• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:58
CEST 05:58
KST 12:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9534 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 555

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 553 554 555 556 557 730 Next
shinosai
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1577 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-06 15:55:23
September 06 2011 15:53 GMT
#11081
On September 07 2011 00:50 glurio wrote:
well theres a difference between putting down 50kg quiet and 200kg.
dont think its doable in an appartment.


Have to second this. Once the weight gets heavy enough there's no such thing as putting it down quietly. I saw a dude deadlifting 500+ lbs the other day, and even though he put it down very slowly, you could hear the noise throughout the gym.
Be versatile, know when to retreat, and carry a big gun.
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
September 06 2011 16:02 GMT
#11082
@decaf, That 115 power clean and jerk was my friend who is 69kg. I can only power clean and jerk 100.

@dpurple, from my understand legumes have lectins which causes some diseases. Plus it cant be eaten raw, so its not good for you. :O
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
pyrogenetix
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
China5098 Posts
September 06 2011 16:26 GMT
#11083
On September 06 2011 17:27 [GiTM]-Ace wrote:
Hey new to this thread. Opened it up before but it was a bit too much for me at the time. Decided to give it a try again. Anyways I'm currently 6'3 265 trying to get down to 250 as a first goal. I normally don't have to much of a plan when I work out

. I do random exercises from diff workouts. Like the blood and sand workout somedays(my shitty version of it) Or some of the P90x workouts some other days( one Again my shitty version of it) My biggest weakness is my diet and gym consistency. I eat pretty shitty trying to fix it since I know how it important it is but its a work in progress atm. Also I always seem to get really motivated for a week or two and then just all goes away. For example every 1st 2 weeks of every month seems to be my " OK lets try this healthy life again"

I was skimming through the stronglifts 5x5 pdf since I thought about using that as my routine. But I noticed a lot of people were using this to bulk up? It seems like everyone is getting bigger using this. I want the exact opposite of this. Should I still do this?

Ill be browsing this thread a lot more often! I'm gonna do it this time.!


edit - Oh by the way this thread is mega intimidating so you guys know! Not sure why but I was literally afraid to post in it

Don't be intimidated. Doesn't matter where you start, it's where you stop. You have to want this.

It's a lifestyle change. It's not something you do for a few months and then stop. Make small changes to your life. Take the stairs, go for a walk after dinner. Most of your calories are burned throughout the day just sitting around, only 30% is actually burned from working out. Increase your daily movement.
It's much easier not eating 300 calories than it is to burn 300 calories from exercise.
Drink lots of water 2 liters a day.

After you get used to these changes then move on. Cut soda, count calories etc.
Yea that looks just like Kang Min... amazing game sense... and uses mind games well, but has the micro of a washed up progamer.
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
September 06 2011 17:14 GMT
#11084
I just wanted to say that I just started to write a SS-specific thread for the new forum. It will take a while to put everything together though, but since a lot of the stuff is already covered in the general exercise thingy, I guess I am in no hurry. If anyone wants to help out, be my guest and PM me.

On September 07 2011 01:26 pyrogenetix wrote:
It's much easier not eating 300 calories than it is to burn 300 calories from exercise.


If only this were true for me
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
rEiGN~
Profile Joined September 2010
369 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-06 17:42:38
September 06 2011 17:40 GMT
#11085
Guys, need some advice. My lower back has somehow got weaker recently (1-2 months) and I can feel it generally and also when squatting and deadlifting. I've had two lower back related injuries in the past when squatting and deadlifting, so my lower back probably has never been too strong to begin with; no recent injuries though. I do office work so I sit all day which doesn't really help the issue.

So the question is what kind of exercises and other procedures I should be doing to make my back stronger? Recently I've started doing RDLs and good mornings. I'm also wondering if I should deload squat and deadlift until I feel more confident about my back. Any help greatly appreciated.
TL.net Stream Viewer Count http://goo.gl/ahf1E
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
September 06 2011 17:47 GMT
#11086
On September 07 2011 02:40 rEiGN~ wrote:
Guys, need some advice. My lower back has somehow got weaker recently (1-2 months) and I can feel it generally and also when squatting and deadlifting. I've had two lower back related injuries in the past when squatting and deadlifting, so my lower back probably has never been too strong to begin with; no recent injuries though. I do office work so I sit all day which doesn't really help the issue.

So the question is what kind of exercises and other procedures I should be doing to make my back stronger? Recently I've started doing RDLs and good mornings. I'm also wondering if I should deload squat and deadlift until I feel more confident about my back. Any help greatly appreciated.



Try to get up and stretch once in awhile when you are sitting down. Or at least walk/stand around every 30-60 min.
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Onyx_Knight
Profile Joined May 2011
29 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-06 18:21:30
September 06 2011 17:53 GMT
#11087
Hey guys here with another problem and question. I am REALLY into frisbee and usually play everydayish. Monday of last week I was stretching my right arm really far in the air to try and catch a catch, and had severe pain. I still play and if I stretch to far ( what normally wouldn't give me problems) and I get really severe pain again, but after awhile it calms down a bit. If I don't stretch it to far, I can play fine with no problems.

Is it anything to serious? Will it just take time to heal? Is it okay if I continue to play on it? I am captain of an Intermural team, so need to keep playing if possible. Thanks!
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
September 06 2011 18:52 GMT
#11088
yea boi,

sup?

Well, I feel fat

170lbs, and 1.68cm, lifting 110kg squat, 140kg deadlift and benching 80-84kg .

somebody halp.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
September 06 2011 20:45 GMT
#11089
Great article from Dan John:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/40_years_of_insight_part_1
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
September 06 2011 20:46 GMT
#11090
On September 07 2011 02:40 rEiGN~ wrote:
Guys, need some advice. My lower back has somehow got weaker recently (1-2 months) and I can feel it generally and also when squatting and deadlifting. I've had two lower back related injuries in the past when squatting and deadlifting, so my lower back probably has never been too strong to begin with; no recent injuries though. I do office work so I sit all day which doesn't really help the issue.

So the question is what kind of exercises and other procedures I should be doing to make my back stronger? Recently I've started doing RDLs and good mornings. I'm also wondering if I should deload squat and deadlift until I feel more confident about my back. Any help greatly appreciated.


High rep reverse hyperextensions (15-20 per set... 3-5 sets).

Also, make sure you do mobility work for your hips, low back, and T-spine as those places tend to all gum up the SI and low back area.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
September 06 2011 20:47 GMT
#11091
On September 07 2011 02:53 Onyx_Knight wrote:
Hey guys here with another problem and question. I am REALLY into frisbee and usually play everydayish. Monday of last week I was stretching my right arm really far in the air to try and catch a catch, and had severe pain. I still play and if I stretch to far ( what normally wouldn't give me problems) and I get really severe pain again, but after awhile it calms down a bit. If I don't stretch it to far, I can play fine with no problems.

Is it anything to serious? Will it just take time to heal? Is it okay if I continue to play on it? I am captain of an Intermural team, so need to keep playing if possible. Thanks!

Need more details.

If you cannot describe it well, may be a good idea to see an orthopedic doc
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
September 06 2011 21:07 GMT
#11092
On September 07 2011 03:52 funkie wrote:
yea boi,

sup?

Well, I feel fat

170lbs, and 1.68cm, lifting 110kg squat, 140kg deadlift and benching 80-84kg .

somebody halp.


Quit being fat and be more awesome. Funkie i know doesnt use sad faces, HE LIFTS HEAVY SHIT while girls stare at him in awe.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
September 06 2011 21:07 GMT
#11093
Second day of new workout "light lower body", well it's much harder then the heavy day tbh. Doing 12 squats with lighter weight is much more taxing than 5 with heavy weight.
Pretty exhausted, i hope DOMS won't be too severe, job at the moment requires me to stand basically hours on end. Will be hell with DOMS.
Other than that, was really fun.
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
September 06 2011 21:22 GMT
#11094
On September 07 2011 02:40 rEiGN~ wrote:
Guys, need some advice. My lower back has somehow got weaker recently (1-2 months) and I can feel it generally and also when squatting and deadlifting. I've had two lower back related injuries in the past when squatting and deadlifting, so my lower back probably has never been too strong to begin with; no recent injuries though. I do office work so I sit all day which doesn't really help the issue.

So the question is what kind of exercises and other procedures I should be doing to make my back stronger? Recently I've started doing RDLs and good mornings. I'm also wondering if I should deload squat and deadlift until I feel more confident about my back. Any help greatly appreciated.


Do you make sure to keep your abs as tight as you can when you deadlift? Excesive intra abdominal pressure will keep your back always safe.
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
September 06 2011 22:25 GMT
#11095
On September 06 2011 12:41 eshlow wrote:
Those of you with access to the H&F forum start making some threads if you were planning on creating them. I'd rather have some topics in place so it doesn't go crazy once it opens up.

Show nested quote +
On September 06 2011 01:55 eshlow wrote:
For those of you who have some time because I am short at the moment, can you write up or pull up some information on:

some common myths explained like saturated fats, cholesterol, etc. What are good sources for specific nutrients would be a good idea.

I will likely write up the sat fats/chol/etc. once I have some time, but some information on sites/macros/etc. would be great


Once we get the nutrition thread ironed out I think we are a go for the launch.


Also, re: need more resources if possible


I can see what I can do about various food sources.

I'd like to help with managing/starting some threads over there but I'm not sure what the topic would be.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
dpurple
Profile Joined November 2010
Turkmenistan592 Posts
September 06 2011 22:34 GMT
#11096
On September 07 2011 01:02 AoN.DimSum wrote:
@dpurple, from my understand legumes have lectins which causes some diseases. Plus it cant be eaten raw, so its not good for you. :O



Yea but if they are cooked properly no more lectin. Beans and chickpeas so good, I eat every day.
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
September 06 2011 22:37 GMT
#11097
Today I went to the doctor for a followup. He said to only go to pt every 2 weeks to monitor progress. OKed me for powercleans. If I want to do that, (on top of rows, he said rows are super excellent for the problems I have) waht equipment will I need? I might end up witha gym membership, but in the interim I'm at my house, and don't have bumperplates. But then again my weights are super low so...

Any thoughts?
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
September 06 2011 22:59 GMT
#11098
On September 07 2011 07:37 Froadac wrote:
Today I went to the doctor for a followup. He said to only go to pt every 2 weeks to monitor progress. OKed me for powercleans. If I want to do that, (on top of rows, he said rows are super excellent for the problems I have) waht equipment will I need? I might end up witha gym membership, but in the interim I'm at my house, and don't have bumperplates. But then again my weights are super low so...

Any thoughts?


You can power clean without bumper plates if you really want to/need to. They're an awesome exercise, but you'll have to be careful about lowering the weight down, and then there's definitely a chance to bug your shoulder, or to bruise your thighs catching the bar there. I would recommend holding off until you get bumper plates, especially at home with your own weights, but that's personal opinion and I know others are going to say differently.

Was walking around the club sports fair today, and one of the rugby guys came up to talk to me. I put my name down, as well as my email, but I don't know anything about the sport, and I still consider myself to be essentially a straw man, so we'll see how that goes/how long it lasts. Damn I wish I weighed 200 lbs.

Leangains is awesome, but I'm not sure I can effectively utilize the program with how few meals I'm going to be eating. I'm torn between staying on it, and not staying on it, because I really want to be bigger more than I want to be lean, and it's going to be a CHALLENGE to get big with this meal schedule. Maintaining or cutting though it would be the clear voice of the gods. I think I'll go back to eating at night, and continue counting my calories, because it's time to get huge. Now I'm off to the gym; just C&J and Front Squats on the schedule today.
ModernAgeShaman
Profile Joined January 2008
Norway484 Posts
September 06 2011 23:18 GMT
#11099
I don't see why people seem to think leangains is only for cutting bodyfat. Handsdown the best bulking program I've ever used. My challenge is that I overeat too much on the workout days and I'm noticing slight fat gains now.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-07 00:22:29
September 06 2011 23:49 GMT
#11100
On September 07 2011 08:18 Sinep wrote:
I don't see why people seem to think leangains is only for cutting bodyfat. Handsdown the best bulking program I've ever used. My challenge is that I overeat too much on the workout days and I'm noticing slight fat gains now.


Because of the impracticality of eating 1800-2k calories in a single sitting. I cannot fit that much food into my body at once, I need four meals minimum to hit my 3.5k calorie goals for bulking.

Just clocked myself hard in the jaw with my first jerk of the night. Fat lip and everything. Feels betterthough, I just have to get a wider stance... more drop to the leg going back.

What's a normal relationship in the jerk weight to an ohp or push press? I'm having trouble jerking 50kg because my feet wont get wide, but I cam push press that for 6-8 reps.
Prev 1 553 554 555 556 557 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 212
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 625
Larva 80
NaDa 56
Leta 51
TT1 19
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm225
League of Legends
JimRising 690
Other Games
summit1g10174
WinterStarcraft424
Mew2King110
ViBE82
ArmadaUGS50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1360
BasetradeTV243
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream150
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1099
• Lourlo797
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 2m
INu's Battles
8h 2m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 2m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 2m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 2m
Replay Cast
19h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.