• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:15
CEST 07:15
KST 14:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6049 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 42

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 379 Next
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
January 28 2012 07:20 GMT
#821
Still sick

Squat: 310lbs - 5-5-3
OHP: 110lbs - 3-2-1
DL: 315lbs: 5
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
January 28 2012 07:46 GMT
#822
@kamais a respectable bench is when youre not concerned about how much you're benching and conerned more about being awesome.
On January 28 2012 11:55 funkie wrote:
good session today, took some videos, they're uploading .

Video time! :D

+ Show Spoiler [Front Squat] +



+ Show Spoiler [Power Clean] +


+ Show Spoiler [Clean & Jerk] +


evaluate form and yes form form form!, thanks beforehand


a) wtf when did funkie get muscles?? Thought he was small and weak.
b) shit form on PC and CJ
c) don't worry we all have shit form
d) on PC: you're not finish your pull at all. get those hips through like youre banging heidi klum (newly single??)
e) on CJ: calm the fuck down. it's not a race. Pull the bar and get the fuck under it. Then once you have it racked, split those feet like a mother fucker. once you have it over head don't race to get your feet together. split, then once it's settled push off your front foot, then bring your back foot forward. Look at the OP of the oly thread.
f) rofl @ the fat ass curl bros staring at you while you man handled those FS
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-28 09:19:42
January 28 2012 09:15 GMT
#823
On January 28 2012 09:08 GoTuNk! wrote:
Squat: 135kgx5x7
BP: Doesn't matter. had squats

I hate squats, didnt fail anything though. 1 more day of torture tomorrow. Fuck you Mr. Smolov.

Fixed.

My workouts are going well, Bill Starr 5x5 is more fun than Starting Strength imo. Still getting good gains.

Just a few quick questions though:
Bill Starr asks for 3x8 dips, 3x8 curls, 3x8 dips as assistance on friday and situps/hypers on the other two days.
- How much time rest do I take in between compounds and assistance exercises?
- How long between sets of assistance exercises? 2mins across the board?
- If I get a set of 3x8 done, do I progress in weight straight away, or do I keep using it untill it gets easy-ish?
- What is correct form for shoulder dips?

I'm training for strength.

Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
January 28 2012 10:00 GMT
#824
On January 28 2012 10:55 AoN.DimSum wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2012 05:36 Zafrumi wrote:
On January 27 2012 21:25 AoN.DimSum wrote:
On January 27 2012 17:59 Drowsy wrote:
Any other oly lifters get some sick pain in their forearms from snatching? Holding the overhead position with a wide grip seems to have a strange effect on my forearms. For periods of 4-6 weeks they'll feel excruciating, then abruptly go away for 2 months and come back for another month. It doesn't happen at all cleaning or jerking. It's not wrist pain either, it's much lower on the forearm. NSAID+Ice doesn't have too much effectiveness either.


could it be from hook gripping? try straps to see if the pain goes away.

@ funkie my pull is terrible. its the weakest part of my lifting.

also i was kidding about that ab video. i just like posting the random exercises that i can find the chinese national team doing.



http://usoca.sportzcast.tv/(S(4ikfnzsdqspl23isi22r4sqh))/sportzcastplayer.aspx
live webcast junior usa nationals!


is that under 18? or 15?



Under 21


didnt have a chance to watch it all, but did josh gilbert of AVG lift?
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
January 28 2012 10:33 GMT
#825
On January 28 2012 18:15 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2012 09:08 GoTuNk! wrote:
Squat: 135kgx5x7
BP: Doesn't matter. had squats

I hate squats, didnt fail anything though. 1 more day of torture tomorrow. Fuck you Mr. Smolov.

Fixed.

My workouts are going well, Bill Starr 5x5 is more fun than Starting Strength imo. Still getting good gains.

Just a few quick questions though:
Bill Starr asks for 3x8 dips, 3x8 curls, 3x8 dips as assistance on friday and situps/hypers on the other two days.
- How much time rest do I take in between compounds and assistance exercises?
- How long between sets of assistance exercises? 2mins across the board?
- If I get a set of 3x8 done, do I progress in weight straight away, or do I keep using it untill it gets easy-ish?
- What is correct form for shoulder dips?

I'm training for strength.



-as much as you need, but not a second longer
-as much as you need, but not a second longer
-IMO stay linear
-no fucking idea. i'd check eshlow's youtube though.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
January 28 2012 11:05 GMT
#826
On January 28 2012 16:46 decafchicken wrote:
@kamais a respectable bench is when youre not concerned about how much you're benching and conerned more about being awesome.
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2012 11:55 funkie wrote:
good session today, took some videos, they're uploading .

Video time! :D

+ Show Spoiler [Front Squat] +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsrJaigyvkM



+ Show Spoiler [Power Clean] +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2YF3Yny6To


+ Show Spoiler [Clean & Jerk] +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krwSF0Kg3Y0


evaluate form and yes form form form!, thanks beforehand



b) shit form on PC and CJ
c) don't worry we all have shit form

Obviously not an expert either, but more specifically and according to the SS book you want the bar right over your midfoot. In pretty much all your exercises it was too far forward, making your back bend and your balance shift onto your toes.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-28 13:30:07
January 28 2012 13:22 GMT
#827
bad day today lol -_-
still, completed it with massively reduced weights, feels better than just quitting half way thru like i used to

i am a bit frustrated
and emotionally exhausted
tbh
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
Raidern
Profile Joined February 2005
Brazil3821 Posts
January 28 2012 14:06 GMT
#828
On January 28 2012 22:22 FFGenerations wrote:
bad day today lol -_-
still, completed it with massively reduced weights, feels better than just quitting half way thru like i used to

i am a bit frustrated
and emotionally exhausted
tbh


I've read before that if you have a shitty day and know it won't be a good day in the gym, you should quit it altogether and come back a couple days later ready to destroy.
For the Swarm!
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
January 28 2012 16:52 GMT
#829
On January 28 2012 23:06 Raidern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2012 22:22 FFGenerations wrote:
bad day today lol -_-
still, completed it with massively reduced weights, feels better than just quitting half way thru like i used to

i am a bit frustrated
and emotionally exhausted
tbh


I've read before that if you have a shitty day and know it won't be a good day in the gym, you should quit it altogether and come back a couple days later ready to destroy.

I read that you just stop be sad, and be awesome instead. Shit if I didn't go everytime I felt 100% I'd miss like half of my sessions.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-28 17:10:35
January 28 2012 17:10 GMT
#830
On January 28 2012 23:06 Raidern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2012 22:22 FFGenerations wrote:
bad day today lol -_-
still, completed it with massively reduced weights, feels better than just quitting half way thru like i used to

i am a bit frustrated
and emotionally exhausted
tbh


I've read before that if you have a shitty day and know it won't be a good day in the gym, you should quit it altogether and come back a couple days later ready to destroy.


I've had as a rule that even if I feel like I just got hit by a train I show up to the workout and at least warm up and do my mobility stuff. If I still feel like shit and the weights are not moving at all I call it a day.

There are countless sessions that turned out to be awesome (like the one where I finally managed to break my 100kg bench press plateau after 8 months) but felt horrible in the beginning.

Today's workout:

Squat: 190kg x 1.

All coming back !
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
January 28 2012 18:03 GMT
#831
On January 29 2012 02:10 sJarl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2012 23:06 Raidern wrote:
On January 28 2012 22:22 FFGenerations wrote:
bad day today lol -_-
still, completed it with massively reduced weights, feels better than just quitting half way thru like i used to

i am a bit frustrated
and emotionally exhausted
tbh


I've read before that if you have a shitty day and know it won't be a good day in the gym, you should quit it altogether and come back a couple days later ready to destroy.


I've had as a rule that even if I feel like I just got hit by a train I show up to the workout and at least warm up and do my mobility stuff. If I still feel like shit and the weights are not moving at all I call it a day.

There are countless sessions that turned out to be awesome (like the one where I finally managed to break my 100kg bench press plateau after 8 months) but felt horrible in the beginning.

Today's workout:

Squat: 190kg x 1.

All coming back !

This. You gotta at least go. No matter how I feel about going at first, once I'm there I usually get in the mood.

Also, that is a beastly squat.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
January 28 2012 19:31 GMT
#832
On January 29 2012 03:03 Osmoses wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 29 2012 02:10 sJarl wrote:
On January 28 2012 23:06 Raidern wrote:
On January 28 2012 22:22 FFGenerations wrote:
bad day today lol -_-
still, completed it with massively reduced weights, feels better than just quitting half way thru like i used to

i am a bit frustrated
and emotionally exhausted
tbh


I've read before that if you have a shitty day and know it won't be a good day in the gym, you should quit it altogether and come back a couple days later ready to destroy.


I've had as a rule that even if I feel like I just got hit by a train I show up to the workout and at least warm up and do my mobility stuff. If I still feel like shit and the weights are not moving at all I call it a day.

There are countless sessions that turned out to be awesome (like the one where I finally managed to break my 100kg bench press plateau after 8 months) but felt horrible in the beginning.

Today's workout:

Squat: 190kg x 1.

All coming back !

This. You gotta at least go. No matter how I feel about going at first, once I'm there I usually get in the mood.

Also, that is a beastly squat.

Damn nice squat sjarl.

And yeah I go pretty much no matter what. You miss every rep you never attempt.

how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
January 28 2012 19:54 GMT
#833
Thanks for the comments on form! :D
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Raidern
Profile Joined February 2005
Brazil3821 Posts
January 28 2012 19:57 GMT
#834
I don't mean that as in 'i'm lazy today, I won't go to the gym.' I don't think I ever skipped any day in the gym for any reason other than an injury. Of course I'm still lifting light weights (even though they feel heavy to me). What I mean is, if you usually Squat 120kg and for some reason you are not feeling strong enough to pull it out, it's better to go home and come back another day. You can even risk an unnecessary injury. If you are not a professional athlete I think that's the best thing to do.
For the Swarm!
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
January 28 2012 21:32 GMT
#835
I just take extra care making sure the safety bars are in right on those days. I've had so many last warm up sets feel heavier than my last work set, then the actual workset is a breeze and everything else goes so well.

I want to be in the gym so bad right now.
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
January 28 2012 23:47 GMT
#836
my dad wants to start working out, but he recovered from his 2nd heart surgery in august. i was thinking he could do band resistance exercises? any suggestions?
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
January 28 2012 23:49 GMT
#837
On January 29 2012 08:47 AoN.DimSum wrote:
my dad wants to start working out, but he recovered from his 2nd heart surgery in august. i was thinking he could do band resistance exercises? any suggestions?

What's his background?
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
January 29 2012 00:07 GMT
#838
no sports, he walks right now but he feels like he needs some more strength in his upper body since he feels fatigued sometimes.
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
January 29 2012 00:07 GMT
#839
On January 29 2012 08:47 AoN.DimSum wrote:
my dad wants to start working out, but he recovered from his 2nd heart surgery in august. i was thinking he could do band resistance exercises? any suggestions?


Advanced bulgarian system IMO

(i'll let eshlow handle this one :-p)
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
January 29 2012 00:24 GMT
#840
On January 29 2012 04:57 Raidern wrote:
I don't mean that as in 'i'm lazy today, I won't go to the gym.' I don't think I ever skipped any day in the gym for any reason other than an injury. Of course I'm still lifting light weights (even though they feel heavy to me). What I mean is, if you usually Squat 120kg and for some reason you are not feeling strong enough to pull it out, it's better to go home and come back another day. You can even risk an unnecessary injury. If you are not a professional athlete I think that's the best thing to do.


I disagree. I have my workouts for at least the month (usually 3 months) planned ahead and I dont skip them unless a relative dies or something. Even then, I usually dont skip them.
My spread sheet is already written, I just go there and follow what I planned ahead.
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 98
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2449
GuemChi 709
Leta 156
Snow 110
Terrorterran 72
Bale 30
Noble 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Icarus 9
Dota 2
febbydoto17
League of Legends
JimRising 631
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King62
Other Games
summit1g6720
WinterStarcraft354
C9.Mang0276
Sick142
ViBE88
Trikslyr32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick568
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 111
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki15
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2147
League of Legends
• Lourlo1306
• Stunt413
Other Games
• Shiphtur394
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
5h 46m
Patches Events
10h 46m
The PondCast
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.