• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:58
CEST 05:58
KST 12:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9534 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 556

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 554 555 556 557 558 730 Next
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
September 07 2011 00:23 GMT
#11101
uhhh i can jerk 145kg but i'd say my max OHP is closer to ~80-90kg (never tested it). Then again i dont push press or OHP much any more because from what i've been taught it is not very beneficial for your jerk.

@phyre - the thing that bugs me more than anything is when people say they are too small to play rugby! there's nothing farther from the truth. Arent you bulking up anyways?
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
September 07 2011 00:31 GMT
#11102
On September 07 2011 09:23 decafchicken wrote:
uhhh i can jerk 145kg but i'd say my max OHP is closer to ~80-90kg (never tested it). Then again i dont push press or OHP much any more because from what i've been taught it is not very beneficial for your jerk.

@phyre - the thing that bugs me more than anything is when people say they are too small to play rugby! there's nothing farther from the truth. Arent you bulking up anyways?


Working on it. I'd like to weigh 185 by halloween and 195 by the new year. But there's no way around it, I am weak for the moment. There's aalso the fact that I know nothing about the game. If anyone has advice for learning... even the rules would be good :p
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
September 07 2011 00:55 GMT
#11103
I cracked the top 10 of the TL.net fitocracy leaderboard!!!!
jjhchsc2
Profile Joined December 2010
Korea (South)2393 Posts
September 07 2011 01:15 GMT
#11104
On September 06 2011 17:46 4thHatchery wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 06 2011 17:19 jjhchsc2 wrote:
oooh wheres the TLHF subforum?

i also started chinups but i got some blisters on fingers doing them( both hands). any way to fix it? the blisters are at the top of the palm and below thr fingers.


I got blisters as well when i started working on a pullup bar, but they toughened up soon enough and don't bother me anymore.

.



ok. i will try to just ignore the pain until it toughens up.
thanks for the advice
Lee Ssang/ Lee Shin/ Kim Jung Woo/ Kim Min Chul/Jun Tae Yang/Park Soo Ho/Lee Jung Hoon/Choi Sung Hoon/ Moon Sung Won/Park Ji Soo/ Lee Ho Joon/ Jang Min Chul/ Kim Seung Chul/SaSe/IdrA/Ret Fighting! BW4Life
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
September 07 2011 01:26 GMT
#11105
On September 07 2011 09:31 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2011 09:23 decafchicken wrote:
uhhh i can jerk 145kg but i'd say my max OHP is closer to ~80-90kg (never tested it). Then again i dont push press or OHP much any more because from what i've been taught it is not very beneficial for your jerk.

@phyre - the thing that bugs me more than anything is when people say they are too small to play rugby! there's nothing farther from the truth. Arent you bulking up anyways?


Working on it. I'd like to weigh 185 by halloween and 195 by the new year. But there's no way around it, I am weak for the moment. There's aalso the fact that I know nothing about the game. If anyone has advice for learning... even the rules would be good :p


I'm a fucking encyclopedia. we can chat on msn sometime or something if you want
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
ModernAgeShaman
Profile Joined January 2008
Norway484 Posts
September 07 2011 05:44 GMT
#11106
On September 07 2011 08:49 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2011 08:18 Sinep wrote:
I don't see why people seem to think leangains is only for cutting bodyfat. Handsdown the best bulking program I've ever used. My challenge is that I overeat too much on the workout days and I'm noticing slight fat gains now.


Because of the impracticality of eating 1800-2k calories in a single sitting. I cannot fit that much food into my body at once, I need four meals minimum to hit my 3.5k calorie goals for bulking.

Just clocked myself hard in the jaw with my first jerk of the night. Fat lip and everything. Feels betterthough, I just have to get a wider stance... more drop to the leg going back.

What's a normal relationship in the jerk weight to an ohp or push press? I'm having trouble jerking 50kg because my feet wont get wide, but I cam push press that for 6-8 reps.



you can eat as many meals as you want.. if you have problems all you have to do to compromise is extend the eating window slightly. it takes some getting used to but it's manageable for anyone I say.
Advocado
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Denmark994 Posts
September 07 2011 08:03 GMT
#11107
On September 07 2011 09:55 thedeadhaji wrote:
I cracked the top 10 of the TL.net fitocracy leaderboard!!!!


Can you drop me an invite to fitocracy?
http://www.twitch.tv/advocadosc2
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
September 07 2011 09:40 GMT
#11108
On September 07 2011 09:23 decafchicken wrote:

@phyre - the thing that bugs me more than anything is when people say they are too small to play rugby! there's nothing farther from the truth. Arent you bulking up anyways?


^_^

[image loading]

On the right, George Gregan, former Australian Captain and half-back.
5'8" (174cm) - 170lb (76kg)
Bloody Legend.
--

Fuck I'm so hanging out for the world cup, COME ON AUSSIES!
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
September 07 2011 09:43 GMT
#11109
And check out this freakish pass by Quade Cooper. This was the last tri-nations game a few weeks ago before we took the crown once again!

"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
September 07 2011 11:15 GMT
#11110
was hoping to snatch 50kg for the first time this morning but I felt weak and tired so I only went for 42.5kg

got some nice front squats in though (90kg 3-3-3)
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
jjhchsc2
Profile Joined December 2010
Korea (South)2393 Posts
September 07 2011 11:37 GMT
#11111
argh. will post on monday my finished goal sheet/outline.
too sicck to workout.
Lee Ssang/ Lee Shin/ Kim Jung Woo/ Kim Min Chul/Jun Tae Yang/Park Soo Ho/Lee Jung Hoon/Choi Sung Hoon/ Moon Sung Won/Park Ji Soo/ Lee Ho Joon/ Jang Min Chul/ Kim Seung Chul/SaSe/IdrA/Ret Fighting! BW4Life
BouBou.865
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands814 Posts
September 07 2011 12:55 GMT
#11112
Not feeling sick at all anymore, life's great :D
Todays workout:

72.5kg squat 5-5-5
60kg bench press 5-5-5
90kg DL 1x5

Bench Press was hard, but it only gets better after today Dl's was totally doable, barely slowed down through the lift.
Playing League of Legends. IGN: Plain Skill
whiteLotus
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
1833 Posts
September 07 2011 13:12 GMT
#11113
is 5x5 workout better for losing weight than 3x12?
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-07 13:17:19
September 07 2011 13:15 GMT
#11114
you want the best program for losing weight? PUT DOWN THE FORK!

i.e.: eating less is way more important for weightloss than exercise. we advocate "less reps - more weight" here though. but not because its better for losing weight, but because its more effective at stimulating muscle growth.
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
September 07 2011 13:27 GMT
#11115
5x5 will stimulate more muscle growth which entail result in your body burning more calories. And due to the heavier weight it also places much higher stresses on your body spiking your metabolism for a period of time after weight training also burning further calories.
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
Necosarius
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Sweden4042 Posts
September 07 2011 14:39 GMT
#11116
I'm going crazy not being able to work out in a gym If it's not too much to ask for, does anyone have a good bodyweight routine? Can't really look for one myself because I've just moved to another city and I have a very limited access to an internet connection atm.

Also, if there's any opinion on The Warrior diet I would like to hear them I've just read it and I like it a lot but I don't know enough about nutrition and stuff to know how much of it is true.
Dalguno
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2446 Posts
September 07 2011 14:54 GMT
#11117
On September 07 2011 23:39 Necosarius wrote:
I'm going crazy not being able to work out in a gym If it's not too much to ask for, does anyone have a good bodyweight routine? Can't really look for one myself because I've just moved to another city and I have a very limited access to an internet connection atm.

Also, if there's any opinion on The Warrior diet I would like to hear them I've just read it and I like it a lot but I don't know enough about nutrition and stuff to know how much of it is true.


I would also like to hear some about it.
"I'm gonna keep making drones cause I'm a baller, and ballers make drones." -Snute
4thHatchery
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
Finland125 Posts
September 07 2011 15:05 GMT
#11118
On September 07 2011 23:39 Necosarius wrote:
I'm going crazy not being able to work out in a gym If it's not too much to ask for, does anyone have a good bodyweight routine? Can't really look for one myself because I've just moved to another city and I have a very limited access to an internet connection atm.

Also, if there's any opinion on The Warrior diet I would like to hear them I've just read it and I like it a lot but I don't know enough about nutrition and stuff to know how much of it is true.

I'm doing killroy's plan from the bodyweight article (section vii) in the OP. It can't be bad since eshlow linked it. You'll need a pullup bar or rings though.

I hadn't been satisfied with my training, and it turns out my rest times were way too short.
That's fixed now and also went on the scale today. 67kg! That's after breakfast, but still a new high. Wrists are slowly getting stronger and more flexible. I managed a few wrist pushups (not on knees) for the first time today, though I used quite a bit of momentum to pull them off.
pyrogenetix
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
China5098 Posts
September 07 2011 15:08 GMT
#11119
On September 07 2011 23:39 Necosarius wrote:
I'm going crazy not being able to work out in a gym If it's not too much to ask for, does anyone have a good bodyweight routine? Can't really look for one myself because I've just moved to another city and I have a very limited access to an internet connection atm.

Also, if there's any opinion on The Warrior diet I would like to hear them I've just read it and I like it a lot but I don't know enough about nutrition and stuff to know how much of it is true.

My regular gym here went bankrupt and closed down (lol shanghai) and the closest gym is like half an hour away so I'm just sticking to bodyweight.

I'm doing dips, chinups, pullups, a million variations of pushups, pistol squats, lunges etc

I'm also doing this thing where my feet are on a chair and I do a sort of press for my delts. I look like a fucking retard doing them but my delts burn so heh.

Gonna add weight later but for now my chinup is at 8 and pullups at 7 so that can wait. I also do some calf work but that needs a lot more weight.
Probably going to get some water tanks filled with sand etc to do shrugs. I'd hate to lose my traps.
Yea that looks just like Kang Min... amazing game sense... and uses mind games well, but has the micro of a washed up progamer.
Nazarene
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Denmark996 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-07 15:26:27
September 07 2011 15:22 GMT
#11120
Ok, time to stop fucking around with the deadlift, and start a Coan-Phillipi routine to get it to 200 kg.

Any tips sJarl?

Edit: Can't do lat pulldowns at my gym, so I was thinking weighted pullups instead?
Prev 1 554 555 556 557 558 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 212
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 625
Larva 80
NaDa 56
Leta 51
TT1 19
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm225
League of Legends
JimRising 690
Other Games
summit1g10174
WinterStarcraft424
Mew2King110
ViBE82
ArmadaUGS50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1360
BasetradeTV243
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream150
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1099
• Lourlo797
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 2m
INu's Battles
8h 2m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 2m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 2m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 2m
Replay Cast
19h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.