• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:45
CEST 19:45
KST 02:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)72Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7531 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 582

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 580 581 582 583 584 730 Next
Steeped
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada87 Posts
September 14 2011 17:22 GMT
#11621
^ I had a pinched nerve once that caused pain in pretty much those exact areas and hurt only when i did certain things. I definitely have no knowledge on this type of thing tho haha.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
September 14 2011 17:24 GMT
#11622
On September 15 2011 02:07 Earll wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 15 2011 01:57 decafchicken wrote:
On September 15 2011 01:46 Earll wrote:
Done with workout today.

50kg Squat (up 5kg)
37.5 kg Benchpress (up 2.5 kg)
40kg Deadlift (up 5 kg.)

I started out adding 5 kg to benchpress too, but on first set second rep I was already like NFGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHSFDpushing it up and reallys truggling, so I figured billy don't be a hero. Possibly reason I did not improve much there is because the first 2 days of SS (e.g the day I did the benchpress and the day after) I ate like half of what I should have, and just started eating properly on the 3rd day, so probly didnt grow as much muscle as I could have\should have.

also I feel like my deadlift form is super shit and I am bending my back too much : ( ? at least on the heavier sets.And my Bench press form was somewhat different part of today. My elbows sort of didnt go out the way they should , its sort of hard to explain.

Last but not least 2nd day (first day I did powercleans) I got some small blisters on the inside of my hand just below\at the root of the fingers, and they returned now sort of when doing deadlift, and fear they will return even worse with a vengeance on next powercleans, is there any non lame way to fix or avoid this?

you probably don't need chalk for the weights you're pulling but I use it all the time to help with grip. don't get gloves. also you should be holding the bar in your fingers not in your palm if that makes sense. you can also look into hook grip.


Thanks, Chalk is not allowed at my gym for whatever reason, ill look into the hook gripthough-

if you put it in a zip lock bag and don't make a mess they probably won't care/notice. explain its for safety if someone says something
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
September 14 2011 17:24 GMT
#11623
@earll, you're gripping wrong. Dont try to hold the bar in your palm, grab it right where you're getting those blisters, and let it rest there/ on your fingers. Lower grip means nothing for the bar to tug and crush and scrape, so no blisters.

@blackjack if your goals are endurance for its own sake and for health, go ahead and run. Were still probably going to tell you to lift once in a while anyway :p
Nazarene
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Denmark996 Posts
September 14 2011 18:15 GMT
#11624
Had a nice short and heavy workout today:

3 rounds for time of:

1 deadlift, 160 kg
2 muscle ups
3 power cleans, 100 kg
4 handstand pushups

4:49

Both deadlift and power clean was pretty close to my 1 RM, so it was nice to be able to do it in a workout.

Tomorrow is week 2 of Coan-Phillipi :-D!
BouBou.865
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands814 Posts
September 14 2011 18:31 GMT
#11625
On September 15 2011 00:17 funkie wrote:
Congrats Bou! you the man! is this the same girl from the gym? ?

No ESG was French, this girl is Dutch (: I'm at uni now. On sleeping: Sleeping on consistent hours is good obviously. How can I still maintain some social life in the weekends and keep my body in the groove as much as possible?

Generally this is how it looks:
Bedtime 22:30-45
Waky waky 7:30

Seems like a good amount of sleep to me for an eighteen year old. However sometimes I stay up a bit later (^^,). If I go to bed four hours later, does that mean I should try to get up four hours later too?

And I don't last three hours of pounding obviously, but 'real' sex (not on the computer screen) actually has a frustrating amount of cuddling, kissing and other cardio bs.
Playing League of Legends. IGN: Plain Skill
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
September 14 2011 19:12 GMT
#11626
On September 15 2011 03:15 Nazarene wrote:
Had a nice short and heavy workout today:

3 rounds for time of:

1 deadlift, 160 kg
2 muscle ups
3 power cleans, 100 kg
4 handstand pushups

4:49

Both deadlift and power clean was pretty close to my 1 RM, so it was nice to be able to do it in a workout.

Tomorrow is week 2 of Coan-Phillipi :-D!


Damn, I couldn't do a muscle up if my life depended on it.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
BlackJack
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States10574 Posts
September 14 2011 20:42 GMT
#11627
On September 15 2011 02:24 phyre112 wrote:
@blackjack if your goals are endurance for its own sake and for health, go ahead and run. Were still probably going to tell you to lift once in a while anyway :p


actually I hate cardio and would like to not do it, lol. I'm just under the impression that cardio is exercise for the heart and the heart is the most important muscle in the body.
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-14 21:00:58
September 14 2011 20:50 GMT
#11628
On September 14 2011 15:15 Ludrik wrote:
I've never done it with above max weights. But I have done iso holds at the bottom of the squat because I feel like it's the weakest part of my lift.


Iso holds work! I just maxed back squat today. lol I smoked 165 for a pr. My coach stopped me, but I was sure I could grind out 170. Yesterday I did Iso holds from 120 all the way up to 240kg. Good stuff.

Also my coach is making a documentary of the him and the gym. I'm in it a little bit lol. I'm not sure what's it for but I'll show it here when it comes out.
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
September 14 2011 20:55 GMT
#11629
On September 15 2011 05:42 BlackJack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 15 2011 02:24 phyre112 wrote:
@blackjack if your goals are endurance for its own sake and for health, go ahead and run. Were still probably going to tell you to lift once in a while anyway :p


actually I hate cardio and would like to not do it, lol. I'm just under the impression that cardio is exercise for the heart and the heart is the most important muscle in the body.


Lifting weights is cardio work as well. You will be super sexy/healthy if you lift weights and eat healthy.
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
September 14 2011 21:02 GMT
#11630
Light lower body day really makes me feel like crap afterwards.
Whole day standing at work doesn't help with that.
Was scared to do RDL with the weight is should've done it, because lower back felt really tight after squats. After second set with old RDL weight i upped, wasn't really a problem more a mental thing.
Sleeping will be so good tonight.

Boubou try to get 7+ hours of sleep, but it won't kill your gains or anything if you sleep less for a night or two. Just enjoy the weekends.
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
September 14 2011 21:19 GMT
#11631
On September 15 2011 05:50 AoN.DimSum wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2011 15:15 Ludrik wrote:
I've never done it with above max weights. But I have done iso holds at the bottom of the squat because I feel like it's the weakest part of my lift.


Iso holds work! I just maxed back squat today. lol I smoked 165 for a pr. My coach stopped me, but I was sure I could grind out 170. Yesterday I did Iso holds from 120 all the way up to 240kg. Good stuff.

Also my coach is making a documentary of the him and the gym. I'm in it a little bit lol. I'm not sure what's it for but I'll show it here when it comes out.


Oh I use iso holds. I just call them unracking the bar and then returning it. Primes your CNS like nothing else does!

GJ on the PR! Sick stuff at your bw.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
stevarius
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1394 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-14 21:41:05
September 14 2011 21:39 GMT
#11632
On September 15 2011 05:55 emperorchampion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 15 2011 05:42 BlackJack wrote:
On September 15 2011 02:24 phyre112 wrote:
@blackjack if your goals are endurance for its own sake and for health, go ahead and run. Were still probably going to tell you to lift once in a while anyway :p


actually I hate cardio and would like to not do it, lol. I'm just under the impression that cardio is exercise for the heart and the heart is the most important muscle in the body.


Lifting weights is cardio work as well. You will be super sexy/healthy if you lift weights and eat healthy.


Lifting weights isn't significant enough to improve your cardiovascular health to great level. If you had to choose one or the other, the obvious choice would be to do weights, but he has the ability to do both cardio and weights yet he's determined to be lazy and withhold on an activity because he lacks the motivation to complete it.


Lift, eat, cardio, go outside.


Aerobic vs Anaerobic
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ohnoes92
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden76 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-14 21:53:50
September 14 2011 21:48 GMT
#11633
Since im too lazy to log my food on fitday or any similar site, I need some reference of how many calories a meal contains.

My late dinner, after eating lunch both 12am and 4pm:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

It's 3 potatoes, 1½ salmon filet and some salad. A small meal compared to my other meals, but I realised I have no idea of how many Calories im eating, and im basically just eating more and hoping to gain weight atm.

Edit: Forgot to add that i just squatted 80kg ezpz after being stuck around 75kg for a while. Tbh felt like I had more reps in me and I didnt even have to grind the last reps. Felt like a total baws for the rest of the day
Ohai!
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-14 22:31:00
September 14 2011 22:30 GMT
#11634
Seriously, you want us to calculate your calories for you? Maybe you have some luck with someone else in here, but I am not gonna help someone who starts his post with "I am lazy, do my work for me". You probably could have calculated that faster than it took you to upload the photo.

Good job on the lifting though. Nothing feels better than a good lifting session.

sJarl wrote:

Oh I use iso holds. I just call them unracking the bar and then returning it. Primes your CNS like nothing else does!


I started doing that too a couple of weeks ago, and it really has a nice effect. My work-sets feel so much lighter at the top-position. Don't know how much it helps with the actual lift though.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
shinosai
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1577 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-14 23:17:21
September 14 2011 23:16 GMT
#11635
[image loading]chart

Guys, question. I'm wondering if I'm nearing the end of my SS gains. I recently wrote down and plotted all my lifting data over the course of 16 weeks. I've had two major deloads on squats and one major for deadlifts. I think I have a little bit of progress left, but according to the SS wiki, at the next reset, it's time to switch to an intermediate. Does this sound correct looking at my graph, or do you think I have much farther to go?

*Notes on graph: OHP reset was for form. Also recently had a minor Power clean reset for form. This graph takes the highest lifts from wednesday and friday sessions, usually consisting of 5rms.
Be versatile, know when to retreat, and carry a big gun.
Emporio
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States3069 Posts
September 14 2011 23:19 GMT
#11636
What do you guys think about lifting without a partner? Obviously there are non-tangible benefits like increased motivation and accountability and competition, but in terms of trying to lift your max, whenever I am doing it by myself I always have to do a little less than I am capable of, both in weight and in reps so that I don't ever give out.

But this can't be the best way to go about strengthening right? It's better to lift to the point where you couldn't have done more right?
How does it feel knowing you wasted another 3 seconds of your life reading this again?
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-14 23:26:29
September 14 2011 23:24 GMT
#11637
Yay, I've gained 2.5 pounds since I started working out/increased my diet again 11 days ago. All of my lifts are increasing...although I don't think I can do 10 lb increases on bp or press, for both lifts my last work set was a failure. But I've now done 4 consecutive 10 lb increases for squat, and 2 consecutive 20lb increases for dead-lift. Power Cleans...well...I'm pretty sure I've been doing them incorrectly so I'm resetting and making sure my form is good on Friday, not sure if there will be a weight increase but as long as I'm doing the lift right I'm ok with that. (Plus there is a decent chance I won't be able to find an affordable gym that will let me do Power Cleans so I might be forgetting the lift all-together for the time being)

Anyways, it seems the two lifts I am struggling with most are the arm lifts, so should I look into other lifts to help with that in addition to the 5 core lifts of S.S. or just stick with it and redo days that I fail the last work-set?

Also, since I workout at home, I've been drinking water between sets, but now I realize that isn't really going to be possible in the gym, and for all I know it is bad to do so. Any thoughts?

Already at about 1.4k calories today and still have 2 dinners ahead of me. I've never been a big eater so this is new for me and almost as hard as the lifts themselves.

Just started a journal over at FitDay too.

Edit: Also, I did a set of 5 and then a set of 4 (failure) of bench press at my work weight, then went down to the last sessions work weight and did a set of 5 instead of having another failed set. Was this the right choice? I've already decided I'm repeating today's failed weight next benching session.
Aerakin
Profile Joined January 2011
185 Posts
September 14 2011 23:32 GMT
#11638
On September 15 2011 08:19 Emporio wrote:
What do you guys think about lifting without a partner? Obviously there are non-tangible benefits like increased motivation and accountability and competition, but in terms of trying to lift your max, whenever I am doing it by myself I always have to do a little less than I am capable of, both in weight and in reps so that I don't ever give out.

But this can't be the best way to go about strengthening right? It's better to lift to the point where you couldn't have done more right?


Personally, whenever I went to the gym, I went alone in the early morning. I was doing SL5x5 and did my stuff in a power cage so I could go all out.

The only time I've failed a lift, it was a bench press. In the power cage, so I was fine without a spotter.

And it was like 6AM, so there was nobody to care (yay nobody to laugh at me)
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
September 14 2011 23:38 GMT
#11639
I haven't had a gym partner for over a year. The only lift that scares me is the bench, but I've always asked random people to spot for me.

I would always spend too much time chatting with friends instead of lifting.
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
September 14 2011 23:41 GMT
#11640
On September 15 2011 08:19 Emporio wrote:
What do you guys think about lifting without a partner? Obviously there are non-tangible benefits like increased motivation and accountability and competition, but in terms of trying to lift your max, whenever I am doing it by myself I always have to do a little less than I am capable of, both in weight and in reps so that I don't ever give out.

But this can't be the best way to go about strengthening right? It's better to lift to the point where you couldn't have done more right?


Failing grind lifts (bench, squat, deadlift) is not necesary at all for progress, and in my opinion, counterproductive. Ofc u should be taking reasonably safety measures, like squatting heavy in a cage/with pins.

I always train alone but ask someone to spot me at the bench so I dont tire my shoulders unracking the barbell on heavy sets during BP.

@eshlow: I have my powerlifting meeting on 9 weeks from this monday, when I will be starting my last deadlift/bench cycle. I have never taken creatine, but I have 300 gr and I wanna know if it would help my performance. However, I am at the weight limit of my weight class, so I cant win more than 2 kilos the following 9 weeks. Do you think I should take it? How much ? I lift 4 days a week FWIW.
Prev 1 580 581 582 583 584 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 2641
RotterdaM708
TaKeTV 306
IndyStarCraft 173
BRAT_OK 80
ZombieGrub35
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2641
RotterdaM 708
ByuN 379
IndyStarCraft 173
MaxPax 171
BRAT_OK 80
UpATreeSC 51
ZombieGrub35
RuFF_SC2 33
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3360
Shuttle 873
Mini 478
EffOrt 422
Rush 173
Dewaltoss 148
Mind 89
910 73
Zeus 70
HiyA 66
[ Show more ]
Shinee 60
hero 55
Bale 27
sorry 25
ToSsGirL 17
Sexy 10
zelot 10
Sacsri 8
scan(afreeca) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5619
qojqva2923
Counter-Strike
fl0m5245
pashabiceps791
Fnx 684
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2764
Other Games
singsing1985
Beastyqt798
ceh9672
mouzStarbuck247
XaKoH 121
C9.Mang074
QueenE72
Trikslyr65
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV205
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 111
• StrangeGG 31
• Reevou 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV186
Other Games
• imaqtpie514
• Shiphtur296
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
5h 15m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 15m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
17h 15m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.