• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:00
CEST 14:00
KST 21:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9623 users

Boss-Rush RPG Challenge! A House of Champions - Page 3

Forum Index > Sponsored Threads
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Aelonius
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Netherlands432 Posts
April 09 2011 21:17 GMT
#41
It seems very interesting.
I haven't been able to try this out yet on the demo but looking at the video it makes me feel a lot of nostalgia. Are you planning to support smartphones in the future?
''The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.''—Ronald Reagan
Mikilatov
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States3897 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-09 21:45:04
April 09 2011 21:29 GMT
#42
On April 10 2011 06:17 Savreth wrote:
It seems very interesting.
I haven't been able to try this out yet on the demo but looking at the video it makes me feel a lot of nostalgia. Are you planning to support smartphones in the future?


Due to the inflexibility of the game engine in supporting other platforms, and relatively small scale of this project, supporting additional platforms is unfortunately a bit too problematic to be worthwhile. Sorry!
♥ I used to lasso the shit out of your tournaments =( ♥ | Much is my hero. | zizi yO~ | Be Nice, TL.
Aelonius
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Netherlands432 Posts
April 09 2011 22:02 GMT
#43
Okay!
I am trying the demo, seems a nice game!
''The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.''—Ronald Reagan
Aelonius
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Netherlands432 Posts
April 09 2011 22:49 GMT
#44
I've been trying the demo for about 40 minutes now. It looks intuitive, although from a user perspective there's a few basic things that I miss or would advise to look into changing with a future update :

1. Combat feels a little slow early in the game. I PM'd you about this. Not too hard of a system to play though, pretty nice.

2. It would be highly usefull to give a short introduction to the keys used by the program beforehand, like a confirmation dialog.

3. My biggest complaint is a lack of check on the tapping out feature in the demo.
I've been tapped out three times due to it now, which counts to your win/loss ratio.
A confirmation box would fix this problem

From what I've seen, if 2 and 3 are considered to be pushed at a later date then this is definatly a game to buy if you like to experience the oldschool game-style!
''The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.''—Ronald Reagan
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
April 09 2011 22:55 GMT
#45
IMO the tap out feature shouldn't be there. Wouldn't it just kill the challenge of the game because you can just tap out at the beginning of each fight and get xp? I haven't tried this myself, but when I got xp for tapping out when I knew I couldn't win, it made me think of that.
Aelonius
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Netherlands432 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-09 22:58:50
April 09 2011 22:58 GMT
#46
You only get the experience once.
Any further tap-outs won't grant experience from what I've seen.

Edit: If you win you do get the exp tho
''The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.''—Ronald Reagan
Aelonius
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Netherlands432 Posts
April 09 2011 23:11 GMT
#47
I finished the demo and it's damn bloody addicting!
Sure it has rough edges, but this is quality! I really like the game so when I am able to put the cash aside, count me in!
''The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.''—Ronald Reagan
Mikilatov
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States3897 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-09 23:27:57
April 09 2011 23:26 GMT
#48
On April 10 2011 07:55 HolyArrow wrote:
IMO the tap out feature shouldn't be there. Wouldn't it just kill the challenge of the game because you can just tap out at the beginning of each fight and get xp? I haven't tried this myself, but when I got xp for tapping out when I knew I couldn't win, it made me think of that.


Yeah this was actually a difficult design decision. Later on it's especially annoying if you get in an unwinnable situation and have to just watch yourself die. It -needed- the tapout feature for this reason... Imagine not being able to 'gg' out of SC games until all your buildings were destroyed, it's the same deal. Originally, tapping out didn't give experience, but that ended up being poor since you were punished for quitting even when the battle was already 'lost'.

The eventual model, if I recall, gives you diminishing experience rewards based upon how many times you have tapped out. Yes you can continually tap out, but it kills your record and you can only do it 2-3 times before the experience rewards are slim.

Thanks again!
♥ I used to lasso the shit out of your tournaments =( ♥ | Much is my hero. | zizi yO~ | Be Nice, TL.
faylayen
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands62 Posts
April 10 2011 00:30 GMT
#49
Purchased and enjoying it!

Keep the good work comin'!
EscPlan9
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2777 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-10 01:30:44
April 10 2011 01:29 GMT
#50
Now that I've purchased the full version and played it a bit more:

* I agree with others suggestions there should be a confirmation dialog for the "Tap Out" to avoid accidentally quitting the battle. It should still be kept in, just improved upon.

* I would like a way to clean out the clutter with the obsoleted equipment. Perhaps instead of "taking" the new equipment, it should be Upgrade or Exchange to replace the current gear. Is there any reason it isn't implemented this way? I didn't see a way to change equipment mid battle or any other useful reason to keep the obsoleted ones.

* For more variety and additional replay value, there should be a somewhat significant differentiation between the blue or red corner. Again, if there already is one implemented, there is no information on it to suggest so. If none will be implemented, the choice should be removed from the game IMO since it serves no purpose.

A couple questions:

1) When you select defense, how many turns do the stat increases last for? The next turn until you're attacked? At the conclusion of the next turn? Or 2, 3, etc turns?

2) What effect does being "scared" have? When the 2nd boss howled my characters would sometimes get scared. I didn't notice any effects?

Both those could be cleared up by better in-game indications. I really like how you show the current buffs during each turn. I think it could be a little more information in some areas like mentioned above though.

Again, this is all just constructive feedback to improving the game. Still love the challenge of the game! I'm definitely going to be finishing it! Only past the first 3 bosses now so it'll be a while.
Undefeated TL Tecmo Super Bowl League Champion
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
April 10 2011 02:54 GMT
#51
On April 10 2011 10:29 EscPlan9 wrote:
Now that I've purchased the full version and played it a bit more:

* I agree with others suggestions there should be a confirmation dialog for the "Tap Out" to avoid accidentally quitting the battle. It should still be kept in, just improved upon.

* I would like a way to clean out the clutter with the obsoleted equipment. Perhaps instead of "taking" the new equipment, it should be Upgrade or Exchange to replace the current gear. Is there any reason it isn't implemented this way? I didn't see a way to change equipment mid battle or any other useful reason to keep the obsoleted ones.

* For more variety and additional replay value, there should be a somewhat significant differentiation between the blue or red corner. Again, if there already is one implemented, there is no information on it to suggest so. If none will be implemented, the choice should be removed from the game IMO since it serves no purpose.

A couple questions:

1) When you select defense, how many turns do the stat increases last for? The next turn until you're attacked? At the conclusion of the next turn? Or 2, 3, etc turns?

2) What effect does being "scared" have? When the 2nd boss howled my characters would sometimes get scared. I didn't notice any effects?

Both those could be cleared up by better in-game indications. I really like how you show the current buffs during each turn. I think it could be a little more information in some areas like mentioned above though.

Again, this is all just constructive feedback to improving the game. Still love the challenge of the game! I'm definitely going to be finishing it! Only past the first 3 bosses now so it'll be a while.


1. I'm pretty sure that you only get stat restorations in the turn that you defend.

2. Being terrified drastically decreases your damage, I noticed. When I was terrified I'd do around 9 damage or so, as opposed to the normal 60-ish.
EscPlan9
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2777 Posts
April 10 2011 04:12 GMT
#52
I guess I never noticed the difference since I happened to be defending a lot at the same time.

Am I missing something, or is there no way to improve the newcomers in your party when they just get introduced? Having the 4th party member join but being completely useless other than a punching bag was pretty lame.

Dunno if we should also discuss strategies in this thread. Don't want to derail it too much. I'll just spoiler the next part.

+ Show Spoiler +

After fighting the 5th boss, the stone boss, I have no idea how someone would go undefeated in the run. I tried, but after 30 minutes and not bringing him down to even 50% I just gave up (I also was out of items and had little MP/power left). That or I suspect I don't fully understand the mechanics of that fight. I hope it isn't a fight meant to last > 45 minutes! Anyone who found a good tactic without requiring any retries, I'm interested in hearing it. PM me or spoiler it here. Thanksssss!
Undefeated TL Tecmo Super Bowl League Champion
Mikilatov
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States3897 Posts
April 10 2011 04:29 GMT
#53
EscPlan9, the newcomer thing is certainly something I'll think about looking into. It'll require a bit of balance changes though.

And as far as the 5th boss goes... It's certainly possible on the first run. =) Discussing the game itself is fine here, just spoiler anything that's... A strategy or other spoiler, obviously.
♥ I used to lasso the shit out of your tournaments =( ♥ | Much is my hero. | zizi yO~ | Be Nice, TL.
So no fek
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3001 Posts
April 10 2011 04:50 GMT
#54
Down to the final 3 now, undefeated. It's a lot of fun. Haven't had too much trouble yet, though Alycia just kicked my ass (only the second time I've had to bail out of a fight and reload - the other was the first time I fought Envictus and blew through all my SP/items right away.)

+ Show Spoiler [some tips/general suggestions] +

From my experience, being terrified noticeably lowers the damage you deal. May also increase damage taken, but I don't know.

I don't really remember the Stone boss fight that well, but I do think you had to chip away at him. I don't remember having too much of a problem with him though.


+ Show Spoiler [other boss related spoilers] +

I think the string of bosses in the 4-6 range are way too easy.
Hammer seemed like it would be a somewhat challenging fight, as I expected I'd have to go through 3-4 rounds of him being vulnerable. Had him down to about 75% with a good amount of mana left, and he just up and died on me.
Alexi was just a complete cakewalk given the proper armor.
Alexandra wasn't hard, but certainly annoying with the constant freezing. Still, I was never really in danger, even with 3 of my party members frozen.

I really liked the three fights before and after Envictus; most of them had something really cool going for them. Znu was probably my favorite; wasn't really hard, but it was nice to deal with a constant stream of damage and having some options in how you wanted to go about it.

Is there any difference between the fight if you steal away the blue corner?
#1 Shuttle fan - TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #36 BW4lyfe
Laneir
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1160 Posts
April 10 2011 05:13 GMT
#55
Kool
Follow me on Instagram @Chef_Betto
Ynyienae
Profile Joined May 2010
United States58 Posts
April 10 2011 05:16 GMT
#56
Played through the demo and loved it. I like the feeling of the boss battles even in the demo. Glad to support indie games like this!
"If your opponent is doing something weird, just go fucking kill him" Day[9]
Niton
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2395 Posts
April 10 2011 05:33 GMT
#57
On April 10 2011 13:12 EscPlan9 wrote:
I guess I never noticed the difference since I happened to be defending a lot at the same time.

Am I missing something, or is there no way to improve the newcomers in your party when they just get introduced? Having the 4th party member join but being completely useless other than a punching bag was pretty lame.

Dunno if we should also discuss strategies in this thread. Don't want to derail it too much. I'll just spoiler the next part.

+ Show Spoiler +

After fighting the 5th boss, the stone boss, I have no idea how someone would go undefeated in the run. I tried, but after 30 minutes and not bringing him down to even 50% I just gave up (I also was out of items and had little MP/power left). That or I suspect I don't fully understand the mechanics of that fight. I hope it isn't a fight meant to last > 45 minutes! Anyone who found a good tactic without requiring any retries, I'm interested in hearing it. PM me or spoiler it here. Thanksssss!


+ Show Spoiler [Stone Boss] +
There's a specific ability one of your characters gets at level 6 that does a massive amount of damage to him in particular. The damage is high enough where it's worth holding off attacking except to use it on him in the way one of the NPCs tells you to.
tree.hugger: Coming off of [(T)fantasy v. (T)Really] into [(T)Barracks v. (T)MVP] is like coming out of Manhattan into New Jersey. You just have to speed up and ignore it.
Mikilatov
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States3897 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-10 05:40:13
April 10 2011 05:34 GMT
#58
Very nice So no fek, glad you're enjoying it. Sounds like you're kicking some ass, haha. I'm noting your points on difficulty. No word on the guy who notified me of being close to finishing his run earlier today, so perhaps you'll end up being first. =P As I've heard from many people who have played, and people who have tested, you seem to be doing excessively well. You must be taking great care to pay good attention to the dialogues! (As was definitely intended.) =)

A lot of times the difficulty came down to mathematically calculating randomness. For example: + Show Spoiler +
The Alexandra fight can be REALLY hard if she keeps freezing your healer/debuffremoval ability, as can alexi if he gets some good ability rolls. Alexi also seems a bit easier since he's a pretty 'quick' kill in comparison to the rest of them.
I attempted to remove a lot of randomness whenever it affected this greatly, and even did so in that fight, however. In many cases, the difficulty was scaled back slightly whenever randomness occurred.

I also wanted to make sure that if someone wanted to go 'pure' undefeated, without reloading saves, that it would be possible, yet still very challenging.

Thanks for all your feedback (and everyone else too!).

I think you'll have a pretty tough time against the final 3, they're a bit of an endurance race, haha. =) I personally struggle the most with #2, but everyone else who has played claims to struggle with the final one more.
♥ I used to lasso the shit out of your tournaments =( ♥ | Much is my hero. | zizi yO~ | Be Nice, TL.
So no fek
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3001 Posts
April 10 2011 06:25 GMT
#59
Going to be busy for the next couple of hours, but hopefully I'll be able to finish it tonight. Even better if I end up being the first to do so!

For anyone having problems, as Mikilatov said, definitely pay attention to what the other NPCs say. There's a lot of valuable advice in it.

+ Show Spoiler +
#3 was easy the second time around. I used a lot of SP in her first phase, which turned out not to be the smartest thing. After that, it became a pretty easy fight. Just pure attack for the first phase, attack/heal in the hard phase, and cool off/light attack in the easy phase.
#1 Shuttle fan - TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #36 BW4lyfe
42x10
Profile Joined February 2011
United States62 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-10 06:52:58
April 10 2011 06:49 GMT
#60
Sorry to say this game doesn't look very creative.

You just used RPG Maker VX and mostly RTP images (images that come with the program when you download them) as well as very little original scripting. For example, you use a completely unmodified menu and the battle system is completely stock.

I'm not trying to be a snob about it but i've been around the RPG maker community and i've seen some truly awesome games come out of it (Final Fantasy Endless Nova) but this one just seems like many uninspired games that people crank out by the boatload.

I'm not disrespecting the hard work you put into making this though! I've made my own game before and it takes hundreds of hours... I wish i could get someone to pay for one of my games!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
WardiTV397
Rex75
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko361
ProTech134
Rex 75
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32902
Hyuk 1200
Jaedong 928
actioN 572
Soma 466
Horang2 385
Soulkey 338
BeSt 320
Larva 296
Mini 268
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 259
Light 218
910 214
Stork 209
Last 176
Snow 144
Rush 138
ggaemo 103
Pusan 91
ZerO 73
Yoon 54
Mind 49
Killer 41
Mong 38
Creator 35
Shinee 33
hero 29
Bale 27
sorry 26
Sharp 26
Free 25
yabsab 16
HiyA 12
Noble 12
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7900
Dendi436
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1551
markeloff83
kRYSTAL_54
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2808
Khaldor1135
Other Games
gofns32021
singsing1621
B2W.Neo319
XBOCT318
DeMusliM276
Pyrionflax263
Mew2King66
byalli45
ArmadaUGS34
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream159
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 99
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH318
• StrangeGG 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1409
Other Games
• WagamamaTV178
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
1h
The PondCast
22h
OSC
1d 1h
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.