• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:28
CEST 08:28
KST 15:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9439 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 565

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 563 564 565 566 567 730 Next
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-10 00:03:07
September 10 2011 00:00 GMT
#11281
On September 10 2011 08:40 Earll wrote:

And I guess just go AxBxAx ? Would it be a bad idea to just go AxBxAxBxAx continually? Guess I can throw in an extra rest day after every other A. Should I fully rest on the x days though, or would I see improved results by doing cardio (say something like doing p90x's Kenpo X or Jump Training some other program towards cardio) on 3 of the 'off'days a week? or do I 'need' to rest those days?


As a beginner you need the rest days. As you progress you can add more workouts, ect. For now just stick to the program!

Here is some stuff to explain a bit more: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/beginning-weight-training-part-1.html

Edit:

3 days of weights is enough, if you want to add cardio that's up to you. It's harder on your body and you'll need to eat more as I understand.
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
September 10 2011 00:49 GMT
#11282
On September 10 2011 08:55 Hurricane wrote:
I killed it yesterday, I still have trouble standing up, work was hell.

Squat is up to 255 and DL up to 295 though, I fucking love deadlift days.


I love days where I progress, doesn't matter the exercise. When my squat is stuck, I love to deadlift. When my deadlift stalls I clean so much you'd think I was going to the olympics. When my clean gets held back, I love to squat again.

But mostly I love deadlift days. Still going to get that third Fucking plate soon!
Tulius
Profile Joined June 2011
Brazil52 Posts
September 10 2011 01:00 GMT
#11283
On September 10 2011 08:40 Earll wrote:


I am sort of thinking maybe Leangains might not be for me as I am a relative novice level in lifting\whatever, but then again I figure if its beneficial at one level of training I don't see why it wouldnt be at a lower level. So that is probably what i will go ahead with now unless someone wiser has any objects, leaving me with the main 2 questions of should I\can I\ will i see better results with doing cardio on the non SS days, and what BCAA do I get.


Don't do cardio while on leangains and SS.
You'll probably lose some weight without cardio until you figure out/get used to the amount off food you have to eat each meal.

about the BCAA: Martin indicates Purple Wraath (from controlled labs iirc) or Xtend, if you can find those. If not, look for BCAA without stuff added to it (avoid ones with carbs, glutamine and this kind of shit)
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
September 10 2011 01:04 GMT
#11284
Froadac's eat a foodton of stuff a day quest: Ate four eggs + obligatory toast + nutella for breakfast. Two ham and cheese sandwiches + banana + 1 pint 2% milk for lunch. Yogurt & 2 pint skim milk when got home.

Going to have some low fat pizza + pasta for dinner. ANd some corn. If i don't finish everything that is cooked I will be disappointed lol.
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-10 02:07:51
September 10 2011 02:06 GMT
#11285
1 week into my restart after my injury and I'm about back to where I was when I re-injured it 2 months ago. Barring needing to slow down, I'm going to be Deadlifting more weight than I own a week from Monday...so I'm starting to look at gyms around here. Other than that I'm sorta concerned that my form might not be good since I work out alone and I don't know anyone personally that knows the lifts..but I'll try to figure it out at the gym.

Also, has anyone else started from really skinny (5'10" and ~150 lbs) and used SS to bulk up? If so, what kind of diet should I adhere to? So far I've just been "eating real food, and lots of it" as much as possible.

Also...when should I start looking into supplements?

Edit: My PT basically said that I'll never get rid of the pain, but we can work to get the ankle more stable. So that kinda sucks.
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-10 03:17:16
September 10 2011 03:16 GMT
#11286
On September 10 2011 11:06 Lemonwalrus wrote:
1 week into my restart after my injury and I'm about back to where I was when I re-injure
Also, has anyone else started from really skinny (5'10" and ~150 lbs) and used SS to bulk up? If so, what kind of diet should I adhere to? So far I've just been "eating real food, and lots of it" as much as possible.

Also...when should I start looking into supplements?


Those were close to my initial stats in first year when I started lifting, and right now I'm 6'0 ~195 with pretty decent lifts..I didn't even have a structured plan until mid-second year so if you actually follow something like SS and eat properly I can guaran-damn-tee you that it'll work.

The hardest part was forsaking my abs to shovel down the calories, but when your numbers are going up it really stops mattering

Started working back into cleans today for the first real time since my hand injury in January, lost a lot of flexibility to get into the rack position Did up to 175lbs with a decent pull...185 or 190 was the weight I fucked myself up with, so hopefully I smash it soon.

Finished up with some bench, accessory chest work, and some farmer's walk (Sjarl, you're fucking insane. You train with 80kg, I was using 85lb dumbbells and my forearms are shot. Respect)
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
jjhchsc2
Profile Joined December 2010
Korea (South)2393 Posts
September 10 2011 03:18 GMT
#11287
On September 10 2011 04:58 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2011 04:21 Velocirapture wrote:
On September 10 2011 04:06 phyre112 wrote:
On September 10 2011 03:26 Velocirapture wrote:
A lot of people on here seem to believe protein supplements should be avoided if possible (only used if you can't meet your daily requirements for Cal and protein) but my PT advises me that I should have 30g of protein within 30min of completing my workout. While I can get all the protein and Cal I need from regular food, most protein requires preparation and in order to meet that time frame I use a supplement powder. Just figured id put that little bit o' info out there.


Broscience, I do believe. If you workout fasted, there's an advantage to taking a pre-workout drink, usually something based around bcaas for the quick absorption. If you don't workout fasted (for example I like to way three hours before workout) then you are still digesting food, and there are plenty of amino acids in your bloodstream. Just make sure that you do eventually eat something before you go to bed, because i'm sure a pre workout meal doesn't have ALL your calories.


Broscience seems a little strong a term . Most fitness claims like the ones he makes are the product of numerous case studies and common sense science. The man is fully educated and accredited so im inclined to believe its not pulled out of his ass.

That being said my degree is in molecular bio not anatomy and physiology so I am forced to defer to his greater experience. I would imagine that the timing of nutritional intake should matter somewhat from what I know (the entire digestion process is quite long and food does not act as an 8 hour time release capsule of energy) but the specifics as far as its interaction with muscle growth and exercise (chronologically) were not part of my eduction.


I'm only repeating leangains information. I'll see if I can find the article, but I remember the argument being that there was a very limited (not statistically significant) increase in muscle synthesis with a POST workout shake, but that it was very important (statistically significant) to have some amino acids available to the body before and during the workout. It's pre-WO that's critical, not post.

Also, I don't think anyone is outright arguing that protein shakes are useless. I take them myself on days where I find myself strapped for time, or on particularly hard days where I think it will help my recovery. But most of the time, I think it's superior to get your protein from real food sources (meat, fish, eggs).


so what should your preworkout meal consist of mainly?
i usually have a small can of tuna and about 4 slices of cheese with some water.
anyway to make sure you have enough amino acids?
ps i usually have my preworkout 1-2 hours before and i usually eat rice, meat and veggies for post workout with some milk before i sleep.
are there symptoms to not having enough protein in your diet while working out?
pss hope your shoulder gets better.
Lee Ssang/ Lee Shin/ Kim Jung Woo/ Kim Min Chul/Jun Tae Yang/Park Soo Ho/Lee Jung Hoon/Choi Sung Hoon/ Moon Sung Won/Park Ji Soo/ Lee Ho Joon/ Jang Min Chul/ Kim Seung Chul/SaSe/IdrA/Ret Fighting! BW4Life
RemedySC
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada176 Posts
September 10 2011 03:19 GMT
#11288
Today's workout...

Squat: 160lbs 3x5 (had to deload after failing 205 lbs 3 times in a row.)
Bench: 135lbs 3x4 (wasn't able to finish the fifth rep on any sets, probably redo.)
Deadlift: 225lbs 1x5 (highest DL so far and it felt really easy. :D)
Chin-up: 6-6-4
Legraise: 3x15

I am really enjoying SS, although i'm not sure where my numbers should be before I move onto another program. Squats and Press are stalling quite a bit now and not too sure if i'll be able to get them higher.
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
September 10 2011 03:22 GMT
#11289
On September 10 2011 12:19 RemedySC wrote:
Today's workout...

Squat: 160lbs 3x5 (had to deload after failing 205 lbs 3 times in a row.)
Bench: 135lbs 3x4 (wasn't able to finish the fifth rep on any sets, probably redo.)
Deadlift: 225lbs 1x5 (highest DL so far and it felt really easy. :D)
Chin-up: 6-6-4
Legraise: 3x15

I am really enjoying SS, although i'm not sure where my numbers should be before I move onto another program. Squats and Press are stalling quite a bit now and not too sure if i'll be able to get them higher.


I may have missed it in the thread, but what are your height/weight? Your lifts are looking good so far, but if you're not plateauing yet there's no reason to move on from SS!
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
September 10 2011 03:24 GMT
#11290
On September 10 2011 12:18 jjhchsc2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2011 04:58 phyre112 wrote:
On September 10 2011 04:21 Velocirapture wrote:
On September 10 2011 04:06 phyre112 wrote:
On September 10 2011 03:26 Velocirapture wrote:
A lot of people on here seem to believe protein supplements should be avoided if possible (only used if you can't meet your daily requirements for Cal and protein) but my PT advises me that I should have 30g of protein within 30min of completing my workout. While I can get all the protein and Cal I need from regular food, most protein requires preparation and in order to meet that time frame I use a supplement powder. Just figured id put that little bit o' info out there.


Broscience, I do believe. If you workout fasted, there's an advantage to taking a pre-workout drink, usually something based around bcaas for the quick absorption. If you don't workout fasted (for example I like to way three hours before workout) then you are still digesting food, and there are plenty of amino acids in your bloodstream. Just make sure that you do eventually eat something before you go to bed, because i'm sure a pre workout meal doesn't have ALL your calories.


Broscience seems a little strong a term . Most fitness claims like the ones he makes are the product of numerous case studies and common sense science. The man is fully educated and accredited so im inclined to believe its not pulled out of his ass.

That being said my degree is in molecular bio not anatomy and physiology so I am forced to defer to his greater experience. I would imagine that the timing of nutritional intake should matter somewhat from what I know (the entire digestion process is quite long and food does not act as an 8 hour time release capsule of energy) but the specifics as far as its interaction with muscle growth and exercise (chronologically) were not part of my eduction.


I'm only repeating leangains information. I'll see if I can find the article, but I remember the argument being that there was a very limited (not statistically significant) increase in muscle synthesis with a POST workout shake, but that it was very important (statistically significant) to have some amino acids available to the body before and during the workout. It's pre-WO that's critical, not post.

Also, I don't think anyone is outright arguing that protein shakes are useless. I take them myself on days where I find myself strapped for time, or on particularly hard days where I think it will help my recovery. But most of the time, I think it's superior to get your protein from real food sources (meat, fish, eggs).


so what should your preworkout meal consist of mainly?
i usually have a small can of tuna and about 4 slices of cheese with some water.
anyway to make sure you have enough amino acids?
ps i usually have my preworkout 1-2 hours before and i usually eat rice, meat and veggies for post workout with some milk before i sleep.
are there symptoms to not having enough protein in your diet while working out?
pss hope your shoulder gets better.


If you don't have enough protein, your body can't completely rebuild your muscles. Your body is a house and protein is the brick and mortar!

Also, two hours before workout seems a bit early for any pre's..I thought half an hour or so was the best timeframe, but maybe I'm wrong on this one.
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-10 03:31:11
September 10 2011 03:28 GMT
#11291
On September 10 2011 11:06 Lemonwalrus wrote:
1 week into my restart after my injury and I'm about back to where I was when I re-injured it 2 months ago. Barring needing to slow down, I'm going to be Deadlifting more weight than I own a week from Monday...so I'm starting to look at gyms around here. Other than that I'm sorta concerned that my form might not be good since I work out alone and I don't know anyone personally that knows the lifts..but I'll try to figure it out at the gym.

Also, has anyone else started from really skinny (5'10" and ~150 lbs) and used SS to bulk up? If so, what kind of diet should I adhere to? So far I've just been "eating real food, and lots of it" as much as possible.

Also...when should I start looking into supplements?

Edit: My PT basically said that I'll never get rid of the pain, but we can work to get the ankle more stable. So that kinda sucks.


I started august of last year 6'3 135 lbs or so. I'm 176 now. All I did was SS, and count calories - I made sure to get at least 2700 a day, even though I wasn't great at measuring portion sizes. As I've gotten better at measuring portion sizes, my calorie requirements have unfortunately increased... So I'm stuck. Still working on gaining more weight.

But yeah, if you're looking to get big, either eat 4-5 "filling" meals a day, or 3 until you're "uncomfortably full" I suppose. Stick to real foods - things that grow on trees or come directly from animals.


On September 10 2011 12:24 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
If you don't have enough protein, your body can't completely rebuild your muscles. Your body is a house and protein is the brick and mortar!

Also, two hours before workout seems a bit early for any pre's..I thought half an hour or so was the best timeframe, but maybe I'm wrong on this one.


That's true. Getting enough protein to rebuild your muscles is crucial - 1g protein/kg BW you aim to weigh is what I'd heard was "minimum" - but there was a study about pro bodybuilders going as high as 4g/kg a while back with no negative side effects.

two hours before depends on how big the pre workout meal is... I'm eating 1200-1400 calories, or even more during that meal, so I want to definitely give myself time to start digesting. If you're just having a can of tuna and a pint of milk, you can make it much sooner.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
September 10 2011 03:34 GMT
#11292
On September 09 2011 16:13 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 15:56 thedeadhaji wrote:
I keep failing 125lb snatch GRRRRRRRRRRRR


MAN UP AND DO IT HAJI RARRRRR


Decaf I did it!
RemedySC
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada176 Posts
September 10 2011 03:44 GMT
#11293
On September 10 2011 12:22 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2011 12:19 RemedySC wrote:
Today's workout...

Squat: 160lbs 3x5 (had to deload after failing 205 lbs 3 times in a row.)
Bench: 135lbs 3x4 (wasn't able to finish the fifth rep on any sets, probably redo.)
Deadlift: 225lbs 1x5 (highest DL so far and it felt really easy. :D)
Chin-up: 6-6-4
Legraise: 3x15

I am really enjoying SS, although i'm not sure where my numbers should be before I move onto another program. Squats and Press are stalling quite a bit now and not too sure if i'll be able to get them higher.


I may have missed it in the thread, but what are your height/weight? Your lifts are looking good so far, but if you're not plateauing yet there's no reason to move on from SS!


I'm 5'8" and 144lbs, started in June at 135lbs.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
September 10 2011 03:49 GMT
#11294
Deadlift 152kgx3, 162kgx2, 171kg x1

Was gonna do 171x1x3, but my left quad and knee started cramping. Decided to stop.
Luckily it seems it was just bad sleep (5 hours) and moving my training foward (should have done this on saturday).
It seems to be fine, no pain nor movility restrictions, but i'll guess tomorrow i'll be sure.
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
September 10 2011 06:57 GMT
#11295
I ate constantly today.

Now for the next couple months ^^
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
September 10 2011 08:30 GMT
#11296
On September 10 2011 12:34 thedeadhaji wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 16:13 decafchicken wrote:
On September 09 2011 15:56 thedeadhaji wrote:
I keep failing 125lb snatch GRRRRRRRRRRRR


MAN UP AND DO IT HAJI RARRRRR


Decaf I did it!


beast!
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Earll
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Norway847 Posts
September 10 2011 11:43 GMT
#11297
On September 10 2011 10:00 Tulius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2011 08:40 Earll wrote:


I am sort of thinking maybe Leangains might not be for me as I am a relative novice level in lifting\whatever, but then again I figure if its beneficial at one level of training I don't see why it wouldnt be at a lower level. So that is probably what i will go ahead with now unless someone wiser has any objects, leaving me with the main 2 questions of should I\can I\ will i see better results with doing cardio on the non SS days, and what BCAA do I get.


Don't do cardio while on leangains and SS.
You'll probably lose some weight without cardio until you figure out/get used to the amount off food you have to eat each meal.

about the BCAA: Martin indicates Purple Wraath (from controlled labs iirc) or Xtend, if you can find those. If not, look for BCAA without stuff added to it (avoid ones with carbs, glutamine and this kind of shit)


I see they sell both in Capsule, "Chewie" (no idea what that is) and in powder-> drink form. I guess if I want to use it 5-15 minuets pre work out I want to take it as powder-> drink? =p
Wat
Snapplecakes
Profile Joined May 2011
Norway78 Posts
September 10 2011 11:50 GMT
#11298
i use the chewables, doesent really matter either way.. i cant find Xtend here in norway form any stores, gotta order it from england i think or sweden
SQUATS AND OATS!
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
September 10 2011 13:36 GMT
#11299
On September 10 2011 11:06 Lemonwalrus wrote:
1 week into my restart after my injury and I'm about back to where I was when I re-injured it 2 months ago. Barring needing to slow down, I'm going to be Deadlifting more weight than I own a week from Monday...so I'm starting to look at gyms around here. Other than that I'm sorta concerned that my form might not be good since I work out alone and I don't know anyone personally that knows the lifts..but I'll try to figure it out at the gym.

Also, has anyone else started from really skinny (5'10" and ~150 lbs) and used SS to bulk up? If so, what kind of diet should I adhere to? So far I've just been "eating real food, and lots of it" as much as possible.

Also...when should I start looking into supplements?

Edit: My PT basically said that I'll never get rid of the pain, but we can work to get the ankle more stable. So that kinda sucks.


What is your diagnosis? That doesn't sound right that you can't get rid of the pain...

Also, I'd go with the eat a lot preferably healthy but if not don't worry about it too much.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
September 10 2011 13:38 GMT
#11300
On September 10 2011 12:18 jjhchsc2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2011 04:58 phyre112 wrote:
On September 10 2011 04:21 Velocirapture wrote:
On September 10 2011 04:06 phyre112 wrote:
On September 10 2011 03:26 Velocirapture wrote:
A lot of people on here seem to believe protein supplements should be avoided if possible (only used if you can't meet your daily requirements for Cal and protein) but my PT advises me that I should have 30g of protein within 30min of completing my workout. While I can get all the protein and Cal I need from regular food, most protein requires preparation and in order to meet that time frame I use a supplement powder. Just figured id put that little bit o' info out there.


Broscience, I do believe. If you workout fasted, there's an advantage to taking a pre-workout drink, usually something based around bcaas for the quick absorption. If you don't workout fasted (for example I like to way three hours before workout) then you are still digesting food, and there are plenty of amino acids in your bloodstream. Just make sure that you do eventually eat something before you go to bed, because i'm sure a pre workout meal doesn't have ALL your calories.


Broscience seems a little strong a term . Most fitness claims like the ones he makes are the product of numerous case studies and common sense science. The man is fully educated and accredited so im inclined to believe its not pulled out of his ass.

That being said my degree is in molecular bio not anatomy and physiology so I am forced to defer to his greater experience. I would imagine that the timing of nutritional intake should matter somewhat from what I know (the entire digestion process is quite long and food does not act as an 8 hour time release capsule of energy) but the specifics as far as its interaction with muscle growth and exercise (chronologically) were not part of my eduction.


I'm only repeating leangains information. I'll see if I can find the article, but I remember the argument being that there was a very limited (not statistically significant) increase in muscle synthesis with a POST workout shake, but that it was very important (statistically significant) to have some amino acids available to the body before and during the workout. It's pre-WO that's critical, not post.

Also, I don't think anyone is outright arguing that protein shakes are useless. I take them myself on days where I find myself strapped for time, or on particularly hard days where I think it will help my recovery. But most of the time, I think it's superior to get your protein from real food sources (meat, fish, eggs).


so what should your preworkout meal consist of mainly?
i usually have a small can of tuna and about 4 slices of cheese with some water.
anyway to make sure you have enough amino acids?
ps i usually have my preworkout 1-2 hours before and i usually eat rice, meat and veggies for post workout with some milk before i sleep.
are there symptoms to not having enough protein in your diet while working out?
pss hope your shoulder gets better.


Preworkout you can do lots of things depending on what your goals are.

If gaining mass, I'd definitely eat a bit of something with carbs and protein.

Depending on how your workouts are you may or may not want to eat before a workout.

What you are eating is fine. Stop worry about small details.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Prev 1 563 564 565 566 567 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1021
910 108
Hyun 68
NotJumperer 45
Bale 34
sorry 25
Noble 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto219
League of Legends
JimRising 610
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King137
Other Games
summit1g6843
Coldzera 719
WinterStarcraft388
C9.Mang0234
ceh9232
NeuroSwarm108
ViBE32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick609
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 31
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2246
League of Legends
• Rush1181
• Lourlo1032
• Stunt364
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 32m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4h 32m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
17h 32m
Patches Events
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.