• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:27
CEST 06:27
KST 13:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7944 users

2013 GSL Season 1 Code A Ro48 Day 1 - Page 59

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 57 58 59 60 61 63 Next
Deleted User 137586
Profile Joined January 2011
7859 Posts
February 05 2013 12:15 GMT
#1161
On February 05 2013 21:05 SlixSC wrote:
People can complain about mules all they want, Protoss has the tools to avoid these situations, if they don't then yes Terran has an advantage. But let's not get carried away here, Protoss has a 60% win rate in TvP in Korea (january), so if people really think there is some sort of serious imbalance in the matchup, like some appearently do, they should really re-consider who suffers from that imbalance. Again I'm not saying there is imbalance, I don't think so, but to simply ignore all statistics and instead point at one game that was lost by a protoss is ridiculous.



Where did you find the win percentages?
Cry 'havoc' and let slip the dogs of war
SlixSC
Profile Joined October 2012
666 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-05 12:20:56
February 05 2013 12:16 GMT
#1162
On February 05 2013 21:13 Nebuchad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2013 21:08 SlixSC wrote:
On February 05 2013 21:06 Ragnarork wrote:
On February 05 2013 21:05 SlixSC wrote:
People can complain about mules all they want, Protoss has the tools to avoid these situations, if they don't then yes Terran has an advantage. But let's not get carried away here, Protoss has a 60% win rate in TvP in Korea (january), so if people really think there is some sort of serious imbalance in the matchup, like some appearently do, they should really re-consider who suffers from that imbalance. Again I'm not saying there is imbalance, I don't think so, but to simply ignore all statistics and instead point at one game that was lost by a protoss is ridiculous.


When you look at the games, it's not even about statistics. It's about who made the good decisions/the bad moves.


Right, so protoss players are just better than terrans? I'm sorry but I don't buy that for one second, if you are going to claim that there is imbalance in the matchup and statistics strongly disagree with your claim you cannot just go ahead and say "but I think protoss players are just better" that's an absolutely baseless assertion.


That's not at all what he meant, he said Yoda made better decisions than Tear and that's why he won. You just read it the way you did cause even though you're trying to pretend to view this from an impartial stats standpoint, you're actually just rooting for terran =p

But don't worry, everyone is rooting, we don't mind.


No. I think the player who makes the better decisions wins in TvP, regardless of race. I don't argue for or against Terran in any way. I only pointed out that anyone who claims the matchup is Terran favored has some explaining to do, seeing as Protoss had a 60% win rate in January.

On February 05 2013 21:15 Ghanburighan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2013 21:05 SlixSC wrote:
People can complain about mules all they want, Protoss has the tools to avoid these situations, if they don't then yes Terran has an advantage. But let's not get carried away here, Protoss has a 60% win rate in TvP in Korea (january), so if people really think there is some sort of serious imbalance in the matchup, like some appearently do, they should really re-consider who suffers from that imbalance. Again I'm not saying there is imbalance, I don't think so, but to simply ignore all statistics and instead point at one game that was lost by a protoss is ridiculous.



Where did you find the win percentages?


TLPD

And I should have been more specific, it's Proleague in total. It's something around 59%, so not just January.
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
February 05 2013 12:17 GMT
#1163
On February 05 2013 21:08 SlixSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2013 21:06 Ragnarork wrote:
On February 05 2013 21:05 SlixSC wrote:
People can complain about mules all they want, Protoss has the tools to avoid these situations, if they don't then yes Terran has an advantage. But let's not get carried away here, Protoss has a 60% win rate in TvP in Korea (january), so if people really think there is some sort of serious imbalance in the matchup, like some appearently do, they should really re-consider who suffers from that imbalance. Again I'm not saying there is imbalance, I don't think so, but to simply ignore all statistics and instead point at one game that was lost by a protoss is ridiculous.


When you look at the games, it's not even about statistics. It's about who made the good decisions/the bad moves.


Right, so protoss players are just better than terrans? I'm sorry but I don't buy that for one second, if you are going to claim that there is imbalance in the matchup and statistics strongly disagree with your claim you cannot just go ahead and say "but I think protoss players are just better" that's an absolutely baseless assertion.


I don't even understand how this is related to my post... You talked about statistics proving/not proving imbalance in a match-up. I answered saying in this case there was no room for a balance argument since good decisions/bad moves decided the outcome of the game, not units/spells/composition/whatever-linked-to-balance.
LiquipediaWanderer
Deleted User 137586
Profile Joined January 2011
7859 Posts
February 05 2013 12:18 GMT
#1164
On February 05 2013 21:16 SlixSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2013 21:13 Nebuchad wrote:
On February 05 2013 21:08 SlixSC wrote:
On February 05 2013 21:06 Ragnarork wrote:
On February 05 2013 21:05 SlixSC wrote:
People can complain about mules all they want, Protoss has the tools to avoid these situations, if they don't then yes Terran has an advantage. But let's not get carried away here, Protoss has a 60% win rate in TvP in Korea (january), so if people really think there is some sort of serious imbalance in the matchup, like some appearently do, they should really re-consider who suffers from that imbalance. Again I'm not saying there is imbalance, I don't think so, but to simply ignore all statistics and instead point at one game that was lost by a protoss is ridiculous.


When you look at the games, it's not even about statistics. It's about who made the good decisions/the bad moves.


Right, so protoss players are just better than terrans? I'm sorry but I don't buy that for one second, if you are going to claim that there is imbalance in the matchup and statistics strongly disagree with your claim you cannot just go ahead and say "but I think protoss players are just better" that's an absolutely baseless assertion.


That's not at all what he meant, he said Yoda made better decisions than Tear and that's why he won. You just read it the way you did cause even though you're trying to pretend to view this from an impartial stats standpoint, you're actually just rooting for terran =p

But don't worry, everyone is rooting, we don't mind.


No. I think the player who makes the better decisions wins in TvP, regardless of race. I don't argue for or against Terran in any way. I only pointed out that anyone who claims the matchup is Terran favored has some explaining to do, seeing as Protoss had a 60% win rate in January.

Show nested quote +
On February 05 2013 21:15 Ghanburighan wrote:
On February 05 2013 21:05 SlixSC wrote:
People can complain about mules all they want, Protoss has the tools to avoid these situations, if they don't then yes Terran has an advantage. But let's not get carried away here, Protoss has a 60% win rate in TvP in Korea (january), so if people really think there is some sort of serious imbalance in the matchup, like some appearently do, they should really re-consider who suffers from that imbalance. Again I'm not saying there is imbalance, I don't think so, but to simply ignore all statistics and instead point at one game that was lost by a protoss is ridiculous.



Where did you find the win percentages?


TLPD


Is TLPD updated again? And is anyone releasing the win percentages?
Cry 'havoc' and let slip the dogs of war
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-05 12:20:11
February 05 2013 12:19 GMT
#1165
On February 05 2013 21:18 Ghanburighan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2013 21:16 SlixSC wrote:
On February 05 2013 21:13 Nebuchad wrote:
On February 05 2013 21:08 SlixSC wrote:
On February 05 2013 21:06 Ragnarork wrote:
On February 05 2013 21:05 SlixSC wrote:
People can complain about mules all they want, Protoss has the tools to avoid these situations, if they don't then yes Terran has an advantage. But let's not get carried away here, Protoss has a 60% win rate in TvP in Korea (january), so if people really think there is some sort of serious imbalance in the matchup, like some appearently do, they should really re-consider who suffers from that imbalance. Again I'm not saying there is imbalance, I don't think so, but to simply ignore all statistics and instead point at one game that was lost by a protoss is ridiculous.


When you look at the games, it's not even about statistics. It's about who made the good decisions/the bad moves.


Right, so protoss players are just better than terrans? I'm sorry but I don't buy that for one second, if you are going to claim that there is imbalance in the matchup and statistics strongly disagree with your claim you cannot just go ahead and say "but I think protoss players are just better" that's an absolutely baseless assertion.


That's not at all what he meant, he said Yoda made better decisions than Tear and that's why he won. You just read it the way you did cause even though you're trying to pretend to view this from an impartial stats standpoint, you're actually just rooting for terran =p

But don't worry, everyone is rooting, we don't mind.


No. I think the player who makes the better decisions wins in TvP, regardless of race. I don't argue for or against Terran in any way. I only pointed out that anyone who claims the matchup is Terran favored has some explaining to do, seeing as Protoss had a 60% win rate in January.

On February 05 2013 21:15 Ghanburighan wrote:
On February 05 2013 21:05 SlixSC wrote:
People can complain about mules all they want, Protoss has the tools to avoid these situations, if they don't then yes Terran has an advantage. But let's not get carried away here, Protoss has a 60% win rate in TvP in Korea (january), so if people really think there is some sort of serious imbalance in the matchup, like some appearently do, they should really re-consider who suffers from that imbalance. Again I'm not saying there is imbalance, I don't think so, but to simply ignore all statistics and instead point at one game that was lost by a protoss is ridiculous.



Where did you find the win percentages?


TLPD


Is TLPD updated again? And is anyone releasing the win percentages?


Korea TLPD has been maintained this whole time It's just International that is completely useless since it hasn't been up to date in 5+ months now.

The games JUST ended and I already see the Yoda vs Tear series on TLPD for example.
Doublemint
Profile Joined July 2011
Austria8760 Posts
February 05 2013 12:19 GMT
#1166
On February 05 2013 21:08 samurai80 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2013 21:05 SlixSC wrote:
People can complain about mules all they want, Protoss has the tools to avoid these situations, if they don't then yes Terran has an advantage. But let's not get carried away here, Protoss has a 60% win rate in TvP in Korea (january), so if people really think there is some sort of serious imbalance in the matchup, like some appearently do, they should really re-consider who suffers from that imbalance. Again I'm not saying there is imbalance, I don't think so, but to simply ignore all statistics and instead point at one game that was lost by a protoss is ridiculous.

Maybe the terrans who lost didn't do the SCV pull then.



Yoda used his chance and made the only viable decision left, in retrospect he "outsmarted" Tear 2 times. It kinda was lame but he also did it in a skillful manner as he knew going into macro game is suicide because he was too much behind(at least in g3 it seemed skillful with the flank... ). If tear stalled, did not go for 2/2 but quick storm, I think he has got this. But come to think of it, his templar archive was at the third iirc T_T... x_x
Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before the fall.
SlixSC
Profile Joined October 2012
666 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-05 12:27:46
February 05 2013 12:22 GMT
#1167
On February 05 2013 21:18 Ghanburighan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2013 21:16 SlixSC wrote:
On February 05 2013 21:13 Nebuchad wrote:
On February 05 2013 21:08 SlixSC wrote:
On February 05 2013 21:06 Ragnarork wrote:
On February 05 2013 21:05 SlixSC wrote:
People can complain about mules all they want, Protoss has the tools to avoid these situations, if they don't then yes Terran has an advantage. But let's not get carried away here, Protoss has a 60% win rate in TvP in Korea (january), so if people really think there is some sort of serious imbalance in the matchup, like some appearently do, they should really re-consider who suffers from that imbalance. Again I'm not saying there is imbalance, I don't think so, but to simply ignore all statistics and instead point at one game that was lost by a protoss is ridiculous.


When you look at the games, it's not even about statistics. It's about who made the good decisions/the bad moves.


Right, so protoss players are just better than terrans? I'm sorry but I don't buy that for one second, if you are going to claim that there is imbalance in the matchup and statistics strongly disagree with your claim you cannot just go ahead and say "but I think protoss players are just better" that's an absolutely baseless assertion.


That's not at all what he meant, he said Yoda made better decisions than Tear and that's why he won. You just read it the way you did cause even though you're trying to pretend to view this from an impartial stats standpoint, you're actually just rooting for terran =p

But don't worry, everyone is rooting, we don't mind.


No. I think the player who makes the better decisions wins in TvP, regardless of race. I don't argue for or against Terran in any way. I only pointed out that anyone who claims the matchup is Terran favored has some explaining to do, seeing as Protoss had a 60% win rate in January.

On February 05 2013 21:15 Ghanburighan wrote:
On February 05 2013 21:05 SlixSC wrote:
People can complain about mules all they want, Protoss has the tools to avoid these situations, if they don't then yes Terran has an advantage. But let's not get carried away here, Protoss has a 60% win rate in TvP in Korea (january), so if people really think there is some sort of serious imbalance in the matchup, like some appearently do, they should really re-consider who suffers from that imbalance. Again I'm not saying there is imbalance, I don't think so, but to simply ignore all statistics and instead point at one game that was lost by a protoss is ridiculous.



Where did you find the win percentages?


TLPD


Is TLPD updated again? And is anyone releasing the win percentages?


Yes, TLPD is updated, but I should have been more specific, these are the proleague win rates for all 3 rounds.

TvZ: 45.9% (28-33)

ZvP: 43,9% (36-46)

TvP: 37,3% (22-37)

Zerg Winrate: 49%

Terran Winrate: 41,6%

Protoss Winrate: 59,4%

I did these calculations 3 days ago, so they might be very slightly off now.
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
February 05 2013 12:23 GMT
#1168
Lol, love how people are complaining about the SCV pull. If it was so OP'ed, you would see all the terrans doing it and winning all their TvPs. Having mules is one of the terrans mechanics. It is the same as protoss getting sentries to FF all the bunkers so no repairs can happen. Or near instant warp-ins to end the game. Or FF ramps to block the entire army from your opponents main. There are things which are unique to the race. The problems start occurring when a strategy is so good that it has a very good win rate vs even when it is commonly used.
sitromit
Profile Joined June 2011
7051 Posts
February 05 2013 12:27 GMT
#1169
On February 05 2013 21:05 SlixSC wrote:
People can complain about mules all they want, Protoss has the tools to avoid these situations, if they don't then yes Terran has an advantage. But let's not get carried away here, Protoss has a 60% win rate in TvP in Korea (january), so if people really think there is some sort of serious imbalance in the matchup, like some appearently do, they should really re-consider who suffers from that imbalance. Again I'm not saying there is imbalance, I don't think so, but to simply ignore all statistics and instead point at one game that was lost by a protoss is ridiculous.


Didn't the recent statistics say T>P>Z>T in Korean TLPD in January?

Regardless, I agree. We've seen Terrans pull all their SCVs and go all in and fail, as much as we've seen them succeed. It's a part of the game that players need to account for.
SlixSC
Profile Joined October 2012
666 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-05 12:33:10
February 05 2013 12:28 GMT
#1170
On February 05 2013 21:27 sitromit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2013 21:05 SlixSC wrote:
People can complain about mules all they want, Protoss has the tools to avoid these situations, if they don't then yes Terran has an advantage. But let's not get carried away here, Protoss has a 60% win rate in TvP in Korea (january), so if people really think there is some sort of serious imbalance in the matchup, like some appearently do, they should really re-consider who suffers from that imbalance. Again I'm not saying there is imbalance, I don't think so, but to simply ignore all statistics and instead point at one game that was lost by a protoss is ridiculous.


Didn't the recent statistics say T>P>Z>T in Korean TLPD in January?

Regardless, I agree. We've seen Terrans pull all their SCVs and go all in and fail, as much as we've seen them succeed. It's a part of the game that players need to account for.



I'm not sure about all of Korea, I wasn't specific enough, I keep track of Proleague only, for personal information and because I love PL more than GSL. It might very well be that Terran is doing better in GSL.

If people are genuinely interested in Proleague stats I could release a google.doc file in a couple days with all the win rates, most succesful players per race. I realize that liquipedia does the same thing but they are always behind a few weeks.

edit: I can also update the google doc file in real time, so that's another advantage of that.
samurai80
Profile Joined November 2011
Japan4225 Posts
February 05 2013 12:29 GMT
#1171
On February 05 2013 21:05 Kasaraki wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2013 21:01 Lysanias wrote:
On February 05 2013 21:00 LimitSEA wrote:
Side note, those LG-IM jackets are pretty fucking baller. I want one.


Aye can't wait for those things to show up via IM's website tbh.


Yup, agreed. Gief shop already. :p

And I wonder how much these SCV pulls are YoDa's doing. Mvp thanked him and Happy (Iirc - think he also mentioned Dreamertt somewhere, but meh) with helping him in TvP, so I have this theory they both masterminded a lot of Mvp's TvP strategies.

Yeah... many of them based or supported by this SCV pull move.
Deleted User 137586
Profile Joined January 2011
7859 Posts
February 05 2013 12:34 GMT
#1172
On February 05 2013 21:28 SlixSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2013 21:27 sitromit wrote:
On February 05 2013 21:05 SlixSC wrote:
People can complain about mules all they want, Protoss has the tools to avoid these situations, if they don't then yes Terran has an advantage. But let's not get carried away here, Protoss has a 60% win rate in TvP in Korea (january), so if people really think there is some sort of serious imbalance in the matchup, like some appearently do, they should really re-consider who suffers from that imbalance. Again I'm not saying there is imbalance, I don't think so, but to simply ignore all statistics and instead point at one game that was lost by a protoss is ridiculous.


Didn't the recent statistics say T>P>Z>T in Korean TLPD in January?

Regardless, I agree. We've seen Terrans pull all their SCVs and go all in and fail, as much as we've seen them succeed. It's a part of the game that players need to account for.



I'm not sure about all of Korea, I wasn't specific enough, I keep track of Proleague only, for personal information and because I love PL more than GSL. It might very well be that Terran is doing better in GSL.

If people are genuinely interested in Proleague stats I could release a google.doc file in a couple days with all the win rates, most succesful players per race. I realize that liquipedia does the same thing but they are always behind a few weeks.

edit: I can also update the google doc file in real time, so that's another advantage of that.


Thanks for the info (to you too, Dodgin). Yeah, would be interesting to see winrates again. SC2stats hasn't done one since August and it's more tricky to keep up with the trends.
Cry 'havoc' and let slip the dogs of war
SlixSC
Profile Joined October 2012
666 Posts
February 05 2013 12:37 GMT
#1173
On February 05 2013 21:34 Ghanburighan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2013 21:28 SlixSC wrote:
On February 05 2013 21:27 sitromit wrote:
On February 05 2013 21:05 SlixSC wrote:
People can complain about mules all they want, Protoss has the tools to avoid these situations, if they don't then yes Terran has an advantage. But let's not get carried away here, Protoss has a 60% win rate in TvP in Korea (january), so if people really think there is some sort of serious imbalance in the matchup, like some appearently do, they should really re-consider who suffers from that imbalance. Again I'm not saying there is imbalance, I don't think so, but to simply ignore all statistics and instead point at one game that was lost by a protoss is ridiculous.


Didn't the recent statistics say T>P>Z>T in Korean TLPD in January?

Regardless, I agree. We've seen Terrans pull all their SCVs and go all in and fail, as much as we've seen them succeed. It's a part of the game that players need to account for.



I'm not sure about all of Korea, I wasn't specific enough, I keep track of Proleague only, for personal information and because I love PL more than GSL. It might very well be that Terran is doing better in GSL.

If people are genuinely interested in Proleague stats I could release a google.doc file in a couple days with all the win rates, most succesful players per race. I realize that liquipedia does the same thing but they are always behind a few weeks.

edit: I can also update the google doc file in real time, so that's another advantage of that.


Thanks for the info (to you too, Dodgin). Yeah, would be interesting to see winrates again. SC2stats hasn't done one since August and it's more tricky to keep up with the trends.



It will take me a couple days though, right now I only use pen and paper for all the stats, so in order to make a detailed google.doc file I will need some time.

I will do
team vs race
player vs race
team win rate
player win rate
race win rates

anything else you think that would be interesting?
AxionSteel
Profile Joined January 2011
United States7754 Posts
February 05 2013 12:37 GMT
#1174
On February 05 2013 21:06 samurai80 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2013 21:01 Lysanias wrote:
On February 05 2013 21:00 LimitSEA wrote:
Side note, those LG-IM jackets are pretty fucking baller. I want one.


Aye can't wait for those things to show up via IM's website tbh.

...
Well it looks this gimmicky move is IM's terrans favorite. "You are behind ? Let's pull all SCVs and win this ez".

Been quite a while since i've seen someone so salty over a terran victory. Like we're back in 2011
samurai80
Profile Joined November 2011
Japan4225 Posts
February 05 2013 12:41 GMT
#1175
On February 05 2013 21:11 SlixSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2013 21:08 samurai80 wrote:
On February 05 2013 21:05 SlixSC wrote:
People can complain about mules all they want, Protoss has the tools to avoid these situations, if they don't then yes Terran has an advantage. But let's not get carried away here, Protoss has a 60% win rate in TvP in Korea (january), so if people really think there is some sort of serious imbalance in the matchup, like some appearently do, they should really re-consider who suffers from that imbalance. Again I'm not saying there is imbalance, I don't think so, but to simply ignore all statistics and instead point at one game that was lost by a protoss is ridiculous.

Maybe the terrans who lost didn't do the SCV pull then.


Unless you can prove that this is the case and that pulling scvs somehow increases your win percentage significantly this is nothing but speculation. I don't deal with hypotheticals, I deal with facts.

Well this is hard to find as I don't know any statistics with a winrate for each build/strategy. But from what I've been seeing in GSL, the SCV pull is very likely to have a winrate > 50%. Of course it doesn't mean that it is OP based only on this fact, because it is pulled on certain circumstances, which have influence on its success, but knowing that this in many cases will be pulled when you're behind, or at least when you're not really ahead of your opponent, it makes me think that the terrans should do it all day every day. And this is where I see a problem.
samurai80
Profile Joined November 2011
Japan4225 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-05 12:49:26
February 05 2013 12:45 GMT
#1176
On February 05 2013 21:37 SlixSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2013 21:34 Ghanburighan wrote:
On February 05 2013 21:28 SlixSC wrote:
On February 05 2013 21:27 sitromit wrote:
On February 05 2013 21:05 SlixSC wrote:
People can complain about mules all they want, Protoss has the tools to avoid these situations, if they don't then yes Terran has an advantage. But let's not get carried away here, Protoss has a 60% win rate in TvP in Korea (january), so if people really think there is some sort of serious imbalance in the matchup, like some appearently do, they should really re-consider who suffers from that imbalance. Again I'm not saying there is imbalance, I don't think so, but to simply ignore all statistics and instead point at one game that was lost by a protoss is ridiculous.


Didn't the recent statistics say T>P>Z>T in Korean TLPD in January?

Regardless, I agree. We've seen Terrans pull all their SCVs and go all in and fail, as much as we've seen them succeed. It's a part of the game that players need to account for.



I'm not sure about all of Korea, I wasn't specific enough, I keep track of Proleague only, for personal information and because I love PL more than GSL. It might very well be that Terran is doing better in GSL.

If people are genuinely interested in Proleague stats I could release a google.doc file in a couple days with all the win rates, most succesful players per race. I realize that liquipedia does the same thing but they are always behind a few weeks.

edit: I can also update the google doc file in real time, so that's another advantage of that.


Thanks for the info (to you too, Dodgin). Yeah, would be interesting to see winrates again. SC2stats hasn't done one since August and it's more tricky to keep up with the trends.



It will take me a couple days though, right now I only use pen and paper for all the stats, so in order to make a detailed google.doc file I will need some time.

I will do
team vs race
player vs race
team win rate
player win rate
race win rates

anything else you think that would be interesting?

I'd prefer GSL over Proleague stats but else this looks enough.
Deleted User 137586
Profile Joined January 2011
7859 Posts
February 05 2013 12:53 GMT
#1177
On February 05 2013 21:37 SlixSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2013 21:34 Ghanburighan wrote:
On February 05 2013 21:28 SlixSC wrote:
On February 05 2013 21:27 sitromit wrote:
On February 05 2013 21:05 SlixSC wrote:
People can complain about mules all they want, Protoss has the tools to avoid these situations, if they don't then yes Terran has an advantage. But let's not get carried away here, Protoss has a 60% win rate in TvP in Korea (january), so if people really think there is some sort of serious imbalance in the matchup, like some appearently do, they should really re-consider who suffers from that imbalance. Again I'm not saying there is imbalance, I don't think so, but to simply ignore all statistics and instead point at one game that was lost by a protoss is ridiculous.


Didn't the recent statistics say T>P>Z>T in Korean TLPD in January?

Regardless, I agree. We've seen Terrans pull all their SCVs and go all in and fail, as much as we've seen them succeed. It's a part of the game that players need to account for.



I'm not sure about all of Korea, I wasn't specific enough, I keep track of Proleague only, for personal information and because I love PL more than GSL. It might very well be that Terran is doing better in GSL.

If people are genuinely interested in Proleague stats I could release a google.doc file in a couple days with all the win rates, most succesful players per race. I realize that liquipedia does the same thing but they are always behind a few weeks.

edit: I can also update the google doc file in real time, so that's another advantage of that.


Thanks for the info (to you too, Dodgin). Yeah, would be interesting to see winrates again. SC2stats hasn't done one since August and it's more tricky to keep up with the trends.



It will take me a couple days though, right now I only use pen and paper for all the stats, so in order to make a detailed google.doc file I will need some time.

I will do
team vs race
player vs race
team win rate
player win rate
race win rates

anything else you think that would be interesting?


I'm hesitant to say anything as it means more work for you. But maps are the big one missing.
Cry 'havoc' and let slip the dogs of war
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
February 05 2013 12:58 GMT
#1178
Protoss, the cerberus race.
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-05 13:03:36
February 05 2013 13:02 GMT
#1179
On February 05 2013 21:45 samurai80 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2013 21:37 SlixSC wrote:
On February 05 2013 21:34 Ghanburighan wrote:
On February 05 2013 21:28 SlixSC wrote:
On February 05 2013 21:27 sitromit wrote:
On February 05 2013 21:05 SlixSC wrote:
People can complain about mules all they want, Protoss has the tools to avoid these situations, if they don't then yes Terran has an advantage. But let's not get carried away here, Protoss has a 60% win rate in TvP in Korea (january), so if people really think there is some sort of serious imbalance in the matchup, like some appearently do, they should really re-consider who suffers from that imbalance. Again I'm not saying there is imbalance, I don't think so, but to simply ignore all statistics and instead point at one game that was lost by a protoss is ridiculous.


Didn't the recent statistics say T>P>Z>T in Korean TLPD in January?

Regardless, I agree. We've seen Terrans pull all their SCVs and go all in and fail, as much as we've seen them succeed. It's a part of the game that players need to account for.



I'm not sure about all of Korea, I wasn't specific enough, I keep track of Proleague only, for personal information and because I love PL more than GSL. It might very well be that Terran is doing better in GSL.

If people are genuinely interested in Proleague stats I could release a google.doc file in a couple days with all the win rates, most succesful players per race. I realize that liquipedia does the same thing but they are always behind a few weeks.

edit: I can also update the google doc file in real time, so that's another advantage of that.


Thanks for the info (to you too, Dodgin). Yeah, would be interesting to see winrates again. SC2stats hasn't done one since August and it's more tricky to keep up with the trends.



It will take me a couple days though, right now I only use pen and paper for all the stats, so in order to make a detailed google.doc file I will need some time.

I will do
team vs race
player vs race
team win rate
player win rate
race win rates

anything else you think that would be interesting?

I'd prefer GSL over Proleague stats but else this looks enough.

GSL alone doesnt have enough TvP games this season yet to be relevant. There were only 8 in Code S and it was split 4-4. 21 PvZ (13-8) and 43 TvZ (16-27)
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
samurai80
Profile Joined November 2011
Japan4225 Posts
February 05 2013 13:03 GMT
#1180
On February 05 2013 22:02 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2013 21:45 samurai80 wrote:
On February 05 2013 21:37 SlixSC wrote:
On February 05 2013 21:34 Ghanburighan wrote:
On February 05 2013 21:28 SlixSC wrote:
On February 05 2013 21:27 sitromit wrote:
On February 05 2013 21:05 SlixSC wrote:
People can complain about mules all they want, Protoss has the tools to avoid these situations, if they don't then yes Terran has an advantage. But let's not get carried away here, Protoss has a 60% win rate in TvP in Korea (january), so if people really think there is some sort of serious imbalance in the matchup, like some appearently do, they should really re-consider who suffers from that imbalance. Again I'm not saying there is imbalance, I don't think so, but to simply ignore all statistics and instead point at one game that was lost by a protoss is ridiculous.


Didn't the recent statistics say T>P>Z>T in Korean TLPD in January?

Regardless, I agree. We've seen Terrans pull all their SCVs and go all in and fail, as much as we've seen them succeed. It's a part of the game that players need to account for.



I'm not sure about all of Korea, I wasn't specific enough, I keep track of Proleague only, for personal information and because I love PL more than GSL. It might very well be that Terran is doing better in GSL.

If people are genuinely interested in Proleague stats I could release a google.doc file in a couple days with all the win rates, most succesful players per race. I realize that liquipedia does the same thing but they are always behind a few weeks.

edit: I can also update the google doc file in real time, so that's another advantage of that.


Thanks for the info (to you too, Dodgin). Yeah, would be interesting to see winrates again. SC2stats hasn't done one since August and it's more tricky to keep up with the trends.



It will take me a couple days though, right now I only use pen and paper for all the stats, so in order to make a detailed google.doc file I will need some time.

I will do
team vs race
player vs race
team win rate
player win rate
race win rates

anything else you think that would be interesting?

I'd prefer GSL over Proleague stats but else this looks enough.

GSL alone doesnt have enough TvP games this season yet to be relevant. There were only 8 in Code S and it was split 4-4

Yes of course. Need more than a season.
Prev 1 57 58 59 60 61 63 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 239
NeuroSwarm 182
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19582
Dewaltoss 168
Bale 54
Terrorterran 19
Noble 8
Icarus 5
League of Legends
JimRising 822
Counter-Strike
taco 260
Other Games
summit1g11606
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1309
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream45
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 20
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota295
League of Legends
• Lourlo1198
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 33m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
6h 33m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 33m
Replay Cast
18h 33m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 6h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.