• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:00
CEST 14:00
KST 21:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9513 users

Boss-Rush RPG Challenge! A House of Champions - Page 4

Forum Index > Sponsored Threads
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Mikilatov
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States3897 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-10 07:57:58
April 10 2011 07:26 GMT
#61
So no fek, + Show Spoiler +
Yeah, she's a bit easier once you realize you've just gotta use your resting periods well and burst out of them.


42x10, sorry you feel that way, but the OP is quite conclusive in what this game is. Many have purchased it and I've gotten a ton of positive feedback, and no negative feedback beyond minor suggestions from any of them. If you're not interested, just don't purchase it. PM me if you'd like to discuss it further, please!
♥ I used to lasso the shit out of your tournaments =( ♥ | Much is my hero. | zizi yO~ | Be Nice, TL.
So no fek
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3001 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-10 11:38:40
April 10 2011 10:18 GMT
#62
Just beat it, and really enjoyed my adventure. Definitely a solid bit of pure gameplay. I don't think there was a boss I didn't like, though some are certainly more fleshed out than others. Would highly recommend this game to anyone considering it; you'll wont find many better deals for the $7.50 - works out to less than a $1 an hour if you play all the way through.


+ Show Spoiler [Addressing an earlier point] +
The Alexandra fight can be REALLY hard if she keeps freezing your healer/debuffremoval ability,

I actually had this happen a few times, but it wasn't that big of a deal. She was never really a one-shot like danger to a particular character, and was more about chipping away all characters at the same time. I basically just saved the all purpose ailment cure and freezing cure items until my healer was frozen, then used them. There was a time or two when I'd use it, and he'd just be frozen again. But as I said, it wasn't the biggest deal as long as I was able to get a heal off every now and then, and just bandage/first aid kit a character if really necessary.

+ Show Spoiler +

Damn, those last two bosses were great. Seriously, easily the best two in the game mechanic-wise.

+ Show Spoiler [more detailed on bosses 1/2] +
I thought Natalie was going to be tough with her 3 hit normal attack and occasional instant kill. But after I got the hang of remembering to use the Soul catcher, I don't think there's a way to lose. I also managed to dodge the instant kill more than once, so that didn't hurt. But I basically kept putting the Guardian in harms way so he could die and I could revive him with full health/mana. That's seriously an OP item right there. Still, even though I didn't really feel any sense of danger after I saw all her abilities, I really enjoyed the fight.

Number one on the other hand, was actually a really fun challenge. I wasted a bit of mana at the start, before I caught on that he goes through stages. After that it was pretty easy. Was also nice having health/mana reset for the second phase.

Man, fuck Massacre. I went from 50-0% without Agility. I had decided that I'd save my souls for Defense, so that left my less potent traditional item for everyone else; I'm thinking I used one of each in the first phase. So by the time I got there, bringing everyone up after Massacre and hoping they didn't get one shot if I didn't have the mana to heal.

Came down to the wire. I had run entirely out of HP/SP/revive items by just after the last Massacre. Basically was a whole lot of All defend/Lifefall/Light's Wrath/repeat. With the occasional larger heal on Defense. Power died at around 5%, and I celebrated almost a bit too prematurely; I had done a round of attacks and the bar looked entirely depleted but it wasn't a kill. I had about 600 HP on both Strength/Defense at this point and not enough to cast much on either. Luckily I was able to defend a round an end it with a elemental attack/Light's Wrath overkill.

Was a really rewarding fight to win
.
#1 Shuttle fan - TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #36 BW4lyfe
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19258 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-10 12:32:37
April 10 2011 12:31 GMT
#63
I wanted to nab the demo after reading the OP but the site is down
Must read better...demo isn't on the site....but the site is still down.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
keeblur
Profile Joined April 2010
United States826 Posts
April 10 2011 12:53 GMT
#64
Is that what these types of games are called? I always just called them "Old NES FF type games". Looks good though, might have to check it out.
Isn't it ironic and selfish to say that God made man in his image, when God was made in man's image?
Baerinho
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany257 Posts
April 10 2011 13:08 GMT
#65
downloaded the Demo, immidiatley felt like 15 years back playing Final Fantasy 6 on a SNES and the likes. Bought it, downloading atm. More then worth the 5€, espicially supporting Indie devs.
Tal0n
Profile Joined April 2010
United States175 Posts
April 10 2011 14:15 GMT
#66
is there any possibility for this to come out on some sort of hand-held device or the iphone? i dont think i would beat it so im not sure whether i should buy it or not...
RuN
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Brazil234 Posts
April 10 2011 16:14 GMT
#67
Well sir ! I will support you indeed ! If you ever need some 3D work for your future project do look me up. I might just stream this to get the word out for you !
My Portfolio ! http:/www.mgs3d.com
EscPlan9
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2777 Posts
April 10 2011 16:33 GMT
#68
On April 10 2011 23:15 Tal0n wrote:
is there any possibility for this to come out on some sort of hand-held device or the iphone? i dont think i would beat it so im not sure whether i should buy it or not...


See response in page 2. Quick answer: very unlikely.
Undefeated TL Tecmo Super Bowl League Champion
CidO
Profile Joined June 2010
United States695 Posts
April 10 2011 16:35 GMT
#69
On April 10 2011 22:08 Baerinho wrote:
downloaded the Demo, immidiatley felt like 15 years back playing Final Fantasy 6 on a SNES and the likes. Bought it, downloading atm. More then worth the 5€, espicially supporting Indie devs.

Looking at it I was thinking more along the lines of Earthbound if staying on SNES, or going back to DQ on NES :D Going to try the demo soon, liked the little video so far.
:P
Mikilatov
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States3897 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-10 17:15:40
April 10 2011 16:35 GMT
#70
Congratulations So no fek! You're the first undefeated player, beating out someone else (I don't think a TL user) by 3 hours and 28 minutes, haha. Good work. Glad you liked the last two a bunch.

I'll be updating the undefeated page very soon. Updated the page, also updated the OP with more testimonials and a congrats to So no fek. =)

On April 10 2011 21:31 tofucake wrote:
I wanted to nab the demo after reading the OP but the site is down
Must read better...demo isn't on the site....but the site is still down.


Sorry about this. The site has recieved a bit more traffic than expected and keeps blipping out for 3-30 minutes at a time. If it's ever out, it should come back shortly.
♥ I used to lasso the shit out of your tournaments =( ♥ | Much is my hero. | zizi yO~ | Be Nice, TL.
Baerinho
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany257 Posts
April 10 2011 21:37 GMT
#71
played about two hours now, still loving it. Also like the way H to the otbid handled those guys just churning out hate. I payed 5€ for a game that will entertain me for 10 hours+, if you compare that with lets say 60 Euros for all those Assembly Line produced games like CoD or MoH that have a 5 hours single player campaign, i got more than my moneys worth.
Heck, going to the movies costs me 15€.

Anyway, love the game, and getting tired of all the haters. If you dont like it, dont buy it, and dont go on my/our nerves with repeated posts why you think 5€ is too much....

good work
TreeEskimo
Profile Joined February 2011
United States7 Posts
April 10 2011 23:24 GMT
#72
Just beat the game undefeated - was really fun, overall a bit on the easy side though. Took me ~7hours, but I beat almost all the bosses on my first try.

Definitely worth the money if you enjoy turn-based boss battles.
Famous Quote
Mikilatov
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States3897 Posts
April 10 2011 23:33 GMT
#73
On April 11 2011 08:24 TreeEskimo wrote:
Just beat the game undefeated - was really fun, overall a bit on the easy side though. Took me ~7hours, but I beat almost all the bosses on my first try.

Definitely worth the money if you enjoy turn-based boss battles.


A couple of you guys are awfully speedy, haha. My testers took much longer on average and tended to struggle with ~half of the bosses. I'm glad you still enjoyed it!
♥ I used to lasso the shit out of your tournaments =( ♥ | Much is my hero. | zizi yO~ | Be Nice, TL.
Cyber_Cheese
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia3615 Posts
April 11 2011 02:32 GMT
#74
the fight with hammer was awesome up untill
+ Show Spoiler +
he randomly one hit ko'd himself
The moment you lose confidence in yourself, is the moment the world loses it's confidence in you.
EscPlan9
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2777 Posts
April 11 2011 03:11 GMT
#75
A few of the bosses towards the start seemed difficult, but afterwards has been pretty easy. It may just be because I've gotten better at the mechanics in the game and adjusting in battle. Also, since I am not going for an undefeated run from the start, I've been able to buff up my characters a few times when I messed up the fight.

As long as you talk to all the NPCs you won't have much trouble finding out the general strategy to use. Finding the specific ability(s) to use at the right time can require some trial and error though.

I'm down to the final two now!

That blue girl is funny
+ Show Spoiler +
with the blue elephant net being used to catch the red elephant joke
Undefeated TL Tecmo Super Bowl League Champion
So no fek
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3001 Posts
April 11 2011 03:51 GMT
#76
On April 11 2011 12:11 EscPlan9 wrote:
A few of the bosses towards the start seemed difficult, but afterwards has been pretty easy. It may just be because I've gotten better at the mechanics in the game and adjusting in battle. Also, since I am not going for an undefeated run from the start, I've been able to buff up my characters a few times when I messed up the fight.

As long as you talk to all the NPCs you won't have much trouble finding out the general strategy to use. Finding the specific ability(s) to use at the right time can require some trial and error though.

I'm down to the final two now!

That blue girl is funny
+ Show Spoiler +
with the blue elephant net being used to catch the red elephant joke


Yeah, really chuckled a bit at that joke. Also Miki's Cloak is so amazingly overpowered. <3
#1 Shuttle fan - TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #36 BW4lyfe
Mikilatov
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States3897 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-11 04:56:30
April 11 2011 04:41 GMT
#77
On April 11 2011 11:32 Cyber_Cheese wrote:
the fight with hammer was awesome up untill
+ Show Spoiler +
he randomly one hit ko'd himself


Heh, yeah, I've heard this from 2 people now, and here's my thoughts.

+ Show Spoiler [On Hammer and Difficulty] +
The original design required you to kill him, but recieved a bit of "well, once you know what you're doing it just feels REALLY long" from testers, and I agreed. So I actually INCREASED his abilities a bunch and turned it into a bit of a survival thing. The other issue was that previous to changing it, he seemed very plain in comparison to other bosses. While I wanted a couple of the bosses to feel very 'standard', Hammer wasn't one of them.

Regardless of all this it seems you guys are weathering his storm a bit easier than expected. I think the skill levels of my playtesters was simply lacking. During testing, the best performing tester had to replay 10 of the bosses, many of those multiple times, to get through it undefeated.

Despite this, I hope you guys are still feeling relatively challenged, and are enjoying the fights still.
♥ I used to lasso the shit out of your tournaments =( ♥ | Much is my hero. | zizi yO~ | Be Nice, TL.
EscPlan9
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2777 Posts
April 11 2011 05:11 GMT
#78
I finished my first playthrough of the game. I never go for 100% completion on first try, so it wasn't the undefeated run. I'll give that a shot at a later time. Anyways, took me just under 9 hours (with about 5 dies/retries) to complete it according to the playtime.

Thoughts...
+ Show Spoiler +

With the last 10 bosses I was losing interest. I only had to retry once in those last 10-12 when I realized I REALLY needed to wear some Ice elemental gear. Otherwise I pretty much just stuck with gear that benefitted each members stats the best.

I think part of the problem was with the combat system as is, there is limited options you can do to increase the challenges of the game. For additional challenges and complexity, there would need to be a revamped combat system. If it is going to stick as a turn-based menu-style combat like this, there could be more options to choose from during battle to allow for greater variety. Otherwise, a real-time, or semi-real-time battle system revamp would make it much more interesting (though require a LOT more time, and dunno how expansive the RPG designer is).

I also think instead of NPCs simply telling you the tactic to use, it could require solving a puzzle-type-quest thingy. It would make the game a little less tedious and offer some additional mental challenges. As is, after every battle, you walk around and talk to everyone, check for new gear, take out whatever is new, restock on items, "spend" xp to level your characters, and then just fight again.

When you lose a battle, I think you gain too much XP from it. It really lowers the difficulty of the game. I had my healer up to level 15 very early on in the game because of XP gained from a few early deaths. I figured levelling up my healer would allow me more survivability while I hone in on the mechanics for the new fights. It worked out even better than I could imagine!

Sorry if this seems entirely negative. Take it as constructive feedback if you decide to update the game, or for future releases? If you update it, let us know and I would be happy to try it out.


Thanks for sharing the game!
Undefeated TL Tecmo Super Bowl League Champion
Mikilatov
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States3897 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-11 06:45:54
April 11 2011 05:20 GMT
#79
I managed to put this together... It's nothing too expansive. =)

Patch 1.03
http://www.mediafire.com/?62xfrfxd143l6md

+ Show Spoiler [Patch Notes] +
-Added a prompt at the start of a new game which informs the player of the game's controls.
-Slight difficulty tweaks for most Champions. (Nothing major.)
-A couple (very minor) bugfixes.

Unzip, grab the files and paste them over the installation. Your saved games should be fine, but it wouldn't hurt to back up the original files.

If someone's feeling up to a task, going through all 20 undefeated, and taking detailed notes (specifically on difficulty, while levelling characters equally) would be helpful for future patches.

I feel that the game is great how it is, but as us SC fans know, balance can almost always be improved upon. =)


EscPlan9!

+ Show Spoiler +
With testing, we quickly found that the game was MORE difficult if you tried to stack one character, but considering you weren't going undefeated, perhaps you hit some sort of sweet spot with your strategy. Although others have been mentioning the difficulty thing, I feel that your beginning game losses probably compounded into creating your pretty good run towards the end.

I've been taking notes. =)


Thanks everyone.
♥ I used to lasso the shit out of your tournaments =( ♥ | Much is my hero. | zizi yO~ | Be Nice, TL.
skindzer
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
Chile5114 Posts
April 11 2011 16:41 GMT
#80
Hey, i haven't tried your game (yet) but i suggest you talk about it to people on The Escapist because they are organizing some awards kind of focusing on indie games.
Its not only the rain that brings the thunder
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
WardiTV397
Rex75
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko361
ProTech134
Rex 75
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32902
Hyuk 1200
Jaedong 928
actioN 572
Soma 466
Horang2 385
Soulkey 338
BeSt 320
Larva 296
Mini 268
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 259
Light 218
910 214
Stork 209
Last 176
Snow 144
Rush 138
ggaemo 103
Pusan 91
ZerO 73
Yoon 54
Mind 49
Killer 41
Mong 38
Creator 35
Shinee 33
hero 29
Bale 27
sorry 26
Sharp 26
Free 25
yabsab 16
HiyA 12
Noble 12
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7900
Dendi436
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1551
markeloff83
kRYSTAL_54
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2808
Khaldor1135
Other Games
gofns32021
singsing1621
B2W.Neo319
XBOCT318
DeMusliM276
Pyrionflax263
Mew2King66
byalli45
ArmadaUGS34
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream159
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 99
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH318
• StrangeGG 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1409
Other Games
• WagamamaTV178
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
1h
The PondCast
22h
OSC
1d 1h
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.