• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:47
CEST 05:47
KST 12:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6600 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 355

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 353 354 355 356 357 379 Next
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
November 03 2012 00:28 GMT
#7081
so drunk sorry I cant do 70 at all but truyng my best!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
DimmuKlok
Profile Joined June 2010
United States225 Posts
November 03 2012 00:46 GMT
#7082
On November 02 2012 00:36 thedeadhaji wrote:
Just wondering - anyone interested in a cycling thread in the subforum?
(it's basically all I do these days)

I love cycling! It's getting pretty cold here though so I don't go as much anymore. If there was a subforum I would definitely post my bike and whatnot. I'm sure we could find some stuff to talk about, so yea I'd be interested.
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
November 03 2012 11:51 GMT
#7083
Man I had the worst day yesterday. Just don't get it

Have done nothing but eating and sleeping the whole week and felt soooo energized and couldn't wait to get back at lifting. Back at the gym I couldn't not finish a single set of 5 of anything, even below my current SS weights. Shit is so frustrating.

Nothing really to say here just wanted to vent.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
November 03 2012 19:18 GMT
#7084
I know the feeling Zatic, somehow I always do best when I feel tired or weak :/
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
KaoReal
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada340 Posts
November 03 2012 19:30 GMT
#7085
Yeah, I was sick as a dog two days ago, I'm still recovering. So sick I had to call into work, but I was curious whether or not working out would help me get better faster... Broke a PR on squats. Go figure.
Life can only be understood backwards, but must be lived forward
Donkeys
Profile Joined August 2010
Mexico308 Posts
November 03 2012 19:40 GMT
#7086
My usual gym was closed so I drove around looking for other gyms and I found one called "JULIO'S GYM". Fucking Julio, I did my snatches no problem, then I was in the middle of my cleans and this huge guy walks up to me and tells me that I can not do that exercise, I then tell him that I'm not slamming the bar or anything to which he has no response and just tells me again that I can't do that and walk away. Fuck. I do my squats and I ask the guy if deadlifting is allowed, he says yes. I'm up to 130kg when I see Julio coming up to me. Apparently I'm making too much noise and slamming the bar, even though I'm focusing on lowering it slowly and not really slamming anything. I hold my anger inside and finish up with some one arm dumbbell rows, they do have some heavy ass dumbbells. Fuck commercial gyms.
http://www.belowtherimyo.blogspot.com/
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
November 04 2012 08:47 GMT
#7087
Throw some plates bro. People don't fuck with people who throw 20kg around.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
November 04 2012 18:43 GMT
#7088
On November 03 2012 00:03 phyre112 wrote:
@Haji I'd like to get more into cycling and would probably participate in the thread... but it's too cold for cycling 8 months out of the year here =(


On November 03 2012 09:46 DimmuKlok wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2012 00:36 thedeadhaji wrote:
Just wondering - anyone interested in a cycling thread in the subforum?
(it's basically all I do these days)

I love cycling! It's getting pretty cold here though so I don't go as much anymore. If there was a subforum I would definitely post my bike and whatnot. I'm sure we could find some stuff to talk about, so yea I'd be interested.


Cool
I'm not particularly good at it or anything but I'll work on putting an OP together over the next few weeks.
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
November 05 2012 04:24 GMT
#7089
fuck It's november. that means progress pic thread is right around the corner.

get your shit together!!!!!!

Last week of november is Picture Week motherfuckers
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
TheResidentEvil
Profile Joined September 2010
United States991 Posts
November 05 2012 05:18 GMT
#7090
was playing football (US) and my upper body got twisted with my foot stuck in mud. I sprained my ankle and I am on crutches. It will be 4-6 weeks before i can play again. I just hope i can walk soon so i can lift
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
November 05 2012 05:21 GMT
#7091
On November 05 2012 14:18 TheResidentEvil wrote:
was playing football (US) and my upper body got twisted with my foot stuck in mud. I sprained my ankle and I am on crutches. It will be 4-6 weeks before i can play again. I just hope i can walk soon so i can lift


Just don't try to restart too soon and make it worse. Pain doesn't stop me from doing a damn thing, but injury can cause trouble, and if you try to work out too early you'll slow yourself way down at full recovery.
rEiGN~
Profile Joined September 2010
369 Posts
November 05 2012 14:41 GMT
#7092
popped into my feed a few days ago, thought i'd share:

TL.net Stream Viewer Count http://goo.gl/ahf1E
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
November 05 2012 15:46 GMT
#7093
Fun fact of the day: The German word for DOMS is "Muskelkater", which translates to "muscle hangover".
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
Ahzz
Profile Joined May 2007
Finland780 Posts
November 05 2012 16:32 GMT
#7094
typical. I feel weak in the morning, can't eat much, had 5 hours of sleep and my nutrition during the weekend was average at best. Yet I do pretty good on my press and squat, and do more pullups than before lol. Never stay out of the gym if you feel like crap during the morning guys.
102.5kg 3x5 squats
132.5kg x5 DL
45 kg 5/3/3 press
57.5 kg 3x5 bench

@79-80kg BW, 187cm
So far quite happy with my progress, seeing how I've been doing SS for 3 months or so, dunno if thats good or bad.
Any opinions on weightlifting belts for squats and DL's? From what I hear, my lifts should be above bodyweight which they are... So far my progress has been very steady, DL increasing each time and squats almost every time. I vaguely remember advice that I should hold off additional equipment as long as I can, and once I start having trouble with my max load, I might add the belt?
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
November 05 2012 18:18 GMT
#7095
On November 06 2012 01:32 Ahzz wrote:
typical. I feel weak in the morning, can't eat much, had 5 hours of sleep and my nutrition during the weekend was average at best. Yet I do pretty good on my press and squat, and do more pullups than before lol. Never stay out of the gym if you feel like crap during the morning guys.
102.5kg 3x5 squats
132.5kg x5 DL
45 kg 5/3/3 press
57.5 kg 3x5 bench

@79-80kg BW, 187cm
So far quite happy with my progress, seeing how I've been doing SS for 3 months or so, dunno if thats good or bad.
Any opinions on weightlifting belts for squats and DL's? From what I hear, my lifts should be above bodyweight which they are... So far my progress has been very steady, DL increasing each time and squats almost every time. I vaguely remember advice that I should hold off additional equipment as long as I can, and once I start having trouble with my max load, I might add the belt?


Add a belt whenever you feel like you need a belt. But at the same time you do, start doing ab work.

The belt I have is This recommended to me a few months back by dimsum, but I don't like it for squatting. It really limits my flexibility, so that I can "only" get parallel, when I'm used to doing an olympic style squat. It's awesome for front squats, presses, and any kind of pull off the floor though.
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
November 05 2012 18:31 GMT
#7096
Cleared by the doc. Back to full on squating and deadlifting. I'm so weak Time to hit a 300x5 squat by February. 100lbs in three months. I got this.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
November 05 2012 23:24 GMT
#7097
Bougth a new foam roller.

Oh the glorious, delicious pain.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
November 06 2012 00:04 GMT
#7098
On November 06 2012 01:32 Ahzz wrote:
typical. I feel weak in the morning, can't eat much, had 5 hours of sleep and my nutrition during the weekend was average at best. Yet I do pretty good on my press and squat, and do more pullups than before lol. Never stay out of the gym if you feel like crap during the morning guys.
102.5kg 3x5 squats
132.5kg x5 DL
45 kg 5/3/3 press
57.5 kg 3x5 bench

@79-80kg BW, 187cm
So far quite happy with my progress, seeing how I've been doing SS for 3 months or so, dunno if thats good or bad.
Any opinions on weightlifting belts for squats and DL's? From what I hear, my lifts should be above bodyweight which they are... So far my progress has been very steady, DL increasing each time and squats almost every time. I vaguely remember advice that I should hold off additional equipment as long as I can, and once I start having trouble with my max load, I might add the belt?


I think you shouldn't wear a belt never, unless u are injured or you want to lift more in a competition :p. Another exception could be if you wanna keep ur back fresh, like if u squat friday/deadlift saturday, u could wear a belt on friday and not use it on saturday.

I've got a titan 10mm lever belt and I can definetately move more weight with it. IAP is terrible though, I'm eagerly waiting for my nose to bleed on a max deadlift attempt. I think it just happens to big guys though

Today:

Squat: 162,5kgx3x10
OHP: 65kgx3x10
Pull Ups: 25poundsx4x5, BW x 10
hazelynut
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2197 Posts
November 06 2012 00:29 GMT
#7099
So I've had stints of trying to be fit for like... a couple weeks at a time throughout college (see TL Health and Fitness 2011, and maybe 2010, where I make one post and leave). I'd usually give up when exams roll around and ever since dating this new guy in New York, I'd drink and eat too much and too well. Was starting to notice some flab and decided to do something about it.

I've finally stuck to a plan (56 days now!!) and I think I see results. It's kind of hard to tell because I began as a "clothes skinny" person. I look reasonable with clothes and look OK without, just extra flab on stomach and thighs. After about a month, I didn't really notice any change in the mirror except for more muscular thighs and calves (which is .... uh... okay I guess, better than flab) and I actually weighed more than ever. It was a little disheartening until I wore my jeans and noticed they were loose 1-2 inches. These were jeans that I was afraid of not being able to wear after accidentally putting them in a dryer and also after a summer eating in NY.

Took some before pictures in September and I plan to take an after picture at the end of November, when I go to IPL and proudly wear whatever I want. Will probably post both of those at the same time to (hopefully) show the most dramatic change. I'm pretty excited for it and it helps to have a goal in mind so I don't slack now that I know this is working I'm aiming to try to get Korean pop-star fitness, except healthier and more toned (think Yuri instead of Jessica!)

Plan includes:

  • eating at a 500 calorie deficit, and eating healthy things I cook myself (I average 250 because I eat out so much Dx)
  • keeping a food diary
  • running 3-4 times a week, been running 3 miles and now pushing it up to 4
  • pilates (www.blogilates.com), only discovered this recently! before that I was just doing like 30 crunches and calling it a day lol
  • only going out for dinner once a week ... this doesn't work out very well because my Saturdays/Sundays turn into fun days
  • drink lots of water whenever I can


I'd be lying if I said I was feeling better than I ever before. I still have bad sleeping habits and I've always been "fit enough" to not have this increased state of fitness show much effect on my life. But I have SO MUCH more confidence and happiness about self-image, and now I know what it means to work really hard until you think you're going to drop dead (used to just do enough exercise to be "tired" and call it a day). This plan, unlike previous ones, is really maintainable too because I don't feel like I'm making many sacrifices -- I'm just working harder. Nights out just mean working harder during the week (Hi Zatic).

I think the only negative change is that I count calories too much and mention it in conversations, makes me a pretty boring dinner-mate. Finding healthy food to eat when I'm lazier than usual is also tough.

TLDR; being fit and working harder than before, finally see results! will post before and after at the end of November-- this whole post isn't really relevant to all you power-lifting dudes, but just wanted to share, cheer and be merry with y'all! wheeeee
Zerg | life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery | www.cstarleague.com <3
autoexec
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States530 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-06 02:02:12
November 06 2012 01:58 GMT
#7100
I just finished my (American) football season this past week. The team doesn't start lifting and conditioning workouts till January but I am looking to start working out before then. I have no access to weights or a gym until then (except for a pull up bar in my room). Could you guys suggest some things that I could do on my own to start working towards getting stronger and faster? Or is this the forum for this?
Thanks in advance!

Edit: Also is there any exercise in particular that works the chest a lot? It seems like that is what is holding me back from getting better bench press lifts so I would like to work on that before January.
Prev 1 353 354 355 356 357 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 219
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17716
Rain 1454
GuemChi 641
sSak 43
Bale 23
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm191
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1022
taco 462
minikerr37
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1021
Mew2King69
Other Games
summit1g7651
JimRising 637
WinterStarcraft579
C9.Mang0170
ViBE121
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1066
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream50
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Light_VIP 18
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo786
• Stunt277
Other Games
• Shiphtur744
• Scarra718
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
6h 13m
INu's Battles
7h 13m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
9h 13m
OSC
18h 28m
Replay Cast
19h 13m
OSC
1d 19h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.