• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:34
CEST 03:34
KST 10:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7520 users

SHOUTcraft Invitational 2 - Electric Banelinggoo - Page 17

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 111 Next
Sated
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
England4983 Posts
July 19 2011 15:24 GMT
#321
--- Nuked ---
Jonneh
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom67 Posts
July 19 2011 15:27 GMT
#322
On July 20 2011 00:15 nam nam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2011 00:11 Jonneh wrote:
On July 20 2011 00:01 Fluffboll wrote:
On July 19 2011 23:56 Jonneh wrote:
On July 19 2011 23:46 Fluffboll wrote:
On July 19 2011 23:26 Jonneh wrote:
On July 19 2011 04:21 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On July 18 2011 20:28 Jonneh wrote:
I'm pretty sure TB is one of the most angry and rude people I've ever seen. He frequently insults his own fanbois/viewers in very public ways. Check his twitter, I'm sure you'll see what I'm talking about. I'm also pretty sure that his response to idra's criticism wasn't to just take the high road as he seems to be now, he responded by telling idra he is a terrible caster and made several posts here on TL and directly on twitter attacking him in that regard so.... yeah.


I'd ask as politely as possible that you take this drama elsewhere please. This is a positive thread for an upcoming tournament. If you have nothing relevant to say in relation to it, I'd suggest that your commentary is off topic and as such, does not belong here.


Kinda ironic to post this request given that the drama of which you refer is directly your own making. Rather like the dog with tin cans tied to its tale, I'm afraid its doomed to be entirely pointless, but follow you around making noise everywhere you go.

Perhaps you'd like to read my earlier post and respond to my request that you resolve the matter by stopping this tit-for-tat session with "anyone who criticizes you" and instead bury the hatchet and stop being so angry and ireful at the world?

You may enjoy the post, I promise.

Until then, since you're not honouring my request I see no reason to honour yours. The discussion regarding the invitees, who is excluded and why is relevant to this thread for obvious reasons.


Who is excluded and why is completely irrelevant to anything here since this is an invitational tournament. There doesn't even have to be a reason to exclude someone and it's still fine since who gets an invite or not is up to the organizers.

And please take your negative attitude and trolling someplace else, this is a thread about who IS in the tournament and the general excitement a lot of people feel towards the tournament at large.


I don't really see my attitude as negative, I don't believe I've said anything which is anything beyond factual except that which I have labelled as my own personal opinion. As for trolling, I'm sure if the TL moderators believe my posts to be too offtopic or trolly, they will warn me and/or remove them. Until then, I do intend to keep discussing the matter because I believe in the public interest. The fact that a player is excluded from this tournament, a player I and I'm sure many others enjoy to watch, is the most on-topic thing I could imagine.

The fact that it is the result of personal drama between two adults on the internet really isn't anything to do with me. My only comment on the matter is to say that I am unhappy with the situation as a viewer, supporter of esports, etc. Suggesting how it could be resolved is as constructive as I can be.



Please, don't act so dumb. This is an Invitational tournament, INVITATIONAL, meaning no one has a right to be in it, who is and who is not is completely up to the Organizers (in this case TB and probably his wife).
They don't have to give any reason as for why any specific player is not in the tournament and you trying to insist that they must or that they must invite someone they don't want to is stupid and irrelevant to the topic, it is just you thinking you can decide what other people can and can not do.

Again you clearly have no interest in the tournament other then arguing about why a player is not in it so please leave the topic.


I assure you, I'm not "acting dumb". I understand that players need to be invited, but do you understand that it is common knowledge that idra was excluded for personal reasons? Seems to be you're the one who is conveniently excluding information here, where as I am confronting the issue and stating my displeasure with it.

While I'm sure many other players will not be invited, its not quite the same situation with idra though given the statements that have already been made. Sticking your head in the sand and hoping the whole thing will blow over or go away may be a good attitude for you, but I find it much more constructive to ask these difficult questions and discuss why the issue diminishes this event for me as a viewer.


It's common knowledge that a player hasn't been invited to a tournament that hasn't announced half of it's players yet? Do you know he would even accept?

Idra's got plenty of invitations anyway, I don't see why you have to make a fool out of yourself in this thread for such a non issue.


Uh yes, its common knowledge he's not been invited.

http://twitter.com/#!/Totalbiscuit/status/80794871815864320

Again, it may be a non-issue for you but it really isn't for me and I'm sure others. Its an irritating side show to the sport I enjoy watching.
StarVe
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany13591 Posts
July 19 2011 15:28 GMT
#323
You're trying to make it sound like it's a big thing that needs to be "resolved", an "issue" that needs to be "confronted" while everyone else agrees that it's not. I'm sorry to say, but whether or not you think that the exclusion of IdrA diminishes the event is not particular relevant.

Instead of IdrA we're going to see eight players who are equally or more deserving in TB's eyes fight it out and it's gonna be awesome.
Jonneh
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom67 Posts
July 19 2011 15:34 GMT
#324
On July 20 2011 00:28 StarVe wrote:
You're trying to make it sound like it's a big thing that needs to be "resolved", an "issue" that needs to be "confronted" while everyone else agrees that it's not. I'm sorry to say, but whether or not you think that the exclusion of IdrA diminishes the event is not particular relevant.

Instead of IdrA we're going to see eight players who are equally or more deserving in TB's eyes fight it out and it's gonna be awesome.


"Everyone else" is a big claim for you to make. If I am the only person in the whole community to care about this, then I do apologise. Even if true though, it doesn't really prevent me from shining a light on the issue.

I'm sure all the other players are great. Idra is one of the best non-koreans though, as I'm sure you could agree his results at tournaments show with the possible exception of the most recent. Again, if I am the only person in the whole community who'd like to see him playing then I apologise, but I really don't think I am.
Jonneh
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom67 Posts
July 19 2011 15:35 GMT
#325
On July 20 2011 00:19 Nifel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2011 23:51 Jonneh wrote:
On July 19 2011 23:46 Nifel wrote:
On July 19 2011 23:26 Jonneh wrote:
On July 19 2011 04:21 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On July 18 2011 20:28 Jonneh wrote:
I'm pretty sure TB is one of the most angry and rude people I've ever seen. He frequently insults his own fanbois/viewers in very public ways. Check his twitter, I'm sure you'll see what I'm talking about. I'm also pretty sure that his response to idra's criticism wasn't to just take the high road as he seems to be now, he responded by telling idra he is a terrible caster and made several posts here on TL and directly on twitter attacking him in that regard so.... yeah.


I'd ask as politely as possible that you take this drama elsewhere please. This is a positive thread for an upcoming tournament. If you have nothing relevant to say in relation to it, I'd suggest that your commentary is off topic and as such, does not belong here.


Kinda ironic to post this request given that the drama of which you refer is directly your own making. Rather like the dog with tin cans tied to its tale, I'm afraid its doomed to be entirely pointless, but follow you around making noise everywhere you go.

Perhaps you'd like to read my earlier post and respond to my request that you resolve the matter by stopping this tit-for-tat session with "anyone who criticizes you" and instead bury the hatchet and stop being so angry and ireful at the world?

You may enjoy the post, I promise.

Until then, since you're not honouring my request I see no reason to honour yours. The discussion regarding the invitees, who is excluded and why is relevant to this thread for obvious reasons.


Okay, so basically you made an attempt to bait a arguably on topic debate concerning the invitees, or more specifically, why IdrA has not yet recieved an invite (for all we know). TB choose to overlook your post/not swallow the bait, and in response you go off topic. Smooth move.

Fun fact: out of your seven post, at least six revolves around TB. From what I can tell, you visit TL.net just to discuss TotalBiscuit. Interesting!



Its not really that interesting, I used to be happy just reading for many years, but I find the immature drama surrounding a particular individual who isn't even a player or major figure in the world of SC2 esports (in my opinion) to be something which constantly drives me to make comment.

That comment being, I think the ego from individuals takes focus away from the game.

If that interests you, there you have it. Glad to shed some light.

I can't agree its offtopic, given the ego/drama/arguments involved are directly responsible for an invitee being excluded from the event. I'm sure some would like to see it not discussed, particularly me I think if you've read my previous posts, but I'd rather it was not discussed AFTER it was solved instead of sweeping it under the carpet now as "offtopic" or taboo.

Thank you for your interest though.


Thank you for the elaborate response. Though, I must say that I find it slightly surprising that you've chosen to stay out of the community and the discussions during your many years here on TL.net. Especially considering there are several individuals who, over the years, have stirred up equal if not greater drama! I can imagine a person with interests and opinions such as yours must have been tempted to partake in the discussions. I guess you've got especially strong opinions about TotalBiscuit and his work.

Anyway, now when you're a posting member of the community, let me take this chance to welcome you to TL.net!

Also, I must say I'm really happy with TB's choice of co-caster. dApollo is an excellent choice and complements TB very well. While he was great already back at the i42 (or was it the i41?) I feel he's improved a lot since then.




Thank you for the welcome. What can I say, I felt the need to find a voice recently?

I do enjoy dApollo's casting. Dreamhack with him and Day9 was a great viewing experience.
OrderlyChaos
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1115 Posts
July 19 2011 15:38 GMT
#326
On July 20 2011 00:34 Jonneh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2011 00:28 StarVe wrote:
You're trying to make it sound like it's a big thing that needs to be "resolved", an "issue" that needs to be "confronted" while everyone else agrees that it's not. I'm sorry to say, but whether or not you think that the exclusion of IdrA diminishes the event is not particular relevant.

Instead of IdrA we're going to see eight players who are equally or more deserving in TB's eyes fight it out and it's gonna be awesome.


"Everyone else" is a big claim for you to make. If I am the only person in the whole community to care about this, then I do apologise. Even if true though, it doesn't really prevent me from shining a light on the issue.

I'm sure all the other players are great. Idra is one of the best non-koreans though, as I'm sure you could agree his results at tournaments show with the possible exception of the most recent. Again, if I am the only person in the whole community who'd like to see him playing then I apologise, but I really don't think I am.


You can see Idra play in many other events, if that's truly all you care about. This is TB's invitational, and if he doesn't care to give Idra a free $100 (at least), then it's his prerogative. He's invited many players in both this tournament and the previous tournament who are skilled and have also shown strong tournament results, along with players that are skilled, but not as heavily e-famous (I would consider Stephano, Nerchio, etc as part of this group). He is under no obligation to have the players that you believe are the best in his tournament, and I don't know if he'd be that bothered by losing some viewers because of it.
Jonneh
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom67 Posts
July 19 2011 15:41 GMT
#327
On July 20 2011 00:38 OrderlyChaos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2011 00:34 Jonneh wrote:
On July 20 2011 00:28 StarVe wrote:
You're trying to make it sound like it's a big thing that needs to be "resolved", an "issue" that needs to be "confronted" while everyone else agrees that it's not. I'm sorry to say, but whether or not you think that the exclusion of IdrA diminishes the event is not particular relevant.

Instead of IdrA we're going to see eight players who are equally or more deserving in TB's eyes fight it out and it's gonna be awesome.


"Everyone else" is a big claim for you to make. If I am the only person in the whole community to care about this, then I do apologise. Even if true though, it doesn't really prevent me from shining a light on the issue.

I'm sure all the other players are great. Idra is one of the best non-koreans though, as I'm sure you could agree his results at tournaments show with the possible exception of the most recent. Again, if I am the only person in the whole community who'd like to see him playing then I apologise, but I really don't think I am.


You can see Idra play in many other events, if that's truly all you care about. This is TB's invitational, and if he doesn't care to give Idra a free $100 (at least), then it's his prerogative. He's invited many players in both this tournament and the previous tournament who are skilled and have also shown strong tournament results, along with players that are skilled, but not as heavily e-famous (I would consider Stephano, Nerchio, etc as part of this group). He is under no obligation to have the players that you believe are the best in his tournament, and I don't know if he'd be that bothered by losing some viewers because of it.


I don't doubt that you're correct on every point there. My only rebuttal being that I find the reasons for his absolute exclusion to be childish and beneath the standard to which we should all hope to aspire. If you read my first post in this thread, you'd probably find I am just as critical of idra for this situation. It takes two to tango, as they say.
foen
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands111 Posts
July 19 2011 15:43 GMT
#328
On July 20 2011 00:34 Jonneh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2011 00:28 StarVe wrote:
You're trying to make it sound like it's a big thing that needs to be "resolved", an "issue" that needs to be "confronted" while everyone else agrees that it's not. I'm sorry to say, but whether or not you think that the exclusion of IdrA diminishes the event is not particular relevant.

Instead of IdrA we're going to see eight players who are equally or more deserving in TB's eyes fight it out and it's gonna be awesome.


"Everyone else" is a big claim for you to make. If I am the only person in the whole community to care about this, then I do apologise. Even if true though, it doesn't really prevent me from shining a light on the issue.

I'm sure all the other players are great. Idra is one of the best non-koreans though, as I'm sure you could agree his results at tournaments show with the possible exception of the most recent. Again, if I am the only person in the whole community who'd like to see him playing then I apologise, but I really don't think I am.


Noone is stopping you from putting up $2600 and inviting who you want.
Sated
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
England4983 Posts
July 19 2011 15:44 GMT
#329
--- Nuked ---
TotalBiscuit
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom5437 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-19 15:55:20
July 19 2011 15:53 GMT
#330
It's very easy for critics who contribute so little to come along and claim that they would "bury the hatchet" with someone who has gone out of his way, along with his teammate, to attack their character and would happily give money out of their own pocket to that person. They will never be in a position where they have to put their money where their mouth is, so they can claim this imaginary moral highground.

Both of the Zerg I've invited so far are more interesting in my opinion than IdrA at this point. They are posting consistently good results, they are placing similarly to him. IdrA is out of practice and will probably remain in decline until this EG Teamhouse gets going, he's not as interesting as either Nerchio or Sheth and I'd rather have them in my tournament than him. That'd be the case even if he hadn't insulted me. You wanna know what the great thing about sponsoring your own invitational is? You get to invite who you like and nobody has any right to criticise you for it. When it comes to picking players for this tournament I pick a mix that I think will create an interesting tournament. SHOUTcraft Invitational was started as a way to provide a very positive, fun tournament for everyone where people would discuss the matchs, not the drama. Bringing IdrA into it adds nothing, hell I'd expect him to lose, ragequit, BM one of the players who most likely did not deserve it and then the LR thread degenerates into arguments about him, completely overshadowing the tournament. It's a genius marketing ploy on his part and those love-to-hate personalities work, but y'know what? I don't want them in my tournament.

And once again, that's assuming I needed to justify my reasons for not inviting him beyond "he was a dick to me on public forums on more than one occasion and I don't tend to give my money to people who flame me". There is no reason to believe that any critic in this thread would act any differently.
CommentatorHost of SHOUTcraft Clan Wars- http://www.mlg.tv/shoutcraft
Jonneh
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom67 Posts
July 19 2011 15:57 GMT
#331
On July 20 2011 00:44 Sated wrote:
Show nested quote +
My only rebuttal being that I find the reasons for his absolute exclusion to be childish and beneath the standard to which we should all hope to aspire.

This assumes that IdrA should 100% be in with these 8 players and that his exclusion is against some sort of natural order. Not the case. Stop being daft.


I'm sorry I don't understand this point. We know he isn't included because of the public comments and arguments made. If he was simply not invited for incidental reasons, or indeed he himself declined because he couldn't spare the time and so on I should say things would be quite different.
SgtCoDFish
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United Kingdom1520 Posts
July 19 2011 16:04 GMT
#332
On July 20 2011 00:57 Jonneh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2011 00:44 Sated wrote:
My only rebuttal being that I find the reasons for his absolute exclusion to be childish and beneath the standard to which we should all hope to aspire.

This assumes that IdrA should 100% be in with these 8 players and that his exclusion is against some sort of natural order. Not the case. Stop being daft.


I'm sorry I don't understand this point. We know he isn't included because of the public comments and arguments made. If he was simply not invited for incidental reasons, or indeed he himself declined because he couldn't spare the time and so on I should say things would be quite different.


Would you give $100 randomly to someone who called you terrible at your job?

Think about it. Even if a player loses in the first round they're guaranteed money. That means by inviting him, TotalBiscuit would be promising to give IdrA $100. Why the hell would he do that?

If people really want an invitational with IdrA in, then make one yourself with your own money and get out of this thread. This is a man GIVING AWAY his money to entertain people. If you can't be entertained without IdrA, then that's your choice and you can choose to not watch.

On topic: great looking tourney so far, TB. Will tune in like my life depends on it if my internet can handle it :D
sztanpet
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Hungary44 Posts
July 19 2011 16:06 GMT
#333
I am only sorry that TB is responding to stupid comments. Nothing positive could come of it, never have and never will.
I am looking forward to this great event, and wish TB the best of luck with things (as we all know, something always goes bad, so heres to hoping nothing major will).
wklbishop
Profile Joined July 2011
United States1286 Posts
July 19 2011 16:10 GMT
#334
On July 20 2011 00:41 Jonneh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2011 00:38 OrderlyChaos wrote:
On July 20 2011 00:34 Jonneh wrote:
On July 20 2011 00:28 StarVe wrote:
You're trying to make it sound like it's a big thing that needs to be "resolved", an "issue" that needs to be "confronted" while everyone else agrees that it's not. I'm sorry to say, but whether or not you think that the exclusion of IdrA diminishes the event is not particular relevant.

Instead of IdrA we're going to see eight players who are equally or more deserving in TB's eyes fight it out and it's gonna be awesome.


"Everyone else" is a big claim for you to make. If I am the only person in the whole community to care about this, then I do apologise. Even if true though, it doesn't really prevent me from shining a light on the issue.

I'm sure all the other players are great. Idra is one of the best non-koreans though, as I'm sure you could agree his results at tournaments show with the possible exception of the most recent. Again, if I am the only person in the whole community who'd like to see him playing then I apologise, but I really don't think I am.


You can see Idra play in many other events, if that's truly all you care about. This is TB's invitational, and if he doesn't care to give Idra a free $100 (at least), then it's his prerogative. He's invited many players in both this tournament and the previous tournament who are skilled and have also shown strong tournament results, along with players that are skilled, but not as heavily e-famous (I would consider Stephano, Nerchio, etc as part of this group). He is under no obligation to have the players that you believe are the best in his tournament, and I don't know if he'd be that bothered by losing some viewers because of it.


I don't doubt that you're correct on every point there. My only rebuttal being that I find the reasons for his absolute exclusion to be childish and beneath the standard to which we should all hope to aspire. If you read my first post in this thread, you'd probably find I am just as critical of idra for this situation. It takes two to tango, as they say.


If you find TB childish then don't watch his tournament and boycott it.

He's being childish? So what? You have no right to tell him what to do with his money. You yourself have every right to blow $2600 on a tournament for a community that happens to criticize/flame you every step of the way.

And at the end of the day, you have to give props to TB because there wouldn't be a tournament in the first place without him. At the very least say thank you to the guy.

Heck, you just keep on saying it's childish but you acknowledge that he has every right to do what he does. So what's your point, say it's childish and not watch it and just move on. You can criticize him all you want, but he doesn't have to do anything you say nor respond nor should he.
Gameplay > Personality
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
July 19 2011 16:13 GMT
#335
Sheth is a very nice addition. Looking forward to seeing more terrans on the list! My bet is on Kas, Demuslim and maybe Tarson.
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
Sated
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
England4983 Posts
July 19 2011 16:21 GMT
#336
--- Nuked ---
tdt
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3179 Posts
July 19 2011 16:22 GMT
#337
Jonneh made all his posts to bash TB for his boyfriend. Look no sane person wants idra - he gives bad games and bad sportsmanship, third WTF you want to pay someone out of your pocket who's a dick to you? You do it, hustle up your $1000 and send it to idra, don't expect TB to. Good day.
MC for president
OrderlyChaos
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1115 Posts
July 19 2011 16:24 GMT
#338
On July 20 2011 01:13 Telcontar wrote:
Sheth is a very nice addition. Looking forward to seeing more terrans on the list! My bet is on Kas, Demuslim and maybe Tarson.


I would say you're wrong on merit of lack of the starting letter 'S,' but I think he might be running out of S players to invite except for perhaps Sjow. I'd like to see if Demuslim has managed to return his game to where it was, but that'd be an invite more on potential than result. I'd like to see Kas or Tarson though.
Jonneh
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom67 Posts
July 19 2011 16:29 GMT
#339
On July 20 2011 00:53 TotalBiscuit wrote:
It's very easy for critics who contribute so little to come along and claim that they would "bury the hatchet" with someone who has gone out of his way, along with his teammate, to attack their character and would happily give money out of their own pocket to that person. They will never be in a position where they have to put their money where their mouth is, so they can claim this imaginary moral highground.

Both of the Zerg I've invited so far are more interesting in my opinion than IdrA at this point. They are posting consistently good results, they are placing similarly to him. IdrA is out of practice and will probably remain in decline until this EG Teamhouse gets going, he's not as interesting as either Nerchio or Sheth and I'd rather have them in my tournament than him. That'd be the case even if he hadn't insulted me. You wanna know what the great thing about sponsoring your own invitational is? You get to invite who you like and nobody has any right to criticise you for it. When it comes to picking players for this tournament I pick a mix that I think will create an interesting tournament. SHOUTcraft Invitational was started as a way to provide a very positive, fun tournament for everyone where people would discuss the matchs, not the drama. Bringing IdrA into it adds nothing, hell I'd expect him to lose, ragequit, BM one of the players who most likely did not deserve it and then the LR thread degenerates into arguments about him, completely overshadowing the tournament. It's a genius marketing ploy on his part and those love-to-hate personalities work, but y'know what? I don't want them in my tournament.

And once again, that's assuming I needed to justify my reasons for not inviting him beyond "he was a dick to me on public forums on more than one occasion and I don't tend to give my money to people who flame me". There is no reason to believe that any critic in this thread would act any differently.


I thank you for the eventual response, but wish to highlight a few issues I have.

For one, saying I or anyone else has "no right to criticize" is completely incorrect. I can criticize you both for acting this way. You've both said things about each other which have no real place in a public forum. You make a big point in your tweets and videos saying that trolling and trolls are reprehensible. What would you call two esports personalities having at each other, saying how terrible at casting each other are, and so forth? Seems like you were trolling each other very effectively there. You also make a big point of calling people a hypocrite when you believe them to be acting so. (earlier in this very thread, in fact) Is it not fair to say that its pretty hypocritical of you to act like that in a public way with a player of the esport you support? What did that argument bring to anything except drama?

I'm not really asking you to justify your reasons. We all know your reasons, it was made quite public what they are. What I am saying is that I find it to be childish that two adults put their own pride and ego ahead of the game. I would welcome attempts by either party to resolve the matter so that we don't have to discuss it, and so it is not an issue for future events.
Jonneh
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom67 Posts
July 19 2011 16:34 GMT
#340
On July 20 2011 01:21 Sated wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2011 00:57 Jonneh wrote:
On July 20 2011 00:44 Sated wrote:
My only rebuttal being that I find the reasons for his absolute exclusion to be childish and beneath the standard to which we should all hope to aspire.

This assumes that IdrA should 100% be in with these 8 players and that his exclusion is against some sort of natural order. Not the case. Stop being daft.


I'm sorry I don't understand this point. We know he isn't included because of the public comments and arguments made. If he was simply not invited for incidental reasons, or indeed he himself declined because he couldn't spare the time and so on I should say things would be quite different.

Complaining about IdrA not being included assumes he has some sort of right to be there. It assumes that excluding him goes against some sort of natural order. It doesn't. The reason he's not being invited doesn't matter one bit because it's pointless complaining about players not being in an invitational, there are so many good players that losing one of them isn't going to make the tournament any worse. Stop being daft.


Personally I find this attitude to be simply burying the matter. I'm sure if that is how you feel about it I can respect that. I'd just much rather discuss it and prompt change so that we might see idra as well as many more of the others to which you allude.
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 111 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings65
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 145
RuFF_SC2 114
ProTech59
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15772
Rain 2245
Artosis 570
NaDa 19
Bale 16
League of Legends
Doublelift3503
Counter-Strike
taco 388
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox600
Mew2King105
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor972
Other Games
summit1g8555
Day[9].tv706
JimRising 558
PiGStarcraft316
C9.Mang0265
ArmadaUGS70
ViBE49
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV232
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream104
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 158
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP61
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv706
• Scarra578
• Shiphtur146
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
11h 26m
OSC
20h 26m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 8h
Online Event
1d 9h
FEL
1d 14h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.