• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:58
CEST 13:58
KST 20:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8186 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 561

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 559 560 561 562 563 730 Next
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
September 08 2011 23:41 GMT
#11201
>.>

Yeah. Having overweight family + being skinny sucks.

OK, chocolate/anyotherfoodthatisfood it is.
Earll
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Norway847 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-09 00:04:07
September 08 2011 23:58 GMT
#11202
On September 09 2011 01:07 Earll wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 08 2011 23:56 eshlow wrote:
On September 08 2011 23:28 Earll wrote:
On September 08 2011 21:46 eshlow wrote:
On September 08 2011 15:28 Earll wrote:
So sort of a simple \possibly stupid question. But exactly how does the amount I eat reflect in my results? I am 70~ kg, 1.80 cm tall and work out like 1 hour a day (1 day rest) a week. Following some sort of paelo diet. Am I right in saying that if i eat less than what I optimally should, my bodyfat (and weight I guess, depending on how much less than what I "should" eat i eat) will go down, but my muscle growth will also be slower, and if i eat too much i might go up in bodyfat\weight faster and have same muscle growth as when If i was eating the 'optimal amount'?

I started playing arond somewhat with a more fasting sort of diet as leangains recommends the last few days, but I think I am currently eating a bit less than I should. I go to bed at like 11~12, and wake up at like 7~8 , and then do not eat untill 12~13, where I have a small meal of like a fruit a vegetable and some yoghurt thing then, and then come home at say 4~5pm, and either work out straight away and eat my actual meal after (200g of some meatsort of thing, a fruit and some vegetables) or eat before the work out. As far as I understand I am supposed to eat after the work out, but sometimes I just feel really weak or whatever from not eating much all day so i feel its better to eat and get some energy to be able to work harder during the work out ?=p

Anyway after that one actual meal I am not really that hungry the rest of the night, so either I don't eat anything, or I just eat a banana or some shit, but nothing much. I have a feeling I should be eating more though, so should I eat 1 more 'full~ish' sized meal later at night regardless of how hungry I feel?


Working out 6 days a week? What exactly are you doing?

Good mass gaining routines like SS are only 3x a week.

You are pretty tall, and decently light you shouldn't be trying to lose any mass. Just gain it..

Basically, post what your workout(s) are and post what your diet is.

If you are doing lean gains you have to be eating A LOT at every meal to gain weight. It sounds like you are eating less than 2k kcals.


Yeah I am not trying to lose mass =p Trying to lose bodyfat though. I am following p90x (schedule can be found here = http://www.p90xworkoutschedule.com/ ). My diet I guess I kind of covered, but If i had to write exactly what I ate today\will likely eat today its something like:

wake up at 8, at like 12:30 I eat\ate 1 banana 1 cucumber 1 apple and 1 yoghurt like thing (skyr, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/skyr , which apparnatly is 94 kcal ). Got home from work a while ago now, will probably work out before I eat, then I will likely eat something like 1 can of pineapple, 200gram of the healthier(healthy) kind of minced meat (which should total like 250 kcal?), Some pepper\cucumber maybe some carrot. And then I am somewhat torn if I should eat a similar meal later in the day, or just eat some fruits\veggies, or what.

I guess currently my main goal is to lose bodyfat and gain muscle, not necesarily gain mass, but i will probably want to\need to gain some mass at some point, but I dont think my goal will ever be to become "huge" or whatever =p ?


Something like SS is better than P90 for that goal of losing fat and/or gaining muscle. Mass = muscle when we talk about that.

Diet you need more protein. Fist size ball of meat, fish, birds, eggs, or good protein source at EVERY meal.



well as of right now at least i wont be changing P90x to anything that requires more equipment and/or a gym membership. I'll probably just stick to it untill the 90 days are over and see what I want after that. I don't have the luxury of preparing any sort of hot food while at 'work' though, the skyr I am eating is pretty proteinrich though so i guess that will have to do. Does it matter much when I eat compared to work outs though? because right now I have my one midday meal at 12~, then I Get home from 'work' at like 3:30-4, Then I have the option of either working out right away when I am somewhat hungry/sort of weak, or eating first and then waiting a bit and working out later, when I might be able to do a better work out\be more energized?

Edit: And also, thank you for all the helps ^_^



Ok so ffuuu.. the more I am reading up on this + thinking about it the more I am thinking it is probably better to changing up my exercise program from p90x to more weight lifting or what have you. I'll probably start reading starting strength soon, as that has what I need to know? (But I mean it has like 300 pages, will it tell me what I need to do to start off the first few pages?)

I am still having somewhat hard time fully believing that this is the better option though but I don't see why : ( I guess I just have a really hard time letting go of the imagery i have already created in my head, that if I want to have like a more lean "swimmers type" body, I should do a lot more cardio and less weight lifting, and if I want more big muscles, either like body builder type, or bear\incontrol type, I should lift weights. But what is actually true is that the body type I get depends basically on what I eat, and that following something like starting strength is better either way? Apart from like Actually training for endurance\running marathons or whatever I guess?

Also I see a lot of the time it is mentioned that to get abs, you need to just lose body fat not actually work ab muscles, I get the part that having great ab muscles covered in fat will still just be fat. But if you get rid of the fat working abs must be important for that, no?

Also I am somewhat left with the feeling that my current exercise gives me a better.. full body work out than what starting strength gives me, though I am not sure why I am left with that impression =p

Edit: Oh, also, is there any reason at all to consider getting supplements for me (some protein like thing I guess)? Me being pretty new to lifting weights, having worked out (p90x) for 1 month, and 71 kg 180cm or so? Would it speed up anyones fat loss\muscle gain, so there is no reason not to, and some reason to get it , 'even for me'? =p
Wat
Velocirapture
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States983 Posts
September 09 2011 00:01 GMT
#11203
Well I am coming up on my one month anniversary of when I started lifting. I am definitely feeling stronger and seeing the difference in my appearance. I put my money where my mouth was and have stepped up my PT to 2x a week and am loving every second of it (even if I have had to cut out almost all of my other discretionary spending to afford it lol).

Its so funny to see all the posts in this thread about being so skinny and needing to gain. It all makes me feel like im doing this whole process backwards. I started in my early 20s at almost 300 lbs obese and now im a chubby 210 building up muscle and my weight staying pretty much constant. Its hard for me to even imagine myself at 105lbs, I think id die .
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
September 09 2011 00:13 GMT
#11204
On September 09 2011 08:58 Earll wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 01:07 Earll wrote:
On September 08 2011 23:56 eshlow wrote:
On September 08 2011 23:28 Earll wrote:
On September 08 2011 21:46 eshlow wrote:
On September 08 2011 15:28 Earll wrote:
So sort of a simple \possibly stupid question. But exactly how does the amount I eat reflect in my results? I am 70~ kg, 1.80 cm tall and work out like 1 hour a day (1 day rest) a week. Following some sort of paelo diet. Am I right in saying that if i eat less than what I optimally should, my bodyfat (and weight I guess, depending on how much less than what I "should" eat i eat) will go down, but my muscle growth will also be slower, and if i eat too much i might go up in bodyfat\weight faster and have same muscle growth as when If i was eating the 'optimal amount'?

I started playing arond somewhat with a more fasting sort of diet as leangains recommends the last few days, but I think I am currently eating a bit less than I should. I go to bed at like 11~12, and wake up at like 7~8 , and then do not eat untill 12~13, where I have a small meal of like a fruit a vegetable and some yoghurt thing then, and then come home at say 4~5pm, and either work out straight away and eat my actual meal after (200g of some meatsort of thing, a fruit and some vegetables) or eat before the work out. As far as I understand I am supposed to eat after the work out, but sometimes I just feel really weak or whatever from not eating much all day so i feel its better to eat and get some energy to be able to work harder during the work out ?=p

Anyway after that one actual meal I am not really that hungry the rest of the night, so either I don't eat anything, or I just eat a banana or some shit, but nothing much. I have a feeling I should be eating more though, so should I eat 1 more 'full~ish' sized meal later at night regardless of how hungry I feel?


Working out 6 days a week? What exactly are you doing?

Good mass gaining routines like SS are only 3x a week.

You are pretty tall, and decently light you shouldn't be trying to lose any mass. Just gain it..

Basically, post what your workout(s) are and post what your diet is.

If you are doing lean gains you have to be eating A LOT at every meal to gain weight. It sounds like you are eating less than 2k kcals.


Yeah I am not trying to lose mass =p Trying to lose bodyfat though. I am following p90x (schedule can be found here = http://www.p90xworkoutschedule.com/ ). My diet I guess I kind of covered, but If i had to write exactly what I ate today\will likely eat today its something like:

wake up at 8, at like 12:30 I eat\ate 1 banana 1 cucumber 1 apple and 1 yoghurt like thing (skyr, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/skyr , which apparnatly is 94 kcal ). Got home from work a while ago now, will probably work out before I eat, then I will likely eat something like 1 can of pineapple, 200gram of the healthier(healthy) kind of minced meat (which should total like 250 kcal?), Some pepper\cucumber maybe some carrot. And then I am somewhat torn if I should eat a similar meal later in the day, or just eat some fruits\veggies, or what.

I guess currently my main goal is to lose bodyfat and gain muscle, not necesarily gain mass, but i will probably want to\need to gain some mass at some point, but I dont think my goal will ever be to become "huge" or whatever =p ?


Something like SS is better than P90 for that goal of losing fat and/or gaining muscle. Mass = muscle when we talk about that.

Diet you need more protein. Fist size ball of meat, fish, birds, eggs, or good protein source at EVERY meal.



well as of right now at least i wont be changing P90x to anything that requires more equipment and/or a gym membership. I'll probably just stick to it untill the 90 days are over and see what I want after that. I don't have the luxury of preparing any sort of hot food while at 'work' though, the skyr I am eating is pretty proteinrich though so i guess that will have to do. Does it matter much when I eat compared to work outs though? because right now I have my one midday meal at 12~, then I Get home from 'work' at like 3:30-4, Then I have the option of either working out right away when I am somewhat hungry/sort of weak, or eating first and then waiting a bit and working out later, when I might be able to do a better work out\be more energized?

Edit: And also, thank you for all the helps ^_^



Ok so ffuuu.. the more I am reading up on this + thinking about it the more I am thinking it is probably better to changing up my exercise program from p90x to more weight lifting or what have you. I'll probably start reading starting strength soon, as that has what I need to know? (But I mean it has like 300 pages, will it tell me what I need to do to start off the first few pages?)

I am still having somewhat hard time fully believing that this is the better option though but I don't see why : ( I guess I just have a really hard time letting go of the imagery i have already created in my head, that if I want to have like a more lean "swimmers type" body, I should do a lot more cardio and less weight lifting, and if I want more big muscles, either like body builder type, or bear\incontrol type, I should lift weights. But what is actually true is that the body type I get depends basically on what I eat, and that following something like starting strength is better either way? Apart from like Actually training for endurance\running marathons or whatever I guess?

Also I see a lot of the time it is mentioned that to get abs, you need to just lose body fat not actually work ab muscles, I get the part that having great ab muscles covered in fat will still just be fat. But if you get rid of the fat working abs must be important for that, no?

Also I am somewhat left with the feeling that my current exercise gives me a better.. full body work out than what starting strength gives me, though I am not sure why I am left with that impression =p

Edit: Oh, also, is there any reason at all to consider getting supplements for me (some protein like thing I guess)? Me being pretty new to lifting weights, having worked out (p90x) for 1 month, and 71 kg 180cm or so? Would it speed up anyones fat loss\muscle gain, so there is no reason not to, and some reason to get it , 'even for me'? =p


Swimmers, body builders, etc have certain body types because that is the body that excels in that sport. Your genetics will dictate your body type, but of course you can shape it with exercise and the most effective way is lifting.
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
September 09 2011 00:46 GMT
#11205
On September 09 2011 09:01 Velocirapture wrote:
Well I am coming up on my one month anniversary of when I started lifting. I am definitely feeling stronger and seeing the difference in my appearance. I put my money where my mouth was and have stepped up my PT to 2x a week and am loving every second of it (even if I have had to cut out almost all of my other discretionary spending to afford it lol).

Its so funny to see all the posts in this thread about being so skinny and needing to gain. It all makes me feel like im doing this whole process backwards. I started in my early 20s at almost 300 lbs obese and now im a chubby 210 building up muscle and my weight staying pretty much constant. Its hard for me to even imagine myself at 105lbs, I think id die .

Lol. I'm only 5'3". Still, lolol.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
September 09 2011 00:52 GMT
#11206
On September 09 2011 08:58 Earll wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 01:07 Earll wrote:
On September 08 2011 23:56 eshlow wrote:
On September 08 2011 23:28 Earll wrote:
On September 08 2011 21:46 eshlow wrote:
On September 08 2011 15:28 Earll wrote:
So sort of a simple \possibly stupid question. But exactly how does the amount I eat reflect in my results? I am 70~ kg, 1.80 cm tall and work out like 1 hour a day (1 day rest) a week. Following some sort of paelo diet. Am I right in saying that if i eat less than what I optimally should, my bodyfat (and weight I guess, depending on how much less than what I "should" eat i eat) will go down, but my muscle growth will also be slower, and if i eat too much i might go up in bodyfat\weight faster and have same muscle growth as when If i was eating the 'optimal amount'?

I started playing arond somewhat with a more fasting sort of diet as leangains recommends the last few days, but I think I am currently eating a bit less than I should. I go to bed at like 11~12, and wake up at like 7~8 , and then do not eat untill 12~13, where I have a small meal of like a fruit a vegetable and some yoghurt thing then, and then come home at say 4~5pm, and either work out straight away and eat my actual meal after (200g of some meatsort of thing, a fruit and some vegetables) or eat before the work out. As far as I understand I am supposed to eat after the work out, but sometimes I just feel really weak or whatever from not eating much all day so i feel its better to eat and get some energy to be able to work harder during the work out ?=p

Anyway after that one actual meal I am not really that hungry the rest of the night, so either I don't eat anything, or I just eat a banana or some shit, but nothing much. I have a feeling I should be eating more though, so should I eat 1 more 'full~ish' sized meal later at night regardless of how hungry I feel?


Working out 6 days a week? What exactly are you doing?

Good mass gaining routines like SS are only 3x a week.

You are pretty tall, and decently light you shouldn't be trying to lose any mass. Just gain it..

Basically, post what your workout(s) are and post what your diet is.

If you are doing lean gains you have to be eating A LOT at every meal to gain weight. It sounds like you are eating less than 2k kcals.


Yeah I am not trying to lose mass =p Trying to lose bodyfat though. I am following p90x (schedule can be found here = http://www.p90xworkoutschedule.com/ ). My diet I guess I kind of covered, but If i had to write exactly what I ate today\will likely eat today its something like:

wake up at 8, at like 12:30 I eat\ate 1 banana 1 cucumber 1 apple and 1 yoghurt like thing (skyr, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/skyr , which apparnatly is 94 kcal ). Got home from work a while ago now, will probably work out before I eat, then I will likely eat something like 1 can of pineapple, 200gram of the healthier(healthy) kind of minced meat (which should total like 250 kcal?), Some pepper\cucumber maybe some carrot. And then I am somewhat torn if I should eat a similar meal later in the day, or just eat some fruits\veggies, or what.

I guess currently my main goal is to lose bodyfat and gain muscle, not necesarily gain mass, but i will probably want to\need to gain some mass at some point, but I dont think my goal will ever be to become "huge" or whatever =p ?


Something like SS is better than P90 for that goal of losing fat and/or gaining muscle. Mass = muscle when we talk about that.

Diet you need more protein. Fist size ball of meat, fish, birds, eggs, or good protein source at EVERY meal.



well as of right now at least i wont be changing P90x to anything that requires more equipment and/or a gym membership. I'll probably just stick to it untill the 90 days are over and see what I want after that. I don't have the luxury of preparing any sort of hot food while at 'work' though, the skyr I am eating is pretty proteinrich though so i guess that will have to do. Does it matter much when I eat compared to work outs though? because right now I have my one midday meal at 12~, then I Get home from 'work' at like 3:30-4, Then I have the option of either working out right away when I am somewhat hungry/sort of weak, or eating first and then waiting a bit and working out later, when I might be able to do a better work out\be more energized?

Edit: And also, thank you for all the helps ^_^



Ok so ffuuu.. the more I am reading up on this + thinking about it the more I am thinking it is probably better to changing up my exercise program from p90x to more weight lifting or what have you. I'll probably start reading starting strength soon, as that has what I need to know? (But I mean it has like 300 pages, will it tell me what I need to do to start off the first few pages?)

I am still having somewhat hard time fully believing that this is the better option though but I don't see why : ( I guess I just have a really hard time letting go of the imagery i have already created in my head, that if I want to have like a more lean "swimmers type" body, I should do a lot more cardio and less weight lifting, and if I want more big muscles, either like body builder type, or bear\incontrol type, I should lift weights. But what is actually true is that the body type I get depends basically on what I eat, and that following something like starting strength is better either way? Apart from like Actually training for endurance\running marathons or whatever I guess?

Also I see a lot of the time it is mentioned that to get abs, you need to just lose body fat not actually work ab muscles, I get the part that having great ab muscles covered in fat will still just be fat. But if you get rid of the fat working abs must be important for that, no?

Also I am somewhat left with the feeling that my current exercise gives me a better.. full body work out than what starting strength gives me, though I am not sure why I am left with that impression =p

Edit: Oh, also, is there any reason at all to consider getting supplements for me (some protein like thing I guess)? Me being pretty new to lifting weights, having worked out (p90x) for 1 month, and 71 kg 180cm or so? Would it speed up anyones fat loss\muscle gain, so there is no reason not to, and some reason to get it , 'even for me'? =p


quick points
-the SS wiki in the OP is a great place to start without having to read 300 pages
-Lifting weights will build you muscle. how you eat will dictate what you look like.
-It's understandable that you're skeptical. We have lots of experience for you to rely on here, i promise most of us know what we're doing
-SS is a PHENOMENAL way to build all sorts of full body core strength. I havent done an ab workout in longer than i can remember but squats have given me a hell of a core if i do say so myself.
-you should probably be taking in 150 or so g/protein a day
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
September 09 2011 01:55 GMT
#11207
since this is the most physical place on the website i'll ask here:
What do you guys think is the most effective style of self defense? (boxing, karate, etc)
☺
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-09 02:03:57
September 09 2011 02:03 GMT
#11208
Just read http://lifehacker.com/5825528/basic-self defense-moves-anyone-can-do-and-everyone-should-know

Seems fairly useful. Not really one style per se though.

(read like a month ago)
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
September 09 2011 02:04 GMT
#11209
On September 09 2011 10:55 Release wrote:
since this is the most physical place on the website i'll ask here:
What do you guys think is the most effective style of self defense? (boxing, karate, etc)


Probably Krav Maga
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
September 09 2011 02:08 GMT
#11210
On September 09 2011 10:55 Release wrote:
since this is the most physical place on the website i'll ask here:
What do you guys think is the most effective style of self defense? (boxing, karate, etc)

krav maga or mma
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
September 09 2011 02:16 GMT
#11211
ss imo
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
September 09 2011 02:16 GMT
#11212
On September 09 2011 11:16 AoN.DimSum wrote:
ss imo

Lol.

"If stronger than assailant, you win"
MeShiet
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada290 Posts
September 09 2011 02:47 GMT
#11213
As Rippetoe puts it, strong beats weird. I'd like to think of people who try to attack you for whatever reason pretty weird.
If you die this way, you won't live to tell anyone how you died
Velocirapture
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States983 Posts
September 09 2011 02:52 GMT
#11214
On September 09 2011 10:55 Release wrote:
since this is the most physical place on the website i'll ask here:
What do you guys think is the most effective style of self defense? (boxing, karate, etc)


Im surprised nobody has mentioned gun-fu lol. One of the first lessons you are taught in martial arts (so I have been told from a number of friends from different styles) is that firearms are the major game changer. Even a lil ol lady will kill 100 kung fu masters with a machine gun lol. Its because of this that I have always felt that martial arts and strength should be thought of almost entirely in terms of health and personal fulfillment (plenty good reasons to pursue them fully).
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-09 02:52:25
September 09 2011 02:52 GMT
#11215
I ate some egg.

Blerg @ food. What else is there in this house lol.
stevarius
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1394 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-09 03:01:21
September 09 2011 02:59 GMT
#11216
On September 09 2011 08:41 Froadac wrote:
>.>

Yeah. Having overweight family + being skinny sucks.

OK, chocolate/anyotherfoodthatisfood it is.


My entire family is full of a bunch of lazy slobs and fat motherfuckers.

There is no way to put it other than being blunt. The amount of women over 200 is ridiculous given their short stature.

I'm a diamond among the rough. I was skinny as fuck all throughout my life until just recently. Now, and going forward, I hope to be an inspiration to them to not be lazy asses and to put in some effort to better themselves. So many health problems go around my family(mostly distant relatives), but a large majority of it can be linked to them being obese.

Being skinny is fantastic and gives you a great platform to build on.


Btw, chocolate is bad. Milk isn't that expensive and I'd recommend half a gallon of it a day for someone at such a low weight. Why? It has a fantastic ratio of macro nutrients in order to gain weight from lifting.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
September 09 2011 03:06 GMT
#11217
On September 09 2011 11:59 stevarius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 08:41 Froadac wrote:
>.>

Yeah. Having overweight family + being skinny sucks.

OK, chocolate/anyotherfoodthatisfood it is.


My entire family is full of a bunch of lazy slobs and fat motherfuckers.

There is no way to put it other than being blunt. The amount of women over 200 is ridiculous given their short stature.

I'm a diamond among the rough. I was skinny as fuck all throughout my life until just recently. Now, and going forward, I hope to be an inspiration to them to not be lazy asses and to put in some effort to better themselves. So many health problems go around my family(mostly distant relatives), but a large majority of it can be linked to them being obese.

Being skinny is fantastic and gives you a great platform to build on.


Btw, chocolate is bad. Milk isn't that expensive and I'd recommend half a gallon of it a day for someone at such a low weight. Why? It has a fantastic ratio of macro nutrients in order to gain weight from lifting.

Yeah. I know. But brilliant mom who is looking out for my wellbeing only gets nonfat milk, and refuses to let me have otherwise.
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-09 03:07:27
September 09 2011 03:07 GMT
#11218
On September 09 2011 11:59 stevarius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 08:41 Froadac wrote:
>.>

Yeah. Having overweight family + being skinny sucks.

OK, chocolate/anyotherfoodthatisfood it is.


My entire family is full of a bunch of lazy slobs and fat motherfuckers.

There is no way to put it other than being blunt. The amount of women over 200 is ridiculous given their short stature.

I'm a diamond among the rough. I was skinny as fuck all throughout my life until just recently. Now, and going forward, I hope to be an inspiration to them to not be lazy asses and to put in some effort to better themselves. So many health problems go around my family(mostly distant relatives), but a large majority of it can be linked to them being obese.

Being skinny is fantastic and gives you a great platform to build on.


Btw, chocolate is bad. Milk isn't that expensive and I'd recommend half a gallon of it a day for someone at such a low weight. Why? It has a fantastic ratio of macro nutrients in order to gain weight from lifting.


No offense but if you read froadac's previous posts he said he has trouble buying milk because of his mother.

edit:aww froadac beat me
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-09 04:08:13
September 09 2011 03:59 GMT
#11219
Just ate four cups of lentil stew. Only thing in the fridge.

Lentils +various spices + carrots + water = NOT GOOD FOR WEIGHTLIFTING OR GROWING but = calories.

Speaking of which how good are lentils?
vicariouscheese
Profile Joined June 2010
United States589 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-09 04:14:45
September 09 2011 04:14 GMT
#11220
On September 09 2011 12:06 Froadac wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 11:59 stevarius wrote:
On September 09 2011 08:41 Froadac wrote:
>.>

Yeah. Having overweight family + being skinny sucks.

OK, chocolate/anyotherfoodthatisfood it is.


My entire family is full of a bunch of lazy slobs and fat motherfuckers.

There is no way to put it other than being blunt. The amount of women over 200 is ridiculous given their short stature.

I'm a diamond among the rough. I was skinny as fuck all throughout my life until just recently. Now, and going forward, I hope to be an inspiration to them to not be lazy asses and to put in some effort to better themselves. So many health problems go around my family(mostly distant relatives), but a large majority of it can be linked to them being obese.

Being skinny is fantastic and gives you a great platform to build on.


Btw, chocolate is bad. Milk isn't that expensive and I'd recommend half a gallon of it a day for someone at such a low weight. Why? It has a fantastic ratio of macro nutrients in order to gain weight from lifting.

Yeah. I know. But brilliant mom who is looking out for my wellbeing only gets nonfat milk, and refuses to let me have otherwise.


...still? -_-

Also you can't say water isn't good for lifting
Prev 1 559 560 561 562 563 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1119
WardiTV451
OGKoka 171
Liquipedia
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Afreeca ASL 11693
StarCastTV_EN311
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko390
OGKoka 171
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 13483
Bisu 4841
FanTaSy 3775
Shuttle 1715
Jaedong 1484
BeSt 947
actioN 781
EffOrt 606
Horang2 488
Larva 270
[ Show more ]
Leta 259
Zeus 249
Dewaltoss 116
Barracks 114
Mind 111
Sexy 83
JYJ 75
Mong 73
scan(afreeca) 61
sorry 57
ToSsGirL 52
Shinee 49
Sea.KH 46
Killer 41
Bale 35
sSak 34
soO 31
Free 26
Aegong 22
HiyA 15
Sacsri 10
zelot 10
yabsab 8
Dota 2
Gorgc2278
Dendi637
XaKoH 385
Counter-Strike
x6flipin253
Other Games
singsing2435
olofmeister1302
B2W.Neo561
crisheroes315
Pyrionflax206
Livibee146
dupreeh102
XBOCT78
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick590
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 181
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1469
Other Games
• WagamamaTV175
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4h 2m
Replay Cast
11h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 2m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
23h 2m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC S3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.