• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:41
CEST 07:41
KST 14:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7861 users

Boss-Rush RPG Challenge! A House of Champions - Page 5

Forum Index > Sponsored Threads
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All
Mikilatov
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States3897 Posts
April 11 2011 23:09 GMT
#81
Thanks skindzer, but I don't plan to submit this to any competitions, as it doesn't quite fit the bill for such things.

On that note, I'm working on the follow-up to my IGF honored game/experiment, which should certainly attract some attention in such competitions. =)
♥ I used to lasso the shit out of your tournaments =( ♥ | Much is my hero. | zizi yO~ | Be Nice, TL.
Fushin
Profile Joined June 2010
France193 Posts
April 12 2011 11:16 GMT
#82
I'll try to say it in a supportive way : I would really be interested even there was a stronger emphasis on the story. I do like the idea of a difficult game, but when i play rpg, the story matter a lot to me.

Maybe the next one will be more to my tastes, i'd love to help a fellow TLer while playing RPG between GSL/TSL matchs
Mikilatov
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States3897 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-12 13:25:31
April 12 2011 13:23 GMT
#83
Hehe, that's funny that you mention that Fushin, because I actually am the same way. =) In fact, almost all my projects are heavily narrative focused (although not RPG's), but I wanted to take a break from that and focus on pure gameplay for this. While it's not focused on narrative directly, I was very careful about constructing the characters themselves.

The goal with the characters was to actually NOT have them talk much, but to have them take archetypal roles that players would immediately relate to. They're inevitably one-dimensional and predictable but that's what's so memorable about them in the context of the game (at least I hope). This game would be hindered rather than helped by a deep story, I feel. The character's entire personality is generally wrapped up into one defining word. + Show Spoiler +
Lisa(Blue), Alexi(Honor), Envictus(Faith), Nafarious(Friendly), Arcturus(Troubled), Vandorian(Insane), etc. etc.
You probably won't get this if you haven't played the game, but I'm sure if I asked someone who played this today, in 5 years, what 'Lisa, the Blue Girl' has to say about something, or what 'Alexi, of the Royal Flight' would say about something, they'd be able to tell me. + Show Spoiler [Answer] +
"blah blah blah, something about blue," and "blah blah blah something about royalty/honor/hisfather."

I like to compare it to the 'Punch-Out' games, where all these characters say like 2 lines of dialogue total, yet are very memorable and defined in people's minds. I feel like I know everything there is to know about a character like 'Glass Joe', yet I have only read like 4 lines of dialogue from him in total.

That was lengthier than I wanted it to be, I hope someone finds it interesting. =P
♥ I used to lasso the shit out of your tournaments =( ♥ | Much is my hero. | zizi yO~ | Be Nice, TL.
shinigami
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
Canada423 Posts
April 13 2011 14:35 GMT
#84
Any plans to distribute this over Steam?
I was thinking about joining a debate club, but I was talked out of it.
Mikilatov
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States3897 Posts
April 13 2011 15:02 GMT
#85
On April 13 2011 23:35 shinigami wrote:
Any plans to distribute this over Steam?


This was mentioned back on page 2, but sorry it will not be released on Steam. Gamersgate and Impulse fit it better, since it's a bit small scale. The Gamersgate version is standalone, so you can add it as a 'non-steam' game into steam games list if you'd like.
♥ I used to lasso the shit out of your tournaments =( ♥ | Much is my hero. | zizi yO~ | Be Nice, TL.
shinigami
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
Canada423 Posts
April 13 2011 15:31 GMT
#86
Thanks, that definitely helps because I really dislike Impulse.
I was thinking about joining a debate club, but I was talked out of it.
faylayen
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands62 Posts
April 13 2011 18:11 GMT
#87
Is it a bug that Malvo doesn't have a hp bar?

I don't know if i am fighting him right now without it
EscPlan9
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2777 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-13 20:29:27
April 13 2011 20:28 GMT
#88
There's a few bosses where there either is no HP bar for the entire battle, or just for certain phase(s) of it. Was Malvo the illusionist one? Talk with the NPCs and you'll be able to figure out which one you're fighting. I'm sure not having an HP bar there was intended - you need to know which ones are "adds" and which one is the boss himself. It would be too easy if the HP bar was shown and went down when you hit the right one. (Correct me if I'm wrong Mikilatov)

They still will die after some time - just you don't get privy to that information.
Undefeated TL Tecmo Super Bowl League Champion
Mikilatov
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States3897 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-14 08:59:25
April 13 2011 23:31 GMT
#89
=) It's not a bug. A couple bosses don't have it for one reason or another. Malvo's being because, well, he's a sneaky bastard.

+ Show Spoiler [Malvo Tip] +
If you still can't seem to beat him, try to pay close attention to his debuff status manually (since you don't get the luxury of seeing his hp bar / debuffs), and try to keep 'ATK Down' on him.
♥ I used to lasso the shit out of your tournaments =( ♥ | Much is my hero. | zizi yO~ | Be Nice, TL.
oddsprout
Profile Joined October 2009
53 Posts
April 13 2011 23:45 GMT
#90
bought and undefeated now rawr ~ ty for making this <3 oldschool rpgs
If youre a shichibukai... then Im a hachibukai!
faylayen
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands62 Posts
April 14 2011 06:39 GMT
#91
Ok, Thanks EscPlan9 and Miki

I just have to try harder then, i thought i was doing it wrong because of it (silly me).
Frozenzen
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden97 Posts
April 15 2011 09:34 GMT
#92
After trying the demo this was bought quickly, love the concept. It reminds me a lot more of SMT games than other turn based RPGs though as there is a tactic other than "overlevel and destroy the boss in one round" needed .
Panictek
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom34 Posts
April 15 2011 10:57 GMT
#93
Just bought this and really enjoying it
However sometimes it will launch into full screen (even though i have the option unchecked) at random, is there a workaround for this or am i just being an idiot?
In windows 7 64-bit if it matters

Thanks again for a really fun game :D
Mikilatov
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States3897 Posts
April 15 2011 13:33 GMT
#94
Panictek, try using alt+enter! That should toggle fullscreen on and off for you.
♥ I used to lasso the shit out of your tournaments =( ♥ | Much is my hero. | zizi yO~ | Be Nice, TL.
Mikilatov
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States3897 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-15 21:25:51
April 15 2011 19:34 GMT
#95
Hey everyone, this is gonna get closed up soon.

Thanks to everyone who supported this, and if anyone needs to get in contact with me for anything related (or I guess unrelated) to the game, feel free to PM me.

I've yet to have anyone who purchased it tell me they didn't like it, and I've gotten TONS of emails/posts/pms from people telling me they loved it, so I'd say it was an overall success!

It'll still be up on Gamersgate and Impulse for quite some time, so tell your friends about it, and if you're happening to stumble upon this after it gets closed, you should still go check it out. =)

Thanks again! <3
-Miki
♥ I used to lasso the shit out of your tournaments =( ♥ | Much is my hero. | zizi yO~ | Be Nice, TL.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 141
-ZergGirl 87
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1932
910 70
sorry 47
Bale 38
NotJumperer 18
yabsab 14
ZergMaN 11
Icarus 8
Noble 8
Dota 2
LuMiX1
League of Legends
JimRising 659
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox644
Mew2King38
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor132
Other Games
summit1g6928
WinterStarcraft406
PiGStarcraft267
C9.Mang0259
Sick197
Livibee162
ArmadaUGS51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick634
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream232
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2314
League of Legends
• Stunt446
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
5h 19m
Stellar Fest
7h 19m
The PondCast
1d 4h
OSC
1d 7h
Stellar Fest
1d 7h
OSC
1d 18h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.