• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:47
CEST 05:47
KST 12:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6600 users

Teamliquid Health and Fitness Initiative for 2014 - Page 87

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 85 86 87 88 89 173 Next
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
June 11 2014 19:07 GMT
#1721
Just witnessed our resident crossfit instructor dislocate his shoulder doing good form kipping pull-ups lol
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
June 11 2014 19:22 GMT
#1722
On June 12 2014 04:07 farvacola wrote:
Just witnessed our resident crossfit instructor dislocate his shoulder doing good form kipping pull-ups lol

I feel like InfiniteElgsintensity would just love to comment on that
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
June 11 2014 19:27 GMT
#1723
On June 12 2014 04:07 farvacola wrote:
Just witnessed our resident crossfit instructor dislocate his shoulder doing good form kipping pull-ups lol

LOL
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
June 11 2014 19:43 GMT
#1724
It's the 11th of june and by decree of CellTech that means it's picture time. I included previous year's pictures to give you an idea of where I came from..

+ Show Spoiler [2012] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [2013] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [2014 flexed] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [2014 relaxed] +
[image loading]


The flexed pic is me just returning from the gym (I forced a smile for facebook) the relaxed one is 20 minutes, a coke and an ice-cream later, with an inbetween fervent removal of trousers. Dunno what happened to the colors.

To be honest I can barely tell the difference between flexed and relaxed, there's still too much fat there. That said, I'm pretty happy with my overall progress. I do wish I had a bit more muscle and a bit less fat/excess skin but on the whole I think I've done alright.

I can't get a pic of my back right now because I'm alone and I'm afraid I'll drop my phone in the toilet, but I might upload one this weekend.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-11 20:28:29
June 11 2014 20:28 GMT
#1725
Sure here you go
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]

Just took this - only topless picture I have, so no progress really, just the one.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-11 22:09:46
June 11 2014 22:04 GMT
#1726
I need some new challenge in my life... tried out Kickboxing today. It actually was fun, we'll see.

Glad to see that so many of you are sitll going strong. At least I keep my weight (mostly around ~105kg). But my training is not consistent at all right now. Working 50+ hours a week sucks.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
June 11 2014 22:37 GMT
#1727
Just finished my first crossfit class.

Guys I think I'm hooked.
Adrian_mx
Profile Joined April 2010
Mexico1880 Posts
June 11 2014 22:48 GMT
#1728
On June 12 2014 04:01 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2014 03:52 Adrian_mx wrote:
The only problem I have is I have pizza probably 4 times a month.. and when I eat pizza, its mot just 2 slices. Its almost a whole box... I have an addiction I workout 5 days a week. Consistently. I weigh 180. 5'11. I just have to stop eating pizza..


4 times a month is roughly once a week. Once a week isn't going to kill you if you're otherwise being good. IDK about you, but I can personally eat most of a large pizza and not be too over my daily calorie reqs. Its just that, along with a whey protein shake in water it's the only thing I'll eat that day.

Just remember, It's the big picture like "I hit all my workout goals and ate within 1k of my goal calories for the week" not about the little things like "I ate pizza today" that get you 80% of the way to where you want to be.

True very true, thanks !

How is crossfit btw ?
我是冠军
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
June 11 2014 23:48 GMT
#1729
On June 12 2014 07:37 phyre112 wrote:
Just finished my first crossfit class.

Guys I think I'm hooked.


If you ever do/did Oly Lifting, I wouldn't trade Oly for Crossfit, but yeah, it's fun to do it sometimes. Helps build your endurance and stamina. Plus cardiovascular strength.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
June 11 2014 23:58 GMT
#1730
A little bit of progress to be shown:

+ Show Spoiler [December] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Now] +
[image loading]


I'm still skinny, but less so before. I weight a little over 150 in both pictures (5'9") but I did gain some muscle mass despite falling off going to the gym for a couple months, though I did keep up with muay thai. Not pictured is my actual starting place at 125 lbs in which I'm actually a little grossed out at how skinny I used to be. My goal is 170ish at a low BF%
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
June 12 2014 00:29 GMT
#1731
Nice work Osmoses, that's some sweet progress. Good to see Malinor stop by
Keep it up Najda, consistency is key.

I don't have great organization with the progress pics but here goes:
+ Show Spoiler [Pre-gym Fall 2011 @160~] +

[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Post-gym-hiatus and Tough Mudder Fall…] +

[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [January 2014 @175] +

[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Current Unashamed Post-Workout Pump @190] +

[image loading]
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
June 12 2014 00:59 GMT
#1732
You at 700 lbs deadlift farv?
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
June 12 2014 01:03 GMT
#1733
Heh nope, plans got derailed by a nagging SI problem. Seems to be all healed and I'm back to 550 so the progress begins soon.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
June 12 2014 01:08 GMT
#1734
Man I don't think I'll ever try and max deadlifts again. Just too much injury risk with a torn hip labrum. It's sad in a way. No greater gym thrill than locking out a deadlift with a bar bent under the weight.
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
June 12 2014 01:10 GMT
#1735
Couldn't agree more. Getting older sucks.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
BreAKerTV
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Taiwan1658 Posts
June 12 2014 01:11 GMT
#1736
On June 12 2014 03:44 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2014 01:49 BreAKerTV wrote:
Hi guys, I am presently trying to engineer this kind of figure (tall, slim-ish, apparent abs) for myself from a 180 CM, 80KG figure. This would mostly involve cutting fat.

+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


How should I go about achieving this goal (what should I eat, cut from my diet, etc.)? How many times to the gym should I go each week and what is my focus when i go?

P.S. I would like to try and produce a more visible 6 pack than this guy, but only slightly more visible.


Is this what looks good in taiwan? At 180cm I'd shoot for 80-90kg just need more muscle and less fat. Follow above advice and read the info in the OP.

Basically that's what the ladies like here. Tall, thin, semi-muscular.
Retired caster / streamer "BingeHD". Digital Nomad.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7684 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-12 05:04:55
June 12 2014 01:17 GMT
#1737
So the ladies love Brad Pitt from Fight Club.

But seriously though, how can women prefer the image you posted to something like this classic Marky Mark pic:

[image loading]

The only way I can understand it is if they just think that Marky Mark is out of their doughy league and so they are settling for a skinny man.
It is terrible to die of thirst at sea. Must you so salt your truth that it will no longer even slake thirst?
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
June 12 2014 01:32 GMT
#1738
OK so, I've been sorting out a lot of issues in my life from top to bottom and it's proving difficult but rewarding all round and I'm feeling a lot better, depression has been kicked and I'm feeling motivated.

The one thing I really want to get a hold of is my fitness. I used to be a regular sports participant in school and swam/scuba dived a lot before adult life caught up with me.

Anyway simply put I'm going off 2/3 years of physical laziness, and have been smoking 20 a day for that sedentary period. I'm not looking any kind of tailored plan but more general advice, namely what is a realistic programme to go under? Aesthetically tbh I don't need much work, but I would like to be fitter and improve my energy levels.

Thanks in advance folks.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
June 12 2014 04:00 GMT
#1739
On June 12 2014 10:17 IgnE wrote:
So the ladies love Brad Pitt from Fight Club.

But seriously though, how can women prefer the image you posted to something like this classic Marky Mark pic:

[image loading]


The only way I can understand it is if they just think that Marky Mark is out of their doughy league and so they are settling for a skinny man.


Your picture doesn't load but a google search leaves me equally perplexed. I wonder if it's just girls can more imagine them dating the not-as-big brad pitt from fight club type look? Like comparing a victoria secret model to just a normal very attractive girl that you actually see in day to day life. Hell if I know though, I'm not a woman.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
June 12 2014 04:04 GMT
#1740
in before stoitsov and klokov pictures
Prev 1 85 86 87 88 89 173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 219
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17716
Rain 1454
GuemChi 641
sSak 43
Bale 23
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm191
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1022
taco 462
minikerr37
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1021
Mew2King69
Other Games
summit1g7651
JimRising 637
WinterStarcraft579
C9.Mang0170
ViBE121
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1066
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream50
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Light_VIP 18
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo786
• Stunt277
Other Games
• Shiphtur744
• Scarra718
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
6h 13m
INu's Battles
7h 13m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
9h 13m
OSC
18h 28m
Replay Cast
19h 13m
OSC
1d 19h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.