• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:52
CEST 14:52
KST 21:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War35.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202619Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10861 users

[Day 3] IEM Cologne 2012 - Groups C&D - Page 98

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 96 97 98 99 100 133 Next
Chocobo
Profile Joined November 2006
United States1108 Posts
August 17 2012 15:32 GMT
#1941
On August 18 2012 00:24 Wombat_NI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2012 00:20 Chocobo wrote:
On August 18 2012 00:14 drew-chan wrote:
On August 18 2012 00:12 Chocobo wrote:
On August 18 2012 00:09 Fragile51 wrote:
On August 18 2012 00:08 Chocobo wrote:
So, so sick of this idiotic audience participation stuff. It's so silly and childish.

If I was in that audience I'd be going "everyone on the left yell FUCK, everyone on the right yell YOU"


Please never go to a live event, thanks.

Not likely considering my location... but I'm not sure how much I would enjoy a live event if I'm treated like a small child the entire time.

And now they're virtually requiring the audience to do this stuff before the games will get started? It looks exactly like an episode of Dora the Explorer, when they stop the show and have audience participation time before continuing on. It's an embarrassment to the community.


They did the exact same thing at the London Olympics, did that embarrass the entire UK?

Honestly, I thought that was pretty silly and the opening ceremony would have been better off without it. But considering that a lot of small children were watching around the world (and many were even in the ceremony), it wasn't too cringe-inducing. And it was the Olympics, so I'm willing to cut them some slack.

But a room full of competitive game fans in their mid 20s being treated like 6 year olds is a different story imho.

You're a bit of a grump, here's some advice.

There are many of us like you, hell I'm like that. I hate all this faux happy clappy shit, unless it's organically a response the crowd themselves generate. I don't dance, I don't enjoy talking to the majority of strangers in bars. I hate drinking games. Any time I mention not enjoying these activities I'm 'boring' or 'need to get out'. I'm plenty active, I have my own interests and plenty of friends, it's obnoxious the amount of crap I get regarding these things

Just don't verbalise your thoughts and people won't get pissy at you, sit in silence with a smug expression on or something.

I'm not trying to be a hater... I understand that at shows people will do things to try to hype up the crowd and all of that, and it's completely normal. I have no problem with a little bit of "artificial excitement creation" or whatever.

But SC2 is taking it to another level, I cannot help but think it's childish to make everyone pretend like a Korean pro won't come out to compete until the left side of the audience chants one thing, and then the right side chants another thing. If I was trying to show SC2 competition to a friend who enjoys competitive sports, I'd be embarrassed by it... and I kind of hope that if enough people say they're tired of it, then maybe this kind of thing will end.

But you're probably right, I should just keep my mouth shut and enjoy the games. IEM is awesome and I'm really enjoying it, just not those small parts.
Whatson
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States5357 Posts
August 17 2012 15:32 GMT
#1942
On August 18 2012 00:30 openbox1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2012 00:14 Dexington wrote:
Just realized ESL.tv is showing the exact same stream. I'm definitely watching that now rather than giving a single caster all the ad revenue.


You're right!
huh? I love day9 but isn't this a prick move? Don't these event organizers consult their live-view numbers to check popularity and get ad funding? Why is day9 stealing views? Or is it sanctioned by the event organizers?

It's the "official" stream apparently (Since the ESLTV stream is actually delayed for me)
How else would they get viewers?
¯\_(シ)_/¯
Sp00ly
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom1546 Posts
August 17 2012 15:32 GMT
#1943
On August 18 2012 00:30 openbox1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2012 00:14 Dexington wrote:
Just realized ESL.tv is showing the exact same stream. I'm definitely watching that now rather than giving a single caster all the ad revenue.


You're right!
huh? I love day9 but isn't this a prick move? Don't these event organizers consult their live-view numbers to check popularity and get ad funding? Why is day9 stealing views? Or is it sanctioned by the event organizers?


Obviously its sanctioned by the event organisers. It's clearly part of the deal that they made with Day9, probably so they don't have to pay him as much.
Chocobo
Profile Joined November 2006
United States1108 Posts
August 17 2012 15:33 GMT
#1944
On August 18 2012 00:26 Wombat_NI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2012 00:25 Chocobo wrote:
On August 18 2012 00:20 Paperplane wrote:
On August 18 2012 00:17 Chocobo wrote:
On August 18 2012 00:14 Paperplane wrote:
On August 18 2012 00:12 Chocobo wrote:
On August 18 2012 00:09 Fragile51 wrote:
On August 18 2012 00:08 Chocobo wrote:
So, so sick of this idiotic audience participation stuff. It's so silly and childish.

If I was in that audience I'd be going "everyone on the left yell FUCK, everyone on the right yell YOU"


Please never go to a live event, thanks.

Not likely considering my location... but I'm not sure how much I would enjoy a live event if I'm treated like a small child the entire time.

And now they're virtually requiring the audience to do this stuff before the games will get started? It looks exactly like an episode of Dora the Explorer, when they stop the show and have audience participation time before continuing on. It's an embarrassment to the community.


These little audience participation events are completely standard everywhere. Go outside the house and find out.

Uh, no... they're really not. There is an enormous, huge, gargantuan difference between "let's welcome Randompro, everybody make some noise!" and these sing-along games that I've never seen outside of a kindergarten classroom.


Then you should get out more

Exactly when and where have you seen anything like this outside of a show like Dora the Explorer, and a SC2 tournament? I'm sorry, I'm just not aware of it being a thing at all. Is it very common in Europe and as an American I'm just unaware of that?

Oh don't play that card after I showed solidarity with you man!

You Americans are the chief ones to blame for this kind of crap. The reason the Olympics needed 'y'all ready for this' and other cheesy songs played every fucking fifteen seconds was because you guys started it!

Haha yeah, I kind of thought it was an annoying American invention... I just asked because I saw two European people defending it, and thought maybe I was in the unaware American role or something.
syltz
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden187 Posts
August 17 2012 15:33 GMT
#1945
On August 18 2012 00:30 openbox1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2012 00:14 Dexington wrote:
Just realized ESL.tv is showing the exact same stream. I'm definitely watching that now rather than giving a single caster all the ad revenue.


You're right!
huh? I love day9 but isn't this a prick move? Don't these event organizers consult their live-view numbers to check popularity and get ad funding? Why is day9 stealing views? Or is it sanctioned by the event organizers?

Quite likely this is the way Day9 gets paid for doing this event rather than just getting a set amount of money. It's happened before with other casters as well and I remember hearing something about it a while back. Maybe one of the Real Talk episodes?
Mikah
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland230 Posts
August 17 2012 15:33 GMT
#1946
One guy clapped.
openbox1
Profile Joined March 2011
1393 Posts
August 17 2012 15:34 GMT
#1947
On August 18 2012 00:32 Sp00ly wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2012 00:30 openbox1 wrote:
On August 18 2012 00:14 Dexington wrote:
Just realized ESL.tv is showing the exact same stream. I'm definitely watching that now rather than giving a single caster all the ad revenue.


You're right!
huh? I love day9 but isn't this a prick move? Don't these event organizers consult their live-view numbers to check popularity and get ad funding? Why is day9 stealing views? Or is it sanctioned by the event organizers?


Obviously its sanctioned by the event organisers. It's clearly part of the deal that they made with Day9, probably so they don't have to pay him as much.


Whew. Love Day9 and thought this would be so uncharacteristic of him if it was just ad stealing. Yeah it makes sense.
IEM would probably be more interested in the live view data rather than the actual streaming profits since it would be chump change even with 20k+ viewers to an organization that size.
DJHelium
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden13480 Posts
August 17 2012 15:35 GMT
#1948
Rofl Tasteless is hilarious. 4 probes on gas, he goes "OH MY GOD!!" ♥
#1 player in the world atm: J-god | Follow me on twitter! @DJHelium
Dexington
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada7276 Posts
August 17 2012 15:36 GMT
#1949
Killer and Vortix talking in Spanish. That's something I've never seen at a pro tournament.
"Man you guys are missing out waving your stats dicks about instead of watching this pvp" - bbm
BBQKP
Profile Joined August 2012
15 Posts
August 17 2012 15:38 GMT
#1950
Jesus, SuperNova's builds vs MC are dirty. + Show Spoiler +
and by dirty I mean absolutely genius
knicyo
Profile Joined June 2012
177 Posts
August 17 2012 15:39 GMT
#1951
Great play by SuperNova. Really good build.
Ryung - Parting - Life - MMA - Genius - Fantasy
Stanlot
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5742 Posts
August 17 2012 15:40 GMT
#1952
What the heck is MC doing? :[
MC: "Sentry Forcefield Forcefield Marauder... cage Marauder die die"
A.Delicious.Yoghurt
Profile Joined June 2012
127 Posts
August 17 2012 15:40 GMT
#1953
Vortix 2-0 Killer. Go go Vortix!
Bashion
Profile Joined February 2011
Cook Islands2612 Posts
August 17 2012 15:41 GMT
#1954
WTF Mc
I've got moves like Jagger
y0su
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Finland7871 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-17 15:41:43
August 17 2012 15:41 GMT
#1955
omg artosis pylons!
my bad he had 3 spread out
Lysanias
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands8351 Posts
August 17 2012 15:41 GMT
#1956
MC is just dominated. And i love seeing it <3
knicyo
Profile Joined June 2012
177 Posts
August 17 2012 15:42 GMT
#1957
Wtf is the observer doing? Missing so many things happening!!
Ryung - Parting - Life - MMA - Genius - Fantasy
Sp00ly
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom1546 Posts
August 17 2012 15:42 GMT
#1958
Wow MC is getting torn apart.
AgentChaos
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom4569 Posts
August 17 2012 15:42 GMT
#1959
mc looks pretty dead
IM & EG supporter
ZAiNs
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom6525 Posts
August 17 2012 15:42 GMT
#1960
MC got bopped.
Prev 1 96 97 98 99 100 133 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
LamboSC2 319
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32017
Calm 6834
Rain 1790
Bisu 1716
Jaedong 711
FanTaSy 631
Horang2 551
BeSt 384
Rush 312
Stork 302
[ Show more ]
Soma 254
Zeus 174
Larva 158
Light 151
Free 121
Snow 116
ZerO 113
Barracks 96
Mind 88
910 87
Mong 68
Killer 60
Pusan 60
Sea.KH 56
Hyun 39
ToSsGirL 35
NaDa 28
Shinee 28
Sexy 23
Aegong 21
Hm[arnc] 19
sorry 16
Terrorterran 16
Noble 13
Sacsri 7
Icarus 3
Dota 2
Gorgc7012
Counter-Strike
fl0m2977
olofmeister912
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King65
Other Games
gofns33609
singsing2113
B2W.Neo727
Lowko292
crisheroes273
hiko224
RotterdaM57
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2922
• Jankos2730
• TFBlade246
Other Games
• WagamamaTV181
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 8m
Big Brain Bouts
21h 8m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 4h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 6h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 21h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.