• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:31
CEST 11:31
KST 18:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9147 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 567

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 565 566 567 568 569 730 Next
thirnaz
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden876 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-10 15:55:36
September 10 2011 15:52 GMT
#11321
Been doing SS for 3 weeks now.

Height 191cm / Age: 18
Weight: 97 kg. Goal: ~90kg
Squat: 65kg. Goal: 100kg
Deadlift: 100kg. Goal: 140kg
Bench: 60kg. Goal: 75kg
Powerclean: 45kg. Goal: 60kg
Press: 40kg. Goal: 55kg

Since i started 3 weeks ago i've lost 8kg in weight, gained 25kg on my squats 50kg on DLs, 15kg on bench, 10kg on press and 5kg on powercleans (took a lot of time just to get decent form). I'm aiming to complete my goals before the 31st of December. I also want to thank you all for this thread, I learned about SS and how to eat from the OP so much love <3!
SlayerS_MMA and TL #1
FourTwentylol
Profile Joined September 2011
United States3 Posts
September 10 2011 16:15 GMT
#11322
On September 10 2011 23:55 RosaParksStoleMySeat wrote:


It looks like your head is tilting back because you're watching yourself in the mirror (I hate the squat rack mirror, I always want to do this!) Imagine holding a tennis ball to your chest with your chin to keep your neck and head in line with your spine.
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
September 10 2011 16:27 GMT
#11323
great job thirnaz! keep it up.
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
September 10 2011 16:52 GMT
#11324
Went to pt. Had me to bicep curls with dumbbell. Is that good/bad/terrible?
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
September 10 2011 17:07 GMT
#11325
On September 10 2011 23:52 Nazarene wrote:
Had my first day of Coan-Phillipi yesterday.

2x150 kg,
8x3 speed deadlifts of 120 kg,
8x3 of stiff leg deadlift, bent over rows, weighted chinups and good mornings. Went kinda easy on the accessory lifts as I haven't done much stiff leg deadlifts and good mornings before.

Was easy, but it'll get hard fast :-D should still be very doable to reach the 200 kg. within the 10 weeks with all that volume.


Great to know you felt it was easy.

Did week 2 of CP.

200kg x 2
Speed pulls: 8 sets of 3 @ 160kg with 90 sec average resting time.

Bailed on the circuit until tomorrow/monday since I was feeling very shitty. Finally getting rid of the cold that has been pestering me the last week.

Also need to pull my diet together.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Sm3agol
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2055 Posts
September 10 2011 17:50 GMT
#11326
Ran my second official 5k ever today. Set my goal for 22:00, and somehow forgot my GPS...I still finished with an EXACT time of 22:00. pretty baller, lol. I was 3rd in my age group, and my little 16 year old sister, who finished 1 second behind me, was the third overall female, so pretty baller for her.
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
September 10 2011 18:02 GMT
#11327
How many reps should I be doing on my warm-up sets for squats? I noticed I'm already panting by the time I'm done 'warming up' and ran out of gas before I could finish 5x5.
Maybe training fasted has something to do with it but I tend to run out of gas pretty quick

Here's today's workout
squat
45x5-5
75x5
105x5
135x5
175x5-5-5-3

press
45x5-5
55x5
65x5-5-5-4-4

deadlift
65x5
95x5
135x5
155x5
Official Entusman #21
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
September 10 2011 18:08 GMT
#11328
So had heavy lower body day today. Was really warm today in germany. After leg press i was completely soaked, felt like i just came out of the shower, shirt sticking to me, disgusting. I really need a singlet for those days, may look like a douchebag with it, but at least I won't feel terrible.

Couldn't do more than 120kgx5 on deadlift after squats, was disappoint. But lower back feels really good, SI joint hurt like usual but after sitting between sets it went away. Good mornings rock, form is much easier than expected.

@ eshlow I've got shoulder problems too, and a different oppinion won't hurt, so if you've got the time.

+ Show Spoiler +


Just to clear it up beforehand, because my english probably isn't too good.
I've got 2 different issues with the shoulder, pain in front deltoid (pulling pain after doing certain exercises) which should be fixed if i learn to not pull my shoulder in anymore. (Thats what the PT said.) (That pain is from the falling on the shoulder.)
And the snapping clavicula (which started a few days ago maybe because of the new job and me standing with arms behind my back most of the time. Rotating the shoulder outward.) is kinda new, and already improved a little bit. (Probably connected to the other injury.)

My story, so if some questions aren't answered good enough.
+ Show Spoiler +
Preface, fell in directly on my AC joint from about hip height. Directly after it i couldn't elevate my arm over 90° without extreme pain. Slight swelling of the AC joint, no other external sign of injury.
Went to the hospital the next day, got it x-rayed no damage to the bones. Tossy fracture was outruled, too. Told me to not train for 5 days, and then do whatever doesn't hurt. Told me to not take NSAID, because i won't feel the pain then. (Idiot doctor...) But i complied, Idiot me.
Months went by, couldn't do chest exercises, cause i was feeling intense pain on the front deltoid.
Went to another doctor in June, another xray, gave me NSAIDs, shoulder got a bit better, could now do chest exercises without to much pain, just a little pulling feeling in the front delt.
Posture went to shit meanwhile, cause pulling the shoulder back really hurt.
Went to orthopedist in August, crappy doctor sadly, thought i had a muscular imbalance, gave me physicial therapy. Went there, luckily was a good PT, problem was at many exercises i pull my shoulder into my socket, kinda shrugging motion. He went through most of the motions and told me to learn to relax my traps more so that it doesn't happen anymore and thinks the pain will go away when i learned to not pull my shoulder in anymore.
I pull my shoulder up even when i'm just going to grab a glass of water, so whatever i do with my right arm i'm pulling my shoulder in, it's really hard to correct.
So basically problem is that when i pull my shoulder back and do anteversion (grab something), my clavicula snaps over my AC joint and it hurts. Also front deltoid sometimes still hurts when doing certain exercises.


1. Google a pic and mark where it hurts.

Directly on the AC joint.

2. What exercises hurt? Which shoulder articulations hurt?
http://www.exrx.net/Articulations/Shoulder.html

Pulling shoulder back to it's normal position and doing anteversion.
Pain in front deltoid while doing heavy OHP and pulling my shoulder up. (Doing it wrong basically.)

3. What type of pain is it? Burning? Ache? Tingling? Sharp?

Short sharp pain in AC joint.

4. What would you rate the pain at on a 0/10 scale? 0 being no pain, 10 being go to the emergency room.

3-6 Depends how recent i did the motion before.

5. Acute or chronic (chronic more than ~4 weeks)? What date was onset? How has the pain improved since the initial injury?

Chronic, less pain then before.

6. Have you been training through pain? If so, how long?

5 months.

7. How deep is the pain? Is it more superficial tissues? Or does it seem to be more inside or around the joint? Describe it.

AC joint pain is directly on top of the joint, front deltoid pain is inside the muscle.

8. What have you been doing for recovery purposes?

RICEd it. Had physical therapy went to some doctors.

9. What seems to help? What seems to make it worse? Is it constant? Does it increase/decrease with certain activities?

Not constant anymore, taking NSAIDs obviously helps. Isn't constant anymore. Increases with more training, front deltoid pain that is.
AC joint pain doesn't increase or decrease.

10. Check the tissue quality of the surrounding muscles. Which ones are tight? Which ones are tender? Is there any swelling?

Light swelling on the AC joint.

11. How does it feel after exercise (if any)? How does it feel at the beginning of the day? How about the end of the day?

AC joint pain is doesn't change with exercise. Front delt feels tight after chest day.
In the morning AC joint is much worse. Always hurts.

12. Any previous injury history?

No.

13. How's your posture?

Pulling shoulders forward, like i've got severe imbalance to the chest. (Not the case, back is much better trained.)

14. What is your current workout routine for that bodypart? Do you play any sports?

Don't train front deltoid directly. No sports anymore beside lifting.

15. Any other information I should be aware of or that comes to mind that may help?

Pulling shoulder into the joint as a reflex, cause it hurt less when i did that when the injury was fresh. PT told me to get rid of it, should help. PT told me it was most likely not muscular imbalance but more likely some kind of wrong muscle control issue. Told me to do shrugs so i can control my traps better. And lat training so lat pulls down the shoulder more.

Just want a second opinion.

Initial impressions --

Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
September 10 2011 18:10 GMT
#11329
5 sets of warmup might be a bit much. You just need to go until you feel that the muscles are stretched, warm, and ready to do some "real" work, and get a few reps "heavy" so that you're prepared to take on the workset weight.

To warm up my squats next time I go, I'll do something like...

45x5
95x5
135x5 all of these three to absolute bottom, as low as I can go without losing my back tightness. Really engages the hip stretch and gets me warmed up for the heavier sets.
185x3
215x5-5-5

The 185 gets me "ready" to take on the 215, because it's significantly heavier than the other warm ups. It's heavy enough to really "notice" on my back though, so I'll only do 2 or 3 reps with it before I move up the weight and get to my work set. This way, I avoid being tired out. Also, I don't do 5x5 on squats. I haven't in a long time, it's just asking to not be able to walk the next day imo.
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
September 10 2011 18:12 GMT
#11330
On September 11 2011 03:02 infinity21 wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
How many reps should I be doing on my warm-up sets for squats? I noticed I'm already panting by the time I'm done 'warming up' and ran out of gas before I could finish 5x5.
Maybe training fasted has something to do with it but I tend to run out of gas pretty quick

Here's today's workout
squat
45x5-5
75x5
105x5
135x5
175x5-5-5-3

press
45x5-5
55x5
65x5-5-5-4-4

deadlift
65x5
95x5
135x5
155x5



I basically do 2 sets to 15 with just the bar, 1 set of 12 with 40kg 1 set of 10 with 60kg and then my working weight. (87,5kg at the moment.)
Works good for me. If you get higher with the weight you want to warm up with more weight.
So for example if your working weight is 100kg, 1 set with bar 1 set with 40, set with 60 set with 80 and go. The higher the weight gets the less reps i do for warm ups.
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
Nazarene
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Denmark996 Posts
September 10 2011 18:29 GMT
#11331
On September 11 2011 02:07 sJarl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2011 23:52 Nazarene wrote:
Had my first day of Coan-Phillipi yesterday.

2x150 kg,
8x3 speed deadlifts of 120 kg,
8x3 of stiff leg deadlift, bent over rows, weighted chinups and good mornings. Went kinda easy on the accessory lifts as I haven't done much stiff leg deadlifts and good mornings before.

Was easy, but it'll get hard fast :-D should still be very doable to reach the 200 kg. within the 10 weeks with all that volume.


Great to know you felt it was easy.

Did week 2 of CP.

200kg x 2
Speed pulls: 8 sets of 3 @ 160kg with 90 sec average resting time.

Bailed on the circuit until tomorrow/monday since I was feeling very shitty. Finally getting rid of the cold that has been pestering me the last week.

Also need to pull my diet together.

Beast. What's your goal this time? 250? And what's your bw?

Btw, the power shrug is this? ->
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
September 10 2011 18:47 GMT
#11332
On September 10 2011 22:36 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2011 11:06 Lemonwalrus wrote:
1 week into my restart after my injury and I'm about back to where I was when I re-injured it 2 months ago. Barring needing to slow down, I'm going to be Deadlifting more weight than I own a week from Monday...so I'm starting to look at gyms around here. Other than that I'm sorta concerned that my form might not be good since I work out alone and I don't know anyone personally that knows the lifts..but I'll try to figure it out at the gym.

Also, has anyone else started from really skinny (5'10" and ~150 lbs) and used SS to bulk up? If so, what kind of diet should I adhere to? So far I've just been "eating real food, and lots of it" as much as possible.

Also...when should I start looking into supplements?

Edit: My PT basically said that I'll never get rid of the pain, but we can work to get the ankle more stable. So that kinda sucks.


What is your diagnosis? That doesn't sound right that you can't get rid of the pain...


For some reason in my 6 sessions of physical therapy I will be seeing each of the 3 therapists twice...instead of just the same one six times.

It goes Pamela, Pamela, Claudia, Chris, Claudia, Chris.

Now my first two sessions with Pamela, it always sounded like everything was going to get 100% sooner or later. But my last session was with Claudia, and she said I probably overextended a ligament...and then walked on it for a year without really getting anything done to correct it. She said there might always be pain, but this therapy will definitely strengthen the muscles and ligaments around the joint to make it more stable, but I didn't press her for info about the pain at the time because I was trying to balance on a board on top of a half-cylinder I'll make sure to get more info from Chris and/or Claudia when I go back.
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
September 10 2011 18:49 GMT
#11333
On September 11 2011 03:29 Nazarene wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2011 02:07 sJarl wrote:
On September 10 2011 23:52 Nazarene wrote:
Had my first day of Coan-Phillipi yesterday.

2x150 kg,
8x3 speed deadlifts of 120 kg,
8x3 of stiff leg deadlift, bent over rows, weighted chinups and good mornings. Went kinda easy on the accessory lifts as I haven't done much stiff leg deadlifts and good mornings before.

Was easy, but it'll get hard fast :-D should still be very doable to reach the 200 kg. within the 10 weeks with all that volume.


Great to know you felt it was easy.

Did week 2 of CP.

200kg x 2
Speed pulls: 8 sets of 3 @ 160kg with 90 sec average resting time.

Bailed on the circuit until tomorrow/monday since I was feeling very shitty. Finally getting rid of the cold that has been pestering me the last week.

Also need to pull my diet together.

Beast. What's your goal this time? 250? And what's your bw?

Btw, the power shrug is this? -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nakIbv6yW4s

250 is the goal. I'm around 96kg today. Hoping to breach the 100kg barrier soon

Sounds about right with the shrug.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Anabolicqt
Profile Joined March 2011
United States69 Posts
September 10 2011 19:22 GMT
#11334
On September 11 2011 03:47 Lemonwalrus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2011 22:36 eshlow wrote:
On September 10 2011 11:06 Lemonwalrus wrote:
1 week into my restart after my injury and I'm about back to where I was when I re-injured it 2 months ago. Barring needing to slow down, I'm going to be Deadlifting more weight than I own a week from Monday...so I'm starting to look at gyms around here. Other than that I'm sorta concerned that my form might not be good since I work out alone and I don't know anyone personally that knows the lifts..but I'll try to figure it out at the gym.

Also, has anyone else started from really skinny (5'10" and ~150 lbs) and used SS to bulk up? If so, what kind of diet should I adhere to? So far I've just been "eating real food, and lots of it" as much as possible.

Also...when should I start looking into supplements?

Edit: My PT basically said that I'll never get rid of the pain, but we can work to get the ankle more stable. So that kinda sucks.


What is your diagnosis? That doesn't sound right that you can't get rid of the pain...


For some reason in my 6 sessions of physical therapy I will be seeing each of the 3 therapists twice...instead of just the same one six times.

It goes Pamela, Pamela, Claudia, Chris, Claudia, Chris.

Now my first two sessions with Pamela, it always sounded like everything was going to get 100% sooner or later. But my last session was with Claudia, and she said I probably overextended a ligament...and then walked on it for a year without really getting anything done to correct it. She said there might always be pain, but this therapy will definitely strengthen the muscles and ligaments around the joint to make it more stable, but I didn't press her for info about the pain at the time because I was trying to balance on a board on top of a half-cylinder I'll make sure to get more info from Chris and/or Claudia when I go back.



I damaged a ligament in my ankle and had surgery and a ton of physical therapy and there is still pain. The ankle is stable but if I accidentally roll it, it is absolutely the worst pain I've ever experienced.
Eat, Sleep, Lift......Repeat.
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
September 10 2011 19:26 GMT
#11335
Yo, long time no see Anabolicqt!
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
September 10 2011 19:50 GMT
#11336
honeymoon pics go!
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-10 20:13:57
September 10 2011 20:13 GMT
#11337
Guess I'm going to do some searching on squat technique. Yesterday I got so mad, because some guy that I didn't ask for any help started saying what I'm doing wrong, which normally would be okay... But what he said made no sense. I made a quick picture to explain.

[image loading]

Pretty much I was taught and nagged for forever, to never put my knees in front of my feet. Well to counter-act the balance, naturally you have to bend you back completely forward. I keep my back completely straight, maybe it's not the ideal way to do it, but I don't get any back pains or anything from my squats.

He starts saying how my back is too angled, and saying I'm putting on too much weight because when he moved my back further back I couldn't do the squat because I was falling backwards. I was only doing 115lbs as my warm up, so it's not like it was difficult (255lb~ max). Then he goes does it and puts his knees so far infront, that I couldn't do it even if I tried because I didn't have an elevated heel, and my calf isn't that flexible.

So if anyone wants to shed some light, if not, I'll do some searching anyways. This guy did a 345lb squat the same day, so I take he's got some experience, but still...

Edit: And I misspelled in the picture... (Not re-uploading it, so don't comment on that ^^)
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
September 10 2011 20:19 GMT
#11338
knees in front of your feet arent that bad, as long as the weight stays on your heels. weight on your toes = very bad.

just watch some youtube videos (like this one:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkF9QD7oCIA)
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
GumThief
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada284 Posts
September 10 2011 20:20 GMT
#11339
On September 11 2011 05:13 FiWiFaKi wrote:
Guess I'm going to do some searching on squat technique. Yesterday I got so mad, because some guy that I didn't ask for any help started saying what I'm doing wrong, which normally would be okay... But what he said made no sense. I made a quick picture to explain.

[image loading]

Pretty much I was taught and nagged for forever, to never put my knees in front of my feet. Well to counter-act the balance, naturally you have to bend you back completely forward. I keep my back completely straight, maybe it's not the ideal way to do it, but I don't get any back pains or anything from my squats.

He starts saying how my back is too angled, and saying I'm putting on too much weight because when he moved my back further back I couldn't do the squat because I was falling backwards. I was only doing 115lbs as my warm up, so it's not like it was difficult (255lb~ max). Then he goes does it and puts his knees so far infront, that I couldn't do it even if I tried because I didn't have an elevated heel, and my calf isn't that flexible.

So if anyone wants to shed some light, if not, I'll do some searching anyways. This guy did a 345lb squat the same day, so I take he's got some experience, but still...

Edit: And I misspelled in the picture... (Not re-uploading it, so don't comment on that ^^)


Over the front of your ankle- middle foot area. Just a solid base. All three of those positions looks pretty weak lol T_T

Pic has been posted before but

[image loading]

:))
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-10 20:39:26
September 10 2011 20:39 GMT
#11340
On September 11 2011 05:20 GumThief wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2011 05:13 FiWiFaKi wrote:
Guess I'm going to do some searching on squat technique. Yesterday I got so mad, because some guy that I didn't ask for any help started saying what I'm doing wrong, which normally would be okay... But what he said made no sense. I made a quick picture to explain.

[image loading]

Pretty much I was taught and nagged for forever, to never put my knees in front of my feet. Well to counter-act the balance, naturally you have to bend you back completely forward. I keep my back completely straight, maybe it's not the ideal way to do it, but I don't get any back pains or anything from my squats.

He starts saying how my back is too angled, and saying I'm putting on too much weight because when he moved my back further back I couldn't do the squat because I was falling backwards. I was only doing 115lbs as my warm up, so it's not like it was difficult (255lb~ max). Then he goes does it and puts his knees so far infront, that I couldn't do it even if I tried because I didn't have an elevated heel, and my calf isn't that flexible.

So if anyone wants to shed some light, if not, I'll do some searching anyways. This guy did a 345lb squat the same day, so I take he's got some experience, but still...

Edit: And I misspelled in the picture... (Not re-uploading it, so don't comment on that ^^)


Over the front of your ankle- middle foot area. Just a solid base. All three of those positions looks pretty weak lol T_T

Pic has been posted before but

[image loading]



I do hold it like a low bar squat, but since my knees don't go as much in-front I have to bend my back even more. So I think that's what I'll try, put my knees a little bit farther out. Do I want to be using shoes with a raised heel?
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
Prev 1 565 566 567 568 569 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech6
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 401
Horang2 303
Larva 257
EffOrt 180
Mind 76
Hyun 62
scan(afreeca) 51
NotJumperer 42
Killer 40
Bale 38
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 37
Sharp 35
sorry 35
Shinee 22
Sacsri 13
Hm[arnc] 13
Pusan 13
Barracks 6
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto110
League of Legends
JimRising 415
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1209
edward536
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King110
Other Games
summit1g8077
ceh9649
Happy319
crisheroes199
Sick175
dupreeh65
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick594
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2271
League of Legends
• Jankos1204
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
29m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1h 29m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
14h 29m
Patches Events
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.