• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:37
CEST 15:37
KST 22:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)45Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8851 users

SHOUTcraft Invitational 2 - Electric Banelinggoo - Page 16

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 111 Next
shell
Profile Joined October 2010
Portugal2722 Posts
July 19 2011 09:32 GMT
#301
Add idra TB plzzzzzzzzzz ;D
BENFICA || Besties: idra, Stephano, Nestea, Jaedong, Serral, Jinro, Scarlett || Zerg <3
Asturas
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Finland587 Posts
July 19 2011 10:05 GMT
#302
More Terrans please
There are no boundaries, that's the final conclusion.
JoeAWESOME
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden1080 Posts
July 19 2011 10:12 GMT
#303
Would be awesome if you had an open tournament for the last spot. Maybe get some wild card in there...
Simply Awesome! - Liquid'Ret - NSHoSeo_Seal - coLMVP_DRG - EG_Idra - Fnatic.NightEnd
Websblob
Profile Joined June 2011
6 Posts
July 19 2011 10:24 GMT
#304
It's funny TB, you were the one who made me purchase Starcraft 2 as I was subscribed to your channel from the Cataclysm beta then watched your ISASC2 gameplays.
But now I can barely watch your videos anymore due to the fact that you put to much emphasis on your voice. Not exactly sure if emphasis is the correct word but the point is that you try to hard to make your voice special or something. I can barely get through 15 seconds of the audio file before closing it. (And you can't say that's how you speak to people in real life, cause it's not.)

My opinion doesn't really matter though. I still totally respect you and the fact that you spend near 3000 on a Starcraft tournament.
Fluffboll
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden516 Posts
July 19 2011 10:35 GMT
#305
TB's voice is awesome, but as with anything where personal taste is involved some people will find it not so much awesome as I do.

Anyway as I've said a few times in this thread already this tournament is looking more and more epic with each reveal
You need to construct additional pylons.
5ukkub
Profile Joined September 2009
Poland507 Posts
July 19 2011 10:49 GMT
#306
On July 19 2011 19:24 Websblob wrote:
It's funny TB, you were the one who made me purchase Starcraft 2 as I was subscribed to your channel from the Cataclysm beta then watched your ISASC2 gameplays.
But now I can barely watch your videos anymore due to the fact that you put to much emphasis on your voice. Not exactly sure if emphasis is the correct word but the point is that you try to hard to make your voice special or something. I can barely get through 15 seconds of the audio file before closing it. (And you can't say that's how you speak to people in real life, cause it's not.)

My opinion doesn't really matter though. I still totally respect you and the fact that you spend near 3000 on a Starcraft tournament.


These are player's intros dude. They are supposed to be that way!
Rationalism - Don't take evereything what you hear as a fact! Thinking process makes us human.
TotalBiscuit
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom5437 Posts
July 19 2011 12:32 GMT
#307
On July 19 2011 19:49 5ukkub wrote:
These are player's intros dude. They are supposed to be that way!


What he said
CommentatorHost of SHOUTcraft Clan Wars- http://www.mlg.tv/shoutcraft
Jonneh
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom67 Posts
July 19 2011 14:26 GMT
#308
On July 19 2011 04:21 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2011 20:28 Jonneh wrote:
I'm pretty sure TB is one of the most angry and rude people I've ever seen. He frequently insults his own fanbois/viewers in very public ways. Check his twitter, I'm sure you'll see what I'm talking about. I'm also pretty sure that his response to idra's criticism wasn't to just take the high road as he seems to be now, he responded by telling idra he is a terrible caster and made several posts here on TL and directly on twitter attacking him in that regard so.... yeah.


I'd ask as politely as possible that you take this drama elsewhere please. This is a positive thread for an upcoming tournament. If you have nothing relevant to say in relation to it, I'd suggest that your commentary is off topic and as such, does not belong here.


Kinda ironic to post this request given that the drama of which you refer is directly your own making. Rather like the dog with tin cans tied to its tale, I'm afraid its doomed to be entirely pointless, but follow you around making noise everywhere you go.

Perhaps you'd like to read my earlier post and respond to my request that you resolve the matter by stopping this tit-for-tat session with "anyone who criticizes you" and instead bury the hatchet and stop being so angry and ireful at the world?

You may enjoy the post, I promise.

Until then, since you're not honouring my request I see no reason to honour yours. The discussion regarding the invitees, who is excluded and why is relevant to this thread for obvious reasons.
Nifel
Profile Joined June 2010
706 Posts
July 19 2011 14:46 GMT
#309
On July 19 2011 23:26 Jonneh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2011 04:21 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On July 18 2011 20:28 Jonneh wrote:
I'm pretty sure TB is one of the most angry and rude people I've ever seen. He frequently insults his own fanbois/viewers in very public ways. Check his twitter, I'm sure you'll see what I'm talking about. I'm also pretty sure that his response to idra's criticism wasn't to just take the high road as he seems to be now, he responded by telling idra he is a terrible caster and made several posts here on TL and directly on twitter attacking him in that regard so.... yeah.


I'd ask as politely as possible that you take this drama elsewhere please. This is a positive thread for an upcoming tournament. If you have nothing relevant to say in relation to it, I'd suggest that your commentary is off topic and as such, does not belong here.


Kinda ironic to post this request given that the drama of which you refer is directly your own making. Rather like the dog with tin cans tied to its tale, I'm afraid its doomed to be entirely pointless, but follow you around making noise everywhere you go.

Perhaps you'd like to read my earlier post and respond to my request that you resolve the matter by stopping this tit-for-tat session with "anyone who criticizes you" and instead bury the hatchet and stop being so angry and ireful at the world?

You may enjoy the post, I promise.

Until then, since you're not honouring my request I see no reason to honour yours. The discussion regarding the invitees, who is excluded and why is relevant to this thread for obvious reasons.


Okay, so basically you made an attempt to bait a arguably on topic debate concerning the invitees, or more specifically, why IdrA has not yet recieved an invite (for all we know). TB choose to overlook your post/not swallow the bait, and in response you go off topic. Smooth move.

Fun fact: out of your seven post, at least six revolves around TB. From what I can tell, you visit TL.net just to discuss TotalBiscuit. Interesting!
Fluffboll
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden516 Posts
July 19 2011 14:46 GMT
#310
On July 19 2011 23:26 Jonneh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2011 04:21 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On July 18 2011 20:28 Jonneh wrote:
I'm pretty sure TB is one of the most angry and rude people I've ever seen. He frequently insults his own fanbois/viewers in very public ways. Check his twitter, I'm sure you'll see what I'm talking about. I'm also pretty sure that his response to idra's criticism wasn't to just take the high road as he seems to be now, he responded by telling idra he is a terrible caster and made several posts here on TL and directly on twitter attacking him in that regard so.... yeah.


I'd ask as politely as possible that you take this drama elsewhere please. This is a positive thread for an upcoming tournament. If you have nothing relevant to say in relation to it, I'd suggest that your commentary is off topic and as such, does not belong here.


Kinda ironic to post this request given that the drama of which you refer is directly your own making. Rather like the dog with tin cans tied to its tale, I'm afraid its doomed to be entirely pointless, but follow you around making noise everywhere you go.

Perhaps you'd like to read my earlier post and respond to my request that you resolve the matter by stopping this tit-for-tat session with "anyone who criticizes you" and instead bury the hatchet and stop being so angry and ireful at the world?

You may enjoy the post, I promise.

Until then, since you're not honouring my request I see no reason to honour yours. The discussion regarding the invitees, who is excluded and why is relevant to this thread for obvious reasons.


Who is excluded and why is completely irrelevant to anything here since this is an invitational tournament. There doesn't even have to be a reason to exclude someone and it's still fine since who gets an invite or not is up to the organizers.

And please take your negative attitude and trolling someplace else, this is a thread about who IS in the tournament and the general excitement a lot of people feel towards the tournament at large.
You need to construct additional pylons.
Jonneh
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom67 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-19 14:51:45
July 19 2011 14:51 GMT
#311
On July 19 2011 23:46 Nifel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2011 23:26 Jonneh wrote:
On July 19 2011 04:21 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On July 18 2011 20:28 Jonneh wrote:
I'm pretty sure TB is one of the most angry and rude people I've ever seen. He frequently insults his own fanbois/viewers in very public ways. Check his twitter, I'm sure you'll see what I'm talking about. I'm also pretty sure that his response to idra's criticism wasn't to just take the high road as he seems to be now, he responded by telling idra he is a terrible caster and made several posts here on TL and directly on twitter attacking him in that regard so.... yeah.


I'd ask as politely as possible that you take this drama elsewhere please. This is a positive thread for an upcoming tournament. If you have nothing relevant to say in relation to it, I'd suggest that your commentary is off topic and as such, does not belong here.


Kinda ironic to post this request given that the drama of which you refer is directly your own making. Rather like the dog with tin cans tied to its tale, I'm afraid its doomed to be entirely pointless, but follow you around making noise everywhere you go.

Perhaps you'd like to read my earlier post and respond to my request that you resolve the matter by stopping this tit-for-tat session with "anyone who criticizes you" and instead bury the hatchet and stop being so angry and ireful at the world?

You may enjoy the post, I promise.

Until then, since you're not honouring my request I see no reason to honour yours. The discussion regarding the invitees, who is excluded and why is relevant to this thread for obvious reasons.


Okay, so basically you made an attempt to bait a arguably on topic debate concerning the invitees, or more specifically, why IdrA has not yet recieved an invite (for all we know). TB choose to overlook your post/not swallow the bait, and in response you go off topic. Smooth move.

Fun fact: out of your seven post, at least six revolves around TB. From what I can tell, you visit TL.net just to discuss TotalBiscuit. Interesting!



Its not really that interesting, I used to be happy just reading for many years, but I find the immature drama surrounding a particular individual who isn't even a player or major figure in the world of SC2 esports (in my opinion) to be something which constantly drives me to make comment.

That comment being, I think the ego from individuals takes focus away from the game.

If that interests you, there you have it. Glad to shed some light.

I can't agree its offtopic, given the ego/drama/arguments involved are directly responsible for an invitee being excluded from the event. I'm sure some would like to see it not discussed, particularly me I think if you've read my previous posts, but I'd rather it was not discussed AFTER it was solved instead of sweeping it under the carpet now as "offtopic" or taboo.

Thank you for your interest though.
Jonneh
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom67 Posts
July 19 2011 14:56 GMT
#312
On July 19 2011 23:46 Fluffboll wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2011 23:26 Jonneh wrote:
On July 19 2011 04:21 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On July 18 2011 20:28 Jonneh wrote:
I'm pretty sure TB is one of the most angry and rude people I've ever seen. He frequently insults his own fanbois/viewers in very public ways. Check his twitter, I'm sure you'll see what I'm talking about. I'm also pretty sure that his response to idra's criticism wasn't to just take the high road as he seems to be now, he responded by telling idra he is a terrible caster and made several posts here on TL and directly on twitter attacking him in that regard so.... yeah.


I'd ask as politely as possible that you take this drama elsewhere please. This is a positive thread for an upcoming tournament. If you have nothing relevant to say in relation to it, I'd suggest that your commentary is off topic and as such, does not belong here.


Kinda ironic to post this request given that the drama of which you refer is directly your own making. Rather like the dog with tin cans tied to its tale, I'm afraid its doomed to be entirely pointless, but follow you around making noise everywhere you go.

Perhaps you'd like to read my earlier post and respond to my request that you resolve the matter by stopping this tit-for-tat session with "anyone who criticizes you" and instead bury the hatchet and stop being so angry and ireful at the world?

You may enjoy the post, I promise.

Until then, since you're not honouring my request I see no reason to honour yours. The discussion regarding the invitees, who is excluded and why is relevant to this thread for obvious reasons.


Who is excluded and why is completely irrelevant to anything here since this is an invitational tournament. There doesn't even have to be a reason to exclude someone and it's still fine since who gets an invite or not is up to the organizers.

And please take your negative attitude and trolling someplace else, this is a thread about who IS in the tournament and the general excitement a lot of people feel towards the tournament at large.


I don't really see my attitude as negative, I don't believe I've said anything which is anything beyond factual except that which I have labelled as my own personal opinion. As for trolling, I'm sure if the TL moderators believe my posts to be too offtopic or trolly, they will warn me and/or remove them. Until then, I do intend to keep discussing the matter because I believe in the public interest. The fact that a player is excluded from this tournament, a player I and I'm sure many others enjoy to watch, is the most on-topic thing I could imagine.

The fact that it is the result of personal drama between two adults on the internet really isn't anything to do with me. My only comment on the matter is to say that I am unhappy with the situation as a viewer, supporter of esports, etc. Suggesting how it could be resolved is as constructive as I can be.
turamn
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1374 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-19 15:03:02
July 19 2011 14:58 GMT
#313
On July 19 2011 23:51 Jonneh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2011 23:46 Nifel wrote:
On July 19 2011 23:26 Jonneh wrote:
On July 19 2011 04:21 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On July 18 2011 20:28 Jonneh wrote:
I'm pretty sure TB is one of the most angry and rude people I've ever seen. He frequently insults his own fanbois/viewers in very public ways. Check his twitter, I'm sure you'll see what I'm talking about. I'm also pretty sure that his response to idra's criticism wasn't to just take the high road as he seems to be now, he responded by telling idra he is a terrible caster and made several posts here on TL and directly on twitter attacking him in that regard so.... yeah.


I'd ask as politely as possible that you take this drama elsewhere please. This is a positive thread for an upcoming tournament. If you have nothing relevant to say in relation to it, I'd suggest that your commentary is off topic and as such, does not belong here.


Kinda ironic to post this request given that the drama of which you refer is directly your own making. Rather like the dog with tin cans tied to its tale, I'm afraid its doomed to be entirely pointless, but follow you around making noise everywhere you go.

Perhaps you'd like to read my earlier post and respond to my request that you resolve the matter by stopping this tit-for-tat session with "anyone who criticizes you" and instead bury the hatchet and stop being so angry and ireful at the world?

You may enjoy the post, I promise.

Until then, since you're not honouring my request I see no reason to honour yours. The discussion regarding the invitees, who is excluded and why is relevant to this thread for obvious reasons.


Okay, so basically you made an attempt to bait a arguably on topic debate concerning the invitees, or more specifically, why IdrA has not yet recieved an invite (for all we know). TB choose to overlook your post/not swallow the bait, and in response you go off topic. Smooth move.

Fun fact: out of your seven post, at least six revolves around TB. From what I can tell, you visit TL.net just to discuss TotalBiscuit. Interesting!



Its not really that interesting, I used to be happy just reading for many years, but I find the immature drama surrounding a particular individual who isn't even a player or major figure in the world of SC2 esports (in my opinion) to be something which constantly drives me to make comment.

That comment being, I think the ego from individuals takes focus away from the game.

If that interests you, there you have it. Glad to shed some light.

I can't agree its offtopic, given the ego/drama/arguments involved are directly responsible for an invitee being excluded from the event. I'm sure some would like to see it not discussed, particularly me I think if you've read my previous posts, but I'd rather it was not discussed AFTER it was solved instead of sweeping it under the carpet now as "offtopic" or taboo.

Thank you for your interest though.


And yet, here you are, stirring the pot. Please, return to whatever cave or bridge you crawled out of.

If you can't accept that a PERSONALITY adds an interesting dimension to the game, whether it be idrA's, TB's, Cruncher's, Incontrol, then you may need to re-evaluate the situation. Anyone can sit in front of the game, watch it, and regurgitate statistics about it given that they know enough about the game. It's things like personality that make the casting / games more interesting.

You're also assuming idrA would even accept the invite. As we've seen from him, he's not particularly a big man, himself. If it's not ok for TB to come out and critcize him, is it okay for idrA to criticize Cruncher while he's losing in an EG Master's cup match because they have a personal vendetta? It seems like there's a bit of a double standard being applied here.
Fluffboll
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden516 Posts
July 19 2011 15:01 GMT
#314
On July 19 2011 23:56 Jonneh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2011 23:46 Fluffboll wrote:
On July 19 2011 23:26 Jonneh wrote:
On July 19 2011 04:21 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On July 18 2011 20:28 Jonneh wrote:
I'm pretty sure TB is one of the most angry and rude people I've ever seen. He frequently insults his own fanbois/viewers in very public ways. Check his twitter, I'm sure you'll see what I'm talking about. I'm also pretty sure that his response to idra's criticism wasn't to just take the high road as he seems to be now, he responded by telling idra he is a terrible caster and made several posts here on TL and directly on twitter attacking him in that regard so.... yeah.


I'd ask as politely as possible that you take this drama elsewhere please. This is a positive thread for an upcoming tournament. If you have nothing relevant to say in relation to it, I'd suggest that your commentary is off topic and as such, does not belong here.


Kinda ironic to post this request given that the drama of which you refer is directly your own making. Rather like the dog with tin cans tied to its tale, I'm afraid its doomed to be entirely pointless, but follow you around making noise everywhere you go.

Perhaps you'd like to read my earlier post and respond to my request that you resolve the matter by stopping this tit-for-tat session with "anyone who criticizes you" and instead bury the hatchet and stop being so angry and ireful at the world?

You may enjoy the post, I promise.

Until then, since you're not honouring my request I see no reason to honour yours. The discussion regarding the invitees, who is excluded and why is relevant to this thread for obvious reasons.


Who is excluded and why is completely irrelevant to anything here since this is an invitational tournament. There doesn't even have to be a reason to exclude someone and it's still fine since who gets an invite or not is up to the organizers.

And please take your negative attitude and trolling someplace else, this is a thread about who IS in the tournament and the general excitement a lot of people feel towards the tournament at large.


I don't really see my attitude as negative, I don't believe I've said anything which is anything beyond factual except that which I have labelled as my own personal opinion. As for trolling, I'm sure if the TL moderators believe my posts to be too offtopic or trolly, they will warn me and/or remove them. Until then, I do intend to keep discussing the matter because I believe in the public interest. The fact that a player is excluded from this tournament, a player I and I'm sure many others enjoy to watch, is the most on-topic thing I could imagine.

The fact that it is the result of personal drama between two adults on the internet really isn't anything to do with me. My only comment on the matter is to say that I am unhappy with the situation as a viewer, supporter of esports, etc. Suggesting how it could be resolved is as constructive as I can be.



Please, don't act so dumb. This is an Invitational tournament, INVITATIONAL, meaning no one has a right to be in it, who is and who is not is completely up to the Organizers (in this case TB and probably his wife).
They don't have to give any reason as for why any specific player is not in the tournament and you trying to insist that they must or that they must invite someone they don't want to is stupid and irrelevant to the topic, it is just you thinking you can decide what other people can and can not do.

Again you clearly have no interest in the tournament other then arguing about why a player is not in it so please leave the topic.
You need to construct additional pylons.
Jonneh
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom67 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-19 15:08:00
July 19 2011 15:06 GMT
#315
On July 19 2011 23:58 turamn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2011 23:51 Jonneh wrote:
On July 19 2011 23:46 Nifel wrote:
On July 19 2011 23:26 Jonneh wrote:
On July 19 2011 04:21 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On July 18 2011 20:28 Jonneh wrote:
I'm pretty sure TB is one of the most angry and rude people I've ever seen. He frequently insults his own fanbois/viewers in very public ways. Check his twitter, I'm sure you'll see what I'm talking about. I'm also pretty sure that his response to idra's criticism wasn't to just take the high road as he seems to be now, he responded by telling idra he is a terrible caster and made several posts here on TL and directly on twitter attacking him in that regard so.... yeah.


I'd ask as politely as possible that you take this drama elsewhere please. This is a positive thread for an upcoming tournament. If you have nothing relevant to say in relation to it, I'd suggest that your commentary is off topic and as such, does not belong here.


Kinda ironic to post this request given that the drama of which you refer is directly your own making. Rather like the dog with tin cans tied to its tale, I'm afraid its doomed to be entirely pointless, but follow you around making noise everywhere you go.

Perhaps you'd like to read my earlier post and respond to my request that you resolve the matter by stopping this tit-for-tat session with "anyone who criticizes you" and instead bury the hatchet and stop being so angry and ireful at the world?

You may enjoy the post, I promise.

Until then, since you're not honouring my request I see no reason to honour yours. The discussion regarding the invitees, who is excluded and why is relevant to this thread for obvious reasons.


Okay, so basically you made an attempt to bait a arguably on topic debate concerning the invitees, or more specifically, why IdrA has not yet recieved an invite (for all we know). TB choose to overlook your post/not swallow the bait, and in response you go off topic. Smooth move.

Fun fact: out of your seven post, at least six revolves around TB. From what I can tell, you visit TL.net just to discuss TotalBiscuit. Interesting!



Its not really that interesting, I used to be happy just reading for many years, but I find the immature drama surrounding a particular individual who isn't even a player or major figure in the world of SC2 esports (in my opinion) to be something which constantly drives me to make comment.

That comment being, I think the ego from individuals takes focus away from the game.

If that interests you, there you have it. Glad to shed some light.

I can't agree its offtopic, given the ego/drama/arguments involved are directly responsible for an invitee being excluded from the event. I'm sure some would like to see it not discussed, particularly me I think if you've read my previous posts, but I'd rather it was not discussed AFTER it was solved instead of sweeping it under the carpet now as "offtopic" or taboo.

Thank you for your interest though.


And yet, here you are, stirring the pot. Please, return to whatever cave or bridge you crawled out of.

If you can't accept that a PERSONALITY adds an interesting dimension to the game, whether it be idrA's, TB's, Cruncher's, Incontrol, then you may need to re-evaluate the situation. Anyone can sit in front of the game, watch it, and regurgitate statistics about it given that they know enough about the game. It's things like personality that make the casting / games more interesting.


Well, moving past your personal attacks against me, I agree that I enjoy player rivalry. That does add something to the game. "Rivalry" can't really be applies to a caster/commentator and a player though can it? How are they rivals? Its the same game, but they hardly face off against one another in a way which benefits the sport. Far from it, it has lead to idra being excluded from any possible invitation to this tournament. I believe it diminishes the tournament to know that idra wont be invited.

As a small note I'd probably like to tell you that telling someone with a low post count to go away is pretty self defeating unless you're just hoping that SC2 wont grow as a community. I'm quite within my rights to have an opinion and to post it, just as you are to disagree with it. The difference is I can do so without being insulting or rude.
Zhero99
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands5 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-19 15:07:23
July 19 2011 15:06 GMT
#316
The fact that a player is excluded from this tournament, a player I and I'm sure many others enjoy to watch, is the most on-topic thing I could imagine.


And many many more are excluded. Undoubtly players people want to see participate. Why would you want to discuss all of them here? Some get invited, thousands don´t. Going to be a long long thread if he had to explain all the non invites.

Looking forward to this, will be on the pc this weekend!
Wasting time is awesome
henreiman
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States407 Posts
July 19 2011 15:10 GMT
#317
Soooo sick but I'll be gone when this happens =( Thanks! for putting so much back into the community. Truly amazing =D
Jonneh
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom67 Posts
July 19 2011 15:11 GMT
#318
On July 20 2011 00:01 Fluffboll wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2011 23:56 Jonneh wrote:
On July 19 2011 23:46 Fluffboll wrote:
On July 19 2011 23:26 Jonneh wrote:
On July 19 2011 04:21 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On July 18 2011 20:28 Jonneh wrote:
I'm pretty sure TB is one of the most angry and rude people I've ever seen. He frequently insults his own fanbois/viewers in very public ways. Check his twitter, I'm sure you'll see what I'm talking about. I'm also pretty sure that his response to idra's criticism wasn't to just take the high road as he seems to be now, he responded by telling idra he is a terrible caster and made several posts here on TL and directly on twitter attacking him in that regard so.... yeah.


I'd ask as politely as possible that you take this drama elsewhere please. This is a positive thread for an upcoming tournament. If you have nothing relevant to say in relation to it, I'd suggest that your commentary is off topic and as such, does not belong here.


Kinda ironic to post this request given that the drama of which you refer is directly your own making. Rather like the dog with tin cans tied to its tale, I'm afraid its doomed to be entirely pointless, but follow you around making noise everywhere you go.

Perhaps you'd like to read my earlier post and respond to my request that you resolve the matter by stopping this tit-for-tat session with "anyone who criticizes you" and instead bury the hatchet and stop being so angry and ireful at the world?

You may enjoy the post, I promise.

Until then, since you're not honouring my request I see no reason to honour yours. The discussion regarding the invitees, who is excluded and why is relevant to this thread for obvious reasons.


Who is excluded and why is completely irrelevant to anything here since this is an invitational tournament. There doesn't even have to be a reason to exclude someone and it's still fine since who gets an invite or not is up to the organizers.

And please take your negative attitude and trolling someplace else, this is a thread about who IS in the tournament and the general excitement a lot of people feel towards the tournament at large.


I don't really see my attitude as negative, I don't believe I've said anything which is anything beyond factual except that which I have labelled as my own personal opinion. As for trolling, I'm sure if the TL moderators believe my posts to be too offtopic or trolly, they will warn me and/or remove them. Until then, I do intend to keep discussing the matter because I believe in the public interest. The fact that a player is excluded from this tournament, a player I and I'm sure many others enjoy to watch, is the most on-topic thing I could imagine.

The fact that it is the result of personal drama between two adults on the internet really isn't anything to do with me. My only comment on the matter is to say that I am unhappy with the situation as a viewer, supporter of esports, etc. Suggesting how it could be resolved is as constructive as I can be.



Please, don't act so dumb. This is an Invitational tournament, INVITATIONAL, meaning no one has a right to be in it, who is and who is not is completely up to the Organizers (in this case TB and probably his wife).
They don't have to give any reason as for why any specific player is not in the tournament and you trying to insist that they must or that they must invite someone they don't want to is stupid and irrelevant to the topic, it is just you thinking you can decide what other people can and can not do.

Again you clearly have no interest in the tournament other then arguing about why a player is not in it so please leave the topic.


I assure you, I'm not "acting dumb". I understand that players need to be invited, but do you understand that it is common knowledge that idra was excluded for personal reasons? Seems to be you're the one who is conveniently excluding information here, where as I am confronting the issue and stating my displeasure with it.

While I'm sure many other players will not be invited, its not quite the same situation with idra though given the statements that have already been made. Sticking your head in the sand and hoping the whole thing will blow over or go away may be a good attitude for you, but I find it much more constructive to ask these difficult questions and discuss why the issue diminishes this event for me as a viewer.
nam nam
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden4672 Posts
July 19 2011 15:15 GMT
#319
On July 20 2011 00:11 Jonneh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2011 00:01 Fluffboll wrote:
On July 19 2011 23:56 Jonneh wrote:
On July 19 2011 23:46 Fluffboll wrote:
On July 19 2011 23:26 Jonneh wrote:
On July 19 2011 04:21 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On July 18 2011 20:28 Jonneh wrote:
I'm pretty sure TB is one of the most angry and rude people I've ever seen. He frequently insults his own fanbois/viewers in very public ways. Check his twitter, I'm sure you'll see what I'm talking about. I'm also pretty sure that his response to idra's criticism wasn't to just take the high road as he seems to be now, he responded by telling idra he is a terrible caster and made several posts here on TL and directly on twitter attacking him in that regard so.... yeah.


I'd ask as politely as possible that you take this drama elsewhere please. This is a positive thread for an upcoming tournament. If you have nothing relevant to say in relation to it, I'd suggest that your commentary is off topic and as such, does not belong here.


Kinda ironic to post this request given that the drama of which you refer is directly your own making. Rather like the dog with tin cans tied to its tale, I'm afraid its doomed to be entirely pointless, but follow you around making noise everywhere you go.

Perhaps you'd like to read my earlier post and respond to my request that you resolve the matter by stopping this tit-for-tat session with "anyone who criticizes you" and instead bury the hatchet and stop being so angry and ireful at the world?

You may enjoy the post, I promise.

Until then, since you're not honouring my request I see no reason to honour yours. The discussion regarding the invitees, who is excluded and why is relevant to this thread for obvious reasons.


Who is excluded and why is completely irrelevant to anything here since this is an invitational tournament. There doesn't even have to be a reason to exclude someone and it's still fine since who gets an invite or not is up to the organizers.

And please take your negative attitude and trolling someplace else, this is a thread about who IS in the tournament and the general excitement a lot of people feel towards the tournament at large.


I don't really see my attitude as negative, I don't believe I've said anything which is anything beyond factual except that which I have labelled as my own personal opinion. As for trolling, I'm sure if the TL moderators believe my posts to be too offtopic or trolly, they will warn me and/or remove them. Until then, I do intend to keep discussing the matter because I believe in the public interest. The fact that a player is excluded from this tournament, a player I and I'm sure many others enjoy to watch, is the most on-topic thing I could imagine.

The fact that it is the result of personal drama between two adults on the internet really isn't anything to do with me. My only comment on the matter is to say that I am unhappy with the situation as a viewer, supporter of esports, etc. Suggesting how it could be resolved is as constructive as I can be.



Please, don't act so dumb. This is an Invitational tournament, INVITATIONAL, meaning no one has a right to be in it, who is and who is not is completely up to the Organizers (in this case TB and probably his wife).
They don't have to give any reason as for why any specific player is not in the tournament and you trying to insist that they must or that they must invite someone they don't want to is stupid and irrelevant to the topic, it is just you thinking you can decide what other people can and can not do.

Again you clearly have no interest in the tournament other then arguing about why a player is not in it so please leave the topic.


I assure you, I'm not "acting dumb". I understand that players need to be invited, but do you understand that it is common knowledge that idra was excluded for personal reasons? Seems to be you're the one who is conveniently excluding information here, where as I am confronting the issue and stating my displeasure with it.

While I'm sure many other players will not be invited, its not quite the same situation with idra though given the statements that have already been made. Sticking your head in the sand and hoping the whole thing will blow over or go away may be a good attitude for you, but I find it much more constructive to ask these difficult questions and discuss why the issue diminishes this event for me as a viewer.


It's common knowledge that a player hasn't been invited to a tournament that hasn't announced half of it's players yet? Do you know he would even accept?

Idra's got plenty of invitations anyway, I don't see why you have to make a fool out of yourself in this thread for such a non issue.
Nifel
Profile Joined June 2010
706 Posts
July 19 2011 15:19 GMT
#320
On July 19 2011 23:51 Jonneh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2011 23:46 Nifel wrote:
On July 19 2011 23:26 Jonneh wrote:
On July 19 2011 04:21 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On July 18 2011 20:28 Jonneh wrote:
I'm pretty sure TB is one of the most angry and rude people I've ever seen. He frequently insults his own fanbois/viewers in very public ways. Check his twitter, I'm sure you'll see what I'm talking about. I'm also pretty sure that his response to idra's criticism wasn't to just take the high road as he seems to be now, he responded by telling idra he is a terrible caster and made several posts here on TL and directly on twitter attacking him in that regard so.... yeah.


I'd ask as politely as possible that you take this drama elsewhere please. This is a positive thread for an upcoming tournament. If you have nothing relevant to say in relation to it, I'd suggest that your commentary is off topic and as such, does not belong here.


Kinda ironic to post this request given that the drama of which you refer is directly your own making. Rather like the dog with tin cans tied to its tale, I'm afraid its doomed to be entirely pointless, but follow you around making noise everywhere you go.

Perhaps you'd like to read my earlier post and respond to my request that you resolve the matter by stopping this tit-for-tat session with "anyone who criticizes you" and instead bury the hatchet and stop being so angry and ireful at the world?

You may enjoy the post, I promise.

Until then, since you're not honouring my request I see no reason to honour yours. The discussion regarding the invitees, who is excluded and why is relevant to this thread for obvious reasons.


Okay, so basically you made an attempt to bait a arguably on topic debate concerning the invitees, or more specifically, why IdrA has not yet recieved an invite (for all we know). TB choose to overlook your post/not swallow the bait, and in response you go off topic. Smooth move.

Fun fact: out of your seven post, at least six revolves around TB. From what I can tell, you visit TL.net just to discuss TotalBiscuit. Interesting!



Its not really that interesting, I used to be happy just reading for many years, but I find the immature drama surrounding a particular individual who isn't even a player or major figure in the world of SC2 esports (in my opinion) to be something which constantly drives me to make comment.

That comment being, I think the ego from individuals takes focus away from the game.

If that interests you, there you have it. Glad to shed some light.

I can't agree its offtopic, given the ego/drama/arguments involved are directly responsible for an invitee being excluded from the event. I'm sure some would like to see it not discussed, particularly me I think if you've read my previous posts, but I'd rather it was not discussed AFTER it was solved instead of sweeping it under the carpet now as "offtopic" or taboo.

Thank you for your interest though.


Thank you for the elaborate response. Though, I must say that I find it slightly surprising that you've chosen to stay out of the community and the discussions during your many years here on TL.net. Especially considering there are several individuals who, over the years, have stirred up equal if not greater drama! I can imagine a person with interests and opinions such as yours must have been tempted to partake in the discussions. I guess you've got especially strong opinions about TotalBiscuit and his work.

Anyway, now when you're a posting member of the community, let me take this chance to welcome you to TL.net!

Also, I must say I'm really happy with TB's choice of co-caster. dApollo is an excellent choice and complements TB very well. While he was great already back at the i42 (or was it the i41?) I feel he's improved a lot since then.


Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 111 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1118
ComeBackTV 360
SteadfastSC318
TaKeTV 286
LamboSC2245
Rex113
IndyStarCraft 75
EnkiAlexander 40
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy25
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 318
LamboSC2 245
ProTech139
Rex 113
IndyStarCraft 75
BRAT_OK 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 39931
Shuttle 2713
Horang2 884
Bisu 882
Mini 734
Jaedong 732
EffOrt 656
Light 518
Soma 397
Hyuk 344
[ Show more ]
BeSt 332
firebathero 322
Stork 273
Snow 192
ZerO 164
Zeus 154
Rush 153
ggaemo 140
Last 93
Leta 86
Pusan 75
Killer 70
sorry 67
hero 65
Sea.KH 58
Sharp 49
Mong 39
Mind 38
Shinee 29
soO 28
Aegong 26
ToSsGirL 25
Shine 24
Trap 23
Bale 23
Free 22
Sexy 21
NotJumperer 20
Terrorterran 19
Yoon 18
HiyA 16
JulyZerg 10
Icarus 9
Sacsri 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Noble 6
zelot 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7514
qojqva1576
Dendi922
Fuzer 141
420jenkins92
Counter-Strike
markeloff146
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2259
crisheroes1109
XaKoH 179
Other Games
gofns33496
singsing2307
olofmeister1229
B2W.Neo1054
Mlord266
DeMusliM201
Hui .154
Liquid`VortiX130
ArmadaUGS119
Mew2King111
QueenE90
ToD22
Chillindude19
ZerO(Twitch)15
Railgan11
fpsfer 1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream122
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1849
League of Legends
• Jankos2268
• Nemesis1852
• TFBlade790
Other Games
• WagamamaTV165
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 23m
Stellar Fest
23h 23m
OSC
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 20h
Online Event
1d 21h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.