• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:00
CEST 06:00
KST 13:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)26Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8707 users

2013-2014 Champions League & Europa League Thread - Page 206

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 204 205 206 207 208 293 Next
zeo
Profile Joined October 2009
Serbia6343 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-09 22:38:00
April 09 2014 22:36 GMT
#4101
On April 10 2014 07:32 Steveling wrote:
Yeah it depends at the players he has at his disposal.
That's why when he had cristiano, higuain, benzema, di maria, ozil, alonso he played with pepe as a holding midfielder.
Dat spirited attacking gameplay was overwhelming! xD

Steve, you are a bro tier Barca fan (which is rare btw), so I will kindly say that I think you are looking at Mourinho's stay at RM through propaganda colored glasses

"Real Madrid was a defensive team? We scored 121 goals and got 100 points. My Chelsea was defensive? But they still have the Premier League points record.

"Sometimes a lie that is repeated a lot fools people into thinking it is true. Are my teams attacking? They are built to win. You have to be dominant to win more than not so that is what my teams try to be."
- Jose Mourinho
“What the public criticizes in you, cultivate. It is you.” - Jean Cocteau
Pantagruel
Profile Joined September 2011
United States1427 Posts
April 09 2014 23:30 GMT
#4102
It's really irrelevant how many goals you score when looking at the intent of a team. The first priority of a Jose Mourinho team is to not concede, and that's how they set up to play. Jose now, and always, has played not to concede first. I don't like that attitude towards football. I prefer a team that looks to dominate the game and score goals first and foremost. Though Jose's teams can score a lot of goals on the counter, in the end he is only interested in winning games, not in playing football. Without a doubt he is damn efficient in this, but I can't respect this attitude.

When I think back on teams of the past I'll never remember much about a Mourinho team (though I'll remember Mourinho himself) while a team like Guardiola's Barcelona will be remembered by everyone. Mourinho will be seen as a fantastic winner, but ultimately will have contributed nothing to the game of football.
SpaNiarD
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Spain353 Posts
April 09 2014 23:31 GMT
#4103
On April 10 2014 05:59 Mensol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2014 05:56 SpaNiarD wrote:
This Barcelona needs like 6 new players for next season. Pique is not on shape, Xavi neither, Mascherano neither, Bartra is not good enough for that team, Pinto is not a goalkeeper for winning a Champions League, and they need a forward different to Alexis, someone tall to score grab the balls.

I think I would never say this but... Go Atleti!!
+ Show Spoiler +
From a Deportivo de La Coruña fan

Los Turcos baby!

La Liga awaits for D.La Coruna! :3

Before my last year as erasmus where I met so many turkish, I didn't know Deportivo was so known in Turkey You made me really happy

And I think Barcelona will get some players for the next year. FIFA won't go too far with that penalty, is just to take attention like when happened to Chelsea
smekz
Profile Joined April 2010
Portugal503 Posts
April 09 2014 23:53 GMT
#4104
On April 10 2014 08:30 Pantagruel wrote:
It's really irrelevant how many goals you score when looking at the intent of a team. The first priority of a Jose Mourinho team is to not concede, and that's how they set up to play. Jose now, and always, has played not to concede first. I don't like that attitude towards football. I prefer a team that looks to dominate the game and score goals first and foremost. Though Jose's teams can score a lot of goals on the counter, in the end he is only interested in winning games, not in playing football. Without a doubt he is damn efficient in this, but I can't respect this attitude.

When I think back on teams of the past I'll never remember much about a Mourinho team (though I'll remember Mourinho himself) while a team like Guardiola's Barcelona will be remembered by everyone. Mourinho will be seen as a fantastic winner, but ultimately will have contributed nothing to the game of football.


i guess you will forget how chelsea became a top tier club then
Twisted
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Netherlands13554 Posts
April 09 2014 23:54 GMT
#4105
On April 10 2014 08:53 smekz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2014 08:30 Pantagruel wrote:
It's really irrelevant how many goals you score when looking at the intent of a team. The first priority of a Jose Mourinho team is to not concede, and that's how they set up to play. Jose now, and always, has played not to concede first. I don't like that attitude towards football. I prefer a team that looks to dominate the game and score goals first and foremost. Though Jose's teams can score a lot of goals on the counter, in the end he is only interested in winning games, not in playing football. Without a doubt he is damn efficient in this, but I can't respect this attitude.

When I think back on teams of the past I'll never remember much about a Mourinho team (though I'll remember Mourinho himself) while a team like Guardiola's Barcelona will be remembered by everyone. Mourinho will be seen as a fantastic winner, but ultimately will have contributed nothing to the game of football.


i guess you will forget how chelsea became a top tier club then


manniieeee
Moderator
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18756 Posts
April 09 2014 23:56 GMT
#4106
On April 10 2014 08:30 Pantagruel wrote:
It's really irrelevant how many goals you score when looking at the intent of a team. The first priority of a Jose Mourinho team is to not concede, and that's how they set up to play. Jose now, and always, has played not to concede first. I don't like that attitude towards football. I prefer a team that looks to dominate the game and score goals first and foremost. Though Jose's teams can score a lot of goals on the counter, in the end he is only interested in winning games, not in playing football. Without a doubt he is damn efficient in this, but I can't respect this attitude.

When I think back on teams of the past I'll never remember much about a Mourinho team (though I'll remember Mourinho himself) while a team like Guardiola's Barcelona will be remembered by everyone. Mourinho will be seen as a fantastic winner, but ultimately will have contributed nothing to the game of football.


Thats your opinion, I will remember Mourinho's teams because they were the only team to beat Barca at their high
smekz
Profile Joined April 2010
Portugal503 Posts
April 09 2014 23:56 GMT
#4107
On April 10 2014 08:54 Twisted wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2014 08:53 smekz wrote:
On April 10 2014 08:30 Pantagruel wrote:
It's really irrelevant how many goals you score when looking at the intent of a team. The first priority of a Jose Mourinho team is to not concede, and that's how they set up to play. Jose now, and always, has played not to concede first. I don't like that attitude towards football. I prefer a team that looks to dominate the game and score goals first and foremost. Though Jose's teams can score a lot of goals on the counter, in the end he is only interested in winning games, not in playing football. Without a doubt he is damn efficient in this, but I can't respect this attitude.

When I think back on teams of the past I'll never remember much about a Mourinho team (though I'll remember Mourinho himself) while a team like Guardiola's Barcelona will be remembered by everyone. Mourinho will be seen as a fantastic winner, but ultimately will have contributed nothing to the game of football.


i guess you will forget how chelsea became a top tier club then


manniieeee


thanks for the obvious answer but look at all the other clubs that got money thrown at
Mensol
Profile Joined September 2012
14536 Posts
April 10 2014 00:03 GMT
#4108
On April 10 2014 08:31 SpaNiarD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2014 05:59 Mensol wrote:
On April 10 2014 05:56 SpaNiarD wrote:
This Barcelona needs like 6 new players for next season. Pique is not on shape, Xavi neither, Mascherano neither, Bartra is not good enough for that team, Pinto is not a goalkeeper for winning a Champions League, and they need a forward different to Alexis, someone tall to score grab the balls.

I think I would never say this but... Go Atleti!!
+ Show Spoiler +
From a Deportivo de La Coruña fan

Los Turcos baby!

La Liga awaits for D.La Coruna! :3

Before my last year as erasmus where I met so many turkish, I didn't know Deportivo was so known in Turkey You made me really happy

And I think Barcelona will get some players for the next year. FIFA won't go too far with that penalty, is just to take attention like when happened to Chelsea

Oh did you come to Turkey or Turkish students were in Spain?

Deportivo is still popular here dude :3 We all want Razor Blues to back their old days. I still remember Roy Makaay, Diego Tristan and of course Juan Carlos Velaron I really hope that an Arab millionire buys the club so that Deportivo can back old days. I also remember "Road to Istambul" cheerfuls by Deportivo fans at 04-05 CL. + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
fuck Celta Vigo

I just dont want to see Chelsea vs Atletico Madrid. - Chelsea vs Real or Bayern would be sick. Amazing story lines for both games.
If you don't know what the fuck you are doing, how are your enemies supposed to know what the fuck you are doing. - imaqtpie on NA teams at Worlds.
Twisted
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Netherlands13554 Posts
April 10 2014 00:14 GMT
#4109
On April 10 2014 08:56 smekz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2014 08:54 Twisted wrote:
On April 10 2014 08:53 smekz wrote:
On April 10 2014 08:30 Pantagruel wrote:
It's really irrelevant how many goals you score when looking at the intent of a team. The first priority of a Jose Mourinho team is to not concede, and that's how they set up to play. Jose now, and always, has played not to concede first. I don't like that attitude towards football. I prefer a team that looks to dominate the game and score goals first and foremost. Though Jose's teams can score a lot of goals on the counter, in the end he is only interested in winning games, not in playing football. Without a doubt he is damn efficient in this, but I can't respect this attitude.

When I think back on teams of the past I'll never remember much about a Mourinho team (though I'll remember Mourinho himself) while a team like Guardiola's Barcelona will be remembered by everyone. Mourinho will be seen as a fantastic winner, but ultimately will have contributed nothing to the game of football.


i guess you will forget how chelsea became a top tier club then


manniieeee


thanks for the obvious answer but look at all the other clubs that got money thrown at


Sorry, had to :p
Moderator
Rebs
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Pakistan10726 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-10 00:19:41
April 10 2014 00:14 GMT
#4110
On April 10 2014 06:31 Stratos_speAr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2014 06:11 Steveling wrote:
They didn't part on good terms.
Mou accused his whole squad of being traitors, he told them that the barca players are catalan first and that they should be enemies which is just disgusting and he benched the legendary casillas just to show who's boss.

He's like a thug honestly. Don't like him one bit.


Seriously. I don't get why people like him. All I've ever seen from him is a massive ego and a horrible propensity to throw his players under the bus.


Hes a cunt, but hes a winner, its annoying because I like winners and I like people who now how to win even more but I hate him..

On April 10 2014 08:56 sharkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2014 08:30 Pantagruel wrote:
It's really irrelevant how many goals you score when looking at the intent of a team. The first priority of a Jose Mourinho team is to not concede, and that's how they set up to play. Jose now, and always, has played not to concede first. I don't like that attitude towards football. I prefer a team that looks to dominate the game and score goals first and foremost. Though Jose's teams can score a lot of goals on the counter, in the end he is only interested in winning games, not in playing football. Without a doubt he is damn efficient in this, but I can't respect this attitude.

When I think back on teams of the past I'll never remember much about a Mourinho team (though I'll remember Mourinho himself) while a team like Guardiola's Barcelona will be remembered by everyone. Mourinho will be seen as a fantastic winner, but ultimately will have contributed nothing to the game of football.


Thats your opinion, I will remember Mourinho's teams because they were the only team to beat Barca at their high


Hes right though, He hasnt contributed to the games evolution, he just knows how to win. He doesnt do anything new, he picks the best option, so he will be remembered as a winner sure, and damn good one, but still just an energy drink manager

MaZza[KIS]
Profile Joined December 2005
Australia2110 Posts
April 10 2014 02:52 GMT
#4111
On April 10 2014 08:30 Pantagruel wrote:
It's really irrelevant how many goals you score when looking at the intent of a team. The first priority of a Jose Mourinho team is to not concede, and that's how they set up to play. Jose now, and always, has played not to concede first. I don't like that attitude towards football. I prefer a team that looks to dominate the game and score goals first and foremost. Though Jose's teams can score a lot of goals on the counter, in the end he is only interested in winning games, not in playing football. Without a doubt he is damn efficient in this, but I can't respect this attitude.

When I think back on teams of the past I'll never remember much about a Mourinho team (though I'll remember Mourinho himself) while a team like Guardiola's Barcelona will be remembered by everyone. Mourinho will be seen as a fantastic winner, but ultimately will have contributed nothing to the game of football.


Remove Messi from Barcelona and it's just one big giant boring pass-fest. (while Messi was out lots of ppl were saying how barca had lost it's impetus and slowed down their game... I'm not alone in thinking this)

If the intent of Murinho is not to concede then the intent of Pep is to retain possesion. BOTH CAN BE EXTREMELY BORING!!!

Lets face it, what matters at the end of the day is RESULT. If you're focused on anything else it's because you didn't win and you're trying to justify why you lost.

No.1 Jose fan! (esp. for that eye poke)
I really wanted a bigger opponent, like Nate Marquardt, or King Neptune, or Zeus, or Zeus and Fedor, or Fedor on Zeus's shoulders, and they can both punch but only Zeus can kick.
Rebs
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Pakistan10726 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-10 03:22:00
April 10 2014 03:21 GMT
#4112
On April 10 2014 11:52 MaZza[KIS] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2014 08:30 Pantagruel wrote:
It's really irrelevant how many goals you score when looking at the intent of a team. The first priority of a Jose Mourinho team is to not concede, and that's how they set up to play. Jose now, and always, has played not to concede first. I don't like that attitude towards football. I prefer a team that looks to dominate the game and score goals first and foremost. Though Jose's teams can score a lot of goals on the counter, in the end he is only interested in winning games, not in playing football. Without a doubt he is damn efficient in this, but I can't respect this attitude.

When I think back on teams of the past I'll never remember much about a Mourinho team (though I'll remember Mourinho himself) while a team like Guardiola's Barcelona will be remembered by everyone. Mourinho will be seen as a fantastic winner, but ultimately will have contributed nothing to the game of football.


Remove Messi from Barcelona and it's just one big giant boring pass-fest. (while Messi was out lots of ppl were saying how barca had lost it's impetus and slowed down their game... I'm not alone in thinking this)



Hes not alone guyzz move over,

Well Munich play the same way and they are amazing, although tbh the tinkering with the 2 3 3 2 whatever it was, was silly. just play their regular 4 3 2 1 and they will murder anyone.

No one is saying either guy isnt flawed and doesnt make mistakes. But one is a ruthless winner the other wins while innovating (and occasionally failing but whatever) I would hardly call Bayern Munichs football a snooze fest.

A boring pass fest would be a problem if it was happening in their own half, which is something I have yet in the last god knows how many years prove. Its all just outside the final third, and guess why they cant get in... bingo..

Thats why when you see Atleti press and hound them all over the pitch its super impressive.
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28899 Posts
April 10 2014 03:29 GMT
#4113
On April 10 2014 06:31 Stratos_speAr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2014 06:11 Steveling wrote:
They didn't part on good terms.
Mou accused his whole squad of being traitors, he told them that the barca players are catalan first and that they should be enemies which is just disgusting and he benched the legendary casillas just to show who's boss.

He's like a thug honestly. Don't like him one bit.


Seriously. I don't get why people like him. All I've ever seen from him is a massive ego and a horrible propensity to throw his players under the bus.


This propensity to throw his players under the bus was something that came after he went to real madrid. He wasn't doing it during the first spell in Chelsea or to my knowledge, during his stay in Inter. In fact all the players he coached in those periods seem to really love him. In Real Madrid though, he fell out with many players and well, I think that turned him a bit darker.

It's like, I think he's often balancing a very thin line between kinda joking / being very blunt (insulting) and when he gets it right we get legendary quotes and when he gets it wrong we get incendiary insults. Personally I love him, I've loved watching Chelsea during his coaching periods, they have consistently played great football and produced highly dramatic and enjoyable games. I also think he is hilarious- I think the eye-gouging was basically the one incident I don't accept, but any man should be entitled to one moment of madness. And also, he really doesn't have a striker.
Moderator
Pantagruel
Profile Joined September 2011
United States1427 Posts
April 10 2014 06:42 GMT
#4114
On April 10 2014 11:52 MaZza[KIS] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2014 08:30 Pantagruel wrote:
It's really irrelevant how many goals you score when looking at the intent of a team. The first priority of a Jose Mourinho team is to not concede, and that's how they set up to play. Jose now, and always, has played not to concede first. I don't like that attitude towards football. I prefer a team that looks to dominate the game and score goals first and foremost. Though Jose's teams can score a lot of goals on the counter, in the end he is only interested in winning games, not in playing football. Without a doubt he is damn efficient in this, but I can't respect this attitude.

When I think back on teams of the past I'll never remember much about a Mourinho team (though I'll remember Mourinho himself) while a team like Guardiola's Barcelona will be remembered by everyone. Mourinho will be seen as a fantastic winner, but ultimately will have contributed nothing to the game of football.


Remove Messi from Barcelona and it's just one big giant boring pass-fest. (while Messi was out lots of ppl were saying how barca had lost it's impetus and slowed down their game... I'm not alone in thinking this)

If the intent of Murinho is not to concede then the intent of Pep is to retain possesion. BOTH CAN BE EXTREMELY BORING!!!

Lets face it, what matters at the end of the day is RESULT. If you're focused on anything else it's because you didn't win and you're trying to justify why you lost.

No.1 Jose fan! (esp. for that eye poke)


I don't agree. I think at the end of the day, the result is not the only thing that matters. Obviously every club strives for results but that's not mutually exclusive with adventurous play. Part of what I love about football is competition. That part of me wants one team or another to win. Another part of me loves the artistry of football. I love the fluidity, speed an creativity of football. That's a big reason I watch it over other sports or games. So clearly, there are multiple factors that matter at the end of the day.

Mourinho can obviously lay claim to some fantastic results, but he has often presented some dour football, even with the most talented of teams. Someone like Guardiola can lay claim to both results as well as beautiful football (though if we want to go deeper maybe we should attribute that to Cruyff). I don't think the result is the only thing that matters, I think the style and intention of your football is important too. I find Mourinho particularly guilty in this department because of the talent at his disposal. Small clubs don't have the resources to compete against the Barcelona's of the world and it can be understood that they will play defensively, because results do matter. But for clubs like Real Madrid, Chelsea, Inter, results are not the only thing that matter. I expect something more from them as well, a desire to dominate the game, produce art and creativity, and to win at football, not just on the scoresheet. Otherwise I might as well play the game on paper.


As for someone complaining about Pep. I agree it can get boring at times, but ultimately, that is because the opponent refuses to play football. If opponents don't park the bus, most of Peps teams' games are glorious. His teams go out with intention to score goals, not to be sure they don't concede.
Mafe
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany5966 Posts
April 10 2014 07:07 GMT
#4115
The good things of the champions league semifinals is that no matter the draw are matches will be come with a great lot of stories now.
Even though I normally dont like matches with teams from the same country, this time Bayern-Chelsea and Real-Atletico would be an absolute dream.
Ysellian
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands9029 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-10 08:01:28
April 10 2014 07:34 GMT
#4116
Tiki-taka is playing with the intention of not conceding the ball and is very result focused. It's a tactic developed out of weakness in one area and strength in another. Pep's version is a lot more direct than Spain's, which IMO is a bigger bore fest than Mou's Inter, but he does fall victim to being too focused on possession at times. Parking the bus is a common criticism towards teams playing against it, but it really shouldn't be an issue with the physical presence Bayern has. Though I think the reason Bayern struggled so much was because Pep was being a bit too cute tactically.

That said, I personally believe Wenger understands true creativity. To me true creativity is without any hand breaks that both Mourinho and Guardiola put on their teams, to me amazing creative teams lose against brutally efficient teams like it's supposed to. (Netherlands 70's and 90's, Brazil in the 80's, Liverpool currently) When the crowd shouts "aanvalluuuh" we want all 10 players moving forward without thinking of keeping the ball or defending. Shoot the ball on target when you get the opportunity, attack from the right or left, if someone is man-marking anyone that means he's not open for a pass. The true Rinus Michels way!
Otolia
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
France5805 Posts
April 10 2014 07:41 GMT
#4117
On April 10 2014 08:30 Pantagruel wrote:
It's really irrelevant how many goals you score when looking at the intent of a team. The first priority of a Jose Mourinho team is to not concede, and that's how they set up to play. Jose now, and always, has played not to concede first. I don't like that attitude towards football. I prefer a team that looks to dominate the game and score goals first and foremost. Though Jose's teams can score a lot of goals on the counter, in the end he is only interested in winning games, not in playing football. Without a doubt he is damn efficient in this, but I can't respect this attitude.

When I think back on teams of the past I'll never remember much about a Mourinho team (though I'll remember Mourinho himself) while a team like Guardiola's Barcelona will be remembered by everyone. Mourinho will be seen as a fantastic winner, but ultimately will have contributed nothing to the game of football.

BULL- FUCKING - SHIT !!!!!

One of the most visually pleasant team in Europa is Fiorentina. Vicenzo Montella has built a 3-5-2 with a lot of depth and the sole reason they won't be qualified for CL this year and the injuries to Mario Gomez et Guiseppe Rossi. And yet, I seldom see anyone praising them.

Your rhetoric about "pleasant" football is nothing but posturing.
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18756 Posts
April 10 2014 07:42 GMT
#4118
On April 10 2014 16:34 Ysellian wrote:
Tiki-taka is playing with the intention of not conceding the ball and is very result focused. It's a tactic developed out of weakness in one area and strength in another. Pep's version is a lot more direct than Spain's, which IMO is a bigger bore fest than Mou's Inter, but he does fall victim to being too focused on possession at times. Parking the bus is a common criticism towards teams playing against it, but it really shouldn't be an issue with the physical presence Bayern has. Though I think the reason Bayern struggled so much was because Pep was being a bit too cute tactically.

That said, I personally believe Wenger understands true creativity. To me true creativity is without any hand breaks that both Mourinho and Guardiola put on their teams, to me amazing creative teams lose against brutally efficient teams like it's supposed to. (Netherlands 70's and 90's, Brazil in the 80's.) When the crowd shouts "aanvalluuuh" we want all 10 players moving forward without thinking of keeping the ball or defending. Shoot the ball on target when you get the opportunity, attack from the right or left, if someone is man-marking anyone that means he's not open for a pass. The true Rinus Michels way!


Spains tiki taka is more efficient and dangerous than the barca style
Ysellian
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands9029 Posts
April 10 2014 07:45 GMT
#4119
On April 10 2014 16:42 sharkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2014 16:34 Ysellian wrote:
Tiki-taka is playing with the intention of not conceding the ball and is very result focused. It's a tactic developed out of weakness in one area and strength in another. Pep's version is a lot more direct than Spain's, which IMO is a bigger bore fest than Mou's Inter, but he does fall victim to being too focused on possession at times. Parking the bus is a common criticism towards teams playing against it, but it really shouldn't be an issue with the physical presence Bayern has. Though I think the reason Bayern struggled so much was because Pep was being a bit too cute tactically.

That said, I personally believe Wenger understands true creativity. To me true creativity is without any hand breaks that both Mourinho and Guardiola put on their teams, to me amazing creative teams lose against brutally efficient teams like it's supposed to. (Netherlands 70's and 90's, Brazil in the 80's.) When the crowd shouts "aanvalluuuh" we want all 10 players moving forward without thinking of keeping the ball or defending. Shoot the ball on target when you get the opportunity, attack from the right or left, if someone is man-marking anyone that means he's not open for a pass. The true Rinus Michels way!


Spains tiki taka is more efficient and dangerous than the barca style


I've never seen Pep's Barca just stop any attacking effort after scoring a goal the way Spain did multiple times in the Euro and World cup. .
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18756 Posts
April 10 2014 07:47 GMT
#4120
On April 10 2014 16:45 Ysellian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2014 16:4 sharkie wrote:
On April 10 2014 16:34 Ysellian wrote:
Tiki-taka is playing with the intention of not conceding the ball and is very result focused. It's a tactic developed out of weakness in one area and strength in another. Pep's version is a lot more direct than Spain's, which IMO is a bigger bore fest than Mou's Inter, but he does fall victim to being too focused on possession at times. Parking the bus is a common criticism towards teams playing against it, but it really shouldn't be an issue with the physical presence Bayern has. Though I think the reason Bayern struggled so much was because Pep was being a bit too cute tactically.

That said, I personally believe Wenger understands true creativity. To me true creativity is without any hand breaks that both Mourinho and Guardiola put on their teams, to me amazing creative teams lose against brutally efficient teams like it's supposed to. (Netherlands 70's and 90's, Brazil in the 80's.) When the crowd shouts "aanvalluuuh" we want all 10 players moving forward without thinking of keeping the ball or defending. Shoot the ball on target when you get the opportunity, attack from the right or left, if someone is man-marking anyone that means he's not open for a pass. The true Rinus Michels way!


Spains tiki taka is more efficient and dangerous than the barca style


I've never seen Pep's Barca just stop any attacking effort after scoring a goal the way Spain did multiple times in the Euro and World cup. .


As much as I dislike Spain I cant fault them for that

world cup and euro is about preserving strength, you cant go all out in every game. Germany has learnt that the hard way
Prev 1 204 205 206 207 208 293 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 206
SpeCial 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2009
Snow 33
NaDa 30
Bale 29
Noble 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm170
Counter-Strike
taco 567
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1434
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1076
WinterStarcraft593
Other Games
summit1g8570
Doublelift2322
JimRising 678
PiGStarcraft292
ArmadaUGS187
C9.Mang0170
Maynarde148
ViBE82
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick799
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream146
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 86
• practicex 15
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki174
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo1184
• Rush513
• Stunt258
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
6h 1m
OSC
9h 1m
Stellar Fest
9h 1m
OSC
20h 1m
Stellar Fest
1d 9h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.