• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:14
CEST 07:14
KST 14:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6046 users

Teamliquid Health and Fitness Initiative for 2014 - Page 91

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 89 90 91 92 93 173 Next
diggurd
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Norway346 Posts
June 17 2014 17:41 GMT
#1801
Hey i started Starting Strength one month ago. I made a blog about it so i can update with my progression. Any tips or critizism would be appriciated.

Would it be possible to reach my gains and loose 3-5 % and still stay at 80 kg before 1. september?

www.teamliquid.net/blogs/459460-i-want-to-be-strong-as-bear

Thank you :D good work guys. ROAAARR!!!
the interesting thing about this quote is that youll only understand whats interesting when youre done reading it. ǝɯıʇ ɹn ƃuıʇsɐʍ n ǝɹɐ ʎɥʍ
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
June 17 2014 18:19 GMT
#1802
On June 17 2014 07:26 phyre112 wrote:
Today:

Squat (last day of 5/3/1 cycle - I just kinda guessed at percentages)
Barbell Split Squat 3x8 @ 75 lbs

Conditioning:
800m run
9 snatches @ 85 lbs
400m run
6 snatches @ 85 lbs
200m run
3 snatches @ 85 lbs

Time: 14:13

RX weight for men was 115. I picked 85 because I only hit a 115 snatch 2/3 attempts when I'm fresh, let alone after squats and running. Probably could have shaved 2+ minutes off this time if I would have just stopped thinking about the snatches, but I kept thinking "Im going to drop this" and so I didn't attempt them. Should have just picked them up, because it was light and I miss my snatches forward anyway so they're easy to bail.

Oh and running after squatting sux.


It's for the most part, hell.

Your legs are numb and tight as fuck.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-18 00:14:05
June 18 2014 00:10 GMT
#1803
Today:

Power Clean + Hang Clean + Jerk 8 sets, rest 90 sec - worked up to 145
Clean + Jerk 8 sets, rest 90 sec - worked up to 185.

Conditioning - 7 Min AMRAP
300 single unders
50 wall balls (20 lbs, 10 ft)
Max chest to bar pullups

Only finished 49 wallballs =(. it was pretty much a skill thing - I'm awful at jumping rope.

C&J is a 20 lb PR clean and a 30 lb PR jerk. They were all power cleans though - most of them I pulled the bar hard enough it ended up level with my shoulders before I could even attempt to get under it. The hang cleans were much better, I caught probably 6/8 of those in a full squat. I was told I "move very efficiently for a big guy" and that I am "stronger than I think I am" by the coach and some of the lifters... so hopefully those are signs the progress is still to come.

Tomorrow is sort of a rest day. I think I'm going to do some work on snatches - maybe ~20 reps of mostly triples, Some heavy BB rows and then some crossfit skill - hand stand stuff, KBs, Double unders, toes to bar, ring dips, rowing... the list of things I've been saying "I've never tried that before" to is waaaaay too long.
n.DieJokes
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3443 Posts
June 18 2014 00:47 GMT
#1804
What's a single under or a wallball?
MyLove + Your Love= Supa Love
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
June 18 2014 00:53 GMT
#1805
A single under is jumping rope and only passing it under once per jump. A wallball is when you throw a medicine ball at a target, catch it in the bottom of the squat, squat it up and then throw it and repeat.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-18 01:38:02
June 18 2014 01:27 GMT
#1806
On June 18 2014 09:47 n.DieJokes wrote:
What's a single under or a wallball?


Competitive crossfit usually uses the "double under" for its events when jumping rope. That's where you jump, the rope goes around your body and under your feet twice, then you land. Single unders are really just regular jumps, but they're named that way because it's done in relation to the competitive movement.

Wallballs are basically a goblet squat with a large medicine ball, that you throw at a wall at the top of the squat. Typically for men they're done to a height of 10 ft with a 20 lb ball (3m and 9kg). If you do not break parallel at the bottom of your squat, the rep does not count. If the ball does not pass the 10 ft line or does not touch the wall (so you can't throw it straight up and down) the rep does not count.

The original version of that conditioning workout (before I had to change the movements to things I'm capable of doing) was

7 min AMRAP
100 double unders
50 wallballs
Max Ring Muscle Ups
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
June 18 2014 01:38 GMT
#1807
BP: 145kgx1, 140x2x4(2 sec pause)
SQ (high bar) 180kgx1, 170x2x5

Getting used to high bar, but I still get crushed by the bar sometimes ;(
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
June 18 2014 03:45 GMT
#1808
Did 21-15-9 of Kettle bell thrusters (24kg each hand) and pull ups after my snatches today. Blah. Fuckin crossfit. Felt bad for skipping rugby practice though so I figured I'd do some sort of conditioning.

Gotunk - Learn/mobilize enough to keep your torso upright like a solid column and your knees forward to use your legs like springs. LBBS maxes are a huge grind compared to doing HBBS maxes like this IMO.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-18 04:01:16
June 18 2014 04:00 GMT
#1809
On June 18 2014 12:45 decafchicken wrote:
Did 21-15-9 of Kettle bell thrusters (24kg each hand) and pull ups after my snatches today. Blah. Fuckin crossfit. Felt bad for skipping rugby practice though so I figured I'd do some sort of conditioning.

Gotunk - Learn/mobilize enough to keep your torso upright like a solid column and your knees forward to use your legs like springs. LBBS maxes are a huge grind compared to doing HBBS maxes like this IMO.


Yeah I've been working on it, but seems to be a kind of hit or miss thing. I prolly just need some type to develop the stabilizing muscles and get used to the feeling.

PD: Life without constant pain is so great :d
SoleSteeler
Profile Joined April 2003
Canada5472 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-18 10:36:08
June 18 2014 10:18 GMT
#1810
Uploaded some videos of me squatting... 5x5 at 95 kg (215 lb) that I did on Monday, and Wednesday's (today) 100 kg (225 lb) session at a set of 4, 4, 3, 3, 3 I believe. Also a set of 5 deadlifts at 115 kg (~265 lb?).

Some general tips would be helpful. I have been working out for a while but I've always struggled with consistency. Plus I've often changed my form and done tons of resets.

For squats, I'm always worried about depth. It also looks like my right leg is in front of my left, but I think that's just the strange camera angle. A few reps here and there I have butt-wink. Since I'm trying to do high bar, it looks like my upper body isn't straight enough?

For the deads... I am doing double-overhand grip but I'll probably switch to mixed grip at around 120 kg.

215 squats: + Show Spoiler +


225 squats: + Show Spoiler +


265 deads: + Show Spoiler +


edit: err, not sure why the video quality sucks so hard. Looked fine on my computer. I'll reload in "HD quality" according to windows movie maker. edit2: well, HD didn't make a difference. Sorry the framerate is so low. You can get the gist of it I think.
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
June 18 2014 15:19 GMT
#1811
I definitely think you could work on depth a tiny bit more, doesn't have to be ass to the grass and it might be the angle or I'm just wrong but it doesn't look like you hit parallel yet.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-18 15:22:01
June 18 2014 15:21 GMT
#1812
Yeah, hips look tight and back leans forward so you don't hit good depth. Mobilize!
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
n.DieJokes
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3443 Posts
June 18 2014 20:37 GMT
#1813
Does anyone have any recommendations for in door pull up bars? I'm about 170-180 and I really don't want to fuck up my door but if it I don't start doing something I'm gonna lose my mind
MyLove + Your Love= Supa Love
sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
June 18 2014 21:50 GMT
#1814
On June 19 2014 05:37 n.DieJokes wrote:
Does anyone have any recommendations for in door pull up bars? I'm about 170-180 and I really don't want to fuck up my door but if it I don't start doing something I'm gonna lose my mind


The bracket ones work pretty well and probably wont damage anything. The straight bar ones than just hold on with pure sideways force also work pretty well but will pretty inevitably leave marks if put in with enough force to use them. The bracket ones are kind of a pain because you cant close the door when they are in, but otherwise work well. Unfortunately I really don't recommend doing anything fast or swingy on them (I weigh about same as you), but anything controlled and with just downward force works well. I don't think I'd be confident in adding weight to them. L sit pullups are good if you want something harder, or a front lever/one arm progression, or frenchies maybe.

Its worth getting IMO, if you put it in a high traffic area you'll find yourself doing them quite often and it really is good for you. For fancier stuff get a real bar or go outside and find something that you can pull on.
In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
SoleSteeler
Profile Joined April 2003
Canada5472 Posts
June 18 2014 23:31 GMT
#1815
On June 19 2014 00:19 AsnSensation wrote:
I definitely think you could work on depth a tiny bit more, doesn't have to be ass to the grass and it might be the angle or I'm just wrong but it doesn't look like you hit parallel yet.

On June 19 2014 00:21 decafchicken wrote:
Yeah, hips look tight and back leans forward so you don't hit good depth. Mobilize!



Thanks. I figured as much. My lower back is killing me this morning...

Any specific stretches you guys recommend for working on depth? I hear Kelly Starrett's videos are the best... Just watch all his squat/hip mobility videos then? Any specific ones you can link?
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-19 00:05:15
June 18 2014 23:59 GMT
#1816
Generic hamstring stretches. Foam roll and stretch piriformis. Sit in third world squat. Massage psoas. Couch stretch. Foam roll lower back. repeat. If your problem is ankle mobility, idk. Never really had that issue.

Today:

BB bench 2x5 @ 165, 2x3 @ 165, 1x2 @ 170. 2 min rests
Close Grip Bench 1x10 @ 115 2x10 @ 125. 90 sec rests

12 min AMRAP
200m run
8 knees to elbows
5 thrusters @ 95 lbs

Kept getting dizzy when I would bend down to pick up the bar for thrusters. Should have completed five rounds, only did 4.

Got my days of the week mixed up. "rest" day is tomorrow. Not sure if I'm going to snatch and BB row as planned, or do some lighter squats. I definitely need to squat more, but deadlifts are on fridays. I'll see how things feel when I get there I guess. Probably will work on toes to bar or KB cleans for "skill work." T2B are really easy to do 1 or 2 of at a time, its just stringing them together comfortably without my body flopping around like a dead fish that's hard. Double unders can wait until another day.

My flat bench blows. I can incline 175 for 5x5 any day of the week, but I can't flat bench it even once. Hell I could probably close grip almost as much as I could do with my regular grip. I know that the 10rm of the two of them are only ~15 lbs off from one another.
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
June 19 2014 03:53 GMT
#1817


Squat at 142, 154, 162 and 176.8kg ;p.

Any critique on the form is super welcome!

Also, don't mind the great wall of fat in my belly, I'm working towards getting rid of it!
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
June 19 2014 14:46 GMT
#1818
On June 19 2014 08:31 SoleSteeler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2014 00:19 AsnSensation wrote:
I definitely think you could work on depth a tiny bit more, doesn't have to be ass to the grass and it might be the angle or I'm just wrong but it doesn't look like you hit parallel yet.

Show nested quote +
On June 19 2014 00:21 decafchicken wrote:
Yeah, hips look tight and back leans forward so you don't hit good depth. Mobilize!



Thanks. I figured as much. My lower back is killing me this morning...

Any specific stretches you guys recommend for working on depth? I hear Kelly Starrett's videos are the best... Just watch all his squat/hip mobility videos then? Any specific ones you can link?


Just youtube kelly starrett squat or hip mobility. Get real cozy with a lacrosse ball in your hips lol.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
SoleSteeler
Profile Joined April 2003
Canada5472 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-20 01:39:31
June 20 2014 01:36 GMT
#1819
Yeah, I did some stretching today at the gym. Those couch stretches... Fuck they hurt but they did get a bit easier in the end. Have to keep it up. I did a lot of air squats and using a bench got myself into an ass to grass position. The stretch feels nice. Also did some minor hamstring work. It's a coincidence that after I posted my videos, the next morning it felt like I did something to my lower back. I will probably need a few days off of weighted exercise for my lower back.

Hard to find stuff in Korea... can't buy foam rollers easily it seems. I found a lacrosse ball for $50, lol. I can ship it from the west for cheaper than that. I've heard of foam rollers for ~$20+ in stores that aren't close to me... Looking online now.

edit: are foam rollers also around $20 back home too? That's the cheapest one at amazon it seems...
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
June 20 2014 01:53 GMT
#1820
I'm done with school until next September :D

Now to start lifting 4x a week and mobilizing every single day. I haven't lifted in so long, so fucking busy these last few months. By the beginning of September I will bench 180 lbs, squat 275, deadlift 350, and OHP 140.
Prev 1 89 90 91 92 93 173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 98
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2449
GuemChi 709
Leta 156
Snow 110
Terrorterran 72
Bale 30
Noble 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Icarus 9
Dota 2
febbydoto17
League of Legends
JimRising 631
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King62
Other Games
summit1g6720
WinterStarcraft354
C9.Mang0276
Sick142
ViBE88
Trikslyr32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick568
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 111
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki15
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2147
League of Legends
• Lourlo1306
• Stunt413
Other Games
• Shiphtur394
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
5h 46m
Patches Events
10h 46m
The PondCast
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.