• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:34
CEST 14:34
KST 21:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9026 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 40

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 379 Next
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
January 26 2012 19:13 GMT
#781
leg raises are pretty good I think. also, windshield wipers

+ Show Spoiler +
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-26 19:48:26
January 26 2012 19:48 GMT
#782
I like Decline Sit-Ups, and Hangling Leg Raises the most. You can basically make the sit-ups ridiculously challenging if you do them very slowly and/or weighted. And then some Hyperextensions (again, I like doing them really slow)/ Reverse Hypers to balance it out with the lower back.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
Kamais Ookin
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada591 Posts
January 26 2012 20:24 GMT
#783
It's all about heavy weighted leg raises to get the sexy abs girls fantasize about and wet their panties.
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Kamais_Ookin Twitch account streaming fighting games and PC games, etc twitch.tv/kamais_ookin
steelANDmalice
Profile Joined October 2011
87 Posts
January 26 2012 20:36 GMT
#784
LOL wtf?



rEiGN~
Profile Joined September 2010
369 Posts
January 26 2012 21:24 GMT
#785
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Nike's shitty fitness iPhone app. Get lean, get toned, yes... fuck.
TL.net Stream Viewer Count http://goo.gl/ahf1E
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
January 26 2012 23:04 GMT
#786
From what I've heard, leg raises are limited by the hip flexors, not the abs, and as such aren't the workout that you think you're getting when you do them.

Sometimes i do Decline weighted situps, and the medecine ball exercises here
+ Show Spoiler +



But I do toss the ball against the wall in between each rep of the twist. I really only break out these exercises when I'm working out with someone who's worried about their abs, and typically has them as part of a routine - but I can usually beat those guys in terms of reps, form, or weight with my squat 'n DL inspired core.
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
January 26 2012 23:04 GMT
#787
Squatting while cutting weight is like letting someone kick you in the balls with a sledgehammer every morning and you wait for the moment when you are going to enjoy it. I could demolish something right now.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
Orpheos
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1663 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-27 02:09:37
January 26 2012 23:44 GMT
#788
On January 27 2012 08:04 Malinor wrote:
Squatting while cutting weight is like letting someone kick you in the balls with a sledgehammer every morning and you wait for the moment when you are going to enjoy it. I could demolish something right now.


yeaaa... thats why Im glad my goals are more weight oriented so I dont feel bad deloading every now and then. losing about a pound per week and making okay progress on lifts.

edit*
also those windshield wipers look brutal >_< idk maybe its just cause Im a fatty
Raidern
Profile Joined February 2005
Brazil3821 Posts
January 27 2012 00:06 GMT
#789
On January 27 2012 04:00 FiWiFaKi wrote:
I decided to throw my forearm exercises out of my workout. I do many big lifts, and even though my forearms aren't big, they're pretty strong and hold up well in all my lifts. Although I somewhat want to find something to replace that void, even though a shorter workout would be nice.

Anyways, what I came up with, is I'd like to do some core work. Right now I do 2 compound lifts per day and usually 5 isolation, and I've never worked my abs before besides some decline weighted sit-ups when I was starting out. I'm not sure how many of you guys actually do core exercises because squat and dead-lift does a good job apparently, but some leg-raises or something might be good, also I'd want to target my obliques a bit too. So if you recommend it or don't recommend it, let me know (:


pull ups and chin ups will definitely work your forearm and biceps
For the Swarm!
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
January 27 2012 01:05 GMT
#790
On January 27 2012 09:06 Raidern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2012 04:00 FiWiFaKi wrote:
I decided to throw my forearm exercises out of my workout. I do many big lifts, and even though my forearms aren't big, they're pretty strong and hold up well in all my lifts. Although I somewhat want to find something to replace that void, even though a shorter workout would be nice.

Anyways, what I came up with, is I'd like to do some core work. Right now I do 2 compound lifts per day and usually 5 isolation, and I've never worked my abs before besides some decline weighted sit-ups when I was starting out. I'm not sure how many of you guys actually do core exercises because squat and dead-lift does a good job apparently, but some leg-raises or something might be good, also I'd want to target my obliques a bit too. So if you recommend it or don't recommend it, let me know (:


pull ups and chin ups will definitely work your forearm and biceps


I do bicep exercises still, I feel like they help put on size while my back exercises give my biceps a lot of strength, it's something that works for me. And that's the main reason I threw forearms out of the window. Deadlift, benchpress, holding anything heavy really does good for forearms, plus for my bicep curl warm up I do like the opposite grip bicep curl, but yeah, they are trained enough.

Anyways back to the training abs. I see how to train them, but what will training them do for me? Will they become more defined, will they bulge out more, will they help me out with squats and dead lift? What's the reasoning is what I'm wondering about. In the gym I asked a personal trainer about their thought, and they said dead lift and squats already do your abs enough, just make sure to focus on keeping a stable core while doing them. I mean my abs are the only muscle right now where I have slight chub, like you can see a very faint 6 pack, while all my other muscles are pretty defined. I'm still doing low rep exercises so it's not like I can get super lean.

So TLDR. What will ab exercises help me achieve besides aesthetics. I don't see many thinner power-lifters do them, so maybe they aren't that great for what I'm after.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
Necosarius
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Sweden4042 Posts
January 27 2012 02:57 GMT
#791
Eshlow as a wraith, funkie as a defiler. I will never get used to it
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
January 27 2012 03:25 GMT
#792
do these


by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Advocado
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Denmark994 Posts
January 27 2012 03:43 GMT
#793
On January 27 2012 12:25 AoN.DimSum wrote:
do these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aJGUPDpMR0&feature=BFa&list=HL1327634646&lf=mh_lolz



That looks so stupid, but when a guy that ripped does them I can't laugh.
http://www.twitch.tv/advocadosc2
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
January 27 2012 05:12 GMT
#794
On January 27 2012 12:43 Advocado wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2012 12:25 AoN.DimSum wrote:
do these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aJGUPDpMR0&feature=BFa&list=HL1327634646&lf=mh_lolz



That looks so stupid, but when a guy that ripped does them I can't laugh.


He's also the world record holder for the snatch, clean and jerk, and total in the 77kg category, so I wouldn't laugh either .
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
January 27 2012 06:22 GMT
#795
On January 27 2012 06:24 rEiGN~ wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Nike's shitty fitness iPhone app. Get lean, get toned, yes... fuck.


It's directed to a girl-based population. So yeah, if you want to try a good app hit me up with your email and I'll share something really nice for you.

Dimsum, 140kg? Really? I'm nowhere near your level and I deadlift that. My 1rm is 160kg.

Tomorrow is heavy front squat, power clean and clean and jerk day. Hopefully I will be able to jerk 75kg and be done with BW C&J.

Will try to take videos :D
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
January 27 2012 07:38 GMT
#796
On January 27 2012 12:25 AoN.DimSum wrote:
do these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aJGUPDpMR0&feature=BFa&list=HL1327634646&lf=mh_lolz



They look fun, and look how much he tilts his body! Although I don't think the little things to block the weights from falling off would work with the stoppers at my gym, at that angle at least.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
Drowsy
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States4876 Posts
January 27 2012 08:59 GMT
#797
Any other oly lifters get some sick pain in their forearms from snatching? Holding the overhead position with a wide grip seems to have a strange effect on my forearms. For periods of 4-6 weeks they'll feel excruciating, then abruptly go away for 2 months and come back for another month. It doesn't happen at all cleaning or jerking. It's not wrist pain either, it's much lower on the forearm. NSAID+Ice doesn't have too much effectiveness either.
Our Protoss, Who art in Aiur HongUn be Thy name; Thy stalker come, Thy will be blunk, on ladder as it is in Micro Tourny. Give us this win in our daily ladder, and forgive us our cheeses, As we forgive those who play zerg against us.
rEiGN~
Profile Joined September 2010
369 Posts
January 27 2012 09:24 GMT
#798
On January 27 2012 15:22 funkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2012 06:24 rEiGN~ wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Nike's shitty fitness iPhone app. Get lean, get toned, yes... fuck.


It's directed to a girl-based population. So yeah, if you want to try a good app hit me up with your email and I'll share something really nice for you.


I'm not really looking for any but if you have something cool I'm interested.
TL.net Stream Viewer Count http://goo.gl/ahf1E
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-27 09:37:42
January 27 2012 09:34 GMT
#799
Had a really sweet workout this morning. First of all I finally broke through my difficulties with the squat, did my previous top weight easy as cake with almost twice as many reps. I spent a bit of time squatting every workout leading up until today and stretching etc and I nailed it. Felt awesome.

Got more awesome though. Broke through my press as well, gonna add some weight next time. And then it got even more awesome. I had had suspicions for a while and today I asked someone, and it turns out the bars don't weigh 10kg as previously thought. They weigh 20. So basically I lift 10 kilograms (~22 lbs) more in all exercies than I thought. It was like finding money.

Hate lunges though. Hurts my crotch. But overall today is a pretty good day.

Edit:
On January 27 2012 18:24 rEiGN~ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2012 15:22 funkie wrote:
On January 27 2012 06:24 rEiGN~ wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Nike's shitty fitness iPhone app. Get lean, get toned, yes... fuck.


It's directed to a girl-based population. So yeah, if you want to try a good app hit me up with your email and I'll share something really nice for you.


I'm not really looking for any but if you have something cool I'm interested.


I use a pretty sweet app called Workout Log. It's free and it's very user friendly, got custom routine setups with varying reps and weights per set, a rest timer and graphed progress charts. It's great.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
rEiGN~
Profile Joined September 2010
369 Posts
January 27 2012 09:57 GMT
#800
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/workout-logger/id396267216?mt=8

This one?
TL.net Stream Viewer Count http://goo.gl/ahf1E
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 832
RotterdaM400
SteadfastSC165
TKL 156
Rex103
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 400
ByuN 254
SteadfastSC 165
TKL 156
Rex 103
Codebar 37
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33925
Shuttle 2020
Jaedong 811
Bisu 623
Horang2 576
Soulkey 477
Stork 299
Mini 298
Larva 243
actioN 240
[ Show more ]
BeSt 220
Soma 201
EffOrt 193
Mong 166
firebathero 158
Last 147
Rush 139
Snow 130
ZerO 121
Zeus 100
Free 80
910 77
Pusan 75
Mind 69
Hyun 65
PianO 55
Shinee 51
Sharp 45
Shine 44
hero 42
Yoon 42
JYJ 33
Sexy 33
Bale 26
sorry 25
Aegong 21
Hm[arnc] 20
HiyA 20
ToSsGirL 19
ZergMaN 13
yabsab 13
Sacsri 12
scan(afreeca) 11
Noble 10
Icarus 5
Terrorterran 2
Dota 2
Gorgc2562
Dendi961
canceldota70
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1263
edward6
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King212
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes446
Other Games
gofns58854
singsing2203
Lowko311
B2W.Neo231
DeMusliM201
hiko187
Pyrionflax175
Livibee147
QueenE45
Trikslyr30
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1030
Other Games
BasetradeTV177
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV444
League of Legends
• Jankos1261
Other Games
• Shiphtur585
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h 26m
The PondCast
21h 26m
INu's Battles
22h 26m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.