• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:53
CEST 09:53
KST 16:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8434 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 559

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 557 558 559 560 561 730 Next
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
September 08 2011 13:48 GMT
#11161
On September 08 2011 21:30 firehand101 wrote:
Someone please motivate me, im so fricken lazy, have quit all of my sports and all i do is go on my laptop about 7 hours a day, in year 11 and fitness is craphole. HELP!


Decaf before deciding to fix his life with proper diet and lifting heavy weights (god this is embarassing)
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us


decaf after eating a ton of meat, drinking a lot of milk, and lifting a fuckton of weights
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]


As you can see, you will go from a giant pussy into a muscular beast that has to defend himself from girls in their underwear attacking you that can do shit like this


(basically what energies said)
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-08 14:04:52
September 08 2011 13:50 GMT
#11162
On September 08 2011 20:50 Energies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 08 2011 02:12 decafchicken wrote:
@Zafrumi if you're doing fs with 90 for reps you should be able to get 50kg snatch in no time with a bit of technique work
On September 07 2011 18:43 Energies wrote:
And check out this freakish pass by Quade Cooper. This was the last tri-nations game a few weeks ago before we took the crown once again!

quade cooper is so fucking talented/athletic its unreal. probably my favorite rugby player at the moment.


Let's not forget the superman kick!

[image loading]


Or the best side-step in the world




On September 08 2011 21:49 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 08 2011 14:58 Ludrik wrote:
On September 08 2011 10:30 eshlow wrote:
I wrote that article, and I'm about to have a book come out in the next couple months on it.

I was actually wondering if you were still writing that book after reading the comments on your site from early last year I think.

What exactly will it be covering? Will it be solely on bodyweight progressions or are you also going into things like injury pre/rehab and diet?

I've always been interested in bodyweight exercises. I've never really gotten anywhere past the bare basics though (ie. pushups, pullups, dips). I find most of the progressions I've seen fairly daunting from both a flexibility and a strength standpoint.


Chapter list:
http://eatmoveimprove.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15&start=25

Feel free to ask some more Q's if you have any.

Training, injuries, yes. Diet, no. There's tons of books I would recommend for diet (e.g. Robb Wolf's Paleo Solution) before I would even think about writing my own book on that.


Can't wait to buy this!
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
September 08 2011 14:00 GMT
#11163
hahaha young decaf. priceless!
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
September 08 2011 14:21 GMT
#11164
holy shit decaf
Earll
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Norway847 Posts
September 08 2011 14:28 GMT
#11165
On September 08 2011 21:46 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 08 2011 15:28 Earll wrote:
So sort of a simple \possibly stupid question. But exactly how does the amount I eat reflect in my results? I am 70~ kg, 1.80 cm tall and work out like 1 hour a day (1 day rest) a week. Following some sort of paelo diet. Am I right in saying that if i eat less than what I optimally should, my bodyfat (and weight I guess, depending on how much less than what I "should" eat i eat) will go down, but my muscle growth will also be slower, and if i eat too much i might go up in bodyfat\weight faster and have same muscle growth as when If i was eating the 'optimal amount'?

I started playing arond somewhat with a more fasting sort of diet as leangains recommends the last few days, but I think I am currently eating a bit less than I should. I go to bed at like 11~12, and wake up at like 7~8 , and then do not eat untill 12~13, where I have a small meal of like a fruit a vegetable and some yoghurt thing then, and then come home at say 4~5pm, and either work out straight away and eat my actual meal after (200g of some meatsort of thing, a fruit and some vegetables) or eat before the work out. As far as I understand I am supposed to eat after the work out, but sometimes I just feel really weak or whatever from not eating much all day so i feel its better to eat and get some energy to be able to work harder during the work out ?=p

Anyway after that one actual meal I am not really that hungry the rest of the night, so either I don't eat anything, or I just eat a banana or some shit, but nothing much. I have a feeling I should be eating more though, so should I eat 1 more 'full~ish' sized meal later at night regardless of how hungry I feel?


Working out 6 days a week? What exactly are you doing?

Good mass gaining routines like SS are only 3x a week.

You are pretty tall, and decently light you shouldn't be trying to lose any mass. Just gain it..

Basically, post what your workout(s) are and post what your diet is.

If you are doing lean gains you have to be eating A LOT at every meal to gain weight. It sounds like you are eating less than 2k kcals.


Yeah I am not trying to lose mass =p Trying to lose bodyfat though. I am following p90x (schedule can be found here = http://www.p90xworkoutschedule.com/ ). My diet I guess I kind of covered, but If i had to write exactly what I ate today\will likely eat today its something like:

wake up at 8, at like 12:30 I eat\ate 1 banana 1 cucumber 1 apple and 1 yoghurt like thing (skyr, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/skyr , which apparnatly is 94 kcal ). Got home from work a while ago now, will probably work out before I eat, then I will likely eat something like 1 can of pineapple, 200gram of the healthier(healthy) kind of minced meat (which should total like 250 kcal?), Some pepper\cucumber maybe some carrot. And then I am somewhat torn if I should eat a similar meal later in the day, or just eat some fruits\veggies, or what.

I guess currently my main goal is to lose bodyfat and gain muscle, not necesarily gain mass, but i will probably want to\need to gain some mass at some point, but I dont think my goal will ever be to become "huge" or whatever =p ?
Wat
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-08 14:51:17
September 08 2011 14:50 GMT
#11166
lolwat? last time I checked skyr was pricy as hell in norway. Also, standard serving of skyr is 500g

i like thug decaf more though
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Earll
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Norway847 Posts
September 08 2011 14:56 GMT
#11167
On September 08 2011 23:50 sJarl wrote:
lolwat? last time I checked skyr was pricy as hell in norway. Also, standard serving of skyr is 500g

i like thug decaf more though


well its 16kroner a day, its pretty pricy i guess but not too bad =p the servings are 160gram or something I think
Wat
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
September 08 2011 14:56 GMT
#11168
On September 08 2011 23:28 Earll wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 08 2011 21:46 eshlow wrote:
On September 08 2011 15:28 Earll wrote:
So sort of a simple \possibly stupid question. But exactly how does the amount I eat reflect in my results? I am 70~ kg, 1.80 cm tall and work out like 1 hour a day (1 day rest) a week. Following some sort of paelo diet. Am I right in saying that if i eat less than what I optimally should, my bodyfat (and weight I guess, depending on how much less than what I "should" eat i eat) will go down, but my muscle growth will also be slower, and if i eat too much i might go up in bodyfat\weight faster and have same muscle growth as when If i was eating the 'optimal amount'?

I started playing arond somewhat with a more fasting sort of diet as leangains recommends the last few days, but I think I am currently eating a bit less than I should. I go to bed at like 11~12, and wake up at like 7~8 , and then do not eat untill 12~13, where I have a small meal of like a fruit a vegetable and some yoghurt thing then, and then come home at say 4~5pm, and either work out straight away and eat my actual meal after (200g of some meatsort of thing, a fruit and some vegetables) or eat before the work out. As far as I understand I am supposed to eat after the work out, but sometimes I just feel really weak or whatever from not eating much all day so i feel its better to eat and get some energy to be able to work harder during the work out ?=p

Anyway after that one actual meal I am not really that hungry the rest of the night, so either I don't eat anything, or I just eat a banana or some shit, but nothing much. I have a feeling I should be eating more though, so should I eat 1 more 'full~ish' sized meal later at night regardless of how hungry I feel?


Working out 6 days a week? What exactly are you doing?

Good mass gaining routines like SS are only 3x a week.

You are pretty tall, and decently light you shouldn't be trying to lose any mass. Just gain it..

Basically, post what your workout(s) are and post what your diet is.

If you are doing lean gains you have to be eating A LOT at every meal to gain weight. It sounds like you are eating less than 2k kcals.


Yeah I am not trying to lose mass =p Trying to lose bodyfat though. I am following p90x (schedule can be found here = http://www.p90xworkoutschedule.com/ ). My diet I guess I kind of covered, but If i had to write exactly what I ate today\will likely eat today its something like:

wake up at 8, at like 12:30 I eat\ate 1 banana 1 cucumber 1 apple and 1 yoghurt like thing (skyr, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/skyr , which apparnatly is 94 kcal ). Got home from work a while ago now, will probably work out before I eat, then I will likely eat something like 1 can of pineapple, 200gram of the healthier(healthy) kind of minced meat (which should total like 250 kcal?), Some pepper\cucumber maybe some carrot. And then I am somewhat torn if I should eat a similar meal later in the day, or just eat some fruits\veggies, or what.

I guess currently my main goal is to lose bodyfat and gain muscle, not necesarily gain mass, but i will probably want to\need to gain some mass at some point, but I dont think my goal will ever be to become "huge" or whatever =p ?


Something like SS is better than P90 for that goal of losing fat and/or gaining muscle. Mass = muscle when we talk about that.

Diet you need more protein. Fist size ball of meat, fish, birds, eggs, or good protein source at EVERY meal.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-08 15:09:00
September 08 2011 15:08 GMT
#11169
On September 08 2011 23:56 Earll wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 08 2011 23:50 sJarl wrote:
lolwat? last time I checked skyr was pricy as hell in norway. Also, standard serving of skyr is 500g

i like thug decaf more though


well its 16kroner a day, its pretty pricy i guess but not too bad =p the servings are 160gram or something I think


ouch o.O the 500g portions we have here (since it is originally icelandic lol) would cost you like 5 norwegian kr. Then if you go out of your way and buy it in like 5kg barrels you'd get it even cheaper.

might do a "recap" post in a few days since my 1 year anniversary with TL is coming up.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
September 08 2011 15:19 GMT
#11170
turns out, japan is great for paleo.

I stuff myself every night with fish (cooked, panfried, and sashimi) for about $20. Not bad.
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
September 08 2011 15:48 GMT
#11171
lol decaf I rememer when you looked like that!!
inimenesc
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Estonia374 Posts
September 08 2011 15:48 GMT
#11172
Huh, friend again dodged gym today, but it is only his loss...

Squats: 60kg 5x5
OHP 40kg 5x5
Deadlift: 100kg 5

ezz except those OHPs, dam i am weak on those. My squats are crap too.
i need to work harder...a lot of girls around there in the hall running or doing other athletic stuff....gotto look good, but it is hard when there are powerlifters beside me squating 200kg ezz.

Last night i found out that GOMAD isnt for me, i drank 1L of milk and it didnt come out as i expected it to come, shit was loose i can say... Gladly everything was OK in the morning.

I fear i am not getting my protein in because i dont cook for myself in the evenings, should i buy some suppliments to get that in? It is 35euros for elementar combo here, which includes Hero80, creatine and some after workout shit(protein/carbs (50/50) i think)
"When game is going full retard, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half retard, you´re fucking done for." -n0tail 2014
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
September 08 2011 16:02 GMT
#11173
On September 09 2011 00:48 inimenesc wrote:
Huh, friend again dodged gym today, but it is only his loss...

Squats: 60kg 5x5
OHP 40kg 5x5
Deadlift: 100kg 5

ezz except those OHPs, dam i am weak on those. My squats are crap too.
i need to work harder...a lot of girls around there in the hall running or doing other athletic stuff....gotto look good, but it is hard when there are powerlifters beside me squating 200kg ezz.

Last night i found out that GOMAD isnt for me, i drank 1L of milk and it didnt come out as i expected it to come, shit was loose i can say... Gladly everything was OK in the morning.

I fear i am not getting my protein in because i dont cook for myself in the evenings, should i buy some suppliments to get that in? It is 35euros for elementar combo here, which includes Hero80, creatine and some after workout shit(protein/carbs (50/50) i think)


If you have to buy protein, just get a whey isolate; that'll be the cheapest and have the least added sugar... and unless you're looking at a mass gainer, I don't think you'll want sugar. Shouldn't be hard to get through regular foods though... How much protein do you estimate you're getting?

Creatine is pretty cool to take though. Definitely noticed a slight increase in recovery/decrease in "tightness and soreness" the next day. If you think you might benefit from it, there's plenty of actual scientific research to back up the fact that it improves performance. Just drink plenty of water.
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
September 08 2011 16:05 GMT
#11174
I know not too many people here like isolation exercises, but I'm curious to what you guys think about hammer curls. Right now I have 3 bicep exercises ontop of pull ups, and I'm curious if it's worthwhile to do. If so, should I replace them with one of my bicep lifts or add another lift. Right now I have:

Standing barbell curl
EZ bar preacher curl
Sitting alternating curls

And I do back the same day so I get some bicep action too.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
Earll
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Norway847 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-08 16:08:39
September 08 2011 16:07 GMT
#11175
On September 08 2011 23:56 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 08 2011 23:28 Earll wrote:
On September 08 2011 21:46 eshlow wrote:
On September 08 2011 15:28 Earll wrote:
So sort of a simple \possibly stupid question. But exactly how does the amount I eat reflect in my results? I am 70~ kg, 1.80 cm tall and work out like 1 hour a day (1 day rest) a week. Following some sort of paelo diet. Am I right in saying that if i eat less than what I optimally should, my bodyfat (and weight I guess, depending on how much less than what I "should" eat i eat) will go down, but my muscle growth will also be slower, and if i eat too much i might go up in bodyfat\weight faster and have same muscle growth as when If i was eating the 'optimal amount'?

I started playing arond somewhat with a more fasting sort of diet as leangains recommends the last few days, but I think I am currently eating a bit less than I should. I go to bed at like 11~12, and wake up at like 7~8 , and then do not eat untill 12~13, where I have a small meal of like a fruit a vegetable and some yoghurt thing then, and then come home at say 4~5pm, and either work out straight away and eat my actual meal after (200g of some meatsort of thing, a fruit and some vegetables) or eat before the work out. As far as I understand I am supposed to eat after the work out, but sometimes I just feel really weak or whatever from not eating much all day so i feel its better to eat and get some energy to be able to work harder during the work out ?=p

Anyway after that one actual meal I am not really that hungry the rest of the night, so either I don't eat anything, or I just eat a banana or some shit, but nothing much. I have a feeling I should be eating more though, so should I eat 1 more 'full~ish' sized meal later at night regardless of how hungry I feel?


Working out 6 days a week? What exactly are you doing?

Good mass gaining routines like SS are only 3x a week.

You are pretty tall, and decently light you shouldn't be trying to lose any mass. Just gain it..

Basically, post what your workout(s) are and post what your diet is.

If you are doing lean gains you have to be eating A LOT at every meal to gain weight. It sounds like you are eating less than 2k kcals.


Yeah I am not trying to lose mass =p Trying to lose bodyfat though. I am following p90x (schedule can be found here = http://www.p90xworkoutschedule.com/ ). My diet I guess I kind of covered, but If i had to write exactly what I ate today\will likely eat today its something like:

wake up at 8, at like 12:30 I eat\ate 1 banana 1 cucumber 1 apple and 1 yoghurt like thing (skyr, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/skyr , which apparnatly is 94 kcal ). Got home from work a while ago now, will probably work out before I eat, then I will likely eat something like 1 can of pineapple, 200gram of the healthier(healthy) kind of minced meat (which should total like 250 kcal?), Some pepper\cucumber maybe some carrot. And then I am somewhat torn if I should eat a similar meal later in the day, or just eat some fruits\veggies, or what.

I guess currently my main goal is to lose bodyfat and gain muscle, not necesarily gain mass, but i will probably want to\need to gain some mass at some point, but I dont think my goal will ever be to become "huge" or whatever =p ?


Something like SS is better than P90 for that goal of losing fat and/or gaining muscle. Mass = muscle when we talk about that.

Diet you need more protein. Fist size ball of meat, fish, birds, eggs, or good protein source at EVERY meal.



well as of right now at least i wont be changing P90x to anything that requires more equipment and/or a gym membership. I'll probably just stick to it untill the 90 days are over and see what I want after that. I don't have the luxury of preparing any sort of hot food while at 'work' though, the skyr I am eating is pretty proteinrich though so i guess that will have to do. Does it matter much when I eat compared to work outs though? because right now I have my one midday meal at 12~, then I Get home from 'work' at like 3:30-4, Then I have the option of either working out right away when I am somewhat hungry/sort of weak, or eating first and then waiting a bit and working out later, when I might be able to do a better work out\be more energized?

Edit: And also, thank you for all the helps ^_^
Wat
inimenesc
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Estonia374 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-08 16:27:32
September 08 2011 16:08 GMT
#11176
something like this:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


its 2.2kg and 85euros...i dont have that kind of money

(cheapest way of getting protein.)

That combo is 32.50 euros and includes:

800g of Hera80g (protein powder)
300g of creatine
1000g of dextro which is actualy carb powder: grape sugar.

So i would have 1L drink i would mix those in and it should last for a month and a bit over.

So the combo is massgainers thing i think.

-e- also today started my extra course in history of religion and 2 courses discussing all problems and smaller religions. Teacher is funny and not tought on us, so love it
"When game is going full retard, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half retard, you´re fucking done for." -n0tail 2014
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
September 08 2011 16:39 GMT
#11177
On September 09 2011 01:07 Earll wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 08 2011 23:56 eshlow wrote:
On September 08 2011 23:28 Earll wrote:
On September 08 2011 21:46 eshlow wrote:
On September 08 2011 15:28 Earll wrote:
So sort of a simple \possibly stupid question. But exactly how does the amount I eat reflect in my results? I am 70~ kg, 1.80 cm tall and work out like 1 hour a day (1 day rest) a week. Following some sort of paelo diet. Am I right in saying that if i eat less than what I optimally should, my bodyfat (and weight I guess, depending on how much less than what I "should" eat i eat) will go down, but my muscle growth will also be slower, and if i eat too much i might go up in bodyfat\weight faster and have same muscle growth as when If i was eating the 'optimal amount'?

I started playing arond somewhat with a more fasting sort of diet as leangains recommends the last few days, but I think I am currently eating a bit less than I should. I go to bed at like 11~12, and wake up at like 7~8 , and then do not eat untill 12~13, where I have a small meal of like a fruit a vegetable and some yoghurt thing then, and then come home at say 4~5pm, and either work out straight away and eat my actual meal after (200g of some meatsort of thing, a fruit and some vegetables) or eat before the work out. As far as I understand I am supposed to eat after the work out, but sometimes I just feel really weak or whatever from not eating much all day so i feel its better to eat and get some energy to be able to work harder during the work out ?=p

Anyway after that one actual meal I am not really that hungry the rest of the night, so either I don't eat anything, or I just eat a banana or some shit, but nothing much. I have a feeling I should be eating more though, so should I eat 1 more 'full~ish' sized meal later at night regardless of how hungry I feel?


Working out 6 days a week? What exactly are you doing?

Good mass gaining routines like SS are only 3x a week.

You are pretty tall, and decently light you shouldn't be trying to lose any mass. Just gain it..

Basically, post what your workout(s) are and post what your diet is.

If you are doing lean gains you have to be eating A LOT at every meal to gain weight. It sounds like you are eating less than 2k kcals.


Yeah I am not trying to lose mass =p Trying to lose bodyfat though. I am following p90x (schedule can be found here = http://www.p90xworkoutschedule.com/ ). My diet I guess I kind of covered, but If i had to write exactly what I ate today\will likely eat today its something like:

wake up at 8, at like 12:30 I eat\ate 1 banana 1 cucumber 1 apple and 1 yoghurt like thing (skyr, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/skyr , which apparnatly is 94 kcal ). Got home from work a while ago now, will probably work out before I eat, then I will likely eat something like 1 can of pineapple, 200gram of the healthier(healthy) kind of minced meat (which should total like 250 kcal?), Some pepper\cucumber maybe some carrot. And then I am somewhat torn if I should eat a similar meal later in the day, or just eat some fruits\veggies, or what.

I guess currently my main goal is to lose bodyfat and gain muscle, not necesarily gain mass, but i will probably want to\need to gain some mass at some point, but I dont think my goal will ever be to become "huge" or whatever =p ?


Something like SS is better than P90 for that goal of losing fat and/or gaining muscle. Mass = muscle when we talk about that.

Diet you need more protein. Fist size ball of meat, fish, birds, eggs, or good protein source at EVERY meal.



well as of right now at least i wont be changing P90x to anything that requires more equipment and/or a gym membership. I'll probably just stick to it untill the 90 days are over and see what I want after that. I don't have the luxury of preparing any sort of hot food while at 'work' though, the skyr I am eating is pretty proteinrich though so i guess that will have to do. Does it matter much when I eat compared to work outs though? because right now I have my one midday meal at 12~, then I Get home from 'work' at like 3:30-4, Then I have the option of either working out right away when I am somewhat hungry/sort of weak, or eating first and then waiting a bit and working out later, when I might be able to do a better work out\be more energized?

Edit: And also, thank you for all the helps ^_^


the majority of calories should be consumed after your workout. thats when your body needs the nutrients most.
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
stevarius
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1394 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-08 17:02:13
September 08 2011 17:01 GMT
#11178
On September 08 2011 21:46 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 08 2011 15:28 Earll wrote:
So sort of a simple \possibly stupid question. But exactly how does the amount I eat reflect in my results? I am 70~ kg, 1.80 cm tall and work out like 1 hour a day (1 day rest) a week. Following some sort of paelo diet. Am I right in saying that if i eat less than what I optimally should, my bodyfat (and weight I guess, depending on how much less than what I "should" eat i eat) will go down, but my muscle growth will also be slower, and if i eat too much i might go up in bodyfat\weight faster and have same muscle growth as when If i was eating the 'optimal amount'?

I started playing arond somewhat with a more fasting sort of diet as leangains recommends the last few days, but I think I am currently eating a bit less than I should. I go to bed at like 11~12, and wake up at like 7~8 , and then do not eat untill 12~13, where I have a small meal of like a fruit a vegetable and some yoghurt thing then, and then come home at say 4~5pm, and either work out straight away and eat my actual meal after (200g of some meatsort of thing, a fruit and some vegetables) or eat before the work out. As far as I understand I am supposed to eat after the work out, but sometimes I just feel really weak or whatever from not eating much all day so i feel its better to eat and get some energy to be able to work harder during the work out ?=p

Anyway after that one actual meal I am not really that hungry the rest of the night, so either I don't eat anything, or I just eat a banana or some shit, but nothing much. I have a feeling I should be eating more though, so should I eat 1 more 'full~ish' sized meal later at night regardless of how hungry I feel?


Working out 6 days a week? What exactly are you doing?

Good mass gaining routines like SS are only 3x a week.

You are pretty tall, and decently light you shouldn't be trying to lose any mass. Just gain it..

Basically, post what your workout(s) are and post what your diet is.

If you are doing lean gains you have to be eating A LOT at every meal to gain weight. It sounds like you are eating less than 2k kcals.


The Layne Norton routine I do is 5x a week with 2 rest days that I normally do some swimming/cardio on. I'm gaining more mass than I ever did doing Starting Strength or Madcow 5x5 which were 3 and 4 days a week respectively.

Hopefully, the guy you quoted is doing a proper routine.

Edit: To the poster above me: It doesn't matter when you consume the calories, just consume them throughout the day so that you don't go through a point without fuel for your body to recover.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
September 08 2011 17:06 GMT
#11179
On September 09 2011 01:08 inimenesc wrote:
something like this:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


its 2.2kg and 85euros...i dont have that kind of money

(cheapest way of getting protein.)

That combo is 32.50 euros and includes:

800g of Hera80g (protein powder)
300g of creatine
1000g of dextro which is actualy carb powder: grape sugar.

So i would have 1L drink i would mix those in and it should last for a month and a bit over.

So the combo is massgainers thing i think.

-e- also today started my extra course in history of religion and 2 courses discussing all problems and smaller religions. Teacher is funny and not tought on us, so love it


Just buy cheaper protein powder, usually you can get 2.2kg for around 40 euros.
Dextrose you can get 500g for about an euro. And creatine 300g usually cost 15 euros.
Mix 50g dextro 30g whey 5g creatine as a post workout shake. If you need more calories just add more dextrose. Might taste like crap though, be warned.

Chocolate milk is a great weight gainer.
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
inimenesc
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Estonia374 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-08 17:24:06
September 08 2011 17:23 GMT
#11180
Should i take creatine before workout aswell (5g) and whey(30g)

so a mix of those before workout?

-e- didnt find any cheaper powders :/
"When game is going full retard, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half retard, you´re fucking done for." -n0tail 2014
Prev 1 557 558 559 560 561 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech169
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 387
Leta 286
Dewaltoss 110
sSak 63
Killer 41
Bale 34
ZergMaN 30
NotJumperer 30
Aegong 27
Shinee 14
[ Show more ]
yabsab 11
Noble 9
Sharp 1
League of Legends
JimRising 541
Reynor43
Counter-Strike
byalli0
Other Games
summit1g10567
olofmeister633
Sick196
Happy162
KnowMe24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick763
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1258
• Jankos645
• Stunt471
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 8m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3h 8m
Monday Night Weeklies
8h 8m
Replay Cast
15h 8m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 3h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.