• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:22
CEST 21:22
KST 04:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12922 users

[Day 3] IEM Cologne 2012 - Groups C&D - Page 96

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 94 95 96 97 98 133 Next
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
August 17 2012 15:17 GMT
#1901
Triple-obs-toss
Whatson
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States5357 Posts
August 17 2012 15:17 GMT
#1902
On August 18 2012 00:17 Fjodorov wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2012 00:11 Wombat_NI wrote:
On August 18 2012 00:10 Whatson wrote:
On August 18 2012 00:08 RUFinalBoss wrote:
im reallly proud of Minigun he doesnt like flying maybe not the best showing but he really didnt play bad at all, it looked kinda like feast

But I thought he was the best player in his group...

Did anybody dare to claim that, even on a trolling level?

I'm genuinely not being a dick here, but why can't the US seem to produce competitive players at this current time?


Im also very interested in this situation. I do not want to bash any USA players but i just find it very strange. From watching MLG and other tournaments/leagues from USA its obvious that esports is big and sc2 draws very big and ethusiastic audiences. Anyways, im sure there are some great talents over there who will come out to do great thing soon.

Btw, gogo Supernova!!!

On August 17 2012 17:33 EuLoGy[kTw] wrote:
Minigun gets too nervous, he's better than probably everyone in his group if he plays calm

¯\_(シ)_/¯
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
August 17 2012 15:17 GMT
#1903
Is this the last day?
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13426 Posts
August 17 2012 15:18 GMT
#1904
On August 18 2012 00:10 Fragile51 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2012 00:09 ZeromuS wrote:
Im sad he isn't in WCS anymore, he would have slain so many elephants


Why would you say that? He lost to Leenock rather convincingly

+ Show Spoiler +
Who in turn got rolled rather convincingly by both RoRo and Rain.


He's one of the most consistent players from the Gom side. He has many styles and openings which makes him harder to prepare for as well. The ones who have lost to the kespa players have been both relatively inconsistent in their play overall, AND play a standard style that can be prepared for easily.

MC is neither. DRG is the only one who lost who is both consistent and has a set of styles availabe and he lost in a mirror matchup with ling bane. Muta scourge is arguably part of the reason DRG got out microed at ling bane.

StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
Boucot
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
France15997 Posts
August 17 2012 15:18 GMT
#1905
On August 18 2012 00:17 Mozdk wrote:
Is this the last day?


No it finishes sunday. Tomorrow RO16 and RO8, sunday RO4 and finals.
Former SC2 writer for Millenium - twitter.com/Boucot
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
August 17 2012 15:19 GMT
#1906
Triple obs but loses probes at both expansions xD

<wolf>Did SuperNova let his hair grow out? It looks that way and it looks good</wolf>
Chocobo
Profile Joined November 2006
United States1108 Posts
August 17 2012 15:20 GMT
#1907
On August 18 2012 00:14 drew-chan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2012 00:12 Chocobo wrote:
On August 18 2012 00:09 Fragile51 wrote:
On August 18 2012 00:08 Chocobo wrote:
So, so sick of this idiotic audience participation stuff. It's so silly and childish.

If I was in that audience I'd be going "everyone on the left yell FUCK, everyone on the right yell YOU"


Please never go to a live event, thanks.

Not likely considering my location... but I'm not sure how much I would enjoy a live event if I'm treated like a small child the entire time.

And now they're virtually requiring the audience to do this stuff before the games will get started? It looks exactly like an episode of Dora the Explorer, when they stop the show and have audience participation time before continuing on. It's an embarrassment to the community.


They did the exact same thing at the London Olympics, did that embarrass the entire UK?

Honestly, I thought that was pretty silly and the opening ceremony would have been better off without it. But considering that a lot of small children were watching around the world (and many were even in the ceremony), it wasn't too cringe-inducing. And it was the Olympics, so I'm willing to cut them some slack.

But a room full of competitive game fans in their mid 20s being treated like 6 year olds is a different story imho.
AgentChaos
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom4569 Posts
August 17 2012 15:20 GMT
#1908
mc gonna lose
IM & EG supporter
Paperplane
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands1823 Posts
August 17 2012 15:20 GMT
#1909
On August 18 2012 00:17 Chocobo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2012 00:14 Paperplane wrote:
On August 18 2012 00:12 Chocobo wrote:
On August 18 2012 00:09 Fragile51 wrote:
On August 18 2012 00:08 Chocobo wrote:
So, so sick of this idiotic audience participation stuff. It's so silly and childish.

If I was in that audience I'd be going "everyone on the left yell FUCK, everyone on the right yell YOU"


Please never go to a live event, thanks.

Not likely considering my location... but I'm not sure how much I would enjoy a live event if I'm treated like a small child the entire time.

And now they're virtually requiring the audience to do this stuff before the games will get started? It looks exactly like an episode of Dora the Explorer, when they stop the show and have audience participation time before continuing on. It's an embarrassment to the community.


These little audience participation events are completely standard everywhere. Go outside the house and find out.

Uh, no... they're really not. There is an enormous, huge, gargantuan difference between "let's welcome Randompro, everybody make some noise!" and these sing-along games that I've never seen outside of a kindergarten classroom.


Then you should get out more
Weirdkid
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Singapore2431 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-17 15:21:50
August 17 2012 15:21 GMT
#1910
*cringe* those flying DTs >.<
"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself." - Proverbs 26:4
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13426 Posts
August 17 2012 15:21 GMT
#1911
Did anyone hear artosis?

"Hes gonna crap a piece of that army"
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
AgentChaos
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom4569 Posts
August 17 2012 15:22 GMT
#1912
havent seen supernova playing in a long time, looks like hes still as sharp as ever
IM & EG supporter
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-17 15:22:34
August 17 2012 15:22 GMT
#1913
I love watching SuperNova when he plays well.

Always great army movements and strategic choices.
Whatson
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States5357 Posts
August 17 2012 15:22 GMT
#1914
Scariest thing to a toss?
Cloaked banshees into macro lay.
¯\_(シ)_/¯
y0su
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Finland7871 Posts
August 17 2012 15:22 GMT
#1915
On August 18 2012 00:14 Chocobo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2012 00:09 Rain.100 wrote:
On August 18 2012 00:08 Chocobo wrote:
So, so sick of this idiotic audience participation stuff. It's so silly and childish.

If I was in that audience I'd be going "everyone on the left yell FUCK, everyone on the right yell YOU" (well not really, but I wish someone would)

youre such a baller

Sorry, didn't know so many people were big fans of audience play-along time. If it's actually fun for people then that's kind of sad, but I wouldn't demand for their fun to be taken away I suppose.


I've also never liked it (been at various live events). It always feels so forced...

Don't get me wrong, I like audience participation (cheering/clapping at the right time etc). Unfortunately it takes a very experienced host to really play off of the crowd and hype them instead of force reaction =/
sashkata
Profile Joined September 2008
Bulgaria3241 Posts
August 17 2012 15:23 GMT
#1916
Impressive play from Supernova
Devise
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada1131 Posts
August 17 2012 15:24 GMT
#1917
On August 18 2012 00:17 Mozdk wrote:
Is this the last day?

No tomorrow as well
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27464 Posts
August 17 2012 15:24 GMT
#1918
On August 18 2012 00:20 Chocobo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2012 00:14 drew-chan wrote:
On August 18 2012 00:12 Chocobo wrote:
On August 18 2012 00:09 Fragile51 wrote:
On August 18 2012 00:08 Chocobo wrote:
So, so sick of this idiotic audience participation stuff. It's so silly and childish.

If I was in that audience I'd be going "everyone on the left yell FUCK, everyone on the right yell YOU"


Please never go to a live event, thanks.

Not likely considering my location... but I'm not sure how much I would enjoy a live event if I'm treated like a small child the entire time.

And now they're virtually requiring the audience to do this stuff before the games will get started? It looks exactly like an episode of Dora the Explorer, when they stop the show and have audience participation time before continuing on. It's an embarrassment to the community.


They did the exact same thing at the London Olympics, did that embarrass the entire UK?

Honestly, I thought that was pretty silly and the opening ceremony would have been better off without it. But considering that a lot of small children were watching around the world (and many were even in the ceremony), it wasn't too cringe-inducing. And it was the Olympics, so I'm willing to cut them some slack.

But a room full of competitive game fans in their mid 20s being treated like 6 year olds is a different story imho.

You're a bit of a grump, here's some advice.

There are many of us like you, hell I'm like that. I hate all this faux happy clappy shit, unless it's organically a response the crowd themselves generate. I don't dance, I don't enjoy talking to the majority of strangers in bars. I hate drinking games. Any time I mention not enjoying these activities I'm 'boring' or 'need to get out'. I'm plenty active, I have my own interests and plenty of friends, it's obnoxious the amount of crap I get regarding these things

Just don't verbalise your thoughts and people won't get pissy at you, sit in silence with a smug expression on or something.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Chocobo
Profile Joined November 2006
United States1108 Posts
August 17 2012 15:25 GMT
#1919
On August 18 2012 00:20 Paperplane wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2012 00:17 Chocobo wrote:
On August 18 2012 00:14 Paperplane wrote:
On August 18 2012 00:12 Chocobo wrote:
On August 18 2012 00:09 Fragile51 wrote:
On August 18 2012 00:08 Chocobo wrote:
So, so sick of this idiotic audience participation stuff. It's so silly and childish.

If I was in that audience I'd be going "everyone on the left yell FUCK, everyone on the right yell YOU"


Please never go to a live event, thanks.

Not likely considering my location... but I'm not sure how much I would enjoy a live event if I'm treated like a small child the entire time.

And now they're virtually requiring the audience to do this stuff before the games will get started? It looks exactly like an episode of Dora the Explorer, when they stop the show and have audience participation time before continuing on. It's an embarrassment to the community.


These little audience participation events are completely standard everywhere. Go outside the house and find out.

Uh, no... they're really not. There is an enormous, huge, gargantuan difference between "let's welcome Randompro, everybody make some noise!" and these sing-along games that I've never seen outside of a kindergarten classroom.


Then you should get out more

Exactly when and where have you seen anything like this outside of a show like Dora the Explorer, and a SC2 tournament? I'm sorry, I'm just not aware of it being a thing at all. Is it very common in Europe and as an American I'm just unaware of that?
AgentChaos
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom4569 Posts
August 17 2012 15:25 GMT
#1920
mc is holding on hard
IM & EG supporter
Prev 1 94 95 96 97 98 133 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1201
TKL 433
IndyStarCraft 282
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1201
ByuN 455
TKL 433
IndyStarCraft 282
Reynor 249
EmSc Tv 4
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24497
Calm 2401
Shuttle 367
Mini 172
White-Ra 146
firebathero 83
ZZZero.O 76
scan(afreeca) 24
soO 13
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc11115
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1287
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3865
Liquid`Hasu548
MindelVK3
Other Games
summit1g4568
Liquid`RaSZi2217
fl0m1749
FrodaN1313
B2W.Neo723
olofmeister697
Khaldor466
Beastyqt387
Livibee183
crisheroes135
Mew2King64
Pyrionflax39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick726
BasetradeTV236
StarCraft 2
angryscii 17
EmSc Tv 4
EmSc2Tv 4
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 29
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach36
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• 80smullet 14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1264
• Shiphtur588
• WagamamaTV419
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 38m
Replay Cast
3h 38m
OSC
16h 38m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.