• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:58
CEST 13:58
KST 20:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8186 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 560

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 558 559 560 561 562 730 Next
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
September 08 2011 17:27 GMT
#11181
sure, it doesn't matter much though.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-08 17:30:09
September 08 2011 17:28 GMT
#11182
No 5g creatine a day are enough. Whey is your own choice there is no real need to, if you don't get enough protein drink one in the morning or something.

Look for optimum nutrition gold standard on amazon or something.

edit: if you want something for pre workout just take 200mg caffeine.
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
inimenesc
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Estonia374 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-08 17:52:11
September 08 2011 17:36 GMT
#11183
Ok

The cheapest combo was that 5kg and 1kg together. Thats a lot of protein. Thinking of it and next month when i am changing to "advanced routine" going to buy them i guess. They should last for 1/3 of a year!

God i spend too much time in chat rooms, because i always want to correct myself and make more posts...maybe postcount collector :/
"When game is going full retard, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half retard, you´re fucking done for." -n0tail 2014
BouBou.865
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands814 Posts
September 08 2011 17:52 GMT
#11184
On September 09 2011 02:36 inimenesc wrote:
Ok

The cheapest combo was that 5kg and 1kg together. Thats a lot of protein. Thinking of it and next month when i am changing to "advanced routine" going to buy them i guess.

God i spend too much time in chat rooms, because i always want to correct myself and make more posts...maybe postcount collector :/

http://www.bodyenfitshop.nl/eiwit-toppers
It's a dutch site, all the animals @ my gym swear by it. They tell me the quality is good, and unbeatable for the price. But I doubt with shipping it'll be worth it : /
Playing League of Legends. IGN: Plain Skill
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
September 08 2011 17:53 GMT
#11185
Hope you can stomach it. Cheap whey is pretty disgusting.
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
inimenesc
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Estonia374 Posts
September 08 2011 17:55 GMT
#11186
On September 09 2011 02:53 glurio wrote:
Hope you can stomach it. Cheap whey is pretty disgusting.

Heh, i am going to drink it once a day...it cant be THAT bad.

BouBou, almost the same prize, estonia is so small so not so many buyers, that draws the proze up a bit.
"When game is going full retard, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half retard, you´re fucking done for." -n0tail 2014
Catch
Profile Joined September 2010
United States616 Posts
September 08 2011 18:13 GMT
#11187
Chin ups
45 lbs x 4-4-4

Lat Pulldowns
130 x 10-10-10

Seated OH Press
75 x 5-5-5

Rear Delt Row
95 x 10-10-10

Cable Standing Ab Crunches
110 x 10-10
90 x 15

Standing Calves
200 x 15-15-15
---
Didn't get the ab crunches like I wanted to, but their actually pretty hard. Resetting my press with as strict form as I can manage. Wrists both hurt now, but it'll hopefully be alright.
Victory Loves Preparation
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-08 18:19:06
September 08 2011 18:17 GMT
#11188
Hmm.... went to a diff gym today, decided that the bar is way too light to be 45lb, and did everything assuming it was 20lb.
Turns out the bar WAS 45lb lmao
(it felt very light during squats but I definitely noticed how much heavier it was during the bench)
Any suggestions on what to do? Do I just keep going up by 5 on what I did today?
Official Entusman #21
Logros
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands9913 Posts
September 08 2011 18:19 GMT
#11189
On September 09 2011 02:52 BouBou.865 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 02:36 inimenesc wrote:
Ok

The cheapest combo was that 5kg and 1kg together. Thats a lot of protein. Thinking of it and next month when i am changing to "advanced routine" going to buy them i guess.

God i spend too much time in chat rooms, because i always want to correct myself and make more posts...maybe postcount collector :/

http://www.bodyenfitshop.nl/eiwit-toppers
It's a dutch site, all the animals @ my gym swear by it. They tell me the quality is good, and unbeatable for the price. But I doubt with shipping it'll be worth it : /

I get all my stuff from there as well and it's great, best tasting whey I tried so far. But I have no idea how their international shipping is so that might be too expensive.
vicariouscheese
Profile Joined June 2010
United States589 Posts
September 08 2011 18:53 GMT
#11190
I KNOW you guys have missed me but I'm back, started SS advanced novice last week.

Currently at
Squats: 205lbs/93kg
Front squats: 135lbs/61kg
Bench: 175lbs/79kg
OHP: 85lbs/39kg
Deadlift: 225lbs/102kg
bodyweight chinups and pullups, everything three sets of five.

Might have to add in some arm workouts (blasphemy!) since they have gotten a little smaller since I switched from a really crappy bb split earlier this year. We shall see...
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
September 08 2011 19:06 GMT
#11191
weighted chin-ups work your biceps pretty hard
Official Entusman #21
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-08 19:17:57
September 08 2011 19:12 GMT
#11192
On September 09 2011 01:05 FiWiFaKi wrote:
I know not too many people here like isolation exercises, but I'm curious to what you guys think about hammer curls. Right now I have 3 bicep exercises ontop of pull ups, and I'm curious if it's worthwhile to do. If so, should I replace them with one of my bicep lifts or add another lift. Right now I have:

Standing barbell curl
EZ bar preacher curl
Sitting alternating curls

And I do back the same day so I get some bicep action too.


If you want them guns, isolation for arms of course is fine. But there is absolutely no need to do 3-4 different exercises for biceps alone. Seriously, after working your back, pick two exercises and do like 6 sets total in a higher rep range and you will be more than good. Personally, I like Hammer Curls and would definitely do them over anything but barbell curls.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
September 08 2011 19:27 GMT
#11193
On September 09 2011 04:12 Malinor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 01:05 FiWiFaKi wrote:
I know not too many people here like isolation exercises, but I'm curious to what you guys think about hammer curls. Right now I have 3 bicep exercises ontop of pull ups, and I'm curious if it's worthwhile to do. If so, should I replace them with one of my bicep lifts or add another lift. Right now I have:

Standing barbell curl
EZ bar preacher curl
Sitting alternating curls

And I do back the same day so I get some bicep action too.


If you want them guns, isolation for arms of course is fine. But there is absolutely no need to do 3-4 different exercises for biceps alone. Seriously, after working your back, pick two exercises and do like 6 sets total in a higher rep range and you will be more than good. Personally, I like Hammer Curls and would definitely do them over anything but barbell curls.


Personally I feel like between rows, and chins I get PLENTY of work on my biceps to keep them "balanced" to the rest of my body. I don't understand all the guys at my gym who are trying to walk around looking like upside down triangles. I don't do any extra bicep exercises. There would be no way I could reliably progresso n them after rows and chins anyway.
Sneakyz
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2361 Posts
September 08 2011 19:57 GMT
#11194
On September 09 2011 02:53 glurio wrote:
Hope you can stomach it. Cheap whey is pretty disgusting.

I've bought whey for 40€/kg and I now buy for 12€/kg, haven't noticed any difference in taste at all
I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-08 20:04:47
September 08 2011 20:03 GMT
#11195
USA olympic trials + senior nationals at the arnolds weightlifting championships!!!
http://www.arnoldsportsfestival.com/home/sports-and-events/weightlifting.html

This is going to be an awesome event! I heard arnolds is a freak show though since it has a lot of bodybuilders.
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-08 22:58:23
September 08 2011 22:26 GMT
#11196
Squat: 130kg Speed-sets: 10 (or 11)x2reps, approximately 30-45seconds rest in between sets
Bench: 110kg 5-5-5
Deadlift: 205kg x 5 PR; 180kg x 5
Dips: 5-5-5
Farmers Walk: 40kg DBs for 5 or 6 sets till failure

That was a pretty fantastic workout. Bench is finally the same as my PR in march 2010, but back then it was only for 1 set. Deadlift was hard but great, a new PR.
First time I ever did speed-sets with squats, I believe the weight was a little bit too high.
I want to do a little bit more conditioning, so I guess Farmers Walks are pretty good for that. Got maybe 25meters during the first walk, but that dropped pretty hard in the following walks.

@sjarl: what weight did you have to carry for Farmers Walks at your Strongmen competition?
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-08 22:36:46
September 08 2011 22:35 GMT
#11197
On September 09 2011 04:27 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 04:12 Malinor wrote:
On September 09 2011 01:05 FiWiFaKi wrote:
I know not too many people here like isolation exercises, but I'm curious to what you guys think about hammer curls. Right now I have 3 bicep exercises ontop of pull ups, and I'm curious if it's worthwhile to do. If so, should I replace them with one of my bicep lifts or add another lift. Right now I have:

Standing barbell curl
EZ bar preacher curl
Sitting alternating curls

And I do back the same day so I get some bicep action too.


If you want them guns, isolation for arms of course is fine. But there is absolutely no need to do 3-4 different exercises for biceps alone. Seriously, after working your back, pick two exercises and do like 6 sets total in a higher rep range and you will be more than good. Personally, I like Hammer Curls and would definitely do them over anything but barbell curls.


Personally I feel like between rows, and chins I get PLENTY of work on my biceps to keep them "balanced" to the rest of my body. I don't understand all the guys at my gym who are trying to walk around looking like upside down triangles. I don't do any extra bicep exercises. There would be no way I could reliably progresso n them after rows and chins anyway.


Well for me, my arms are a lot weaker than legs. Just comparing my ratio of bench to squat. it's like 1:1.6. Also personally I feel the powerlifters have pretty small arms for their builds, and no, I don't need or want those gigantic arms, but I would prefer to have them bigger as opposed to the legs.

As for my back exercises beforehand, I do lateral cable pull, pull ups, and one other one. But at that point I don't feel like I've exhausted my biceps nearly enough if I compare them to my back.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
September 08 2011 22:39 GMT
#11198
This just sucks.

I need to fine better food/protein sources.
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-08 23:04:27
September 08 2011 23:04 GMT
#11199
On September 09 2011 07:39 Froadac wrote:
This just sucks.

I need to fine better food/protein sources.

eshlow is probably gonna hate me for this one: You are 105lb for crying out loud, if you wanna grow and cannot get enough healthy food at home, just get yourself 200g of chocolate for probably 1$ each day and stuff it down your throat throughout the day. That's 1100 calories extra, that should be enough to get you to a reasonable weight pretty fast and then you can still proceed to eat healthy. But for now, you gotta put some weight on your frame.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-08 23:05:44
September 08 2011 23:05 GMT
#11200
On September 09 2011 08:04 Malinor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 07:39 Froadac wrote:
This just sucks.

I need to fine better food/protein sources.

eshlow is probably gonna hate me for this one: You are 105lb for crying out loud, if you wanna grow and cannot get enough healthy food at home, just get yourself 200g of chocolate for probably 1$ each day and stuff it down your throat throughout the day. That's 1100 calories extra, that should be enough to get you to a reasonable weight pretty fast and then you can still proceed to eat healthy. But for now, you gotta put some weight on your frame.


Nah, if you're gonna eat junk and take in the kcals chocolate is a much better choice than most other junk food.

I keep a bag of chocolate around sometimes.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Prev 1 558 559 560 561 562 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1119
WardiTV451
OGKoka 171
Liquipedia
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Afreeca ASL 11693
StarCastTV_EN311
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko390
OGKoka 171
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 13483
Bisu 4841
FanTaSy 3775
Shuttle 1715
Jaedong 1484
BeSt 947
actioN 781
EffOrt 606
Horang2 488
Larva 270
[ Show more ]
Leta 259
Zeus 249
Dewaltoss 116
Barracks 114
Mind 111
Sexy 83
JYJ 75
Mong 73
scan(afreeca) 61
sorry 57
ToSsGirL 52
Shinee 49
Sea.KH 46
Killer 41
Bale 35
sSak 34
soO 31
Free 26
Aegong 22
HiyA 15
Sacsri 10
zelot 10
yabsab 8
Dota 2
Gorgc2278
Dendi637
XaKoH 385
Counter-Strike
x6flipin253
Other Games
singsing2435
olofmeister1302
B2W.Neo561
crisheroes315
Pyrionflax206
Livibee146
dupreeh102
XBOCT78
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick590
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 181
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1469
Other Games
• WagamamaTV175
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4h 2m
Replay Cast
11h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 2m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
23h 2m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC S3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.