• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:34
CEST 14:34
KST 21:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9026 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 358

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 356 357 358 359 360 379 Next
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
November 15 2012 18:15 GMT
#7141
Taking either Microbiology and Intro to Nutrition Science, or Molecular Genetics and "becoming a personal trainer" next semester. Either way I'm gonna rage hard, and have fun.
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-15 23:23:21
November 15 2012 23:22 GMT
#7142
Almost had a heart attack watching the kid next to me benching today.

He walked in as I was doing some warm up lifts and just instantly loads 135. So I'm like damn he's skinny but so am I so maybe he's got it in him. Gets under it and I'm just watching him (I've had to be a hero before if anyone remembers, though anyone who dies under 135 is probably liable to get broken by a strong gust of wind) as he lifts it off and sits there with arms fully extended. Like 10 seconds go by and I'm silently willing him to just set it back, but he's a stubborn bugger and goes for it. Just about all of us have lifted a weight that was just too heavy, I'm sure, so just about everyone knows that wobbly arm feeling as the weight is coming down and you're screaming in your head, "STABILIZE!!! STABILIIIIIZE!" (Maybe just me? That's what I'm usually doing on the rare occasion it's happened) Anyways, he gets it down about half way and brings it back up. Lesson learned. Just set it back. NOPE! ROUND 2! FIGHT!!! Starts bringing it down and it stalls halfway down and his arms are starting to make weird row motions. I'm about to just walk over and lift it off him, but he lifts it back up, sets it back and sits up with this far off look in his eyes. He got up and just left the gym lol.

I really wish I would have walked up to him and asked if he needed help, but I didn't want to be that guy. Looking back, I should have been that guy. No one likes being annoyed by that guy, but if I genuinely was lost and needed help I'd probably take the small moment of embarrassment for learning some stuff. I need a lifting partner, too T_T

Edit: Kid was probably a freshmen or sophomore... not an actual kid lol
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-15 23:52:09
November 15 2012 23:51 GMT
#7143
Oh yeah I forgot I had a gym story. Gym is pretty busy when I get there after work. Trying to get my workout done in a reasonable amount of time, supersetting. On my way the bench I glance over and three (scrawny) guys are standing around the uh, lumbar extension machine? The one guy is curling the back rest with his forearms trying to pull it back... I'm like, are you kidding me? hahahaha. So I walk over just as the student supervisor starts walking over. Clarified the use of the machine with a smile and a laugh it was all good. I come over later and ask what they're doing program wise. "oh just messing around, like seriously messing around, nothing crazy." Sheepish grins abound. I suggested starting strength or stronglifts and they nodded. I gave them some of my numbers and I think they were a tad more interested but who knows. You can only hope right xD
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
November 16 2012 00:30 GMT
#7144
I've done the first bit of what risen described once. But it wasn't fun and I just bailed cause it was so fail, and I was embarassed. At least I didnt try multiple times, and my weight was more reasonable.
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
November 16 2012 14:45 GMT
#7145
How long did you guys take to start pull 3 plates? I've been lifting for about 4 months now with some consistency. And having just finished my last 2 exams today really wanna go for those 3 plates as a bit of a milestone.
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
November 16 2012 14:56 GMT
#7146
Are 3 plates 3x20kg x 2 + 20kg = 140kg ?

Which lift? I am closing in on that but only DL.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-16 15:06:54
November 16 2012 15:06 GMT
#7147
yes, 3 plates are 140 kg (or 315 lbs).

and typically "pull" refers to deadlift, unless someone's an oly lifter, and only decaf is capable of cleaning 3plates here.

As far as the question, it really depends on your bodyweight and height, and how long you've been lifting.
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-16 15:19:29
November 16 2012 15:17 GMT
#7148
Yup 140kg deadlift. I kind of hope to be able to pull in about 2/3 months but have no idea if that is reasonable.
BW: 73kg
Height: 180
aka scrawny asian
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
November 16 2012 15:19 GMT
#7149
Right now three plates would be 2x BW for me as well. Really nice mile stone I am trying to crack 2 weeks from now (132 @ 70 BW right now).
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
November 16 2012 16:04 GMT
#7150
Yeah i'll feel like i've achieved something with 2x BW DL.

OT: What kind of gyms do you guys go to?
I go to anytime fitness 24hr
It's pretty commercial, 1 or 2 cages. No squat racks.
I feel like these guys are really close to giving me the boot. I make a lot of noise when i DL. The trainers always came out of the office to eyeball me a bit. I haven't been approached yet though =P
Flicky
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
England2675 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-16 16:38:01
November 16 2012 16:37 GMT
#7151
On November 16 2012 23:45 ShadeR wrote:
How long did you guys take to start pull 3 plates? I've been lifting for about 4 months now with some consistency. And having just finished my last 2 exams today really wanna go for those 3 plates as a bit of a milestone.


Did my first 3 plate Deadlift at about four months in. I don't know if I'm built for deadlift or what but I did (accidentally) do a really deadlift heavy routine for a while. That's just 1RM which I guess you're asking about.

I'm 130lb (60kg) btw.
Liquipedia"I was seriously looking for a black guy" - MrHoon
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
November 16 2012 16:50 GMT
#7152
Wow, quite impressive. Im just under that weight and wow... that isnt bad.
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
November 16 2012 16:57 GMT
#7153
Strong man =]
Watching videos of girls pulling more than me =P
+ Show Spoiler +
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-16 18:23:20
November 16 2012 18:23 GMT
#7154
On November 17 2012 01:37 Flicky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 16 2012 23:45 ShadeR wrote:
How long did you guys take to start pull 3 plates? I've been lifting for about 4 months now with some consistency. And having just finished my last 2 exams today really wanna go for those 3 plates as a bit of a milestone.


Did my first 3 plate Deadlift at about four months in. I don't know if I'm built for deadlift or what but I did (accidentally) do a really deadlift heavy routine for a while. That's just 1RM which I guess you're asking about.

I'm 130lb (60kg) btw.

Dang! I weighted 170 when I got 3 plate deadlift 1x5. That's also when I screwed up my SI joint though.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-16 18:28:06
November 16 2012 18:25 GMT
#7155
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
+ Show Spoiler +




Edit: Spoilered the video :S
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
November 16 2012 18:30 GMT
#7156
What the heck is the point of the mixed grip pull o.O Just bizarre. How can you move like that and not question what you are doing...
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Velocirapture
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States983 Posts
November 16 2012 19:06 GMT
#7157
At first I thought that video was a sketch comedy with foam weights or something. First I would have a horrified look on my face then I would hear the girls encourage each other and finally I busted out laughing lol.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
November 16 2012 19:10 GMT
#7158
On November 17 2012 03:30 mordek wrote:
What the heck is the point of the mixed grip pull o.O Just bizarre. How can you move like that and not question what you are doing...


The mixed grip is because it's an axle instead of an oly bar. It's too big to grip normally with a heavy weight, and the bar doesn't have any spin, so you can't do a normal clean with it. Instead, you do a continental clean, which is what you see in the video (although they're all pretty new/bad at it). It's a legitimate strongman lift.
theJob
Profile Joined October 2010
272 Posts
November 16 2012 19:16 GMT
#7159
What I'm seeing in the video is beautiful girls doing a lift that's ten times as manly than the exercises most of the curlmonkeys in my gym ever do.

Not perfect form, but still.
Winners train. Loosers complain.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
November 16 2012 19:19 GMT
#7160
On November 17 2012 04:16 theJob wrote:
What I'm seeing in the video is beautiful girls doing a lift that's ten times as manly than the exercises most of the curlmonkeys in my gym ever do.

Not perfect form, but still.


"Not perfect form" sounds like you think those girls are reading this and you want to get in their pants.

To be fair, I doubt it's their fault the form is shit, they were probably taught way wrong, since people were encouraging that shit.

But even then, you should be commenting on the horrible instructors, not calling it "not perfect form".
Prev 1 356 357 358 359 360 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 832
RotterdaM400
SteadfastSC165
TKL 156
Rex103
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 400
ByuN 254
SteadfastSC 165
TKL 156
Rex 103
Codebar 37
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33925
Shuttle 2020
Jaedong 811
Bisu 623
Horang2 576
Soulkey 477
Stork 299
Mini 298
Larva 243
actioN 240
[ Show more ]
BeSt 220
Soma 201
EffOrt 193
Mong 166
firebathero 158
Last 147
Rush 139
Snow 130
ZerO 121
Zeus 100
Free 80
910 77
Pusan 75
Mind 69
Hyun 65
PianO 55
Shinee 51
Sharp 45
Shine 44
hero 42
Yoon 42
JYJ 33
Sexy 33
Bale 26
sorry 25
Aegong 21
Hm[arnc] 20
HiyA 20
ToSsGirL 19
ZergMaN 13
yabsab 13
Sacsri 12
scan(afreeca) 11
Noble 10
Icarus 5
Terrorterran 2
Dota 2
Gorgc2562
Dendi961
canceldota70
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1263
edward6
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King212
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes446
Other Games
gofns58854
singsing2203
Lowko311
B2W.Neo231
DeMusliM201
hiko187
Pyrionflax175
Livibee147
QueenE45
Trikslyr30
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1030
Other Games
BasetradeTV177
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV444
League of Legends
• Jankos1261
Other Games
• Shiphtur585
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h 26m
The PondCast
21h 26m
INu's Battles
22h 26m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.