• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:58
CEST 13:58
KST 20:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8186 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 584

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 582 583 584 585 586 730 Next
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
September 15 2011 02:13 GMT
#11661
On September 15 2011 10:47 JeeJee wrote:
A nutritional question..
So I've been on a bulking diet of 130g+ protein and something like 3000kcal, or whatever results in me gaining about 5lb/month, dunno the exact kcal numbers. So far, so good.
Now let's say I want to cut a bit, something like 3lb/mo for a couple of months. So I'd have to decrease my kcals by quite a bit -- if I'm at +500 now, I'd want to be at like -400 or whatever, so a net change of almost 1,000 kcal. How am I supposed to maintain my 130g+ protein while cutting a third of my cals? Should I look into protein shakes? (note: the kcal numbers are very approximate.. in the end I judge how much I eat by how the scale moves)

e: I've never cut before so if I'm missing something obvious about the cutting process, let me know


Keep the meat/birds/eggs/fish/etc.

Drop the carbs/fats.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
September 15 2011 02:13 GMT
#11662
On September 15 2011 10:47 JeeJee wrote:
A nutritional question..
So I've been on a bulking diet of 130g+ protein and something like 3000kcal, or whatever results in me gaining about 5lb/month, dunno the exact kcal numbers. So far, so good.
Now let's say I want to cut a bit, something like 3lb/mo for a couple of months. So I'd have to decrease my kcals by quite a bit -- if I'm at +500 now, I'd want to be at like -400 or whatever, so a net change of almost 1,000 kcal. How am I supposed to maintain my 130g+ protein while cutting a third of my cals? Should I look into protein shakes? (note: the kcal numbers are very approximate.. in the end I judge how much I eat by how the scale moves)

e: I've never cut before so if I'm missing something obvious about the cutting process, let me know

skinless chicken breasts, egg whites, lean meat (i'd say 85% or more), tuna.
☺
Kamais_Ookin
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada4218 Posts
September 15 2011 02:21 GMT
#11663
Thanks for the support eshlow/Lemonwalrus, and yeah I'm just gonna go for it!
I <3 Plexa.
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
September 15 2011 02:30 GMT
#11664
On September 15 2011 11:13 Release wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 15 2011 10:47 JeeJee wrote:
A nutritional question..
So I've been on a bulking diet of 130g+ protein and something like 3000kcal, or whatever results in me gaining about 5lb/month, dunno the exact kcal numbers. So far, so good.
Now let's say I want to cut a bit, something like 3lb/mo for a couple of months. So I'd have to decrease my kcals by quite a bit -- if I'm at +500 now, I'd want to be at like -400 or whatever, so a net change of almost 1,000 kcal. How am I supposed to maintain my 130g+ protein while cutting a third of my cals? Should I look into protein shakes? (note: the kcal numbers are very approximate.. in the end I judge how much I eat by how the scale moves)

e: I've never cut before so if I'm missing something obvious about the cutting process, let me know

skinless chicken breasts, egg whites, lean meat (i'd say 85% or more), tuna.


I'd keep the yolks... healthiest part by far and not significant amounts of kcals that it's gonna be harder cutting weight.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Ingenol
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1328 Posts
September 15 2011 02:41 GMT
#11665
Is there any way cod liver oil could be making my hair fall out? I started taking 1 teaspoon daily which has 17% of the RDA of Vitamin A, so Hypervitaminosis A seems unlikely, but within a few weeks of starting my hair has started shedding like crazy. I have had zero problems with fish oil capsules in the past, but I've never taken CLO or anything like it.

What does hair-loss in male-pattern baldness "feel" like? Do you just start seeing it in your hairline/crown more and more over time or do you have the sensation that you hair is actively falling out at a fast rate?

There are some reports on the internet of people losing hair when taking CLO or other fish oils, but maybe I'm just going bald and am looking for excuses? No family history of male-pattern baldness on either side but my mom does use Rogaine. I've started using it as well and obviously have stopped the CLO now that I realize the timing lines up a bit.
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
September 15 2011 02:44 GMT
#11666
On September 15 2011 11:30 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 15 2011 11:13 Release wrote:
On September 15 2011 10:47 JeeJee wrote:
A nutritional question..
So I've been on a bulking diet of 130g+ protein and something like 3000kcal, or whatever results in me gaining about 5lb/month, dunno the exact kcal numbers. So far, so good.
Now let's say I want to cut a bit, something like 3lb/mo for a couple of months. So I'd have to decrease my kcals by quite a bit -- if I'm at +500 now, I'd want to be at like -400 or whatever, so a net change of almost 1,000 kcal. How am I supposed to maintain my 130g+ protein while cutting a third of my cals? Should I look into protein shakes? (note: the kcal numbers are very approximate.. in the end I judge how much I eat by how the scale moves)

e: I've never cut before so if I'm missing something obvious about the cutting process, let me know

skinless chicken breasts, egg whites, lean meat (i'd say 85% or more), tuna.


I'd keep the yolks... healthiest part by far and not significant amounts of kcals that it's gonna be harder cutting weight.



You have to cut fat too when cutting? What kind of fats?
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
MeShiet
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada290 Posts
September 15 2011 02:46 GMT
#11667
I don't know what possessed me today. Everything went so well I can't even believe it. Clean and jerk went up 5lbs and felt easy the whole way through. I normally get stuck in the hole and am out of breath before the jerk. But the jerks today felt amazing, the scissoring under has never felt so swift and stable. Snatches were even better. Finally made it to 100lbs and people were staring. ALL EYES ON ME, shieeeeeet.

I will end my bragging here and once again want to say thanks to all the nice people in here offering advice, inspiration and help unconditionally.
If you die this way, you won't live to tell anyone how you died
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-15 02:51:34
September 15 2011 02:48 GMT
#11668
Good Bicep + Back w/ Deadlift workout today.

Lots of PR today, 130lb x6 seated row
275lb deadlift x3
6 very wide-arm pull ups w/ 20lb assist (after 5 sets of higher assisted pull ups)

And at the end of the day I was feeling so good I told myself I'm going to try to do powercleans And that's where everything went wrong... So I'm not going to say my arms are big, because they aren't, but for whatever reason, I am unable to bring my wrists to touch my shoulders. So I grabbed a very light 50lb weight to work on powerclean and as I put it into the same position as you do for a front squat (which i don't do either)... My arm went down, my bicep got squished, and it was the most extreme pain I've ever felt.

I read some stuff about a problem with flexibility in this thread for powercleans which I didn't care for much at the time, and not even understanding why you need to be flexible, but holy shit, it hurts when I just let it drop on my shoulders. I'm good now, luckily no injuries. I asked the person at the gym what I should do about it, and he told me if it hurts, don't do it, or don't put your elbows up as high as you are supposed to... Time to do some research (:
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-15 03:01:47
September 15 2011 02:57 GMT
#11669
On September 15 2011 11:46 MeShiet wrote:
I don't know what possessed me today. Everything went so well I can't even believe it. Clean and jerk went up 5lbs and felt easy the whole way through. I normally get stuck in the hole and am out of breath before the jerk. But the jerks today felt amazing, the scissoring under has never felt so swift and stable. Snatches were even better. Finally made it to 100lbs and people were staring. ALL EYES ON ME, shieeeeeet.

I will end my bragging here and once again want to say thanks to all the nice people in here offering advice, inspiration and help unconditionally.


awesome! post some videos

@fiwifaki gotta start stretching!

Best channel on youtube! mwod!
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-15 03:14:32
September 15 2011 03:12 GMT
#11670
On September 15 2011 11:41 Ingenol wrote:
Is there any way cod liver oil could be making my hair fall out? I started taking 1 teaspoon daily which has 17% of the RDA of Vitamin A, so Hypervitaminosis A seems unlikely, but within a few weeks of starting my hair has started shedding like crazy. I have had zero problems with fish oil capsules in the past, but I've never taken CLO or anything like it.

What does hair-loss in male-pattern baldness "feel" like? Do you just start seeing it in your hairline/crown more and more over time or do you have the sensation that you hair is actively falling out at a fast rate?

There are some reports on the internet of people losing hair when taking CLO or other fish oils, but maybe I'm just going bald and am looking for excuses? No family history of male-pattern baldness on either side but my mom does use Rogaine. I've started using it as well and obviously have stopped the CLO now that I realize the timing lines up a bit.


I would be more scared of mercury poisoning...... especially since hair falling out is one of the signs and symptoms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_poisoning#Signs_and_symptoms

Therefore, would stop taking that CLO.

Don't really like CLO anyway. Rather people just buy high quality fish oil, and get vitamin d separately or from the sun

Vit A is easily obtained from eating fruits and vegs anyway.

On September 15 2011 11:44 AoN.DimSum wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 15 2011 11:30 eshlow wrote:
On September 15 2011 11:13 Release wrote:
On September 15 2011 10:47 JeeJee wrote:
A nutritional question..
So I've been on a bulking diet of 130g+ protein and something like 3000kcal, or whatever results in me gaining about 5lb/month, dunno the exact kcal numbers. So far, so good.
Now let's say I want to cut a bit, something like 3lb/mo for a couple of months. So I'd have to decrease my kcals by quite a bit -- if I'm at +500 now, I'd want to be at like -400 or whatever, so a net change of almost 1,000 kcal. How am I supposed to maintain my 130g+ protein while cutting a third of my cals? Should I look into protein shakes? (note: the kcal numbers are very approximate.. in the end I judge how much I eat by how the scale moves)

e: I've never cut before so if I'm missing something obvious about the cutting process, let me know

skinless chicken breasts, egg whites, lean meat (i'd say 85% or more), tuna.


I'd keep the yolks... healthiest part by far and not significant amounts of kcals that it's gonna be harder cutting weight.



You have to cut fat too when cutting? What kind of fats?


Nope. Don't have to. But can.

I'd very much rather people just cut carbs to cut weight,

but if they're already on the lower end of carbs and need the carbs for working out/athletics then to drop weight its better to cut out fat instead.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-15 03:19:55
September 15 2011 03:19 GMT
#11671


Ok cool, I am still experimenting on how to cut right. My cut last time was pretty poor and I had to sit in the hot tub the day before weigh in. I am 6 weeks out from a comp, and maybe I should clean up my diet a little bit right now haha.
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Metallingus
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Philippines468 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-15 03:22:53
September 15 2011 03:20 GMT
#11672
5x5x140 squats (a little below parallel, not quite ATG)
5x5x80 press (stalled twice finally made it!)
1x5x180 deadlift

Feels good to be getting those numbers up again. I might stall on the squats to improve technique though, I feel myself losing tightness just before hitting / getting out of the hole.

To anyone planning on going 5x5 - don't pressure yourselves to squat 220 by week 12 at the expense of technique.

"Technique, technique, technique." - Ed Coan
Overcome all. Especially plateaus.
Guaska
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil12 Posts
September 15 2011 03:30 GMT
#11673
First, a little background:
I've been lurking on TLHF since february, never felt the need to actually post, but i told myself i would after i reached some level of progress i saw as reasonable.

At first, i was reading only out of curiosity and boredom at work, but i started to get motivated by you guys, so i decided to lose some weight when my family was away, just to show them that i wasn`t leaner because i didn't want to be. It worked really well, i did sprinting and a low carb paleo diet for something like 10 days, and the results spoke for themselves when people looked at me surprised.

The next months, i started boxing again, lost some more weight, while trying to eat healthier than usual (it's not easy to go paleo when you live with your parents). But after a while i got tired of that, mainly because i had no real boxing buddies, the ones training at the same time i as me were either total begginers, or way more advanced than me, both cases made sparring not that fun.

Wich leads me to june, when i decided "fuck this shit, i'll try this SS i've been reading so much about".

So, here are my starting stats:

Nick: Guaska
Age: 20 / Height: 1,70m / Weight: 72kg
Sarting date: 08/06/2011 (sorry, i'll be using dates the way they make sense, day/month/year)
Squat - 38 kg
Bench - 46 kg
Deadlift - 42 kg
OHP - 32 kg
Powerclean - 32 kg

Now, my current stats, after around 3 months on SS as of 14/09/2011, and goals to 01/12/2011

Weight: 76 kg (at around 20% bf) -> 78 kg
Squat: 104 kg -> 126 kg
Bench: 74 kg -> 85 kg
Deadlift: 120kg -> 150 kg
OHP: 50 kg -> 60 kg
Powerclean: 66kg -> 76 kg
Chinups/Pullups (+10kg): 9-8-6 -> (+15 kg) -> 10-10-10

I decided to add chins/pulls at the end of every workout because i really like them, and only see people speaking well of them.

Recently i started taking fish oil, and my new job makes me stay out in the sun a lot, so i don't think i need to suplement on vitamin D. I try to eat as close to paleo as i can, no bread, close to no grains. The problem is my dad loves to make pasta, and i can't refuse his cooking very often. I've also been doing 1/2 GOMAD, for purposes of fullfiling my extra kcal/day.


I can't finish my post and not complain about people at my gym. I really get and urge to roar at any moron that says something along the lines of "72kg is to heavy for you to squat at your size". I ignore them, but i really want to scream "BITCH, that ain't even a work set, i'm just warming up over here". It's really weird, very few people squat, the one who do, use the dreaded smith machine, don,t go anywhere near paralel and have been squatting the exact same weight since i started there. I'm also the only one who does deadlifts and powercleans, so i had to learn to draw power from the weird looks i get.

That was i long one, i hope by posting i can get even more motivated.
Orpheos
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1663 Posts
September 15 2011 03:45 GMT
#11674
So Ive been on the overweight side since highschool. Finally this summer I gained 20 pounds to 220 and with interviews for real jobs coming up I decided I needed a change. Cut my carbs(precious precious rice >_<) and started running HIIT daily as well as a bunch of push-ups every other day.

diet is
an egg and 8oz coffee in the morning
salad with lean chicken and minimal balsamic for lunch
either ground beef or chicken breast and random vegetables for dinner

I have to say I am pleasantly surprised how much my appetite has decreased. its hasnt been hard at all the keep the diet up. although I do get cravings on the weekends when Im just sitting around.

all in all Ive dropped 15 pounds in 2 weeks, although I think thats just the easy stuff that I put on recently. My long term goal is like 170-180, but not in a terrible rush tbh. Im just surprised how easy it was to make a change.
Velocirapture
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States983 Posts
September 15 2011 03:48 GMT
#11675
On September 15 2011 12:30 Guaska wrote:
First, a little background:
I've been lurking on TLHF since february, never felt the need to actually post, but i told myself i would after i reached some level of progress i saw as reasonable.

At first, i was reading only out of curiosity and boredom at work, but i started to get motivated by you guys, so i decided to lose some weight when my family was away, just to show them that i wasn`t leaner because i didn't want to be. It worked really well, i did sprinting and a low carb paleo diet for something like 10 days, and the results spoke for themselves when people looked at me surprised.

The next months, i started boxing again, lost some more weight, while trying to eat healthier than usual (it's not easy to go paleo when you live with your parents). But after a while i got tired of that, mainly because i had no real boxing buddies, the ones training at the same time i as me were either total begginers, or way more advanced than me, both cases made sparring not that fun.

Wich leads me to june, when i decided "fuck this shit, i'll try this SS i've been reading so much about".

So, here are my starting stats:

Nick: Guaska
Age: 20 / Height: 1,70m / Weight: 72kg
Sarting date: 08/06/2011 (sorry, i'll be using dates the way they make sense, day/month/year)
Squat - 38 kg
Bench - 46 kg
Deadlift - 42 kg
OHP - 32 kg
Powerclean - 32 kg

Now, my current stats, after around 3 months on SS as of 14/09/2011, and goals to 01/12/2011

Weight: 76 kg (at around 20% bf) -> 78 kg
Squat: 104 kg -> 126 kg
Bench: 74 kg -> 85 kg
Deadlift: 120kg -> 150 kg
OHP: 50 kg -> 60 kg
Powerclean: 66kg -> 76 kg
Chinups/Pullups (+10kg): 9-8-6 -> (+15 kg) -> 10-10-10

I decided to add chins/pulls at the end of every workout because i really like them, and only see people speaking well of them.

Recently i started taking fish oil, and my new job makes me stay out in the sun a lot, so i don't think i need to suplement on vitamin D. I try to eat as close to paleo as i can, no bread, close to no grains. The problem is my dad loves to make pasta, and i can't refuse his cooking very often. I've also been doing 1/2 GOMAD, for purposes of fullfiling my extra kcal/day.


I can't finish my post and not complain about people at my gym. I really get and urge to roar at any moron that says something along the lines of "72kg is to heavy for you to squat at your size". I ignore them, but i really want to scream "BITCH, that ain't even a work set, i'm just warming up over here". It's really weird, very few people squat, the one who do, use the dreaded smith machine, don,t go anywhere near paralel and have been squatting the exact same weight since i started there. I'm also the only one who does deadlifts and powercleans, so i had to learn to draw power from the weird looks i get.

That was i long one, i hope by posting i can get even more motivated.


It is crazy to me that non-trainer gym goers critique people while they are working out. At my gym I have never seen this even when somebody is basically just hurting themselves
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
September 15 2011 04:43 GMT
#11676
On September 15 2011 12:48 Velocirapture wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 15 2011 12:30 Guaska wrote:
First, a little background:
I've been lurking on TLHF since february, never felt the need to actually post, but i told myself i would after i reached some level of progress i saw as reasonable.

At first, i was reading only out of curiosity and boredom at work, but i started to get motivated by you guys, so i decided to lose some weight when my family was away, just to show them that i wasn`t leaner because i didn't want to be. It worked really well, i did sprinting and a low carb paleo diet for something like 10 days, and the results spoke for themselves when people looked at me surprised.

The next months, i started boxing again, lost some more weight, while trying to eat healthier than usual (it's not easy to go paleo when you live with your parents). But after a while i got tired of that, mainly because i had no real boxing buddies, the ones training at the same time i as me were either total begginers, or way more advanced than me, both cases made sparring not that fun.

Wich leads me to june, when i decided "fuck this shit, i'll try this SS i've been reading so much about".

So, here are my starting stats:

Nick: Guaska
Age: 20 / Height: 1,70m / Weight: 72kg
Sarting date: 08/06/2011 (sorry, i'll be using dates the way they make sense, day/month/year)
Squat - 38 kg
Bench - 46 kg
Deadlift - 42 kg
OHP - 32 kg
Powerclean - 32 kg

Now, my current stats, after around 3 months on SS as of 14/09/2011, and goals to 01/12/2011

Weight: 76 kg (at around 20% bf) -> 78 kg
Squat: 104 kg -> 126 kg
Bench: 74 kg -> 85 kg
Deadlift: 120kg -> 150 kg
OHP: 50 kg -> 60 kg
Powerclean: 66kg -> 76 kg
Chinups/Pullups (+10kg): 9-8-6 -> (+15 kg) -> 10-10-10

I decided to add chins/pulls at the end of every workout because i really like them, and only see people speaking well of them.

Recently i started taking fish oil, and my new job makes me stay out in the sun a lot, so i don't think i need to suplement on vitamin D. I try to eat as close to paleo as i can, no bread, close to no grains. The problem is my dad loves to make pasta, and i can't refuse his cooking very often. I've also been doing 1/2 GOMAD, for purposes of fullfiling my extra kcal/day.


I can't finish my post and not complain about people at my gym. I really get and urge to roar at any moron that says something along the lines of "72kg is to heavy for you to squat at your size". I ignore them, but i really want to scream "BITCH, that ain't even a work set, i'm just warming up over here". It's really weird, very few people squat, the one who do, use the dreaded smith machine, don,t go anywhere near paralel and have been squatting the exact same weight since i started there. I'm also the only one who does deadlifts and powercleans, so i had to learn to draw power from the weird looks i get.

That was i long one, i hope by posting i can get even more motivated.


It is crazy to me that non-trainer gym goers critique people while they are working out. At my gym I have never seen this even when somebody is basically just hurting themselves


I feel like I'm so filled with knowledge from this thread, so if I see someone new I personally like giving pointers even though I'm not super qualified. I approach them friendely, but I only do so for real beginners. If I see someone squating 95lbs and they still only manage to go down a quarter (suprisingly too many people at my gym) I like to give them advice and explain why it is better to do.

Some people don't want it, but most do, and it's silly to be watching people waste their time in the gym and not help them, especially when they are trying to improve.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
Kamais_Ookin
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada4218 Posts
September 15 2011 04:50 GMT
#11677
That's pretty nice of you FiWiFaKi, I wish more people are like you when it comes to helping. As you probably know, some people are assholes/idiots when they are telling someone in the gym what to do, hell it's happened to me a few times.
I <3 Plexa.
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
September 15 2011 05:04 GMT
#11678
I hope there is a FiWiFaKi at my new gym when I start next week...I am not very confident in my form.
Ruyguy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada988 Posts
September 15 2011 05:13 GMT
#11679
anyone else take the latter end of summer off from the gym and are now heading back? These first few days of working out have made me sooooo sore.
Kamais_Ookin
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada4218 Posts
September 15 2011 05:22 GMT
#11680
On September 15 2011 14:04 Lemonwalrus wrote:
I hope there is a FiWiFaKi at my new gym when I start next week...I am not very confident in my form.
Yeah, every gym could use a FiWiFaKi!
I <3 Plexa.
Prev 1 582 583 584 585 586 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1119
WardiTV451
OGKoka 171
Liquipedia
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Afreeca ASL 11693
StarCastTV_EN311
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko390
OGKoka 171
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 13483
Bisu 4841
FanTaSy 3775
Shuttle 1715
Jaedong 1484
BeSt 947
actioN 781
EffOrt 606
Horang2 488
Larva 270
[ Show more ]
Leta 259
Zeus 249
Dewaltoss 116
Barracks 114
Mind 111
Sexy 83
JYJ 75
Mong 73
scan(afreeca) 61
sorry 57
ToSsGirL 52
Shinee 49
Sea.KH 46
Killer 41
Bale 35
sSak 34
soO 31
Free 26
Aegong 22
HiyA 15
Sacsri 10
zelot 10
yabsab 8
Dota 2
Gorgc2278
Dendi637
XaKoH 385
Counter-Strike
x6flipin253
Other Games
singsing2435
olofmeister1302
B2W.Neo561
crisheroes315
Pyrionflax206
Livibee146
dupreeh102
XBOCT78
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick590
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 181
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1469
Other Games
• WagamamaTV175
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4h 2m
Replay Cast
11h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 2m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
23h 2m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC S3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.