• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:45
CEST 19:45
KST 02:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)72Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7531 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 562

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 560 561 562 563 564 730 Next
ModernAgeShaman
Profile Joined January 2008
Norway484 Posts
September 09 2011 04:19 GMT
#11221
On September 09 2011 12:06 Froadac wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 11:59 stevarius wrote:
On September 09 2011 08:41 Froadac wrote:
>.>

Yeah. Having overweight family + being skinny sucks.

OK, chocolate/anyotherfoodthatisfood it is.


My entire family is full of a bunch of lazy slobs and fat motherfuckers.

There is no way to put it other than being blunt. The amount of women over 200 is ridiculous given their short stature.

I'm a diamond among the rough. I was skinny as fuck all throughout my life until just recently. Now, and going forward, I hope to be an inspiration to them to not be lazy asses and to put in some effort to better themselves. So many health problems go around my family(mostly distant relatives), but a large majority of it can be linked to them being obese.

Being skinny is fantastic and gives you a great platform to build on.


Btw, chocolate is bad. Milk isn't that expensive and I'd recommend half a gallon of it a day for someone at such a low weight. Why? It has a fantastic ratio of macro nutrients in order to gain weight from lifting.

Yeah. I know. But brilliant mom who is looking out for my wellbeing only gets nonfat milk, and refuses to let me have otherwise.


so what.. drink a shitload of skim milk then. it's better than nothing. stop whining and find a way to get the food intake in. do it behind her back. she's obviously not knowledgeable and you shouldn't let her hold back what you want.

either you want it or you don't. find a way to make it work
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
September 09 2011 04:22 GMT
#11222
Yeah, I've been too picky regarding calories.
Velocirapture
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States983 Posts
September 09 2011 04:57 GMT
#11223
I dont see why skim milk is so bad. Obviously whole would be better for bulking but the nutritional ratio in even skim milk is really good for building muscle mass as far as I have read. That being said I understand your uncompromising view. One of the great hurdles for me has been my mindset of "if it isnt perfect I dont want it at all". This attitude has served me well in academics but has screwed me over nutritionally countless times. Accepting the messy qualities of life, including nutrition, is one big step towards happiness. There is no reason you have to throw away what you have learned about diet because of your inability/failure to apply it here and there.
dudeman001
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States2412 Posts
September 09 2011 05:01 GMT
#11224
On September 09 2011 10:55 Release wrote:
since this is the most physical place on the website i'll ask here:
What do you guys think is the most effective style of self defense? (boxing, karate, etc)

Personally I like judo/jujitsu the most. A real fight is likely to end up on the ground where that style has such an incredible advantage. Plus you learn how to throw people :D
Sup.
MeShiet
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada290 Posts
September 09 2011 05:10 GMT
#11225
I can't believe it's already been 4 months since I started to lurk this thread and decided once and for all that I was sick of being weak and sickly all the time. Last workout before school officially starts, happens tomorrow and I'm excited as hell to throw the bar around. If my clean and jerk doesn't go up tomorrow, I'm not coming home. Stay awesome everyone =]
If you die this way, you won't live to tell anyone how you died
ModernAgeShaman
Profile Joined January 2008
Norway484 Posts
September 09 2011 05:16 GMT
#11226
On September 09 2011 13:57 Velocirapture wrote:
I dont see why skim milk is so bad. Obviously whole would be better for bulking but the nutritional ratio in even skim milk is really good for building muscle mass as far as I have read. That being said I understand your uncompromising view. One of the great hurdles for me has been my mindset of "if it isnt perfect I dont want it at all". This attitude has served me well in academics but has screwed me over nutritionally countless times. Accepting the messy qualities of life, including nutrition, is one big step towards happiness. There is no reason you have to throw away what you have learned about diet because of your inability/failure to apply it here and there.


skim milk isn't bad. it just has half the kcal of whole milk and for frodac who is in dire need of a real bulk, that complicates things.
besides, overeating on carbs and protein results in less fat gain than overeating the same kcal on fat. look at the bright sides
BouBou.865
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands814 Posts
September 09 2011 05:45 GMT
#11227
On September 09 2011 10:55 Release wrote:
since this is the most physical place on the website i'll ask here:
What do you guys think is the most effective style of self defense? (boxing, karate, etc)

Definately jiu-jitsu, definately. The people are great, it's practical and it's a mix so it doesn't get boring like ever. I'd say if you want to feel safe, do jiu-jitsu + a weightlifting program like Starting Strength.
Playing League of Legends. IGN: Plain Skill
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
September 09 2011 05:53 GMT
#11228
On September 09 2011 14:45 BouBou.865 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 10:55 Release wrote:
since this is the most physical place on the website i'll ask here:
What do you guys think is the most effective style of self defense? (boxing, karate, etc)

Definately jiu-jitsu, definately. The people are great, it's practical and it's a mix so it doesn't get boring like ever. I'd say if you want to feel safe, do jiu-jitsu + a weightlifting program like Starting Strength.

Yup, coming from a guy who has a black belt in tae kwon do, take jiu jit su. It's much more practical.
Official Entusman #21
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
September 09 2011 06:27 GMT
#11229
On September 09 2011 14:53 infinity21 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 14:45 BouBou.865 wrote:
On September 09 2011 10:55 Release wrote:
since this is the most physical place on the website i'll ask here:
What do you guys think is the most effective style of self defense? (boxing, karate, etc)

Definately jiu-jitsu, definately. The people are great, it's practical and it's a mix so it doesn't get boring like ever. I'd say if you want to feel safe, do jiu-jitsu + a weightlifting program like Starting Strength.

Yup, coming from a guy who has a black belt in tae kwon do, take jiu jit su. It's much more practical.

That being said (and it's true), the most practical is the one you practice the most. it doesn't really matter which of the basic full contact sports (JJ BJJ Muay Thai K1 etc) you do as long as you like it and it keeps you motivated.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
Steeped
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada87 Posts
September 09 2011 06:30 GMT
#11230
Almost finished my first week of new training regime haha and right after the gym tomorrow im going to the lake so i figured i'd post this now. A Layne Norton style of power lifting and hypertrophy lifting.
Day 1 Power lower body:
Back Squats- 185lbs 3x5 (maxed out at 210lbs after 3 months of SS)
Deadlift- 225lbs 1x5, 250lbs 1x3 (255lbs is my PR im going to try and break that on monday)
Front squats- 135lbs 3x5
Leg press- 200lbs 3x5
leg extensions/leg curls
Calf raises

Day 2 power upper body:
Bench Press- 135lbs (this is pretty much where i was at before my shoulder injury so im pumped to pass it on tuesday)
OHP- 85lbs 3x5
Wide grip Pull ups- 3x6
Incline bench- 105lbs 3x5
Bent over row- 145lbs 3x5
Lat pull downs- 145lbs 1x5 160lbs 2x5
Preacher curls- 60lbs 3x5
Skull crushers- 60lbs 3x5

Day 3,4,5 are all hypertrophy days with more sets and reps and i split my muscle groups up to 2 muscles per day. I am pretty burnt out and sore from this week but i cant wait to start next week and keep this up. Looking forward to seeing what kind of results this training can give me.
I never thought i would like powerlifting or strength training really but ever since doing SS i have grown to like it and dont want to stop doing it. At the same time tho being able to squat 700lbs isn't one of my main goals with working out.
Earll
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Norway847 Posts
September 09 2011 06:30 GMT
#11231
On September 09 2011 09:52 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 08:58 Earll wrote:
On September 09 2011 01:07 Earll wrote:
On September 08 2011 23:56 eshlow wrote:
On September 08 2011 23:28 Earll wrote:
On September 08 2011 21:46 eshlow wrote:
On September 08 2011 15:28 Earll wrote:
So sort of a simple \possibly stupid question. But exactly how does the amount I eat reflect in my results? I am 70~ kg, 1.80 cm tall and work out like 1 hour a day (1 day rest) a week. Following some sort of paelo diet. Am I right in saying that if i eat less than what I optimally should, my bodyfat (and weight I guess, depending on how much less than what I "should" eat i eat) will go down, but my muscle growth will also be slower, and if i eat too much i might go up in bodyfat\weight faster and have same muscle growth as when If i was eating the 'optimal amount'?

I started playing arond somewhat with a more fasting sort of diet as leangains recommends the last few days, but I think I am currently eating a bit less than I should. I go to bed at like 11~12, and wake up at like 7~8 , and then do not eat untill 12~13, where I have a small meal of like a fruit a vegetable and some yoghurt thing then, and then come home at say 4~5pm, and either work out straight away and eat my actual meal after (200g of some meatsort of thing, a fruit and some vegetables) or eat before the work out. As far as I understand I am supposed to eat after the work out, but sometimes I just feel really weak or whatever from not eating much all day so i feel its better to eat and get some energy to be able to work harder during the work out ?=p

Anyway after that one actual meal I am not really that hungry the rest of the night, so either I don't eat anything, or I just eat a banana or some shit, but nothing much. I have a feeling I should be eating more though, so should I eat 1 more 'full~ish' sized meal later at night regardless of how hungry I feel?


Working out 6 days a week? What exactly are you doing?

Good mass gaining routines like SS are only 3x a week.

You are pretty tall, and decently light you shouldn't be trying to lose any mass. Just gain it..

Basically, post what your workout(s) are and post what your diet is.

If you are doing lean gains you have to be eating A LOT at every meal to gain weight. It sounds like you are eating less than 2k kcals.


Yeah I am not trying to lose mass =p Trying to lose bodyfat though. I am following p90x (schedule can be found here = http://www.p90xworkoutschedule.com/ ). My diet I guess I kind of covered, but If i had to write exactly what I ate today\will likely eat today its something like:

wake up at 8, at like 12:30 I eat\ate 1 banana 1 cucumber 1 apple and 1 yoghurt like thing (skyr, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/skyr , which apparnatly is 94 kcal ). Got home from work a while ago now, will probably work out before I eat, then I will likely eat something like 1 can of pineapple, 200gram of the healthier(healthy) kind of minced meat (which should total like 250 kcal?), Some pepper\cucumber maybe some carrot. And then I am somewhat torn if I should eat a similar meal later in the day, or just eat some fruits\veggies, or what.

I guess currently my main goal is to lose bodyfat and gain muscle, not necesarily gain mass, but i will probably want to\need to gain some mass at some point, but I dont think my goal will ever be to become "huge" or whatever =p ?


Something like SS is better than P90 for that goal of losing fat and/or gaining muscle. Mass = muscle when we talk about that.

Diet you need more protein. Fist size ball of meat, fish, birds, eggs, or good protein source at EVERY meal.



well as of right now at least i wont be changing P90x to anything that requires more equipment and/or a gym membership. I'll probably just stick to it untill the 90 days are over and see what I want after that. I don't have the luxury of preparing any sort of hot food while at 'work' though, the skyr I am eating is pretty proteinrich though so i guess that will have to do. Does it matter much when I eat compared to work outs though? because right now I have my one midday meal at 12~, then I Get home from 'work' at like 3:30-4, Then I have the option of either working out right away when I am somewhat hungry/sort of weak, or eating first and then waiting a bit and working out later, when I might be able to do a better work out\be more energized?

Edit: And also, thank you for all the helps ^_^



Ok so ffuuu.. the more I am reading up on this + thinking about it the more I am thinking it is probably better to changing up my exercise program from p90x to more weight lifting or what have you. I'll probably start reading starting strength soon, as that has what I need to know? (But I mean it has like 300 pages, will it tell me what I need to do to start off the first few pages?)

I am still having somewhat hard time fully believing that this is the better option though but I don't see why : ( I guess I just have a really hard time letting go of the imagery i have already created in my head, that if I want to have like a more lean "swimmers type" body, I should do a lot more cardio and less weight lifting, and if I want more big muscles, either like body builder type, or bear\incontrol type, I should lift weights. But what is actually true is that the body type I get depends basically on what I eat, and that following something like starting strength is better either way? Apart from like Actually training for endurance\running marathons or whatever I guess?

Also I see a lot of the time it is mentioned that to get abs, you need to just lose body fat not actually work ab muscles, I get the part that having great ab muscles covered in fat will still just be fat. But if you get rid of the fat working abs must be important for that, no?

Also I am somewhat left with the feeling that my current exercise gives me a better.. full body work out than what starting strength gives me, though I am not sure why I am left with that impression =p

Edit: Oh, also, is there any reason at all to consider getting supplements for me (some protein like thing I guess)? Me being pretty new to lifting weights, having worked out (p90x) for 1 month, and 71 kg 180cm or so? Would it speed up anyones fat loss\muscle gain, so there is no reason not to, and some reason to get it , 'even for me'? =p

-you should probably be taking in 150 or so g/protein a day


So If i am not reaching that with the apropriate amount of food\KCAL i have set out per day it would be beneficial with some sort of protein supplemenets I Guess? Also do you have any idea what amount of KCAL is good to aim for if I wanted to gain a small amount of weight, but mainly focus on fat loss? (say getting up to 80~85 kg ?) Currently I think i am at about 150g protein or so a day but dunno about the KCAL, so could eiether just eat more meats i guess or supplement, or a mix.
Wat
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
September 09 2011 06:56 GMT
#11232
I keep failing 125lb snatch GRRRRRRRRRRRR
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
September 09 2011 06:59 GMT
#11233
Eshlow: Using only regular barbell at a house is it feasible/recommended to powerclean?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
September 09 2011 07:13 GMT
#11234
On September 09 2011 15:56 thedeadhaji wrote:
I keep failing 125lb snatch GRRRRRRRRRRRR


MAN UP AND DO IT HAJI RARRRRR

On September 09 2011 14:10 MeShiet wrote:
I can't believe it's already been 4 months since I started to lurk this thread and decided once and for all that I was sick of being weak and sickly all the time. Last workout before school officially starts, happens tomorrow and I'm excited as hell to throw the bar around. If my clean and jerk doesn't go up tomorrow, I'm not coming home. Stay awesome everyone =]


YOU KEEP BEING AWESOME.
On September 09 2011 14:45 BouBou.865 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 10:55 Release wrote:
since this is the most physical place on the website i'll ask here:
What do you guys think is the most effective style of self defense? (boxing, karate, etc)

Definately jiu-jitsu, definately. The people are great, it's practical and it's a mix so it doesn't get boring like ever. I'd say if you want to feel safe, do jiu-jitsu + a weightlifting program like Starting Strength.


Thats why i recommended MMA, ground game is always superior in a one on one fight because thats were all stupid fights end up, but having a striking background can end it before it even gets there. Being bigger and stronger than the person across from you never hurts. Last couple fights i've gotten into (drunk stupidness) i've literally just picked the person up and thrown them down and choke them out. I"m not a particularly good fighter but i can sure as hell pick someone up and throw them down.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
nemY
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States3119 Posts
September 09 2011 07:27 GMT
#11235
On September 09 2011 12:59 Froadac wrote:
Just ate four cups of lentil stew. Only thing in the fridge.

Lentils +various spices + carrots + water = NOT GOOD FOR WEIGHTLIFTING OR GROWING but = calories.

Speaking of which how good are lentils?


I haven't been keeping up which this thread as much, but I've been aware of your problems for awhile dude. I think I posted my suggestions before, but I'll post them again to reiterate my advice. My advice man? JUST EAT EVERYTHING. You're 17 and underweight? Fuck man just eat. You get lunch money or something? Buy a double bacon cheeseburger everyday and pound that shit out for lunch. You don't get money? Find a way to make money. Buy a 6pack of soda or some candy bars and sell them for a profit on the bus ride home man (then use said profits to buy more candy bars and then eat them) idk... use your brain you're smart it's not that hard to make a little bit of $ (if your parents won't let you work or give you $).

Just have this mentality

On September 09 2011 08:41 Froadac wrote:
>.>

Yeah. Having overweight family + being skinny sucks.

OK, chocolate/anyotherfoodthatisfood it is.


ALL THE TIME. GOMAD? No bro more like GOPIZZA. Eat a whole medium (fuck personal sizes they're gay) pizza as often as you can. You work out regularly? You'll put on weight.

Your parents only want you to eat their food? Then eat whatever they cook you, but double the portions. When they notice you eating more of their food just say, "I love your cooking mom! It's the best! . While you're at it, can you pass the string beans and cauliflower?" (or whatever stupid chit they want you to eat). Your parents let you eat cereal right? Eat the whole fucking box, then throw the box in the outside garbage can and play stupid when they ask what happened to the cereal they just bought you.

I'm not advising you to do this long term or anything, and if you can, eat healthier, but dude, you're 17 and underweight. When I was your age I was underweight too and I had a terribad diet (no breakfast, Jack in the Box 4 Lunch, whatever my parents ate or pizza for dinner) throughout HS and college, but still... miraculously struggled to put on weight? You want to know why? Because I really didn't eat that much! As a former really skinny person I think it's really easy to overestimate how much you are eating on a daily basis. So just take this advice:

Eat like a horse and workout like a boss, and YOU WILL put on weight.

+ Show Spoiler +
These statements not evaluated and approved by the TL Heath and Fitness Community. I'm not a dietician, this is just my fucking opinion
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
September 09 2011 11:11 GMT
#11236
Rugby World Cup opening ceremony is on followed by the all blacks vs Tonga game. I have beer and pizza and I just farted, my house cannot get any manlier.
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
September 09 2011 11:24 GMT
#11237
http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/forced_anabolism_how_to_overeat
Read this froadac, Not exactly your problem but follow the principle. Eat doesn't matter what, just eat everything and a lot of it. Get some cheeseburgers, they're cheap and have decent amount of calories.
Chocolate, nuts, peanut butter just eat everything thats calorie dense.
If your mother doesn't approve of it, just keep the jar under your bed or something.

And take a picture, so you can see the progress, makes it much easier when you can see clearly how much better more weight looks.
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
Advocado
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Denmark994 Posts
September 09 2011 11:25 GMT
#11238
I approve of Nemy's trolling of Froadac's family lol.
http://www.twitch.tv/advocadosc2
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
September 09 2011 11:32 GMT
#11239
On September 09 2011 15:30 Earll wrote:

So If i am not reaching that with the apropriate amount of food\KCAL i have set out per day it would be beneficial with some sort of protein supplemenets I Guess? Also do you have any idea what amount of KCAL is good to aim for if I wanted to gain a small amount of weight, but mainly focus on fat loss? (say getting up to 80~85 kg ?) Currently I think i am at about 150g protein or so a day but dunno about the KCAL, so could eiether just eat more meats i guess or supplement, or a mix.



Calories depend on your bodyfat%, and your weight. You need to calculate your BMR.
And decide what you want. If your small, screw fat loss, if your fat first lose some of it, you will have some beginner gains in muscle so eat at a deficit.
Just state your height and weight, post a picture if you want. And say whats your goal. WIll be much easier to help you reach it then.

Protein supplements are exactly for this purpose, not getting enough protein/cals through your normal diet.
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
September 09 2011 11:40 GMT
#11240
On September 09 2011 07:26 Malinor wrote:
Squat: 130kg Speed-sets: 10 (or 11)x2reps, approximately 30-45seconds rest in between sets
Bench: 110kg 5-5-5
Deadlift: 205kg x 5 PR; 180kg x 5
Dips: 5-5-5
Farmers Walk: 40kg DBs for 5 or 6 sets till failure

That was a pretty fantastic workout. Bench is finally the same as my PR in march 2010, but back then it was only for 1 set. Deadlift was hard but great, a new PR.
First time I ever did speed-sets with squats, I believe the weight was a little bit too high.
I want to do a little bit more conditioning, so I guess Farmers Walks are pretty good for that. Got maybe 25meters during the first walk, but that dropped pretty hard in the following walks.

@sjarl: what weight did you have to carry for Farmers Walks at your Strongmen competition?


GJ on the PRs. The Farmer's Walks we did were 100kgs in each arm. Had only practiced with 80kg in each arm managing 60m at most. Need to start working on them again.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Prev 1 560 561 562 563 564 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 2641
RotterdaM708
TaKeTV 306
IndyStarCraft 173
BRAT_OK 80
ZombieGrub35
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2641
RotterdaM 708
ByuN 379
IndyStarCraft 173
MaxPax 171
BRAT_OK 80
UpATreeSC 51
ZombieGrub35
RuFF_SC2 33
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3360
Shuttle 873
Mini 478
EffOrt 422
Rush 173
Dewaltoss 148
Mind 89
910 73
Zeus 70
HiyA 66
[ Show more ]
Shinee 60
hero 55
Bale 27
sorry 25
ToSsGirL 17
Sexy 10
zelot 10
Sacsri 8
scan(afreeca) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5619
qojqva2923
Counter-Strike
fl0m5245
pashabiceps791
Fnx 684
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2764
Other Games
singsing1985
Beastyqt798
ceh9672
mouzStarbuck247
XaKoH 121
C9.Mang074
QueenE72
Trikslyr65
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV205
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 111
• StrangeGG 31
• Reevou 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV186
Other Games
• imaqtpie514
• Shiphtur296
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
5h 15m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 15m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
17h 15m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.