• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:08
CEST 01:08
KST 08:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8737 users

[G] PvT Cheese: 4 Gate Blink/Obs All-In

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
Sated
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
England4983 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-30 03:25:29
November 09 2012 19:53 GMT
#1
--- Nuked ---
McTeazy
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada297 Posts
November 09 2012 20:18 GMT
#2
Thank you! I love this build but I always just winged the build because I hadn't found a proper build. Normally I do constant stalkers off of 1 gate which obviously slows down the timing a LOT.

Thanks!
a person is smart, people are stupid
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-09 20:33:20
November 09 2012 20:31 GMT
#3
Might want to add a VOD of MC's doing it while you are at it

http://www.gomtv.net/2012gsls3/vod/67574/?set=5&lang=

Also, this is actually doable vs a ton of Terran builds, except perhaps reactor 2 rax, and even then you might just chrono out one sentry (you just have to defend a ramp rather than a nexus anyway) or something like that and be fine.
I've seen games vs 111 in which neither side could kill each other so it just kinda went into a macro game too, assuming protoss doesn't get caught out of position by banshees or hellions in his base.
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
November 09 2012 20:35 GMT
#4
Yea I would also recommend linking to vods. MC has done it 3-4 times on Antiga. Creator did it on Antiga in the TSL.

Also, I would recommend adding replays against a variety of strategies. 1-1-1, 1 rax fe, hellion drop, 2 rax, etc...
Moderator
Salient
Profile Joined August 2011
United States876 Posts
November 09 2012 20:54 GMT
#5
It's funny how this is similar to standard play in PvP, but is considered an all in or cheese in PvT. Why is that?
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-09 20:57:56
November 09 2012 20:57 GMT
#6
Because it IS a one base all-in in PvT: Terran has mules, an expansion that will be several minutes faster than anything doable off this build, and it's harder to transition into a standard macro game than it is in PvP; generally, if you haven't dealt critical damage by the time stim is done you are most likely dead.
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
TripleOSeven
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States106 Posts
November 09 2012 20:58 GMT
#7
On November 10 2012 05:54 Salient wrote:
It's funny how this is similar to standard play in PvP, but is considered an all in or cheese in PvT. Why is that?


Because it's a one base build that usually if it fails, Protoss is too behind and loses.
MVP. Nuff said.
Surili
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom1141 Posts
November 09 2012 21:00 GMT
#8
I stole this build off of babyknight as well, and i usually pull it out in tournaments against GM players if i want to win, pretty sure i have a winning record against players much better than me with it

Gonna work on getting these numbers down properly, although i usually get a zealot first so as not to be completely fucking dead against a marauder opening, and it is good to tank the bunker while i pressure at the front waiting for my obs sometimes.
The world is ending what should we do about it?
Salient
Profile Joined August 2011
United States876 Posts
November 09 2012 21:02 GMT
#9
So blink obs is not cheesey in PvP because 1 base builds are very strong and guaranteed to do some damage?
ian952
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada124 Posts
November 09 2012 21:09 GMT
#10
How do you hold a hellion drop with blink stalker all in? I feel that if the terran player is good, the medivac can always be a threat and I have to leave 2 stalkers at my base.
...
city42
Profile Joined October 2007
1656 Posts
November 09 2012 21:10 GMT
#11
I don't understand why you get a fourth gateway. With 16 probes on minerals you can barely support 3 gate stalkers + pylons, and that's before considering chronoboost. The 4 gate variations of this all-in involve more probes (Genius gets 29 I believe).
Chandra
Profile Joined July 2011
United States123 Posts
November 09 2012 21:25 GMT
#12
On November 10 2012 06:10 city42 wrote:
I don't understand why you get a fourth gateway. With 16 probes on minerals you can barely support 3 gate stalkers + pylons, and that's before considering chronoboost. The 4 gate variations of this all-in involve more probes (Genius gets 29 I believe).

Yeah, I think with this build some extra probes are required to optimally support 4 gates. I copied MC's version of this build a while ago and he usually goes up to 27 probes. Even if you're late on warp cycles and your minerals pile up a bit the extra probes are helpful anyway if you want to expand and transition into a macro game.
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-09 21:36:54
November 09 2012 21:36 GMT
#13
On November 10 2012 06:02 Salient wrote:
So blink obs is not cheesey in PvP because 1 base builds are very strong and guaranteed to do some damage?


It is not cheesy in PvP because 1) if played perfectly it can beat any build and 2) it doesn't fall behind economically nearly as much as it does in PvT.

Also i agree on the probe count, i'd get like 20ish on minerals.
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
ishyishy
Profile Joined February 2011
United States826 Posts
November 09 2012 21:59 GMT
#14
This is a good build, but I find it to be a little too difficult to execute properly (as good builds usually are). However, I used to do a 4 gate robo with a warp prism build that hits around 6:30ish or so, a little bit slower than a traditional 4 gate, and it only requires 1 gas, and you warp in their main.

You make 3 units, proxy the robo, make 3 more gates, make a warp prism, load the 3 units into warp prism, drop in their main and warp in.

Terrans have been doing gas builds instead of 1 rax expands, so I dont really do this build anymore, but it worked really well when every single terran was taking greedy expansions.

Rickyvalle21
Profile Joined July 2012
United States320 Posts
November 09 2012 22:02 GMT
#15
Deezer did this alot on maps that were doable for them and had like a 80% win rate. Maybe thats how his pvt maintained in gm when he couldnt streamsnipe.
people say practice is perfect but if nothing is perfect whats the point in practicing?
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
November 09 2012 22:03 GMT
#16
I'm fairly sure Deezer also map hacked.
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
alpenrahm
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany629 Posts
November 09 2012 22:58 GMT
#17
I stole this build off of babyknight as well, and i usually pull it out in tournaments against GM players if i want to win, pretty sure i have a winning record against players much better than me with it

Gonna work on getting these numbers down properly, although i usually get a zealot first so as not to be completely fucking dead against a marauder opening, and it is good to tank the bunker while i pressure at the front waiting for my obs sometimes


dude i played you, and this build, in some playhem on antiga. this stupid blink allin is a bitch to deal with if you get your scouting scv denied. as an interesting side note; you can almost completely shut down this build if you open up with an early shell opener into expo and manage to snipe the first stalker / force the scout in via concussive agression. the only problem being that you will not be able to win 1rine2mara vs 2stalker+zeal where as you will have free reign over your opponents natural if he skips the first zealot and goes for double stalker immediatly. in any case it comes down to when you realize the all in is hitting. if you know its coming one or 2 minutes before it hits you can easily get enought bunkers up and add some rax production to just camp it out until your stim finishes but if you dont get the early intel that will mostlikey mean gg right there.
iAmJeffReY
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4262 Posts
November 09 2012 23:30 GMT
#18
I don't seem to have as much trouble identifying this build, as on those few maps (ohana, shakuras, cloud, antiga) if I don't see a 1 gate FE I expect this and tuck my barracks back further into my base. Losing stim is losing the game, in my experience.

I actually on these maps I expect this opening, do a 15 gas opening, to get stim earlier than expected than 1 rax FE would get it.

Still, a bitch of a build even when you know it's coming, and bunker your main, and expo, and protoss still do damage.
Unbiased biased terran abuser Jeffrey. Sorry for the rage, friend!
ian952
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada124 Posts
November 09 2012 23:42 GMT
#19
On November 10 2012 08:30 iAmJeffReY wrote:
I don't seem to have as much trouble identifying this build, as on those few maps (ohana, shakuras, cloud, antiga) if I don't see a 1 gate FE I expect this and tuck my barracks back further into my base. Losing stim is losing the game, in my experience.

I actually on these maps I expect this opening, do a 15 gas opening, to get stim earlier than expected than 1 rax FE would get it.

Still, a bitch of a build even when you know it's coming, and bunker your main, and expo, and protoss still do damage.


This build is really strong, no matter how hard you prepare for it, you can still lose.
...
iAmJeffReY
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4262 Posts
November 10 2012 00:36 GMT
#20
On November 10 2012 08:42 ian952 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2012 08:30 iAmJeffReY wrote:
I don't seem to have as much trouble identifying this build, as on those few maps (ohana, shakuras, cloud, antiga) if I don't see a 1 gate FE I expect this and tuck my barracks back further into my base. Losing stim is losing the game, in my experience.

I actually on these maps I expect this opening, do a 15 gas opening, to get stim earlier than expected than 1 rax FE would get it.

Still, a bitch of a build even when you know it's coming, and bunker your main, and expo, and protoss still do damage.


This build is really strong, no matter how hard you prepare for it, you can still lose.

Thank you for reiterating what I already said in the last line. Excellent input. I'd like to think that at the decent level I play at, that I would know that. I lose to about everything I know is coming.
Unbiased biased terran abuser Jeffrey. Sorry for the rage, friend!
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE116
CosmosSc2 33
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 592
Artosis 535
910 32
Dota 2
monkeys_forever579
League of Legends
JimRising 574
Counter-Strike
minikerr14
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5764
Other Games
summit1g7747
shahzam532
C9.Mang0278
ArmadaUGS88
Trikslyr42
ZombieGrub24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick425
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream167
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 140
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen338
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
52m
Kung Fu Cup
11h 52m
Stellar Fest
13h 52m
The PondCast
1d 10h
OSC
1d 13h
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.