:09 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
Wow Celltech, sick gains. I can't really teell if the progress is as huge as it looks or if the lighting changed a lot, but you look like you made a ton of progress.

I definately made a lot of progress, I was REALLY on point for 4/6 months and still managed to get lifts in and whatever throughout. I think I gained 4-5kg of lean mass or about 10lbs~. Arms have virtually doubled haha.

Yeah, everything looks really good. Your chest widened a ton and your arms/shoulders seemed to just swell. Awesome progress ^_^
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
June 12 2014 17:36 GMT
#1766
I lost my phone, no pics for me
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
June 12 2014 17:52 GMT
#1767
Celltech is huge, no question =)
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
June 12 2014 18:55 GMT
#1768
On June 13 2014 01:59 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2014 01:21 Najda wrote:
That or he's waiting to be the grand finale

Sorry for responding late. I took two pics yesterday, but lighting was atrocious and they are a bit blurry. My apologies. I've been crazy busy lately (and pretty stressed), but now that I can sleep at normal times again my gains are going well. I think I've made solid gainz over the last months, especially arms, shoulders and back. Legs and chest have progressed as well, but relatively not as much as the others. I'm going to make better progress in the next 6 months. 93kg, 10%~ in these pics.
http://imgur.com/a/FkIW2

@Farva I can't hear your sarcasm over my 30 sets of arms per week.
@Decaf where are your pics bro


Too embarassed to post em after seeing your gainz
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
June 13 2014 00:35 GMT
#1769
On June 13 2014 00:59 farvacola wrote:
He's clearly too busy with all that volume.


Volume gets results. Higher frequency is undeniably better for results, and volume often just means you are working harder than people who skip a day or two here and there, or even people on less-frequent schedules who don't ramp up their intensity on days in the gym.
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
June 13 2014 00:39 GMT
#1770
I was merely poking fun
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
Topin
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Peru10128 Posts
June 13 2014 00:59 GMT
#1771
Gratz Celltech!
i would define my style between a mix of ByuN, Maru and MKP
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-13 08:47:20
June 13 2014 05:00 GMT
#1772
Yeah really Celltech, nice work! One of those stories that make this sub/thread so great, especially since you were here from the very skinny beginning, weren't you?

Man, I don't get how people work out in the morning. I am about 10% weaker than in the afternoon

Tried to work through a heavy squat sets still but it was an ugly struggle and mid set blood shot from my nose. Tried to get some clean reps done at 80% but even those were not easy at all. I mean the heat in the afternoon is also bad but at least I get something done even though I feel like collapsing every moment.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
June 13 2014 13:24 GMT
#1773
Ok tl-ers. I'm 6'3 230. I'm going to get down to 215. ^_^
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
June 13 2014 13:32 GMT
#1774
Worked up to a 1 rep max of 150lb OHP. Pretty sweet considering I have a cold and was half considering resting (aka sleeping in)

Better provide updates BisuDagger
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
June 13 2014 13:42 GMT
#1775
On June 13 2014 22:32 mordek wrote:
Worked up to a 1 rep max of 150lb OHP. Pretty sweet considering I have a cold and was half considering resting (aka sleeping in)

Better provide updates BisuDagger

I'm going to LR myself.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-13 17:37:30
June 13 2014 17:34 GMT
#1776
On June 13 2014 14:00 zatic wrote:
Yeah really Celltech, nice work! One of those stories that make this sub/thread so great, especially since you were here from the very skinny beginning, weren't you?

Yup, I weighed 67kg (150lbs~) at 1.96m (6'5~) when I started on June 11, 2011 (3 years ago). I made a lot of progress strength wise, size wise and personality wise. I basically went from insecure, average ambition and a virgin (lols) to a very confident, very driven top student (I have a solid chance of going to LSE/Oxbridge for my masters) and have a gf who does modelling. Basically what I wanted to be when I started - I even hit Diamond IV on LoL, but I haven't played at all in the last few weeks. Internships and academics have eaten up all my gaming time essentially. I still believe that strength work is necessary, but it makes a little sad when super motivated beginners are told to do SS untill they hit 315 in squat or something like that: higher volume and higher frequency led to WAY better size gains and WAY better strength gainz, as well as more fun training.

I sincerely recommend anyone who is lifting for fun/aesthetics to look into a more bodybuilding oriented split, or something like Layne Norton's PHAT.

EDIT: Another thing I would like to add is that if you want to be top .1% no matter what, you will have to outwork 99.9% of the population. When I was bulking I would set an alarm at 2am and hit my macros NO MATTER WHAT, even if I had to vomit I would discard those kcals and eat more at a later stage. When I was applying for top internships I applied for 50+ on top of brutal academics and writing my bachelor's thesis in 4 weeks. If you really want things, you will find a way. I'll keep you guys posted if I ever make Fortune 500 CEO or partner in a top management consulting firm/Bulge bracket bank.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
June 13 2014 17:47 GMT
#1777
I think it's a mistake to tell beginners to adopt bodybuilding programs. Most beginners don't even know how to do basic movements. If you can't hit 315 squat doing a strength program within 18 months or 2 years as a beginner, you aren't going to be able to progress on a bodybuilding split either.

That said, once you attain a certain level of competence I wholly recommend higher volume splits.
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
June 13 2014 17:53 GMT
#1778
Today was 1Rm day. so, that.

Squat: 176.8kg
Snatch: 65kg
C&J: 97kg.

Go me.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-13 21:23:11
June 13 2014 18:49 GMT
#1779
On June 14 2014 02:34 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2014 14:00 zatic wrote:
Yeah really Celltech, nice work! One of those stories that make this sub/thread so great, especially since you were here from the very skinny beginning, weren't you?

Yup, I weighed 67kg (150lbs~) at 1.96m (6'5~) when I started on June 11, 2011 (3 years ago). I made a lot of progress strength wise, size wise and personality wise. I basically went from insecure, average ambition and a virgin (lols) to a very confident, very driven top student (I have a solid chance of going to LSE/Oxbridge for my masters) and have a gf who does modelling. Basically what I wanted to be when I started - I even hit Diamond IV on LoL, but I haven't played at all in the last few weeks. Internships and academics have eaten up all my gaming time essentially. I still believe that strength work is necessary, but it makes a little sad when super motivated beginners are told to do SS untill they hit 315 in squat or something like that: higher volume and higher frequency led to WAY better size gains and WAY better strength gainz, as well as more fun training.

I sincerely recommend anyone who is lifting for fun/aesthetics to look into a more bodybuilding oriented split, or something like Layne Norton's PHAT.

EDIT: Another thing I would like to add is that if you want to be top .1% no matter what, you will have to outwork 99.9% of the population. When I was bulking I would set an alarm at 2am and hit my macros NO MATTER WHAT, even if I had to vomit I would discard those kcals and eat more at a later stage. When I was applying for top internships I applied for 50+ on top of brutal academics and writing my bachelor's thesis in 4 weeks. If you really want things, you will find a way. I'll keep you guys posted if I ever make Fortune 500 CEO or partner in a top management consulting firm/Bulge bracket bank.


Curious what kind of program would you recommend instead of SS then? I've been doing Candito's linear program which is similarly focused on the big compound lifts but upper/lower split 4 days a week but I've been feeling like I could handle more volume. I'm never sore or tired from it really, but I also did just take a deload since I couldn't finish the reps.

Edit: didn't see the line in there about PHAT, thanks.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-13 19:47:20
June 13 2014 19:46 GMT
#1780
I did an adaptation of PHAT and later further changed with suggestions from Igne doing a 3x a week upper lower split (UA, LA, UB weekend LB, UA, LA etc.) It's worked pretty well for me. It would be the programming for the period Jan - Current in my progress post.

If you're doing 4x a week already just do PHAT like celltech recommends
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Prev 1 87 88 89 90 91 173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 219
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17716
Rain 1454
GuemChi 641
sSak 43
Bale 23
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm191
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1022
taco 462
minikerr37
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1021
Mew2King69
Other Games
summit1g7651
JimRising 637
WinterStarcraft579
C9.Mang0170
ViBE121
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1066
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream50
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Light_VIP 18
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo786
• Stunt277
Other Games
• Shiphtur744
• Scarra718
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
6h 13m
INu's Battles
7h 13m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
9h 13m
OSC
18h 28m
Replay Cast
19h 13m
OSC
1d 19h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.