• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:31
CEST 11:31
KST 18:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9197 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 566

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 564 565 566 567 568 730 Next
Ohnoes92
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden76 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-10 13:51:25
September 10 2011 13:48 GMT
#11301
A small progress update, and goals to be reached before 2012. Weight is work sets in SS.

Height is 186cm/ 6'1"
Weight: 68kg/150 lbs. Goal: 75kg/165lbs.
Squat: 77,5kg/171lbs. Goal: 100kg/220lbs.
Deadlift: 85kg/187lbs. Goal: 115kg/154lbs.
Bench: 55kg/121lbs. Goal: 75kg/165lbs.
Powerclean: 52,5kg/116lbs. Goal: 70kg/154lbs.
Press: 32,5kg/76lbs Goal: 42,5kg/94lbs.

Now i just need to eat moar
Ohai!
Earll
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Norway847 Posts
September 10 2011 13:59 GMT
#11302
On September 10 2011 20:50 Snapplecakes wrote:
i use the chewables, doesent really matter either way.. i cant find Xtend here in norway form any stores, gotta order it from england i think or sweden


Yeah I couldnt find it either, I was at gymgrossisten today and I just went for this http://gymgrossisten.no/6/no/artiklar/aminosyrer-6/bcaa/bcaa-xplode which will hopefully get the job done ;P I was also at several different stores looking for shoes , but I came to the conclussion that the shoes I use for everydaylife at the moment are pretty much flat soled, so i'll just use them for now.
Wat
Snapplecakes
Profile Joined May 2011
Norway78 Posts
September 10 2011 14:05 GMT
#11303
i just use converse for lifting, deadlift i go barefeet though
SQUATS AND OATS!
inimenesc
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Estonia374 Posts
September 10 2011 14:16 GMT
#11304
I cant figure out why my squats are so weak, i bp and power clean the same weight what i squat with (60kg) and i can deadlift 110kg 1x5 so my legs like arent weak but they are, i think i just need to train and wait for my squat to catch up.

I use my flatheeled nike basketballtrainers for lifting and raised heel adidads for running. For weightlifting everything flatheeled is right is the common thinking here, but i think Manilor used raised heels.
"When game is going full retard, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half retard, you´re fucking done for." -n0tail 2014
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
September 10 2011 14:24 GMT
#11305
On September 10 2011 23:16 inimenesc wrote:
I cant figure out why my squats are so weak, i bp and power clean the same weight what i squat with (60kg) and i can deadlift 110kg 1x5 so my legs like arent weak but they are, i think i just need to train and wait for my squat to catch up.

I use my flatheeled nike basketballtrainers for lifting and raised heel adidads for running. For weightlifting everything flatheeled is right is the common thinking here, but i think Manilor used raised heels.

Need to see a vid
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
September 10 2011 14:31 GMT
#11306
On September 10 2011 23:16 inimenesc wrote:
I cant figure out why my squats are so weak, i bp and power clean the same weight what i squat with (60kg) and i can deadlift 110kg 1x5 so my legs like arent weak but they are, i think i just need to train and wait for my squat to catch up.

I use my flatheeled nike basketballtrainers for lifting and raised heel adidads for running. For weightlifting everything flatheeled is right is the common thinking here, but i think Manilor used raised heels.


Your height/weight are too skewed towards height to be a really good squatter ... seriously, I know that at my height, every 1kg I put onto my body weight is like +3kg in squat, and every 1kg I take off of my body weight is -3kg in squat.

Speaking of squats ... I need another form check.



Anybody? I thought that was A LOT deeper than it actually turned out to be.
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
September 10 2011 14:38 GMT
#11307
On September 10 2011 23:31 RosaParksStoleMySeat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2011 23:16 inimenesc wrote:
I cant figure out why my squats are so weak, i bp and power clean the same weight what i squat with (60kg) and i can deadlift 110kg 1x5 so my legs like arent weak but they are, i think i just need to train and wait for my squat to catch up.

I use my flatheeled nike basketballtrainers for lifting and raised heel adidads for running. For weightlifting everything flatheeled is right is the common thinking here, but i think Manilor used raised heels.


Your height/weight are too skewed towards height to be a really good squatter ... seriously, I know that at my height, every 1kg I put onto my body weight is like +3kg in squat, and every 1kg I take off of my body weight is -3kg in squat.

Speaking of squats ... I need another form check.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nccTDnEfjqw

Anybody? I thought that was A LOT deeper than it actually turned out to be.


Need to go slightly deeper otherwise looks good.

Need more of a side angle though IMO.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Advocado
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Denmark994 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-10 15:05:46
September 10 2011 14:41 GMT
#11308
Saw possibly the weirdest thing in my gym yesterday. Two guys were doing one dumbbell press (or something) over their head. They spent like 30 min trying to get eachother rilled up enough to press it over their head by walking across the gym floor really angry/grunty lol. They looked pretty strong, think it was a 42kg dumbbell or something. Had to supress quite some laughter though.

and then they went benchpressing in the cage.

Sitting here reading through SL 5x5 and at one point they put out some numbers that ones based on 10% bodyfat an potential muscle along with height is something along these lines. Me being

· 5'8” => max 190lbs
· 5'10” => max 199lbs
· 6'0” => max 207lbs
· 6'2” => max 216lbs
http://www.twitch.tv/advocadosc2
inimenesc
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Estonia374 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-10 15:48:38
September 10 2011 14:48 GMT
#11309
Also guys, do cardio home with fun involved:
+ Show Spoiler +

Its a playlist of about 30 songs, few i cant play. Rasputin is great one, love it.

played the game at friends house and after 5-6 dances i was done. This morning i danced for 1h and it felt like 1h running. Fun and entertaining version to get fit, better with the game because then you can kill the scores, but i find it fun to dance alone too. A bit weird when family comes, but othervise fine!

I dont think i even go as deep as RosaParksStoleMySeat goes. So i need to take off some weights and start from nothing i think. I cant make a video because i dont have anything that can make it and my friend keeps dodging the gym, lazy bastard.
"When game is going full retard, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half retard, you´re fucking done for." -n0tail 2014
Nazarene
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Denmark996 Posts
September 10 2011 14:52 GMT
#11310
Had my first day of Coan-Phillipi yesterday.

2x150 kg,
8x3 speed deadlifts of 120 kg,
8x3 of stiff leg deadlift, bent over rows, weighted chinups and good mornings. Went kinda easy on the accessory lifts as I haven't done much stiff leg deadlifts and good mornings before.

Was easy, but it'll get hard fast :-D should still be very doable to reach the 200 kg. within the 10 weeks with all that volume.
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
September 10 2011 14:55 GMT
#11311
On September 10 2011 23:38 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2011 23:31 RosaParksStoleMySeat wrote:
On September 10 2011 23:16 inimenesc wrote:
I cant figure out why my squats are so weak, i bp and power clean the same weight what i squat with (60kg) and i can deadlift 110kg 1x5 so my legs like arent weak but they are, i think i just need to train and wait for my squat to catch up.

I use my flatheeled nike basketballtrainers for lifting and raised heel adidads for running. For weightlifting everything flatheeled is right is the common thinking here, but i think Manilor used raised heels.


Your height/weight are too skewed towards height to be a really good squatter ... seriously, I know that at my height, every 1kg I put onto my body weight is like +3kg in squat, and every 1kg I take off of my body weight is -3kg in squat.

Speaking of squats ... I need another form check.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nccTDnEfjqw

Anybody? I thought that was A LOT deeper than it actually turned out to be.


Need to go slightly deeper otherwise looks good.

Need more of a side angle though IMO.


Honestly, I think it was just the angle that made the depth look skewed. Here's a side angle of 122.5 from about a week ago. (Skip to 25 seconds in)



Below parallel ... for some reason I just can't go ATG.
Nazarene
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Denmark996 Posts
September 10 2011 15:01 GMT
#11312
On September 10 2011 23:55 RosaParksStoleMySeat wrote:

Below parallel ... for some reason I just can't go ATG.


Being a CF instructor, I see many, many people who can't go ATG. Some people are just naturally more flexible I guess. Doesn't matter as long as you go below parallel (which you clearly do)
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-10 15:04:19
September 10 2011 15:03 GMT
#11313
On September 11 2011 00:01 Nazarene wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2011 23:55 RosaParksStoleMySeat wrote:

Below parallel ... for some reason I just can't go ATG.


Being a CF instructor, I see many, many people who can't go ATG. Some people are just naturally more flexible I guess. Doesn't matter as long as you go below parallel (which you clearly do)


The strange thing is I can front squat ATG no problem.

I should honestly just switch to front squat 100% of the time. Back squat is so frustrating for me -_-.
inimenesc
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Estonia374 Posts
September 10 2011 15:12 GMT
#11314
I find front squats easier too, i can do 50kg front squat ass to the ground ezz. I do them in the end of powercleans, just to get some flexibility
"When game is going full retard, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half retard, you´re fucking done for." -n0tail 2014
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
September 10 2011 15:20 GMT
#11315
Your squat looks completely fine to me, and you surely have enough depth.

I hate Front Squats, my back always goes too far forward and I have to hold the weight in place with my hands, and I don't really know why this happens all the time. Will take a form-check video soon I guess.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
vicariouscheese
Profile Joined June 2010
United States589 Posts
September 10 2011 15:23 GMT
#11316
On September 10 2011 08:40 Earll wrote:
And I guess just go AxBxAx ? Would it be a bad idea to just go AxBxAxBxAx continually?


Since this hasn't been answered explicitly, the SS program is AxBxAxxBxAxBxx (that's two weeks). If you are following it strictly, you don't do cardio except for a warmup to your workouts, as that gets in the way of your progress if you do anything on your rest days besides rest

Yesterday's workout:
front squat 66kg
OHP 38kg (so weak, and need to deload already -_-)
deadlift 116kg, 4 reps

got some work to do...
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
September 10 2011 15:27 GMT
#11317
On September 11 2011 00:20 Malinor wrote:
Your squat looks completely fine to me, and you surely have enough depth.

I hate Front Squats, my back always goes too far forward and I have to hold the weight in place with my hands, and I don't really know why this happens all the time. Will take a form-check video soon I guess.


That's generally attributed to a weak upper back, limited shoulder/wrist flexibility, or trying to do too much weight. It can also be caused by weak quads which forces you to compensate by leaning forward excessively.

I can front squat 90% of my backsquat weight for some reason, even though I've never really extensively trained front squat. It just comes naturally to me, mainly because it suits my anatomy a lot better than back squat. Long femurs generally makes for better front squatters .
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
September 10 2011 15:29 GMT
#11318
Yeah, the side vid shows the depth better. that's fine then.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-10 15:30:51
September 10 2011 15:30 GMT
#11319
On September 10 2011 23:48 inimenesc wrote:
Also guys, do cardio home with fun involved:
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPqvdLubQ2M&feature=rellist&playnext=1&list=PL97ADBCEE19545B79


Its a playlist of about 30 songs, few i cant play. Rasputin is great one, love it.

played the game at friends house and after 5-6 dances i was done. This morning i danced for 1h and it felt like 1h running. Fun and entertaining version to get fit, better with the game because then you can kill the scores, but i find it fun to dance alone too. A bit weird when family comes, but othervise fine!

I dont think i even go as deep as RosaParksStoleMySeat goes. So i need to take off some weights and start from nothing i think. I cant make a video because i dont have anything that can make it and my friend keeps dodging the gym, lazy bastard.

lolol yeah I was playing my friend's kinect dance game and it was super fun & got me sweating like crazy
Official Entusman #21
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-10 15:43:19
September 10 2011 15:42 GMT
#11320
On September 11 2011 00:27 RosaParksStoleMySeat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2011 00:20 Malinor wrote:
Your squat looks completely fine to me, and you surely have enough depth.

I hate Front Squats, my back always goes too far forward and I have to hold the weight in place with my hands, and I don't really know why this happens all the time. Will take a form-check video soon I guess.


That's generally attributed to a weak upper back, limited shoulder/wrist flexibility, or trying to do too much weight. It can also be caused by weak quads which forces you to compensate by leaning forward excessively.

I can front squat 90% of my backsquat weight for some reason, even though I've never really extensively trained front squat. It just comes naturally to me, mainly because it suits my anatomy a lot better than back squat. Long femurs generally makes for better front squatters .


I have never really maxed my Front Squats and trained them far less then Back Squats, so of course they lack behind. But I believe my best set of 5 on FS was 120 or sth, and BS 192,5, so there is quite massive problem.

Shoulder flexibility is certainly a problem, I can see that in the mirror while squatting. Quads are highly unlikely, upper back I actually don't know, but the lockout is also my weakest part of the deadlift, so there might be something to it.

Anyway, it is all a work in progress, and at the moment I have my hannds full with fixing my actual BS problems.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
Prev 1 564 565 566 567 568 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech6
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 410
Horang2 320
Larva 269
EffOrt 247
Mind 65
Hyun 55
scan(afreeca) 47
sorry 45
Pusan 43
ggaemo 43
[ Show more ]
Killer 42
NotJumperer 42
Bale 41
Sharp 33
Sacsri 19
Shinee 19
Barracks 18
Yoon 15
Hm[arnc] 12
Noble 5
Dota 2
febbydoto110
League of Legends
JimRising 415
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1209
edward536
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King120
Other Games
summit1g8077
ceh9649
Happy319
crisheroes189
Sick175
dupreeh65
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick594
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2271
League of Legends
• Jankos1204
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
29m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1h 29m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
14h 29m
Patches Events
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.