• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:34
CEST 00:34
KST 07:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8918 users

[G] PvT Cheese: 4 Gate Blink/Obs All-In - Page 3

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Sated
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
England4983 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-25 10:43:12
November 25 2012 10:36 GMT
#41
--- Nuked ---
Patate
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada441 Posts
November 25 2012 10:46 GMT
#42
Wait until HoTS where the MSC will help you blink up the ramps and it will be way more viable.
Dead game.
Sated
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
England4983 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-25 10:58:07
November 25 2012 10:50 GMT
#43
--- Nuked ---
Geiko
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France2036 Posts
December 07 2012 13:21 GMT
#44
Good guide, I use this build all the time with great success against high master / GM players.

The guide however could be much more in-depth, mainly:

  • Playing against 1-1-1 or factory types of build, if you know what you're doing you can outplay your opponent (far expansions, dts, base race etc.)
  • how to play if your opponent reacts correctly (lift natural and defend ramp or good scv pull), expo timing and follow ups.
  • maybe add build orders from other pros (MC 13 gate scouts and places twilight and robo simultaneously for example), I personally have an extremely tight build order where I don't scout and rely on SCV scout timings to guess if I'm being all-ined.
  • add some benchmarks (how many stalkers at his base when blink finishes ? and at what time ?)
  • link some pro vods


With all of this added I feel this guide could maybe become part of the recommended threads
geiko.813 (EU)
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
December 07 2012 13:47 GMT
#45
On December 07 2012 22:21 Geiko wrote:
Good guide, I use this build all the time with great success against high master / GM players.

The guide however could be much more in-depth, mainly:

  • Playing against 1-1-1 or factory types of build, if you know what you're doing you can outplay your opponent (far expansions, dts, base race etc.)
  • how to play if your opponent reacts correctly (lift natural and defend ramp or good scv pull), expo timing and follow ups.
  • maybe add build orders from other pros (MC 13 gate scouts and places twilight and robo simultaneously for example), I personally have an extremely tight build order where I don't scout and rely on SCV scout timings to guess if I'm being all-ined.
  • add some benchmarks (how many stalkers at his base when blink finishes ? and at what time ?)
  • link some pro vods


With all of this added I feel this guide could maybe become part of the recommended threads


Yes. Those are pretty much the reasons i didn't include it in the recent update.
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
Allred
Profile Joined November 2010
United States352 Posts
December 09 2012 21:26 GMT
#46
well written guide
very similiar to this build i wrote about several months ago
PvT Blink Staler harass opening
It seems the only major difference is that i delay my attack a few seconds and drop down a nexus and turn it into a macro game instead of going all in, so if you are able to do both, could make it very tricky for the terran player to decide how to respond.
An expert is a man who tells you a simple thing in a confused way in such a fashion as to make you think the confusion is your own fault. ~William Castle
Drisc
Profile Joined June 2012
France3 Posts
December 10 2012 17:08 GMT
#47
I use 4 gate blink in Pvt again terran top master on eu server and i win easily with my blink micro :

http://www.sendspace.com/file/sjcabn
http://www.sendspace.com/file/726cvx
Master protoss in eu server
SkaPunk
Profile Joined October 2010
United States471 Posts
December 10 2012 17:54 GMT
#48
When I do this build, and I have a pretty solid winrate, I change my gasses up. instead of fully mining off 1 gas and then showing the second gas so early, which can tip your opponent off to what is coming. I take 2 gasses at 16 and mine 2 of each while the scv is in my base. That is sure to confuse the shit out of your opponent, and you get your twilight damn fast, because you can throw 2 probes in once the scv is dead.
Team Fallacy
Sated
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
England4983 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-10 18:08:31
December 10 2012 18:01 GMT
#49
--- Nuked ---
Tommyth
Profile Joined April 2012
Poland117 Posts
December 10 2012 18:28 GMT
#50
On December 07 2012 22:21 Geiko wrote:
  • Playing against 1-1-1 or factory types of build, if you know what you're doing you can outplay your opponent (far expansions, dts, base race etc.)




Well, he wrote that u need to be sure it's rax FE, going for this build against gas openings is very very risky, as it outright loses to any rax based aggresion off 1 base.

I like to delay my council a little bit and open with 3 stalker rush(just like pvp). It allows me to easily deflect marine-SCV all in, which sometimes is very difficult to scout(last position on antiga/full wall off), and the stalkers can still inflict some damage before blink finishes.
Salient
Profile Joined August 2011
United States876 Posts
December 10 2012 18:50 GMT
#51
I guess this all-in should transition into a 2 base templar game if the terran reacts properly by floating his natural cc home and turtling for stim. Is that correct?
Sated
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
England4983 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-10 19:03:01
December 10 2012 18:56 GMT
#52
--- Nuked ---
Geiko
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France2036 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-10 19:17:26
December 10 2012 19:17 GMT
#53
On December 11 2012 03:56 Sated wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 11 2012 03:28 Tommyth wrote:
On December 07 2012 22:21 Geiko wrote:
  • Playing against 1-1-1 or factory types of build, if you know what you're doing you can outplay your opponent (far expansions, dts, base race etc.)




Well, he wrote that u need to be sure it's rax FE, going for this build against gas openings is very very risky, as it outright loses to any rax based aggresion off 1 base.

I like to delay my council a little bit and open with 3 stalker rush(just like pvp). It allows me to easily deflect marine-SCV all in, which sometimes is very difficult to scout(last position on antiga/full wall off), and the stalkers can still inflict some damage before blink finishes.

You can use it against Marine/Tank/Banshee play because Blink Stalkers can beat that composition if micro'd properly, especially before Siege Mode is ready. The problem is that a good Terran won't let you see whether their gas opening is for a 2 Rax play or a Factory play, and this build really isn't that good against dedicated 2 Rax aggression. That's why I don't recommend using it against a Terran who opens with an early gas.

Show nested quote +
On December 11 2012 03:50 Salient wrote:
I guess this all-in should transition into a 2 base templar game if the terran reacts properly by floating his natural cc home and turtling for stim. Is that correct?

You have both a Twilight Council and a Robotics Facility, so it transitions into either Colossus or Templar-based play just fine. I prefer going for Colossi since they have better synergy with Blink Stalkers, to be honest, but I've seen both follow-ups being used in the pro scene.

EDIT:

From the Protoss Help Me Thread:

Show nested quote +
On October 04 2012 07:42 hellokittySC2 wrote:
On October 03 2012 08:07 Sated wrote:
I've recently been using a PvT Blink Stalker all-in that I saw HelloKitty using on his stream: http://drop.sc/260854

The build is incredibly greedy given how quickly it rushes for Blink and an Observer and that's perfectly fine vs. most Terran strategies... I'm just worried about what I'd do if I saw a group of Marines and Marauders moving across the map before my Warpgates are ready. Should I just accept the coin-flip when using this build..? I'll probably only be using it on Shakuras Plateau anyway seeing as I have Antiga Shipyard vetoed.

This build usually works well when you scout 1 rax cc or cc1st


2 rax FE usually doesn't push up your main ramp once they scout that you haven't expanded because if you went for an aggressive 3 gate and they go up the ramp, they lose the game.

This build really works against any kind of terran opening that isn't marine scv allins or any kind of proxy barracks.
geiko.813 (EU)
U_G_L_Y
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States516 Posts
December 10 2012 20:30 GMT
#54
Why would you not recommend proxy twilight/robo? If I see twilight I can stop this, (3 tech labs, gg on every map but Antiga) but if it could be void ray, dts, 4 gate warp prism, regular 4 gate. Not proxying is just lazy because this build is so OP that you don't neet to hide it. Imagine if you force terran to save scans or make.a turret or 3 bunkers by 530 at the front or make nothing but marines.

User was warned for this post
Sated
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
England4983 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-10 21:19:39
December 10 2012 21:14 GMT
#55
--- Nuked ---
snively
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States1159 Posts
December 10 2012 21:52 GMT
#56
On November 10 2012 07:03 Teoita wrote:
I'm fairly sure Deezer also map hacked.


LOL theres his 80% win rate for you.

on topic: great guide i will add this to my toolbox of builds
My religion is Starcraft
U_G_L_Y
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States516 Posts
December 10 2012 22:47 GMT
#57
If the game gets to the point where Terran can leave their base and not lose, Protoss has lost. There is no transition vs 1 rax fe. If I can get units to your proxy, I will just kill you, screw the proxy.

A finals between Puma on Belshir Beach comes to mind, Puma leaves Heros stargate aline until WAY late in the game, even though he scouted it super early because he can't spare the units to kill it until after He has Hero pinned on 2 bases to his four.

I have played over 200 games against this build. What I meant to say (and it came across as a balance whine) is that you are having great success despite bad strategy. Because this all-in is so strong, you don't need to hide anything to win at the pro, or any other level. (see Hero vs Taeja dreamhack g4 on Antiga, Hero gives Taeja's SCV a tour of his base and still roflstomps without even trying to cancel the stim researching right in the middle of Taejas base) I don't really have a problem beating this at master level when I know it is coming. But when they proxy and I have less units and delayed my addons because they forced an extra bunker or a turret, THAT I can't beat without a blind counter to one of four possible strategies.

But again, I can't think of a game where I was safe to leave my base and the Protoss didnt GG before I did or I couldnt kill their main with rallying reinforcements. Planning for transition after you scout 1 rax fe is silly imo.

TLDR blink really really good, proxy blink is better.

Sated
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
England4983 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-21 01:35:08
December 10 2012 23:34 GMT
#58
--- Nuked ---
iAmJeffReY
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4262 Posts
December 11 2012 00:18 GMT
#59
On December 11 2012 07:47 U_G_L_Y wrote:
If the game gets to the point where Terran can leave their base and not lose, Protoss has lost. There is no transition vs 1 rax fe. If I can get units to your proxy, I will just kill you, screw the proxy.

A finals between Puma on Belshir Beach comes to mind, Puma leaves Heros stargate aline until WAY late in the game, even though he scouted it super early because he can't spare the units to kill it until after He has Hero pinned on 2 bases to his four.

I have played over 200 games against this build. What I meant to say (and it came across as a balance whine) is that you are having great success despite bad strategy. Because this all-in is so strong, you don't need to hide anything to win at the pro, or any other level. (see Hero vs Taeja dreamhack g4 on Antiga, Hero gives Taeja's SCV a tour of his base and still roflstomps without even trying to cancel the stim researching right in the middle of Taejas base) I don't really have a problem beating this at master level when I know it is coming. But when they proxy and I have less units and delayed my addons because they forced an extra bunker or a turret, THAT I can't beat without a blind counter to one of four possible strategies.

But again, I can't think of a game where I was safe to leave my base and the Protoss didnt GG before I did or I couldnt kill their main with rallying reinforcements. Planning for transition after you scout 1 rax fe is silly imo.

TLDR blink really really good, proxy blink is better.


...what

Wrong. They transition fine if they cut a round of stalkers and nexus. They have TC + stalkers for drop defense. Drop double forge, and get charge and defend your self with chargelot archon with blink stalkers harassing as long as possible.

When they move out to hit, FF him, target down medics and just let chargelots charge in and clear the army.

If not a DT follow up. It's not always as all in as you think.

And what... proxy what? The early 2 gas still gives it away as a tech build. Safe play is standard against 2 gas protoss that early with a skipped zeal.
Unbiased biased terran abuser Jeffrey. Sorry for the rage, friend!
U_G_L_Y
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States516 Posts
December 11 2012 05:04 GMT
#60
Sated: The best response to most 1 base builds Protoss is not to lift off. It is the best response to THIS build, on most maps.

Every Marauder you make against 3 gate voidray hurts you. Marines are terrible against blink stalkers until they get upgrades. Responding the same way to all 2 gas openings is just dumb.

Why would you evacuate your natural against a 4 gate or DT rush or immortal bust? You're telling me that the instant they see your missing pylon they just lift their natural? And that this is a good thing?

Also, I disagree that 2 rax counters this. Protoss can handle offensive 2 rax by delaying the build to get sentries and holding the watchtower, and then eventually making a warp prism instead of an observer. With a defensive 2 rax, it is about even footing.

Jeffrey: If a Protoss did enough damage with the first couple blinks that he can resume probe production and expand and research charge and storm or colossus while keeping you contained, then he should be able to just kill you without doing those things. I have gotten back into games that were lost when Protoss tried this. Not all of them, but upon watching the replays where the game went long, had they spent the money on units instead, I feel that the Protosses that expanded were just toying with me/messing around because in every case I felt they could have killed me had they spent the money differently. I am glad you have had a different experience.
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 121
ViBE83
CosmosSc2 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 585
Artosis 360
910 30
Dota 2
monkeys_forever483
League of Legends
JimRising 479
Counter-Strike
minikerr13
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS85
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5562
Liquid`Hasu1397
Other Games
summit1g7603
shahzam520
byalli379
C9.Mang0226
Trikslyr41
ZombieGrub15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream168
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 93
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki40
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 26m
Kung Fu Cup
12h 26m
Stellar Fest
14h 26m
The PondCast
1d 11h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.