• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:15
CEST 07:15
KST 14:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6034 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 359

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 357 358 359 360 361 379 Next
theJob
Profile Joined October 2010
272 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-16 19:35:29
November 16 2012 19:33 GMT
#7161
On November 17 2012 04:19 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 17 2012 04:16 theJob wrote:
What I'm seeing in the video is beautiful girls doing a lift that's ten times as manly than the exercises most of the curlmonkeys in my gym ever do.

Not perfect form, but still.


"Not perfect form" sounds like you think those girls are reading this and you want to get in their pants.

To be fair, I doubt it's their fault the form is shit, they were probably taught way wrong, since people were encouraging that shit.

But even then, you should be commenting on the horrible instructors, not calling it "not perfect form".



To be perfectly honest the continental clean is such of an oddity of a lift that I probably couldn't tell a well executed one from a bad one and I highly doubt that a fraction of the people on this forum would either.
However, I would imagine that you or maybe others biggest grief with their execution would be the obviously odd "pause on the stomach"-part, when it in fact is supposed to be a clean in two separate stages with a pause on the stomach. So my guess is that while the lifts might seem comical to alot of people who haven't been exposed to this classic lift their form might actually not be as horrible as many thinks.

Edit: And the mere fact that they are doing this lift makes most guys in my gym look like metrosexual, pink kettlebell swinging faggots
Winners train. Loosers complain.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
November 16 2012 19:35 GMT
#7162
On November 17 2012 04:33 theJob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 17 2012 04:19 JingleHell wrote:
On November 17 2012 04:16 theJob wrote:
What I'm seeing in the video is beautiful girls doing a lift that's ten times as manly than the exercises most of the curlmonkeys in my gym ever do.

Not perfect form, but still.


"Not perfect form" sounds like you think those girls are reading this and you want to get in their pants.

To be fair, I doubt it's their fault the form is shit, they were probably taught way wrong, since people were encouraging that shit.

But even then, you should be commenting on the horrible instructors, not calling it "not perfect form".



To be perfectly honest the continental clean is such of an oddity of a lift that I probably couldn't tell a well executed one from a bad one and I highly doubt that a fraction of the people on this forum would either.
However, I would imagine that you or maybe others biggest grief with their execution would be the obviously odd "pause on the stomach"-part, when it in fact is supposed to be a clean in two separate stages with a pause on the stomach. So my guess is that while the lifts might seem comical to alot of people who haven't been exposed to this classic lift their form might actually not be as horrible as many thinks.


Actually, I'm judging purely off the part where most of them are doing the vastly exaggerated bend over backwards about to snap in half shit like they're fucking Gumby. The rest of the lift I have absolutely no idea about. But if you can honestly tell me that them almost falling over with their back curved 30 degrees backwards is safe, or within miles of good form, I'll retract my earlier statement.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-16 19:40:22
November 16 2012 19:38 GMT
#7163
On November 17 2012 04:10 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 17 2012 03:30 mordek wrote:
What the heck is the point of the mixed grip pull o.O Just bizarre. How can you move like that and not question what you are doing...


The mixed grip is because it's an axle instead of an oly bar. It's too big to grip normally with a heavy weight, and the bar doesn't have any spin, so you can't do a normal clean with it. Instead, you do a continental clean, which is what you see in the video (although they're all pretty new/bad at it). It's a legitimate strongman lift.

Thanks for pointing that out. I've never heard of it. First three videos showed double overhand grips though...

Also: http://www.acefitness.org/blog/2134/fitness-professionals-outraged-by-viral-video-from

And: http://www.usawa.com/continental-clean-and-jerk/ Sounds like you can do w/e you like to get it up to clean...
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
theJob
Profile Joined October 2010
272 Posts
November 16 2012 19:45 GMT
#7164
On November 17 2012 04:35 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 17 2012 04:33 theJob wrote:
On November 17 2012 04:19 JingleHell wrote:
On November 17 2012 04:16 theJob wrote:
What I'm seeing in the video is beautiful girls doing a lift that's ten times as manly than the exercises most of the curlmonkeys in my gym ever do.

Not perfect form, but still.


"Not perfect form" sounds like you think those girls are reading this and you want to get in their pants.

To be fair, I doubt it's their fault the form is shit, they were probably taught way wrong, since people were encouraging that shit.

But even then, you should be commenting on the horrible instructors, not calling it "not perfect form".



To be perfectly honest the continental clean is such of an oddity of a lift that I probably couldn't tell a well executed one from a bad one and I highly doubt that a fraction of the people on this forum would either.
However, I would imagine that you or maybe others biggest grief with their execution would be the obviously odd "pause on the stomach"-part, when it in fact is supposed to be a clean in two separate stages with a pause on the stomach. So my guess is that while the lifts might seem comical to alot of people who haven't been exposed to this classic lift their form might actually not be as horrible as many thinks.


Actually, I'm judging purely off the part where most of them are doing the vastly exaggerated bend over backwards about to snap in half shit like they're fucking Gumby. The rest of the lift I have absolutely no idea about. But if you can honestly tell me that them almost falling over with their back curved 30 degrees backwards is safe, or within miles of good form, I'll retract my earlier statement.



Never said anything about the continental clean being safe or not, with or without perfect form. I don't do them personally. But to be quite honest; most people give a free pass on poor(er) form on proper 1 RM PR attempts. Why be extra hard on these poor people? Especially considering they're obviously new to the exercise. I don't really care if you retract your statement or not considering you didn't even know it was a proper lift up until now.

So as I said before - not perfect form but kudos for doing them.
Winners train. Loosers complain.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
November 16 2012 19:47 GMT
#7165
On November 17 2012 04:45 theJob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 17 2012 04:35 JingleHell wrote:
On November 17 2012 04:33 theJob wrote:
On November 17 2012 04:19 JingleHell wrote:
On November 17 2012 04:16 theJob wrote:
What I'm seeing in the video is beautiful girls doing a lift that's ten times as manly than the exercises most of the curlmonkeys in my gym ever do.

Not perfect form, but still.


"Not perfect form" sounds like you think those girls are reading this and you want to get in their pants.

To be fair, I doubt it's their fault the form is shit, they were probably taught way wrong, since people were encouraging that shit.

But even then, you should be commenting on the horrible instructors, not calling it "not perfect form".



To be perfectly honest the continental clean is such of an oddity of a lift that I probably couldn't tell a well executed one from a bad one and I highly doubt that a fraction of the people on this forum would either.
However, I would imagine that you or maybe others biggest grief with their execution would be the obviously odd "pause on the stomach"-part, when it in fact is supposed to be a clean in two separate stages with a pause on the stomach. So my guess is that while the lifts might seem comical to alot of people who haven't been exposed to this classic lift their form might actually not be as horrible as many thinks.


Actually, I'm judging purely off the part where most of them are doing the vastly exaggerated bend over backwards about to snap in half shit like they're fucking Gumby. The rest of the lift I have absolutely no idea about. But if you can honestly tell me that them almost falling over with their back curved 30 degrees backwards is safe, or within miles of good form, I'll retract my earlier statement.



Never said anything about the continental clean being safe or not, with or without perfect form. I don't do them personally. But to be quite honest; most people give a free pass on poor(er) form on proper 1 RM PR attempts. Why be extra hard on these poor people? Especially considering they're obviously new to the exercise. I don't really care if you retract your statement or not considering you didn't even know it was a proper lift up until now.

So as I said before - not perfect form but kudos for doing them.


I think you're confusing at least two of us, I was operating under the assumption it was a proper lift, just being done in a way that looked dangerous.
theJob
Profile Joined October 2010
272 Posts
November 16 2012 19:55 GMT
#7166
On November 17 2012 04:47 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 17 2012 04:45 theJob wrote:
On November 17 2012 04:35 JingleHell wrote:
On November 17 2012 04:33 theJob wrote:
On November 17 2012 04:19 JingleHell wrote:
On November 17 2012 04:16 theJob wrote:
What I'm seeing in the video is beautiful girls doing a lift that's ten times as manly than the exercises most of the curlmonkeys in my gym ever do.

Not perfect form, but still.


"Not perfect form" sounds like you think those girls are reading this and you want to get in their pants.

To be fair, I doubt it's their fault the form is shit, they were probably taught way wrong, since people were encouraging that shit.

But even then, you should be commenting on the horrible instructors, not calling it "not perfect form".



To be perfectly honest the continental clean is such of an oddity of a lift that I probably couldn't tell a well executed one from a bad one and I highly doubt that a fraction of the people on this forum would either.
However, I would imagine that you or maybe others biggest grief with their execution would be the obviously odd "pause on the stomach"-part, when it in fact is supposed to be a clean in two separate stages with a pause on the stomach. So my guess is that while the lifts might seem comical to alot of people who haven't been exposed to this classic lift their form might actually not be as horrible as many thinks.


Actually, I'm judging purely off the part where most of them are doing the vastly exaggerated bend over backwards about to snap in half shit like they're fucking Gumby. The rest of the lift I have absolutely no idea about. But if you can honestly tell me that them almost falling over with their back curved 30 degrees backwards is safe, or within miles of good form, I'll retract my earlier statement.



Never said anything about the continental clean being safe or not, with or without perfect form. I don't do them personally. But to be quite honest; most people give a free pass on poor(er) form on proper 1 RM PR attempts. Why be extra hard on these poor people? Especially considering they're obviously new to the exercise. I don't really care if you retract your statement or not considering you didn't even know it was a proper lift up until now.

So as I said before - not perfect form but kudos for doing them.


I think you're confusing at least two of us, I was operating under the assumption it was a proper lift, just being done in a way that looked dangerous.


Only thing I'm confused about is how can you tell that I'm not being critical enough of their technique while you're not even aware of what the proper form would look like?
Winners train. Loosers complain.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
November 16 2012 20:12 GMT
#7167
On November 17 2012 04:55 theJob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 17 2012 04:47 JingleHell wrote:
On November 17 2012 04:45 theJob wrote:
On November 17 2012 04:35 JingleHell wrote:
On November 17 2012 04:33 theJob wrote:
On November 17 2012 04:19 JingleHell wrote:
On November 17 2012 04:16 theJob wrote:
What I'm seeing in the video is beautiful girls doing a lift that's ten times as manly than the exercises most of the curlmonkeys in my gym ever do.

Not perfect form, but still.


"Not perfect form" sounds like you think those girls are reading this and you want to get in their pants.

To be fair, I doubt it's their fault the form is shit, they were probably taught way wrong, since people were encouraging that shit.

But even then, you should be commenting on the horrible instructors, not calling it "not perfect form".



To be perfectly honest the continental clean is such of an oddity of a lift that I probably couldn't tell a well executed one from a bad one and I highly doubt that a fraction of the people on this forum would either.
However, I would imagine that you or maybe others biggest grief with their execution would be the obviously odd "pause on the stomach"-part, when it in fact is supposed to be a clean in two separate stages with a pause on the stomach. So my guess is that while the lifts might seem comical to alot of people who haven't been exposed to this classic lift their form might actually not be as horrible as many thinks.


Actually, I'm judging purely off the part where most of them are doing the vastly exaggerated bend over backwards about to snap in half shit like they're fucking Gumby. The rest of the lift I have absolutely no idea about. But if you can honestly tell me that them almost falling over with their back curved 30 degrees backwards is safe, or within miles of good form, I'll retract my earlier statement.



Never said anything about the continental clean being safe or not, with or without perfect form. I don't do them personally. But to be quite honest; most people give a free pass on poor(er) form on proper 1 RM PR attempts. Why be extra hard on these poor people? Especially considering they're obviously new to the exercise. I don't really care if you retract your statement or not considering you didn't even know it was a proper lift up until now.

So as I said before - not perfect form but kudos for doing them.


I think you're confusing at least two of us, I was operating under the assumption it was a proper lift, just being done in a way that looked dangerous.


Only thing I'm confused about is how can you tell that I'm not being critical enough of their technique while you're not even aware of what the proper form would look like?


Because I operate under the assumption that a properly performed lift doesn't make me want to start popping painkillers just from watching it.
theJob
Profile Joined October 2010
272 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-16 20:17:29
November 16 2012 20:17 GMT
#7168
On November 17 2012 05:12 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 17 2012 04:55 theJob wrote:
On November 17 2012 04:47 JingleHell wrote:
On November 17 2012 04:45 theJob wrote:
On November 17 2012 04:35 JingleHell wrote:
On November 17 2012 04:33 theJob wrote:
On November 17 2012 04:19 JingleHell wrote:
On November 17 2012 04:16 theJob wrote:
What I'm seeing in the video is beautiful girls doing a lift that's ten times as manly than the exercises most of the curlmonkeys in my gym ever do.

Not perfect form, but still.


"Not perfect form" sounds like you think those girls are reading this and you want to get in their pants.

To be fair, I doubt it's their fault the form is shit, they were probably taught way wrong, since people were encouraging that shit.

But even then, you should be commenting on the horrible instructors, not calling it "not perfect form".



To be perfectly honest the continental clean is such of an oddity of a lift that I probably couldn't tell a well executed one from a bad one and I highly doubt that a fraction of the people on this forum would either.
However, I would imagine that you or maybe others biggest grief with their execution would be the obviously odd "pause on the stomach"-part, when it in fact is supposed to be a clean in two separate stages with a pause on the stomach. So my guess is that while the lifts might seem comical to alot of people who haven't been exposed to this classic lift their form might actually not be as horrible as many thinks.


Actually, I'm judging purely off the part where most of them are doing the vastly exaggerated bend over backwards about to snap in half shit like they're fucking Gumby. The rest of the lift I have absolutely no idea about. But if you can honestly tell me that them almost falling over with their back curved 30 degrees backwards is safe, or within miles of good form, I'll retract my earlier statement.



Never said anything about the continental clean being safe or not, with or without perfect form. I don't do them personally. But to be quite honest; most people give a free pass on poor(er) form on proper 1 RM PR attempts. Why be extra hard on these poor people? Especially considering they're obviously new to the exercise. I don't really care if you retract your statement or not considering you didn't even know it was a proper lift up until now.

So as I said before - not perfect form but kudos for doing them.


I think you're confusing at least two of us, I was operating under the assumption it was a proper lift, just being done in a way that looked dangerous.


Only thing I'm confused about is how can you tell that I'm not being critical enough of their technique while you're not even aware of what the proper form would look like?


Because I operate under the assumption that a properly performed lift doesn't make me want to start popping painkillers just from watching it.


Well, they have to to lean back for the bar to settle on their stomach as is done in the continental c&j. If this gives you nightmares maybe you shouldn't be watching youtube-clips without a parent.
Winners train. Loosers complain.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
November 16 2012 20:20 GMT
#7169
On November 17 2012 05:17 theJob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 17 2012 05:12 JingleHell wrote:
On November 17 2012 04:55 theJob wrote:
On November 17 2012 04:47 JingleHell wrote:
On November 17 2012 04:45 theJob wrote:
On November 17 2012 04:35 JingleHell wrote:
On November 17 2012 04:33 theJob wrote:
On November 17 2012 04:19 JingleHell wrote:
On November 17 2012 04:16 theJob wrote:
What I'm seeing in the video is beautiful girls doing a lift that's ten times as manly than the exercises most of the curlmonkeys in my gym ever do.

Not perfect form, but still.


"Not perfect form" sounds like you think those girls are reading this and you want to get in their pants.

To be fair, I doubt it's their fault the form is shit, they were probably taught way wrong, since people were encouraging that shit.

But even then, you should be commenting on the horrible instructors, not calling it "not perfect form".



To be perfectly honest the continental clean is such of an oddity of a lift that I probably couldn't tell a well executed one from a bad one and I highly doubt that a fraction of the people on this forum would either.
However, I would imagine that you or maybe others biggest grief with their execution would be the obviously odd "pause on the stomach"-part, when it in fact is supposed to be a clean in two separate stages with a pause on the stomach. So my guess is that while the lifts might seem comical to alot of people who haven't been exposed to this classic lift their form might actually not be as horrible as many thinks.


Actually, I'm judging purely off the part where most of them are doing the vastly exaggerated bend over backwards about to snap in half shit like they're fucking Gumby. The rest of the lift I have absolutely no idea about. But if you can honestly tell me that them almost falling over with their back curved 30 degrees backwards is safe, or within miles of good form, I'll retract my earlier statement.



Never said anything about the continental clean being safe or not, with or without perfect form. I don't do them personally. But to be quite honest; most people give a free pass on poor(er) form on proper 1 RM PR attempts. Why be extra hard on these poor people? Especially considering they're obviously new to the exercise. I don't really care if you retract your statement or not considering you didn't even know it was a proper lift up until now.

So as I said before - not perfect form but kudos for doing them.


I think you're confusing at least two of us, I was operating under the assumption it was a proper lift, just being done in a way that looked dangerous.


Only thing I'm confused about is how can you tell that I'm not being critical enough of their technique while you're not even aware of what the proper form would look like?


Because I operate under the assumption that a properly performed lift doesn't make me want to start popping painkillers just from watching it.


Well, they have to to lean back for the bar to settle on their stomach as is done in the continental c&j. If this gives you nightmares maybe you shouldn't be watching youtube-clips without a parent.


Aww, how cute, ad homs. I'll take that as you conceding the point.

Here's a video of someone doing it in a way that doesn't look painful.



Do you see a difference? I sure as hell do, and since I'm not perfect like you, you should definitely be able to tell.
theJob
Profile Joined October 2010
272 Posts
November 16 2012 20:32 GMT
#7170
On November 17 2012 05:20 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 17 2012 05:17 theJob wrote:
On November 17 2012 05:12 JingleHell wrote:
On November 17 2012 04:55 theJob wrote:
On November 17 2012 04:47 JingleHell wrote:
On November 17 2012 04:45 theJob wrote:
On November 17 2012 04:35 JingleHell wrote:
On November 17 2012 04:33 theJob wrote:
On November 17 2012 04:19 JingleHell wrote:
On November 17 2012 04:16 theJob wrote:
What I'm seeing in the video is beautiful girls doing a lift that's ten times as manly than the exercises most of the curlmonkeys in my gym ever do.

Not perfect form, but still.


"Not perfect form" sounds like you think those girls are reading this and you want to get in their pants.

To be fair, I doubt it's their fault the form is shit, they were probably taught way wrong, since people were encouraging that shit.

But even then, you should be commenting on the horrible instructors, not calling it "not perfect form".



To be perfectly honest the continental clean is such of an oddity of a lift that I probably couldn't tell a well executed one from a bad one and I highly doubt that a fraction of the people on this forum would either.
However, I would imagine that you or maybe others biggest grief with their execution would be the obviously odd "pause on the stomach"-part, when it in fact is supposed to be a clean in two separate stages with a pause on the stomach. So my guess is that while the lifts might seem comical to alot of people who haven't been exposed to this classic lift their form might actually not be as horrible as many thinks.


Actually, I'm judging purely off the part where most of them are doing the vastly exaggerated bend over backwards about to snap in half shit like they're fucking Gumby. The rest of the lift I have absolutely no idea about. But if you can honestly tell me that them almost falling over with their back curved 30 degrees backwards is safe, or within miles of good form, I'll retract my earlier statement.



Never said anything about the continental clean being safe or not, with or without perfect form. I don't do them personally. But to be quite honest; most people give a free pass on poor(er) form on proper 1 RM PR attempts. Why be extra hard on these poor people? Especially considering they're obviously new to the exercise. I don't really care if you retract your statement or not considering you didn't even know it was a proper lift up until now.

So as I said before - not perfect form but kudos for doing them.


I think you're confusing at least two of us, I was operating under the assumption it was a proper lift, just being done in a way that looked dangerous.


Only thing I'm confused about is how can you tell that I'm not being critical enough of their technique while you're not even aware of what the proper form would look like?


Because I operate under the assumption that a properly performed lift doesn't make me want to start popping painkillers just from watching it.


Well, they have to to lean back for the bar to settle on their stomach as is done in the continental c&j. If this gives you nightmares maybe you shouldn't be watching youtube-clips without a parent.


Aww, how cute, ad homs. I'll take that as you conceding the point.


"sounds like you think those girls are reading this and you want to get in their pants."

Start a discussion like this and you might get salty replies.

On November 17 2012 05:20 JingleHell wrote:

Here's a video of someone doing it in a way that doesn't look painful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40Ase9PMuyI

Do you see a difference? I sure as hell do, and since I'm not perfect like you, you should definitely be able to tell.


The video you are linking to is proving my point. This guy also leans back to steady the bar on his stomach.

Are you telling me that you, who up til now wasn't even aware of the existence of this lift, can tell me off for not being critical enough about the angle of the torso of the people on the video in an exercise where backwards leaning is a must?

I'm sorry but you are full of it and your answers are attempts to save face at this point. You have obvioulsy not the experience and, I'm guessing, not the credentials to tell wether or not these people are performing the continental C&J with a proper back angle, even less so are you qualified to come off with a f:in attitude towards me when I say "they dont have perfect form" and tell me that I'm not being critical enough of the back angle of the people performing an exercise that you've never seen before.
Winners train. Loosers complain.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
November 16 2012 20:35 GMT
#7171
Take it to PMs guys. Personally ill never understand the appeal of the continental clean.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
November 16 2012 21:05 GMT
#7172
Apparently it's a proper lift, but it sure looks ridiculous.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
November 16 2012 21:06 GMT
#7173
Well I for one learned something today! :D
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
November 16 2012 21:54 GMT
#7174
Really need to get my back squat numbers up. front/back 1RMs are at 245/285 now
Official Entusman #21
Ahzz
Profile Joined May 2007
Finland780 Posts
November 16 2012 21:55 GMT
#7175
I was at an army rehearsal. I visited Finnish special forces gym.
NOT surprsingily, they didn't have any retarded machines, and pretty much only free weights.
Gee, I wonder why?
I had extra time, so I went ahead and broke my squat record. was happy.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
November 16 2012 22:05 GMT
#7176
On November 17 2012 04:35 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 17 2012 04:33 theJob wrote:
On November 17 2012 04:19 JingleHell wrote:
On November 17 2012 04:16 theJob wrote:
What I'm seeing in the video is beautiful girls doing a lift that's ten times as manly than the exercises most of the curlmonkeys in my gym ever do.

Not perfect form, but still.


"Not perfect form" sounds like you think those girls are reading this and you want to get in their pants.

To be fair, I doubt it's their fault the form is shit, they were probably taught way wrong, since people were encouraging that shit.

But even then, you should be commenting on the horrible instructors, not calling it "not perfect form".



To be perfectly honest the continental clean is such of an oddity of a lift that I probably couldn't tell a well executed one from a bad one and I highly doubt that a fraction of the people on this forum would either.
However, I would imagine that you or maybe others biggest grief with their execution would be the obviously odd "pause on the stomach"-part, when it in fact is supposed to be a clean in two separate stages with a pause on the stomach. So my guess is that while the lifts might seem comical to alot of people who haven't been exposed to this classic lift their form might actually not be as horrible as many thinks.


Actually, I'm judging purely off the part where most of them are doing the vastly exaggerated bend over backwards about to snap in half shit like they're fucking Gumby. The rest of the lift I have absolutely no idea about. But if you can honestly tell me that them almost falling over with their back curved 30 degrees backwards is safe, or within miles of good form, I'll retract my earlier statement.




There's a video of a professional doing the lift. It looks like it's done more with the bar resting on your hips than your stomach, so since there's not actually any weight on your back, you can lean back as far as you want. The problem then with how people are doing it in the video would be how high they're resting it.

I've never actually done a continental clean though, all my experience with it is through videos, because I like watching strongman stuff, and because videos similar to that one have been posted in threads here a half dozen times. Sjarl has done them though, perhaps he could weigh in.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
November 16 2012 22:16 GMT
#7177
On November 17 2012 07:05 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 17 2012 04:35 JingleHell wrote:
On November 17 2012 04:33 theJob wrote:
On November 17 2012 04:19 JingleHell wrote:
On November 17 2012 04:16 theJob wrote:
What I'm seeing in the video is beautiful girls doing a lift that's ten times as manly than the exercises most of the curlmonkeys in my gym ever do.

Not perfect form, but still.


"Not perfect form" sounds like you think those girls are reading this and you want to get in their pants.

To be fair, I doubt it's their fault the form is shit, they were probably taught way wrong, since people were encouraging that shit.

But even then, you should be commenting on the horrible instructors, not calling it "not perfect form".



To be perfectly honest the continental clean is such of an oddity of a lift that I probably couldn't tell a well executed one from a bad one and I highly doubt that a fraction of the people on this forum would either.
However, I would imagine that you or maybe others biggest grief with their execution would be the obviously odd "pause on the stomach"-part, when it in fact is supposed to be a clean in two separate stages with a pause on the stomach. So my guess is that while the lifts might seem comical to alot of people who haven't been exposed to this classic lift their form might actually not be as horrible as many thinks.


Actually, I'm judging purely off the part where most of them are doing the vastly exaggerated bend over backwards about to snap in half shit like they're fucking Gumby. The rest of the lift I have absolutely no idea about. But if you can honestly tell me that them almost falling over with their back curved 30 degrees backwards is safe, or within miles of good form, I'll retract my earlier statement.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfB6kLcNpcQ

There's a video of a professional doing the lift. It looks like it's done more with the bar resting on your hips than your stomach, so since there's not actually any weight on your back, you can lean back as far as you want. The problem then with how people are doing it in the video would be how high they're resting it.

I've never actually done a continental clean though, all my experience with it is through videos, because I like watching strongman stuff, and because videos similar to that one have been posted in threads here a half dozen times. Sjarl has done them though, perhaps he could weigh in.


That was kind of my concern. It's not like everyone in that video did it terrifying, but there were a couple in particular where I was torn between fear for their health and impressed they stayed on their feet.
mcmartini
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Australia1972 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-16 23:26:53
November 16 2012 23:18 GMT
#7178
101.3kg this morning. I will make sub 100kg by dec 10 when I head to Canada. photos etc incoming (though honestly I see little difference visually) my Pants hang off and feeling heaps better

Edit: Was about 112kg beginning of October
I just want to say I have 370 APM - Liquid'Tyler SotG 14-12-2011 "I mean it's too bad you can't be paid to be, you know, a chicken shit fucking whiny bitch on the internet or we would have lots of rich community members" Nick "Tasteless" Plott
Snuggles
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1865 Posts
November 16 2012 23:30 GMT
#7179
Got out of the gym, did some errands, and got myself some chicken nuggets after fasting all day from McDonalds because I couldn't resist... Now I'm struggling to stay awake.. why do I do this to myself =_=.
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
November 16 2012 23:55 GMT
#7180
Im done of 5/3/1 BBB all except the last deload week. I kinda wanna skip it cause its boring and jump into a new program. Is this bad? Should I not do this lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
Prev 1 357 358 359 360 361 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 98
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2449
GuemChi 709
Leta 156
Snow 110
Terrorterran 72
Bale 30
Noble 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Icarus 9
Dota 2
febbydoto17
League of Legends
JimRising 631
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King62
Other Games
summit1g6720
WinterStarcraft354
C9.Mang0276
Sick142
ViBE88
Trikslyr32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick568
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 111
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki15
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2147
League of Legends
• Lourlo1306
• Stunt413
Other Games
• Shiphtur394
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
5h 45m
Patches Events
10h 45m
The PondCast
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.