• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:32
CEST 23:32
KST 06:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9747 users

Boss-Rush RPG Challenge! A House of Champions

Forum Index > Sponsored Threads
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Mikilatov
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States3897 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-13 15:55:41
April 08 2011 20:44 GMT
#1
[image loading]

Greetings my fellow TL members,

Do you love old school RPG's? Classic RPG boss battles? Do you miss games that offer a challenge and require actual learning and strategy? Well if you're feeling nostalgic, I'd like to take a moment of your time to inform you about my new game, A House of Champions.


Summary

A House of Champions is a unique independently developed Boss-Rush type RPG game for your PC, set in a classic RPG style both graphically and in its writing/gamedesign. It features a set of challenging RPG bosses which require much more than just brute force to defeat. You have to use your wits to discover strategies and solve your opponents as you fight your way through the ranks of 20 unique Champions.

It's not easy, but perseverance is key as your characters grow and your strategies develop with every epic battle. Will you become the number-one ranked Grand Champion?


Features

•Classic RPG gameplay, challenge, and design!
•Fight in the Arena! 20 challenging boss battles, requiring more than just brute force to defeat!
•Use your wits to discover strategies and solve your opponents!
•Train and level up the powers of 4 unique characters with over 60 abilities!
•Unlock over 100 items!
•Epic Soundtrack! Each battle features a unique themed music track!
•Play with your keyboard or PC gamepad!
•Replayability! Can you go undefeated in the House of Champions?
•Go undefeated and be featured on AHouseofChampions.com!

Additionally, A House of Champions is totally DRM free, and was developed independently by an Independent Games Festival honored game developer.


Why TeamLiquid?

I chose to sponsor a thread here on TL because I know and love TL. It's my home. I feel that you guys (and girl(s)) are the exact type of people who will enjoy this game. It's a real challenge to finish the game undefeated, yet it can also be beaten by almost anyone, as your characters grow stronger even in defeat. I think TL's users will really enjoy the nostalgic design, and I'd imagine a few of you will have the perseverance to go undefeated and get featured on the A House of Champions website.

Congrats to So no fek from TL, becoming the first undefeated champion!

+ Show Spoiler [Testimonials] +
On April 09 2011 14:09 HolyArrow wrote:
Tried out the demo and it seems well-done and fun. In the process of purchasing as we speak. $7.49 for 12-18 hours of entertainment? Sounds good to me.

On April 09 2011 09:42 Match wrote:
Bought it after playing the demo. Can't wait. :3

On April 10 2011 02:31 EscPlan9 wrote:
Overall though, very happy with the game and as a programmer and developer myself, I will support you on this.

On April 10 2011 14:16 Ynyienae wrote:
Played through the demo and loved it. I like the feeling of the boss battles even in the demo. Glad to support indie games like this!

On April 10 2011 09:30 faylayen wrote:
Purchased and enjoying it!

On April 10 2011 19:18 So no fek wrote:
Just beat it, and really enjoyed my adventure. Definitely a solid bit of pure gameplay.

On April 10 2011 22:08 Baerinho wrote:
More then worth the 5€, espicially supporting Indie devs.



"I've been playing this for the past few days and really liking it! Thanks for making something like this!" -AngeLWinG

"me and my friend just started playing this and are gonna try and go undefeated by the end of the weekend!" -Brent Wilks

"... All in all, it's the most entertaining game using this engine I've seen." -darkdaddy

"You kept me from working on my school project this saturday, and I love you for it." -Underside


Visit the A House of Champions Website

The site keeps blipping off due to traffic. If this occurs, please try again in 15-30 minutes.



Purchase on GamersGate!
(Direct Download)
Purchase on Impulse!
(Requires Free Impulse Client)


Download Patch 1.03


Download the Demo!
Alternate Link

This demo allows you to combat the first two Champions. Keep in mind that the first one isn't particularly difficult, but it should give you a great introduction to the flow of the game. Unfortunately, save files will not transfer from the demo version to the full version.



FAQ

Q: How much is it?
A: $7.49 USD.

Q: How many hours of gameplay?
A: ~12-18 hours for the first playthrough for all my testers, and I've gotten reports from players of anywhere between ~7-15 hours since release. It takes longer if you're attempting to go undefeated, and much longer if you plan on attempting to go undefeated without reloading saves. I can personally go undefeated in about 6-7 hours since I know all of the tricks and can skip the dialogue.

Q: I like the art/music/design! How'd you make it?
A: It was developed using a version of Enterbrain's licensed RPG engine that was modded to fit the needs of the design. I coded these modificaitons, scripted, designed, and wrote the game myself. The music is done by Kevin Macleod (and trust me, you'll love it). Large portions of the art and sound are used via royalty free license from several sources and not produced by myself, the rest of the art (including production art) was done by myself.

Q: You used royalty free art and a licensed game engine, lame?
A: I chose to go this route primarily because the engine and graphic assets fit the game very well. I opted to focus primarily on the gameplay, writing, and design, in order to deliver the funnest experience possible. This doesn't mean it's untouched, it's actually modded quite extensively. I apologize if you dislike this, but if you're disinterested in purchasing, simply do not purchase.

Q: I enjoyed this game, how can I help?
A: Spread the word! Tell your friends, tell your friends to tell their friends as well. Rate it or write a review on GamersGate, tweet about it, share it or like it on Facebook! Link it on other forums, hell even making a recommendation here in this thread would help a lot.

Q: I hate it, now what?
A: Sorry, I can't offer refunds or anything, but if you contact me personally perhaps there's something we can work out if you can't get it to function or something. I think there's enough information available for you to make an informed decision previous to purchasing.

Q: Why Should I Buy?
A: Support indie development! It's inexpensive! No DRM! It's fun! Support a fellow TL member! (3k+ Posts, staff writer).


About me

I'm Mikilatov, you may recognize my name as I've been around this forum for a few years now, and I've recently joined the TeamLiquid staff as a writer. I'm responsible for the bi-weekly tournament roundup post you may have noticed over the past month or two.

What you probably don't know about me is that I'm an independent video game developer. I received an honorable mention at the 13th Annual Independent Games Festival for my narrative and game design work just this past year, and recently established my own studio: Zerk Studio. This company is to focus on producing creative game designs which thrive on quality design principles as opposed to complex graphics engines and code.

Thank you for your support!
♥ I used to lasso the shit out of your tournaments =( ♥ | Much is my hero. | zizi yO~ | Be Nice, TL.
Crunchums
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States11144 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-08 20:53:55
April 08 2011 20:49 GMT
#2
I really like the music
is there any way i can it without getting the game?

edit: as in the music you used in the trailer
brood war for life, brood war forever
ZeroCartin
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Costa Rica2390 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-08 20:59:11
April 08 2011 20:53 GMT
#3
Hm

Was this made with RPG Maker? Also, not all art assets were created for this game, meeaning that alot of those portraits are sourced from somewhere else. Care to explain before I decide to purchase?

EDIT:
What you probably don't know about me is that I'm an independent video game developer. I received an honorable mention at the 13th Annual Independent Games Festival for my narrative and game design work just this past year,

Can you link up to the mention? I did a search but didnt find anything.
"My sister is on vacation in Costa Rica right now. I hope she stays a while because she's a miserable cunt." -pubbanana
Crunchums
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States11144 Posts
April 08 2011 20:56 GMT
#4
On April 09 2011 05:53 ZeroCartin wrote:
Hm

Was this made with RPG Maker? Also, not all art assets were created for this game, meeaning that alot of those portraits are sourced from somewhere else. Care to explain before I decide to purchase?

clearly you have not read the FAQ section
not that i would know anything about not reading the FAQ section
[image loading]
brood war for life, brood war forever
Mikilatov
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States3897 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-08 21:18:03
April 08 2011 21:12 GMT
#5
On April 09 2011 05:49 Crunchums wrote:
I really like the music
is there any way i can it without getting the game?

edit: as in the music you used in the trailer


http://incompetech.com/

Sorry I can't take the time to link every song.

On April 09 2011 05:53 ZeroCartin wrote:
Can you link up to the mention? I did a search but didnt find anything.


It was for an experiment in game design I did entitled 'Senseless'. It recieved an honorable mention at the 13th annual Independent Games Festival (Awarded this January).

The rest of the information you seek is in the OP. Thanks!
♥ I used to lasso the shit out of your tournaments =( ♥ | Much is my hero. | zizi yO~ | Be Nice, TL.
Shodaa
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada404 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-08 23:32:46
April 08 2011 23:24 GMT
#6
I'm kind of like in a retro gaming phase so this look really interesting ! I'll try the demo and see if I like it enough to buy it. I hope its really is as challenging as you say tho :D !

EDIT: A few question: Is it possible to play in fullscreen mode ? Also, can I change the control to play with a controler or remap the keyboard key ? (like an xbox360 controler)
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/401120/1/Shodaa/
Terrakin
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States1440 Posts
April 09 2011 00:05 GMT
#7
On April 09 2011 08:24 Shodaa wrote:
EDIT: A few question: Is it possible to play in fullscreen mode ? Also, can I change the control to play with a controler or remap the keyboard key ? (like an xbox360 controler)

you can use JoyToKey

Looks cool OP but sad that there is a lot of those royalty free art stuff though.
Fame was like a drug. But what was even more like a drug were the drugs.
Mikilatov
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States3897 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-09 00:39:04
April 09 2011 00:34 GMT
#8
On April 09 2011 08:24 Shodaa wrote:
I'm kind of like in a retro gaming phase so this look really interesting ! I'll try the demo and see if I like it enough to buy it. I hope its really is as challenging as you say tho :D !

EDIT: A few question: Is it possible to play in fullscreen mode ? Also, can I change the control to play with a controler or remap the keyboard key ? (like an xbox360 controler)


You can press F1 in game to change keys directly, and use alt+enter to toggle to fullscreen mode. It -should- fullscreen by default though.

Also, it's quite challenging to go undefeated, especially your first run through. Keep in mind that the first boss is a bit easier than the others, though.
♥ I used to lasso the shit out of your tournaments =( ♥ | Much is my hero. | zizi yO~ | Be Nice, TL.
Match
Profile Joined January 2011
215 Posts
April 09 2011 00:42 GMT
#9
Bought it after playing the demo. Can't wait. :3
Mikilatov
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States3897 Posts
April 09 2011 00:48 GMT
#10
On April 09 2011 09:42 Match wrote:
Bought it after playing the demo. Can't wait. :3


That's good to know. =) To be honest, I was quite worried the demo would turn people off... The tutorialish battle and the first boss are a bit less exciting/challenging than the rest!

♥ I used to lasso the shit out of your tournaments =( ♥ | Much is my hero. | zizi yO~ | Be Nice, TL.
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
April 09 2011 01:39 GMT
#11
Cool, I might check this out once exams are over
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
N!P
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany1 Post
April 09 2011 01:45 GMT
#12
wow very nice .. thanks for posting
You got a dream... You gotta protect it. People can't do somethin' themselves, they wanna tell you you can't do it. If you want somethin', go get it. Period.
henreiman
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States407 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-09 03:00:34
April 09 2011 03:00 GMT
#13
Very nice post, I will look into it. Just a suggestion: a poll that rates the game from 1-5 (or 1-10, or whatever) may be a nice asset, in addition testimonials/reviews as they come could be included.
iPBioOrMech
Profile Joined May 2010
Turkey297 Posts
April 09 2011 03:22 GMT
#14
Sick song :D, looks like Pokemon =/
i created scan BM, MvP created mule drop.
vitruvia
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada235 Posts
April 09 2011 04:14 GMT
#15
why not find a team instead working alone?
what quote?
Mikilatov
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States3897 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-09 05:29:25
April 09 2011 04:52 GMT
#16
On April 09 2011 13:14 vitruvia wrote:
why not find a team instead working alone?


I do work in teams quite often, I'm actually spending this entire weekend working with members of my new design studio. =) I simply didn't for this particular project, as it started as my 'pet' project which quickly got out of hand and ended up being pretty beastly, haha.

On April 09 2011 12:00 henreiman wrote:
Very nice post, I will look into it. Just a suggestion: a poll that rates the game from 1-5 (or 1-10, or whatever) may be a nice asset, in addition testimonials/reviews as they come could be included.


Added testimonials. =) Thanks for the idea.
♥ I used to lasso the shit out of your tournaments =( ♥ | Much is my hero. | zizi yO~ | Be Nice, TL.
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
April 09 2011 05:09 GMT
#17
Tried out the demo and it seems well-done and fun. In the process of purchasing as we speak. $7.49 for 12-18 hours of entertainment? Sounds good to me. I'll post my impression of it once I get far enough.
nanaoei
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
3358 Posts
April 09 2011 06:02 GMT
#18
this remidns me of final fantasy legends 1-3 ! man did i love that game on the gameboy back then
*@boesthius' FF7 nostalgia stream bomb* "we should work on a 'Final Progamer' fangame»whitera can be a protagonist---lastlie: "we save world and then defense it"
So no fek
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3001 Posts
April 09 2011 06:25 GMT
#19
Looks pretty cool, so I picked it up. I'm a big fan of old school games that put a emphasis on gameplay, so hopefully I won't be disappointed. I don't think I will be, but if it lets me waste a couple of hours and supports a TL member, can't say I'll regret my purchase.
#1 Shuttle fan - TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #36 BW4lyfe
Vei
Profile Joined March 2010
United States2845 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-09 09:01:29
April 09 2011 06:36 GMT
#20
d
www.justin.tv/veisc2 ~ 720p + commentary
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 446
Nina 69
ViBE36
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17900
Soulkey 209
White-Ra 188
Mini 170
ToSsGirL 22
Shine 18
Dota 2
monkeys_forever206
League of Legends
Doublelift3271
Counter-Strike
fl0m1374
shoxiejesuss441
C9.Mang0180
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4298
Khaldor1882
Liquid`Hasu1510
Trikslyr49
Other Games
summit1g5242
ArmadaUGS3015
shahzam537
B2W.Neo401
Pyrionflax178
ZombieGrub87
Mew2King48
Railgan25
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV212
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream120
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 26
• davetesta17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 57
• Azhi_Dahaki29
• HerbMon 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1103
• imaqtpie1073
• Shiphtur272
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
12h 28m
OSC
15h 28m
Stellar Fest
15h 28m
OSC
1d 2h
Stellar Fest
1d 15h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.