• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:47
CEST 05:47
KST 12:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6600 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 41

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 39 40 41 42 43 379 Next
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-27 12:15:11
January 27 2012 12:13 GMT
#801
yes

edit: dunno what the reviewers are talking about, I have the latest version and mine does not have ads, maybe it's a us only thing?
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-27 18:55:44
January 27 2012 12:25 GMT
#802
On January 27 2012 17:59 Drowsy wrote:
Any other oly lifters get some sick pain in their forearms from snatching? Holding the overhead position with a wide grip seems to have a strange effect on my forearms. For periods of 4-6 weeks they'll feel excruciating, then abruptly go away for 2 months and come back for another month. It doesn't happen at all cleaning or jerking. It's not wrist pain either, it's much lower on the forearm. NSAID+Ice doesn't have too much effectiveness either.


could it be from hook gripping? try straps to see if the pain goes away.

@ funkie my pull is terrible. its the weakest part of my lifting.

also i was kidding about that ab video. i just like posting the random exercises that i can find the chinese national team doing.



http://usoca.sportzcast.tv/(S(4ikfnzsdqspl23isi22r4sqh))/sportzcastplayer.aspx
live webcast junior usa nationals!
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Drowsy
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States4876 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-27 20:48:03
January 27 2012 20:19 GMT
#803
On January 27 2012 21:25 AoN.DimSum wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2012 17:59 Drowsy wrote:
Any other oly lifters get some sick pain in their forearms from snatching? Holding the overhead position with a wide grip seems to have a strange effect on my forearms. For periods of 4-6 weeks they'll feel excruciating, then abruptly go away for 2 months and come back for another month. It doesn't happen at all cleaning or jerking. It's not wrist pain either, it's much lower on the forearm. NSAID+Ice doesn't have too much effectiveness either.


could it be from hook gripping? try straps to see if the pain goes away.

@ funkie my pull is terrible. its the weakest part of my lifting.

also i was kidding about that ab video. i just like posting the random exercises that i can find the chinese national team doing.



http://usoca.sportzcast.tv/(S(4ikfnzsdqspl23isi22r4sqh))/sportzcastplayer.aspx
live webcast junior usa nationals!



No it's definitely not from the grip/pull part. Straps/no straps doesn't affect it at all. If I do drop snatches, for instance, it still hurts pretty badly, and I feel it most acutely in the actual catch and not the pull.

Also 0 pain from clean, jerk, or CGOHS.
Our Protoss, Who art in Aiur HongUn be Thy name; Thy stalker come, Thy will be blunk, on ladder as it is in Micro Tourny. Give us this win in our daily ladder, and forgive us our cheeses, As we forgive those who play zerg against us.
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
January 27 2012 20:36 GMT
#804
On January 27 2012 21:25 AoN.DimSum wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2012 17:59 Drowsy wrote:
Any other oly lifters get some sick pain in their forearms from snatching? Holding the overhead position with a wide grip seems to have a strange effect on my forearms. For periods of 4-6 weeks they'll feel excruciating, then abruptly go away for 2 months and come back for another month. It doesn't happen at all cleaning or jerking. It's not wrist pain either, it's much lower on the forearm. NSAID+Ice doesn't have too much effectiveness either.


could it be from hook gripping? try straps to see if the pain goes away.

@ funkie my pull is terrible. its the weakest part of my lifting.

also i was kidding about that ab video. i just like posting the random exercises that i can find the chinese national team doing.



http://usoca.sportzcast.tv/(S(4ikfnzsdqspl23isi22r4sqh))/sportzcastplayer.aspx
live webcast junior usa nationals!


is that under 18? or 15?
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
January 27 2012 20:47 GMT
#805
On January 28 2012 05:36 Zafrumi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2012 21:25 AoN.DimSum wrote:
On January 27 2012 17:59 Drowsy wrote:
Any other oly lifters get some sick pain in their forearms from snatching? Holding the overhead position with a wide grip seems to have a strange effect on my forearms. For periods of 4-6 weeks they'll feel excruciating, then abruptly go away for 2 months and come back for another month. It doesn't happen at all cleaning or jerking. It's not wrist pain either, it's much lower on the forearm. NSAID+Ice doesn't have too much effectiveness either.


could it be from hook gripping? try straps to see if the pain goes away.

@ funkie my pull is terrible. its the weakest part of my lifting.

also i was kidding about that ab video. i just like posting the random exercises that i can find the chinese national team doing.



http://usoca.sportzcast.tv/(S(4ikfnzsdqspl23isi22r4sqh))/sportzcastplayer.aspx
live webcast junior usa nationals!


is that under 18? or 15?


Lol there's no way those guys are under 15... Seems like U18-19
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
January 27 2012 20:49 GMT
#806
Yesterday I was doing Power cleans for the first time in my life... I feel so weak compared to these people. I did 95lbs, 115lbs... and barely managed to do 135lbs, and utterly failed at 155lbs, hard to keep your back straight when you do that fast jerking motion. I could only press 115lb though =/
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
rEiGN~
Profile Joined September 2010
369 Posts
January 27 2012 22:11 GMT
#807
On January 28 2012 05:49 FiWiFaKi wrote:
Yesterday I was doing Power cleans for the first time in my life... I feel so weak compared to these people. I did 95lbs, 115lbs... and barely managed to do 135lbs, and utterly failed at 155lbs, hard to keep your back straight when you do that fast jerking motion. I could only press 115lb though =/


I wouldn't fuck around with heavy weights if it's your first time power cleaning. Focus on learning the proper form.
TL.net Stream Viewer Count http://goo.gl/ahf1E
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
January 27 2012 22:16 GMT
#808
On January 28 2012 07:11 rEiGN~ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2012 05:49 FiWiFaKi wrote:
Yesterday I was doing Power cleans for the first time in my life... I feel so weak compared to these people. I did 95lbs, 115lbs... and barely managed to do 135lbs, and utterly failed at 155lbs, hard to keep your back straight when you do that fast jerking motion. I could only press 115lb though =/


I wouldn't fuck around with heavy weights if it's your first time power cleaning. Focus on learning the proper form.


The form seemed pretty natural for me, I'm leaving for the Dominican today, but once I get back (they have a gym there ^^) I think I'll post in the oly thread for a form check. I'm still hesitant to squat down a lot to catch it, since my flexibility really lacks in my arms, so I have to keep my elbows low, and also my hamstrings are definitely not flexible enough to do a deep front squat either.

I'm just hoping I can get that flexibility through doing it more.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-27 22:48:25
January 27 2012 22:47 GMT
#809
On January 28 2012 07:16 FiWiFaKi wrote:
The form seemed pretty natural for me, I'm leaving for the Dominican today, but once I get back (they have a gym there ^^) I think I'll post in the oly thread for a form check. I'm still hesitant to squat down a lot to catch it, since my flexibility really lacks in my arms, so I have to keep my elbows low, and also my hamstrings are definitely not flexible enough to do a deep front squat either.

I'm just hoping I can get that flexibility through doing it more.


The general form is quite a natural movement, as long as you remember not to pull with your arms, but rather from your shoulders. The specifics however, are impossibly hard to master and even olympic record holders can make improvements. That's what makes the oly lifts so much fun.

week 1 day 3 of smolov today. First 7x5 workout - was pretty hard, but I finished it without any real complaints, went off and did a little bit of benching, and then left the gym. It was climbing the 16 flights of stairs (10 from gym to dorm, then my room is on the 6th floor) afterwards to get back that KILLED me, because it was just enough break for my glutes and quads to become sore/tender.

At least I know I'm squatting with the right muscles though, not pulling it up with my lower back anymore!

initiation party tonight, 10x3 tomorrow. Going to have to hold myself back if I want to finish these sets, but the weight goal is important enough to me that I think I can manage.
Advocado
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Denmark994 Posts
January 27 2012 23:11 GMT
#810
A guy came up and gave me some critique on the fact that I was bending my back on the deadlift.He then proceeded to be amazed by the fact that my max was deadlift 120 kg. He said 120 kg was at his max deadlift and he'd been lifting three years. Excellent physique and now Im wondering if the Starting Strength is the correct way.
http://www.twitch.tv/advocadosc2
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-27 23:22:09
January 27 2012 23:19 GMT
#811
I dont follow; why wouldnt it be the right way? because it made you stronger in a few months than some guy in three years?
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-27 23:34:08
January 27 2012 23:27 GMT
#812
On January 28 2012 08:19 Zafrumi wrote:
I dont follow; why wouldnt it be the right way? because it made you stronger in a few months than some guy in three years?


I think he's questioning more if strength is really his goal. Deadlifts are hard, if you can get an excellent physique by never lifting more than 120kg, why bother with it?

I think the answer is that it took that dude three years. There are faster ways - and lifting bigger weights is one of them. You don't have to stay on a strength routine forever, but it's certainly the right way to get down the fundamentals - compound lifts, listen to your body, diet and recovery, etc. etc. If your end goals aren't strength, switch later, but SS at the beginning (hence the "starting") will get you where your going easier than you would do otherwise.

On a random note: Did blood testing in my physiology lab today. Turns out I have ~11% more red cell density in my blood than the top of the "average" range for males my age. (avg 40-54%, I have 64.8% red cells by volume) tested it twice because the measure seemed so off. Estimated to have just over 1 kg of red blood cells by weight in my body, and almost 1400mL of oxygen carrying capacity at any given time.

BRB switching to endurance sports.
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
January 28 2012 00:00 GMT
#813
On January 28 2012 08:11 Advocado wrote:
A guy came up and gave me some critique on the fact that I was bending my back on the deadlift.He then proceeded to be amazed by the fact that my max was deadlift 120 kg. He said 120 kg was at his max deadlift and he'd been lifting three years. Excellent physique and now Im wondering if the Starting Strength is the correct way.


Decide on your goals. I do think doing heavy compound lifts is really good up until a certain point. You need you muscles to work together nicely, and give you that structure, which SS and heavy compound lifts do. But if you're going for aesthetics, yes your core will start to get bigger, your legs will be pretty massive compared to the guys in the magazines, your neck will be wide, etc. That said, even if you're going after a "good physique" you want to do those lifts until (arbitrary numbers): 100kg bench, 120kg squat, 150kg dead-lift. And that's pretty close to what a SS program over 4 month achieves for someone in 4 months, generally their squat will be a higher because it's stressed there so much.

+ Show Spoiler [Extreme Powerlifter Bodies] +
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]


Some people want that, being able to lift crazy weights and like looking like that, but if you're going more after:

+ Show Spoiler [Bodybuilding Bodies] +
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]


You need to reach a certain point in strength before you can reach any kind of physique, and once you become an intermediate, you can adjust your program towards building size, definition, specific muscles etc if that's what you're after. SS of course isn't the only way, but as much as I hate to say it, it is one of the best ways to give your body that structure.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-28 00:08:26
January 28 2012 00:08 GMT
#814
Squat: 135kgx5x7
BP: Doesn't matter.

I hate squats, didnt fail anything though. 1 more day of torture tomorrow. Fuck you Mr. Smolov.
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
January 28 2012 01:55 GMT
#815
On January 28 2012 05:36 Zafrumi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2012 21:25 AoN.DimSum wrote:
On January 27 2012 17:59 Drowsy wrote:
Any other oly lifters get some sick pain in their forearms from snatching? Holding the overhead position with a wide grip seems to have a strange effect on my forearms. For periods of 4-6 weeks they'll feel excruciating, then abruptly go away for 2 months and come back for another month. It doesn't happen at all cleaning or jerking. It's not wrist pain either, it's much lower on the forearm. NSAID+Ice doesn't have too much effectiveness either.


could it be from hook gripping? try straps to see if the pain goes away.

@ funkie my pull is terrible. its the weakest part of my lifting.

also i was kidding about that ab video. i just like posting the random exercises that i can find the chinese national team doing.



http://usoca.sportzcast.tv/(S(4ikfnzsdqspl23isi22r4sqh))/sportzcastplayer.aspx
live webcast junior usa nationals!


is that under 18? or 15?



Under 21
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-28 03:12:50
January 28 2012 02:55 GMT
#816
good session today, took some videos, they're uploading .

Video time! :D

+ Show Spoiler [Front Squat] +



+ Show Spoiler [Power Clean] +


+ Show Spoiler [Clean & Jerk] +


evaluate form and yes form form form!, thanks beforehand
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
January 28 2012 03:11 GMT
#817
Shitty day, drank for 13 hours yesterday.
Managed to snatch 110 and cj 135, i'm getting under the bar so much faster that i hardly need to pull the bar and its letting me get decent lifts on shitty days :D
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
January 28 2012 03:17 GMT
#818
videos are private funkie?
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
Necosarius
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Sweden4042 Posts
January 28 2012 04:57 GMT
#819
Funkie, you should probably try to extend yourself more when doing cleans. Don't want to commentate on anything else since I'm no expert whatsoever
Kamais Ookin
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada591 Posts
January 28 2012 05:29 GMT
#820
I'm 140lb~ and am wondering what is a respectable 3x5 bench press #?

Also, I peaked at 160lb bench on 5x5 so if I peak around the same weight on 3x5 does that mean I have muscle imbalances somewhere like shoulders or triceps for example? Are supplement exercises acceptable for the program or will it add too much stress to the muscles and not enough recovery?
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Kamais_Ookin Twitch account streaming fighting games and PC games, etc twitch.tv/kamais_ookin
Prev 1 39 40 41 42 43 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 219
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17716
Rain 1454
GuemChi 641
sSak 43
Bale 23
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm191
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1022
taco 462
minikerr37
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1021
Mew2King69
Other Games
summit1g7651
JimRising 637
WinterStarcraft579
C9.Mang0170
ViBE121
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1066
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream50
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Light_VIP 18
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo786
• Stunt277
Other Games
• Shiphtur744
• Scarra718
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
6h 13m
INu's Battles
7h 13m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
9h 13m
OSC
18h 28m
Replay Cast
19h 13m
OSC
1d 19h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.