• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:09
CEST 21:09
KST 04:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8752 users

Teamliquid Health and Fitness Initiative for 2014 - Page 93

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 91 92 93 94 95 173 Next
Ayaz2810
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2763 Posts
June 22 2014 00:14 GMT
#1841
Did 5 miles on the elliptical after doing some weight training today. I feel so good after every session now. I feel invigorated. Not bad for someone who hasn't worked out at all since getting out of the army in like 2005.
Vrtra Vanquisher/Tiamat Trouncer/World Serpent Slayer
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
June 22 2014 06:02 GMT
#1842
Why'd you ever stop?
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
June 22 2014 10:17 GMT
#1843
On June 22 2014 15:02 IgnE wrote:
Why'd you ever stop?

I'm assuming you're talking to me. To basically increase my flexibility to the point where I wouldn't have injured myself squatting and also be able to do 3x5 three times a week, I would've had to have dropped a ton of other commitments. I had multiple 11+ hour days at school from April-June, not even including the homework that I had on those days too. I didn't really want to half-ass both lifting and my school commitments, so I just decided to focus on one. That's basically the abbreviated version without going into too many details about it. It also didn't help that for a long time I basically was sharing the space where I lift with my aunt who was living at my house.

In hindsight I kind of wish I hadn't stopped or had found a way to make time for it, but I just don't think I could split my energy up that much. When you wake up at 5 in the morning and get home later than 6 from school and still have more homework to do, it's kind of rough to find time to eat, lift, do homework, and still go to sleep at a time where you get 7-8 hours of sleep.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
June 23 2014 13:50 GMT
#1844
Didn't get enough sleep this weekend and went hard with some soccer and tubing. Workout sucked lol.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
June 23 2014 16:45 GMT
#1845
Still on vacation, lots of bad food and beer, but staying pretty active as well so haven't really noticed a difference.

Aside from the rancid, neverending flatulence.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
June 23 2014 21:19 GMT
#1846
On June 22 2014 19:17 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2014 15:02 IgnE wrote:
Why'd you ever stop?

I'm assuming you're talking to me. To basically increase my flexibility to the point where I wouldn't have injured myself squatting and also be able to do 3x5 three times a week, I would've had to have dropped a ton of other commitments. I had multiple 11+ hour days at school from April-June, not even including the homework that I had on those days too. I didn't really want to half-ass both lifting and my school commitments, so I just decided to focus on one. That's basically the abbreviated version without going into too many details about it. It also didn't help that for a long time I basically was sharing the space where I lift with my aunt who was living at my house.

In hindsight I kind of wish I hadn't stopped or had found a way to make time for it, but I just don't think I could split my energy up that much. When you wake up at 5 in the morning and get home later than 6 from school and still have more homework to do, it's kind of rough to find time to eat, lift, do homework, and still go to sleep at a time where you get 7-8 hours of sleep.


No I was talking to Ayaz.
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-23 22:42:10
June 23 2014 22:41 GMT
#1847
Today:

3 sec pause Back squat 5 ramping sets. 165x5 175x5 185x5x2 195x5
Front squats 1x5@135 2x8@115

Conditioning:
Rep ladder - 3/6/9/etc. 7 min AMRAP
75# power snatch
24 in box jump

Completed 9 + 14.

I think I'm going to repeat this conditioning workout on thursday or saturday without a preceding strength workout, but using the RX power snatch of 95#. The goal was to get to the round of 12, and I think I could have done that with 95 if I were power snatching instead of muscle snatching. Would be nice to actually finish a workout as written.
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
June 23 2014 22:44 GMT
#1848
On June 24 2014 06:19 IgnE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2014 19:17 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
On June 22 2014 15:02 IgnE wrote:
Why'd you ever stop?

I'm assuming you're talking to me. To basically increase my flexibility to the point where I wouldn't have injured myself squatting and also be able to do 3x5 three times a week, I would've had to have dropped a ton of other commitments. I had multiple 11+ hour days at school from April-June, not even including the homework that I had on those days too. I didn't really want to half-ass both lifting and my school commitments, so I just decided to focus on one. That's basically the abbreviated version without going into too many details about it. It also didn't help that for a long time I basically was sharing the space where I lift with my aunt who was living at my house.

In hindsight I kind of wish I hadn't stopped or had found a way to make time for it, but I just don't think I could split my energy up that much. When you wake up at 5 in the morning and get home later than 6 from school and still have more homework to do, it's kind of rough to find time to eat, lift, do homework, and still go to sleep at a time where you get 7-8 hours of sleep.


No I was talking to Ayaz.

Well... this is awkward.
Garbels
Profile Joined July 2010
Austria653 Posts
June 23 2014 23:23 GMT
#1849
Still a good read(for me). Shows me how easy I have it and that I have to work harder. Similar to celltechs story a few pages back(or his story in general).
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
June 23 2014 23:58 GMT
#1850
On June 24 2014 08:23 Garbels wrote:
Still a good read(for me). Shows me how easy I have it and that I have to work harder. Similar to celltechs story a few pages back(or his story in general).

No, Celltech has it WAY harder than I did and is way more dedicated. I could've spent more time and tried to dedicate myself to it, but I just wanted the easier way out. Real life doesn't rearrange itself to give you time to lift and you kind of just have to accept that and say that you'll either lift regardless or you'll just live a sedentary life like everyone else. It's not really an excuse to just say that you had it hard for a while; everyone has it hard. The ones who want to succeed will keep lifting anyway.

Also, I just found out relatively good news that has kind of bad news for my lifting over the school year. I got a pretty sick volunteering position at a hospital in the administration office under some president of the hospital, which hopefully can translate to a sick letter of recommendation. I start tomorrow which should be an issue for my lifting over the summer. However, over the school year I'm going to have to drop a commitment I think. Probably just going to quit all the clubs I don't have an officership in, since I'd rather lift than waste my time in a club I don't care about.
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
June 24 2014 01:33 GMT
#1851
On June 24 2014 07:41 phyre112 wrote:
Today:

3 sec pause Back squat 5 ramping sets. 165x5 175x5 185x5x2 195x5
Front squats 1x5@135 2x8@115

Conditioning:
Rep ladder - 3/6/9/etc. 7 min AMRAP
75# power snatch
24 in box jump

Completed 9 + 14.

I think I'm going to repeat this conditioning workout on thursday or saturday without a preceding strength workout, but using the RX power snatch of 95#. The goal was to get to the round of 12, and I think I could have done that with 95 if I were power snatching instead of muscle snatching. Would be nice to actually finish a workout as written.


Nice.

I love doing EMOM's, they're super fun and require a lot from you. Super good for cardio work and conditioning.

Cheers.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
June 24 2014 02:16 GMT
#1852
ban phyre and funkie :p

BP 145kgx1, 135kgx3x5 (3 sec pause, PR?)
SQ 190x1, 170x3x5kg (high bar)
Adrian_mx
Profile Joined April 2010
Mexico1880 Posts
June 24 2014 06:51 GMT
#1853
I weight 182 pounds and Im 5'11..Either im gaining muscle or fat from the pizza im eating because I was 173 a week or two ago..
[image loading]

Btw that photos taken today and Ill post another 2-4 months from now.
我是冠军
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
June 24 2014 08:18 GMT
#1854
That's a pretty gnarly looking burn? Looks like you might have some good arm genetics.
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
June 25 2014 04:27 GMT
#1855
Today
30 minutes Warm up & establish a max
Clean and Jerk 95x3 115x3 125x3 135x3 155x1 165x1 175x1 and then somewhere between 5 and 10 misses at 185.

175 was borderline between clean/power clean, but the jerk was good. I'm honestly not sure I could have front squatted 185 after yesterday's lift anyway. Pulled it to about the bottom of my ribcage each time, but just never got under it. I'm not explosive enough in the last 1/3 of the pull I think.

12 min AMRAP
20 Toes to Bar/Knees to Elbows
20 pushups
20 Hang Cleans 115#
200m run with 45lb plate overhead.
1 round +39 reps

Did 10 T2B and 10 K2E on each round. Each one took me three minutes, so I spent about half the time limit there T2B are a nightmare. Rest of it was actually not bad at all.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
June 25 2014 05:36 GMT
#1856
You're constant crossfit posting, phyre, led me to this video when I searched what "toes to bar/knees to elbows" meant:



Girl hoping to pull 400 this year.
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
SoleSteeler
Profile Joined April 2003
Canada5472 Posts
June 25 2014 09:39 GMT
#1857
So I after a few days of stretching I tried to squat deeper this morning. Is it any better compared to last week?

I kept looking at my recording after each attempt and I think maybe (in my mind) I go deeper and deeper each set. This a set at 135 and then three sets at 155. Am I at least hitting parallel? I of course will keep stretching in the meantime. It's pretty satisfying. My hips felt really... stretched? This morning when doing deadlifts.

phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-25 09:56:39
June 25 2014 09:56 GMT
#1858
... Where do you think "parallel" is?

You between an inch and two inches from it on your 225 set last week. The bigger issue there was that you're starting to squat morning it, than the depth IMO. These are well below parallel, as best I can tell, there happens to bea huge glare around your hip crease in that video.

Keep stretching because stretching is good, but I don't think there's any reason for you to have deloaded to 155. Maybe 15% tops (195, if 225 was a max set). Just remember the various cues to fix the squatmorning. Keep the chest up, upper back tight, core tight. Use your glutes to get yourself out of the bottom, and think about bringing the hips forward through the middle of the lift, rather than actively extending the knee.
SoleSteeler
Profile Joined April 2003
Canada5472 Posts
June 25 2014 12:36 GMT
#1859
I thought I was well below parallel too this time, yes. But I thought I was at least hitting parallel before and I guess I was wrong. I guess I just wrote my post too defensively.

I deloaded to 155 because I hurt my lower back last week after those 225 sets. It was still sore until yesterday so I wanted to just test it a bit today, plus make sure I could get good depth. Would those squat mornings have probably caused the lower back pain? I guess I can assume that. However I'm trying to fix my bent over row form too because I realized I was really hyper-extending my lower back while doing them. Could have been a mix of both.

I did hurt my back squatting in April and it was the same pain as before (not as severe) but that time when I hurt it, it started hurting immediately during the set. Last week's pain started the next morning after squatting (almost 24 hours later). Weird.

Anyway, thanks for taking a look.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-25 14:05:02
June 25 2014 14:00 GMT
#1860
On June 25 2014 21:36 SoleSteeler wrote:
I thought I was well below parallel too this time, yes. But I thought I was at least hitting parallel before and I guess I was wrong. I guess I just wrote my post too defensively.

I deloaded to 155 because I hurt my lower back last week after those 225 sets. It was still sore until yesterday so I wanted to just test it a bit today, plus make sure I could get good depth. Would those squat mornings have probably caused the lower back pain? I guess I can assume that. However I'm trying to fix my bent over row form too because I realized I was really hyper-extending my lower back while doing them. Could have been a mix of both.

I did hurt my back squatting in April and it was the same pain as before (not as severe) but that time when I hurt it, it started hurting immediately during the set. Last week's pain started the next morning after squatting (almost 24 hours later). Weird.

Anyway, thanks for taking a look.


My rule of them: When you think you've hit parallel, go way lower. And going lower means sinking your hips lower not bending forward. And if you can't do that then take off a ton of weight or go work on your mobility or do both. I probably took 60 pounds off my working sets when I changed my squatting style. My squats went from looking like this:
(lols i was so small and weak)

to this:


And that squat is like 2 years old, I like to think they're much better now.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Prev 1 91 92 93 94 95 173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 457
ProTech152
UpATreeSC 118
BRAT_OK 98
Railgan 49
MindelVK 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 1864
Shuttle 510
Dewaltoss 139
Trap 35
Bale 23
scan(afreeca) 15
Dota 2
XaKoH 627
420jenkins364
Counter-Strike
fl0m4126
Fnx 685
kRYSTAL_29
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3786
Liquid`Hasu526
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1755
summit1g1648
FrodaN962
B2W.Neo432
C9.Mang0134
TKL 99
ToD88
QueenE77
RotterdaM58
Mew2King34
JuggernautJason14
PPMD2
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV234
BasetradeTV150
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 8
• Adnapsc2 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 33
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade782
Other Games
• Shiphtur1324
• imaqtpie753
• WagamamaTV333
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h 51m
Patches Events
20h 51m
The PondCast
1d 14h
INu's Battles
1d 15h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.