• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:22
CEST 19:22
KST 02:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8346 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 356

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 354 355 356 357 358 379 Next
Necosarius
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Sweden4042 Posts
November 06 2012 02:17 GMT
#7101
On November 06 2012 08:24 sJarl wrote:
Bougth a new foam roller.

Oh the glorious, delicious pain.

Aw man, I want a foam roller as well but I don't know where to buy one in Sweden. I want some glorious, delicious pain as well
GuiltyJerk
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States584 Posts
November 06 2012 03:32 GMT
#7102
On November 06 2012 10:58 autoexec wrote:
I just finished my (American) football season this past week. The team doesn't start lifting and conditioning workouts till January but I am looking to start working out before then. I have no access to weights or a gym until then (except for a pull up bar in my room). Could you guys suggest some things that I could do on my own to start working towards getting stronger and faster? Or is this the forum for this?
Thanks in advance!

Edit: Also is there any exercise in particular that works the chest a lot? It seems like that is what is holding me back from getting better bench press lifts so I would like to work on that before January.



Without weights it's gonna be tough, but you could head on over to the Bodyweight Training Thread and see what you can do there, gonna be hard to improve your bench without being able to bench though
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
November 06 2012 05:47 GMT
#7103
On November 06 2012 11:17 Necosarius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2012 08:24 sJarl wrote:
Bougth a new foam roller.

Oh the glorious, delicious pain.

Aw man, I want a foam roller as well but I don't know where to buy one in Sweden. I want some glorious, delicious pain as well

PVC pipes and lacrosse balls. Oh the lacross balls..
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
November 06 2012 09:00 GMT
#7104
On November 06 2012 09:29 hazelynut wrote:
I think the only negative change is that I count calories too much and mention it in conversations, makes me a pretty boring dinner-mate. Finding healthy food to eat when I'm lazier than usual is also tough.

I've felt all your feels, especially the one about talking about calories :p Bored all my friends to death for a while there.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-06 09:51:15
November 06 2012 09:45 GMT
#7105
On November 06 2012 18:00 Osmoses wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2012 09:29 hazelynut wrote:
I think the only negative change is that I count calories too much and mention it in conversations, makes me a pretty boring dinner-mate. Finding healthy food to eat when I'm lazier than usual is also tough.

I've felt all your feels, especially the one about talking about calories :p Bored all my friends to death for a while there.


I find that the boring dinner conversation is typically solved by a manhattan - but yes, everyone gets into a trap where they talk about calories and unhealthy average americans eat. At least you're excited about something though, I'd rather be "that health food guy" than talk about the weather for half an hour.

Right now I'm not exactly eating healthy anyway, because I can't afford it. I'm even eating pasta and pizza again, because otherwise I would be eating nothing.

@hazelynut keep on working. Plan is set just right for your goals. Make sure your pictures get to the progress pics thread!

@foam roll discussion: Also Softballs and golf balls for varying levels of resistance. I like a softball for my upper back, or for other areas when I'm not looking for delicious pain. It's more a relaxing massage. Also try rolling your piriformis with a golfball and you will know what pain is.

@Gotunk what do you mean nose bleed after deadlifts?
Daigomi
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
South Africa4316 Posts
November 06 2012 09:46 GMT
#7106
On November 06 2012 09:29 hazelynut wrote:
So I've had stints of trying to be fit for like... a couple weeks at a time throughout college (see TL Health and Fitness 2011, and maybe 2010, where I make one post and leave). I'd usually give up when exams roll around and ever since dating this new guy in New York, I'd drink and eat too much and too well. Was starting to notice some flab and decided to do something about it.

I've finally stuck to a plan (56 days now!!) and I think I see results. It's kind of hard to tell because I began as a "clothes skinny" person. I look reasonable with clothes and look OK without, just extra flab on stomach and thighs. After about a month, I didn't really notice any change in the mirror except for more muscular thighs and calves (which is .... uh... okay I guess, better than flab) and I actually weighed more than ever. It was a little disheartening until I wore my jeans and noticed they were loose 1-2 inches. These were jeans that I was afraid of not being able to wear after accidentally putting them in a dryer and also after a summer eating in NY.

Took some before pictures in September and I plan to take an after picture at the end of November, when I go to IPL and proudly wear whatever I want. Will probably post both of those at the same time to (hopefully) show the most dramatic change. I'm pretty excited for it and it helps to have a goal in mind so I don't slack now that I know this is working I'm aiming to try to get Korean pop-star fitness, except healthier and more toned (think Yuri instead of Jessica!)

Plan includes:

  • eating at a 500 calorie deficit, and eating healthy things I cook myself (I average 250 because I eat out so much Dx)
  • keeping a food diary
  • running 3-4 times a week, been running 3 miles and now pushing it up to 4
  • pilates (www.blogilates.com), only discovered this recently! before that I was just doing like 30 crunches and calling it a day lol
  • only going out for dinner once a week ... this doesn't work out very well because my Saturdays/Sundays turn into fun days
  • drink lots of water whenever I can


I'd be lying if I said I was feeling better than I ever before. I still have bad sleeping habits and I've always been "fit enough" to not have this increased state of fitness show much effect on my life. But I have SO MUCH more confidence and happiness about self-image, and now I know what it means to work really hard until you think you're going to drop dead (used to just do enough exercise to be "tired" and call it a day). This plan, unlike previous ones, is really maintainable too because I don't feel like I'm making many sacrifices -- I'm just working harder. Nights out just mean working harder during the week (Hi Zatic).

I think the only negative change is that I count calories too much and mention it in conversations, makes me a pretty boring dinner-mate. Finding healthy food to eat when I'm lazier than usual is also tough.

TLDR; being fit and working harder than before, finally see results! will post before and after at the end of November-- this whole post isn't really relevant to all you power-lifting dudes, but just wanted to share, cheer and be merry with y'all! wheeeee

Haha, you'd be surprised how similar your situation is to those of the powerlifters. I counted calories for the first 8 months of lifting and only stopped counting because I got fairly good at knowing how much I was eating. I also bored everyone around me talking about it Other things like the dedication needed and the difficulty working consistently are also the same. The only way it differs is that it's probably a bit easier to see progress when powerlifting (your lifts go up) which makes it a bit easier to stay motivated.
Moderator
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
November 06 2012 09:57 GMT
#7107
On November 06 2012 10:58 autoexec wrote:
I just finished my (American) football season this past week. The team doesn't start lifting and conditioning workouts till January but I am looking to start working out before then. I have no access to weights or a gym until then (except for a pull up bar in my room). Could you guys suggest some things that I could do on my own to start working towards getting stronger and faster? Or is this the forum for this?
Thanks in advance!

Edit: Also is there any exercise in particular that works the chest a lot? It seems like that is what is holding me back from getting better bench press lifts so I would like to work on that before January.


As recommended, if you don't have access to a gym, you're going to want to check out the bodyweight thread - but that's not a "real" football workout. For football you want to get big strong legs and core - squats, deadlifts, and related exercises are your best friends. Your bench honestly doesn't matter much unless you're a lineman. It's unfortunate that you can't start any of that now. In the mean time, work on your running - become a faster sprinter. Work on your jumping if you can. Work on technique and watch game film. Learn to tackle better - you can ALWAYS learn to tackle better.

Bench is half about form. Check out the youtube series of videos "So you think you can bench" because Dave Tate has forgotten more about the bench than you will ever know. The other half is shoulders, chest, triceps (and back to get your out from the bottom) and unsurprisingly the best ways to work on those are benching and overhead pressing, which you can't do right now. Work towards handstand pushups I guess - those are a hell of a lot more impressive than a bench (and probably more functional for football) anyway.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
November 06 2012 13:45 GMT
#7108
On November 06 2012 18:45 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2012 18:00 Osmoses wrote:
On November 06 2012 09:29 hazelynut wrote:
I think the only negative change is that I count calories too much and mention it in conversations, makes me a pretty boring dinner-mate. Finding healthy food to eat when I'm lazier than usual is also tough.

I've felt all your feels, especially the one about talking about calories :p Bored all my friends to death for a while there.


I find that the boring dinner conversation is typically solved by a manhattan - but yes, everyone gets into a trap where they talk about calories and unhealthy average americans eat. At least you're excited about something though, I'd rather be "that health food guy" than talk about the weather for half an hour.

Right now I'm not exactly eating healthy anyway, because I can't afford it. I'm even eating pasta and pizza again, because otherwise I would be eating nothing.

@hazelynut keep on working. Plan is set just right for your goals. Make sure your pictures get to the progress pics thread!

@foam roll discussion: Also Softballs and golf balls for varying levels of resistance. I like a softball for my upper back, or for other areas when I'm not looking for delicious pain. It's more a relaxing massage. Also try rolling your piriformis with a golfball and you will know what pain is.

@Gotunk what do you mean nose bleed after deadlifts?


funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
November 06 2012 13:59 GMT
#7109
On November 06 2012 09:29 hazelynut wrote:
So I've had stints of trying to be fit for like... a couple weeks at a time throughout college (see TL Health and Fitness 2011, and maybe 2010, where I make one post and leave). I'd usually give up when exams roll around and ever since dating this new guy in New York, I'd drink and eat too much and too well. Was starting to notice some flab and decided to do something about it.

I've finally stuck to a plan (56 days now!!) and I think I see results. It's kind of hard to tell because I began as a "clothes skinny" person. I look reasonable with clothes and look OK without, just extra flab on stomach and thighs. After about a month, I didn't really notice any change in the mirror except for more muscular thighs and calves (which is .... uh... okay I guess, better than flab) and I actually weighed more than ever. It was a little disheartening until I wore my jeans and noticed they were loose 1-2 inches. These were jeans that I was afraid of not being able to wear after accidentally putting them in a dryer and also after a summer eating in NY.

Took some before pictures in September and I plan to take an after picture at the end of November, when I go to IPL and proudly wear whatever I want. Will probably post both of those at the same time to (hopefully) show the most dramatic change. I'm pretty excited for it and it helps to have a goal in mind so I don't slack now that I know this is working I'm aiming to try to get Korean pop-star fitness, except healthier and more toned (think Yuri instead of Jessica!)

Plan includes:

  • eating at a 500 calorie deficit, and eating healthy things I cook myself (I average 250 because I eat out so much Dx)
  • keeping a food diary
  • running 3-4 times a week, been running 3 miles and now pushing it up to 4
  • pilates (www.blogilates.com), only discovered this recently! before that I was just doing like 30 crunches and calling it a day lol
  • only going out for dinner once a week ... this doesn't work out very well because my Saturdays/Sundays turn into fun days
  • drink lots of water whenever I can


I'd be lying if I said I was feeling better than I ever before. I still have bad sleeping habits and I've always been "fit enough" to not have this increased state of fitness show much effect on my life. But I have SO MUCH more confidence and happiness about self-image, and now I know what it means to work really hard until you think you're going to drop dead (used to just do enough exercise to be "tired" and call it a day). This plan, unlike previous ones, is really maintainable too because I don't feel like I'm making many sacrifices -- I'm just working harder. Nights out just mean working harder during the week (Hi Zatic).

I think the only negative change is that I count calories too much and mention it in conversations, makes me a pretty boring dinner-mate. Finding healthy food to eat when I'm lazier than usual is also tough.

TLDR; being fit and working harder than before, finally see results! will post before and after at the end of November-- this whole post isn't really relevant to all you power-lifting dudes, but just wanted to share, cheer and be merry with y'all! wheeeee


Uh really good post, not all the time we get a female poster.

Props on staying focused and happy, that's exactly what this is about, keeping each other up and always giving advice to help others.

in other words, I suck right now.

Haven't been to the gym in days. I dont' know what wrongs, I think I need a challenge, I'll do the Coan Philippi routine (thx nazarene ;D) and see how that goes.


CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-06 15:14:57
November 06 2012 15:12 GMT
#7110
On November 06 2012 22:59 funkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2012 09:29 hazelynut wrote:
So I've had stints of trying to be fit for like... a couple weeks at a time throughout college (see TL Health and Fitness 2011, and maybe 2010, where I make one post and leave). I'd usually give up when exams roll around and ever since dating this new guy in New York, I'd drink and eat too much and too well. Was starting to notice some flab and decided to do something about it.

I've finally stuck to a plan (56 days now!!) and I think I see results. It's kind of hard to tell because I began as a "clothes skinny" person. I look reasonable with clothes and look OK without, just extra flab on stomach and thighs. After about a month, I didn't really notice any change in the mirror except for more muscular thighs and calves (which is .... uh... okay I guess, better than flab) and I actually weighed more than ever. It was a little disheartening until I wore my jeans and noticed they were loose 1-2 inches. These were jeans that I was afraid of not being able to wear after accidentally putting them in a dryer and also after a summer eating in NY.

Took some before pictures in September and I plan to take an after picture at the end of November, when I go to IPL and proudly wear whatever I want. Will probably post both of those at the same time to (hopefully) show the most dramatic change. I'm pretty excited for it and it helps to have a goal in mind so I don't slack now that I know this is working I'm aiming to try to get Korean pop-star fitness, except healthier and more toned (think Yuri instead of Jessica!)

Plan includes:

  • eating at a 500 calorie deficit, and eating healthy things I cook myself (I average 250 because I eat out so much Dx)
  • keeping a food diary
  • running 3-4 times a week, been running 3 miles and now pushing it up to 4
  • pilates (www.blogilates.com), only discovered this recently! before that I was just doing like 30 crunches and calling it a day lol
  • only going out for dinner once a week ... this doesn't work out very well because my Saturdays/Sundays turn into fun days
  • drink lots of water whenever I can


I'd be lying if I said I was feeling better than I ever before. I still have bad sleeping habits and I've always been "fit enough" to not have this increased state of fitness show much effect on my life. But I have SO MUCH more confidence and happiness about self-image, and now I know what it means to work really hard until you think you're going to drop dead (used to just do enough exercise to be "tired" and call it a day). This plan, unlike previous ones, is really maintainable too because I don't feel like I'm making many sacrifices -- I'm just working harder. Nights out just mean working harder during the week (Hi Zatic).

I think the only negative change is that I count calories too much and mention it in conversations, makes me a pretty boring dinner-mate. Finding healthy food to eat when I'm lazier than usual is also tough.

TLDR; being fit and working harder than before, finally see results! will post before and after at the end of November-- this whole post isn't really relevant to all you power-lifting dudes, but just wanted to share, cheer and be merry with y'all! wheeeee


Uh really good post, not all the time we get a female poster.

Props on staying focused and happy, that's exactly what this is about, keeping each other up and always giving advice to help others.

in other words, I suck right now.

Haven't been to the gym in days. I dont' know what wrongs, I think I need a challenge, I'll do the Coan Philippi routine (thx nazarene ;D) and see how that goes.



Saw this in the progress thread:
On November 05 2012 16:44 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Going for 190kg deadlift in a two hours, which should be an easy 10kg PR. I planned on hitting 200kg at the end of the next 5/3/1 cycle, but maybe I'll go REALLY apeshit for Teamliquid. <3 you guys. If my buddy is there I'll get a video.

YEAH BUDDY! Pulled 190kg. Was heavy as holy fucking ass though, so didn't go for 200kg. Come at me Funkie, come at me.

Come at him.

Also to the Brian Shaw video, my god is he a monster. I remember someone posted an article on him. He doesn't even sound remotely human, he got into lifting really late and is beating everyone at strongman.

Edit: golf balls sound pretty good for rolling too, pretty painfully good.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
November 06 2012 16:06 GMT
#7111
Always assumed those were a result of ammonia caps, not body size/weight lifted..
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
November 06 2012 18:38 GMT
#7112
I wouldn't attest it to ammonia since that smell is delicious.

More like the insane pressure in your head.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
November 06 2012 18:56 GMT
#7113
On November 07 2012 03:38 sJarl wrote:
I wouldn't attest it to ammonia since that smell is delicious.

More like the insane pressure in your head.

I'm beginning to question your definition of "delicious"
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Ludrik
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Australia523 Posts
November 07 2012 23:28 GMT
#7114
I tend to use wine bottles for rolling around on. It's super quick to loosen up my calves.
Only a fool would die laughing. I was a fool.
Necosarius
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Sweden4042 Posts
November 08 2012 06:03 GMT
#7115
On November 06 2012 14:47 KOVU wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2012 11:17 Necosarius wrote:
On November 06 2012 08:24 sJarl wrote:
Bougth a new foam roller.

Oh the glorious, delicious pain.

Aw man, I want a foam roller as well but I don't know where to buy one in Sweden. I want some glorious, delicious pain as well

PVC pipes and lacrosse balls. Oh the lacross balls..

Thanks, shouldn't be a problem to find some PVC pipes! Haha I got to try lacross balls as well...
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-10 19:58:20
November 10 2012 19:54 GMT
#7116
Wheee, just got back from a smallish local tournament. First place for all adults below black belt. No footage available unfortunately, at least of the finals. Might upload some of the other matches.

One of my opponents, afterwards said it was "disconcerting" that I just stood there waiting to get attacked every time.

Apparently it psyches people out that I don't feel the need to move much when there's room between us and nobody is trying to close the gap.
shawster
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada2485 Posts
November 10 2012 21:00 GMT
#7117
On November 11 2012 04:54 JingleHell wrote:
Wheee, just got back from a smallish local tournament. First place for all adults below black belt. No footage available unfortunately, at least of the finals. Might upload some of the other matches.

One of my opponents, afterwards said it was "disconcerting" that I just stood there waiting to get attacked every time.

Apparently it psyches people out that I don't feel the need to move much when there's room between us and nobody is trying to close the gap.


hey grats. i used to compete at tkd as well. was never very good at sparring though lol.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
November 10 2012 21:04 GMT
#7118
On November 11 2012 06:00 shawster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2012 04:54 JingleHell wrote:
Wheee, just got back from a smallish local tournament. First place for all adults below black belt. No footage available unfortunately, at least of the finals. Might upload some of the other matches.

One of my opponents, afterwards said it was "disconcerting" that I just stood there waiting to get attacked every time.

Apparently it psyches people out that I don't feel the need to move much when there's room between us and nobody is trying to close the gap.


hey grats. i used to compete at tkd as well. was never very good at sparring though lol.


For me, sparring is all mental. Final was 5-1, too, against a brown belt. Me being the green belt. He didn't have an answer for tall, quick, and confident. After I scored the first point of the match, he kept trying to psych me out, but that's just not going to happen.

First tournament, too. Was a blast.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
November 10 2012 22:15 GMT
#7119
On November 11 2012 06:04 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2012 06:00 shawster wrote:
On November 11 2012 04:54 JingleHell wrote:
Wheee, just got back from a smallish local tournament. First place for all adults below black belt. No footage available unfortunately, at least of the finals. Might upload some of the other matches.

One of my opponents, afterwards said it was "disconcerting" that I just stood there waiting to get attacked every time.

Apparently it psyches people out that I don't feel the need to move much when there's room between us and nobody is trying to close the gap.


hey grats. i used to compete at tkd as well. was never very good at sparring though lol.


For me, sparring is all mental. Final was 5-1, too, against a brown belt. Me being the green belt. He didn't have an answer for tall, quick, and confident. After I scored the first point of the match, he kept trying to psych me out, but that's just not going to happen.

First tournament, too. Was a blast.


With some of the shit you've been through, I feel like psyching you out is actually impossible.



Didn't play today - hip was feeling weak/tight, and I didn't want to take a bad hit and undo all the months I've spent rehabbing it. Was the last game of the season and it didn't count anyway. Played Fordham. A-side went 47-17 and B-side went 43-12. Great close to the season. Dumped a cooler on out coach after the game. B-side is actually undefeated, A-side goes .500, but comes out ahead in bonus points (all our losses were within 5 points, all our wins were more than 20). Tonight is song night, game night, and then a mixer with a sorority. It's also homecoming, and next weekend is alumni weekend. It's time to get weird.

Hammerheads all fucking day.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
November 10 2012 22:19 GMT
#7120
On November 11 2012 07:15 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2012 06:04 JingleHell wrote:
On November 11 2012 06:00 shawster wrote:
On November 11 2012 04:54 JingleHell wrote:
Wheee, just got back from a smallish local tournament. First place for all adults below black belt. No footage available unfortunately, at least of the finals. Might upload some of the other matches.

One of my opponents, afterwards said it was "disconcerting" that I just stood there waiting to get attacked every time.

Apparently it psyches people out that I don't feel the need to move much when there's room between us and nobody is trying to close the gap.


hey grats. i used to compete at tkd as well. was never very good at sparring though lol.


For me, sparring is all mental. Final was 5-1, too, against a brown belt. Me being the green belt. He didn't have an answer for tall, quick, and confident. After I scored the first point of the match, he kept trying to psych me out, but that's just not going to happen.

First tournament, too. Was a blast.


With some of the shit you've been through, I feel like psyching you out is actually impossible.



Didn't play today - hip was feeling weak/tight, and I didn't want to take a bad hit and undo all the months I've spent rehabbing it. Was the last game of the season and it didn't count anyway. Played Fordham. A-side went 47-17 and B-side went 43-12. Great close to the season. Dumped a cooler on out coach after the game. B-side is actually undefeated, A-side goes .500, but comes out ahead in bonus points (all our losses were within 5 points, all our wins were more than 20). Tonight is song night, game night, and then a mixer with a sorority. It's also homecoming, and next weekend is alumni weekend. It's time to get weird.

Hammerheads all fucking day.


Awesome, sounds like fun. Just remember that picking up sorority chicks at a party is NOT like picking up girls at a gym.

Mostly because it's harder to keep your body rigid when you're drunk, so a deadlift is better than a clean.
Prev 1 354 355 356 357 358 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM660
TKL 256
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 660
ByuN 306
TKL 256
mouzHeroMarine 115
UpATreeSC 77
BRAT_OK 34
MindelVK 8
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25569
Calm 3301
Shuttle 1141
Horang2 527
Soulkey 196
Rush 132
Dewaltoss 121
Zeus 64
Free 37
Hyun 34
[ Show more ]
sorry 30
Trap 25
Killer 19
ToSsGirL 19
PianO 17
Bale 16
JYJ 16
Rock 15
Aegong 15
scan(afreeca) 13
Hm[arnc] 11
Sacsri 7
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7086
Dendi1248
League of Legends
KnowMe50
Counter-Strike
fl0m4803
x6flipin836
Fnx 608
pashabiceps422
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King89
Other Games
singsing1924
Liquid`RaSZi1476
Beastyqt591
ceh9501
Khaldor308
C9.Mang0244
dupreeh199
crisheroes183
420jenkins179
IndyStarCraft 143
QueenE96
Trikslyr89
JuggernautJason10
Grubby0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH284
• Hinosc 15
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3324
• WagamamaTV508
League of Legends
• Nemesis2900
• TFBlade585
Other Games
• Shiphtur839
• imaqtpie325
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 38m
INu's Battles
17h 38m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
19h 38m
OSC
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 5h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.