• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:36
CEST 23:36
KST 06:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11414 users

[G] TheCore - Advanced Keyboard Layout - Page 429

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 427 428 429 430 431 432 Next
Hadaril
Profile Joined March 2018
1 Post
Last Edited: 2018-03-15 19:36:43
March 15 2018 19:35 GMT
#8561
Sorry if this has already been asked, but are there:

A) Any plans on creating "small" and "large" versions of the core 4.0?
B) If not, are there any links to the old 3.0 versions around? Found them

Thanks for the awesome work guys, keep it up.
Rodrix
Profile Joined September 2011
Spain1 Post
March 24 2018 03:33 GMT
#8562
On March 16 2018 04:35 Hadaril wrote:
Sorry if this has already been asked, but are there:

A) Any plans on creating "small" and "large" versions of the core 4.0?
B) If not, are there any links to the old 3.0 versions around? Found them

Thanks for the awesome work guys, keep it up.


Where did you find it? I need it
nori-chan
Profile Joined March 2018
1 Post
March 24 2018 22:42 GMT
#8563
On March 08 2018 21:37 Sm1les wrote:
Hi
I am having a strange problem with suto hot key where I bund my options key I guess it is on to my RShift and so on and for some reason in game when I press the options and the shift key four times in a row it stops excepting key board inputs until I press them again. I tried simulating it outside of game using just control and shift and I does not happen unless auto hot key is active. her's my script for auto hotkey. If i do it five times it goes into all shift so I think maybe auto hotkey has some kind of internal sticky keys maybe I have made sure to completely disable my sticky keys in windows.

#NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.
#IfWinActive ahk_exe SC2_x64.exe
RShift::RCtrl
RCtrl::Alt
AppsKey::RShift



Hey, the solution is to add the following to your script

#MaxHotkeysPerInterval 1000000

The number is arbitrary, all that matters is it is pretty big. Hope it helps.
NorwegianRage
Profile Joined March 2010
United States71 Posts
April 07 2018 16:24 GMT
#8564
Is there a guide for how to rapidfire injects and things on 4.0+?
bobo38
Profile Joined February 2016
France220 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-04-08 06:58:31
April 08 2018 06:55 GMT
#8565
@NorwegianRage: rapidfire inject no longer works well since LoTV's stackable inject, queens start wandering super fast
Check out TheCore Lite last release:
https://github.com/bobo38/TheCoreLite/releases
proteas
Profile Joined September 2016
11 Posts
April 18 2018 11:09 GMT
#8566
Hello i wanted to ask you since i want to enter SC2 and looking to get everything sort out as possible from start just not to loose time and get bad habits.

I play as zerg should i go to The Core LIte or the original core ? The Core Lite uses the left part of the keyboard closer to the original position of the left hand on a keyboard the only disadvantage is that it uses the pinky a lot.

What is your suggestion?
werevamp
Profile Joined April 2018
1 Post
April 20 2018 05:14 GMT
#8567
Hello, I have silly question related to the + version.

Why is it suggested to remap 3 buttons instead of just moving the alt button next to control and shift?

I know the setup states this is that Control+Alt can be used but why not just use Alt+Shift instead?
bobo38
Profile Joined February 2016
France220 Posts
April 22 2018 08:16 GMT
#8568
JaK identified the Control button as the most important modifier in SC2: Control+Click acts as double click with single click, and you want to add/steal to group the whole game long, comparatively the Shift is used far less (queuing here and there, deselecting 1 single unit some times, etc…). This is the reason why the fat US QWERTY Shift is remapped to Control and Shift pushed a bit away
Check out TheCore Lite last release:
https://github.com/bobo38/TheCoreLite/releases
Fugue
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Australia253 Posts
April 25 2018 01:12 GMT
#8569
Just double checking that I'm training appropriately on this. I'm using a multi task trainer on "normal" speed with the most generous settings, giving me time to focus on getting the sequences right without stressing too much.

I'm utilising the suggested control groups and getting used to where everything is for army movement, but I haven't introduced cameras yet because that is discussed in exercise 2 when doing build orders etc.

At the moment I'm just focused on maintaining worker production, expanding when necessary, expanding production so I'm spending my money, and trying to roll over easy AI opponents while microing the probe around. I'm seeing my APM creep up slowly as I get used to the keys, but not winning consistently yet (I Max out army and then hit the mineral trigger shortly after, usually because I was already banking 1k and I don't engage quick enough).

But I'm not using camera groups at all. Should I be incorporating those now and getting used to having them as part of my rhythm? It's already tricky to keep on top of everything once I have 3 bases, production, army movement and keeping proberto safe, but I'd rather get the habits right now before upping the speed to fast or faster.

I'm in no huge rush to start laddering again and I am finding the multi task challenge a great tool,even if I'm a complete scrub at it.
sil0r
Profile Joined March 2013
Germany43 Posts
May 08 2018 11:24 GMT
#8570
Hi, is there a way to access the old 3.0 spreadsheet? I used it to make changes to my version of TRM 3.0.
It was very handy for considering hotkeys for new abilities.
The early third hatches the drone
Hatzring1
Profile Joined May 2018
1 Post
May 12 2018 00:54 GMT
#8571
Loving the Core but getting super frustrated by how starcraft manages custom hotkey profiles...

For some reason, my hotkeys constantly get randomly changed. The most common change is the " ' " key gets rebound to " ` " or " # " ... this even happens during games...

The other things are inject lava will just lose its hotkey... and camera locations completely break for no reason and I have to restart the computer to fix it

Has anyone else experienced this or managed to find a solution?
bobo38
Profile Joined February 2016
France220 Posts
May 12 2018 06:26 GMT
#8572
I guess with "break for no reason", that you have really found no pattern that could be linked to fucked up custom key. Let's try and help

Do you have special keyboard layout? or are you using US QWERTY? Some Windows OS level shortcuts are conflicting with some stuff in TheCore 4.0 and require some adjustment

Are you only using "Versus" mode? are you running campaign or coop some times (those ones cause issue with TheCore, but not sure whether it could explain the camera issue)


Check out TheCore Lite last release:
https://github.com/bobo38/TheCoreLite/releases
NVA5IX
Profile Joined May 2018
1 Post
Last Edited: 2018-05-23 01:50:17
May 19 2018 10:11 GMT
#8573
Sanguine-Penguin
Profile Joined May 2018
United States1 Post
May 29 2018 15:06 GMT
#8574
Hi! I won't bore you with too many of my personal details, but I'm a somewhat new player (barely plat 3 with Zerg), and I developed a nasty F2 habit. I decided to try learning the core because I figure a good way to break some of my bad habits is to just put myself in a situation where I don't know how to do anything and then make sure I learn good habits haha.

Anyway, I'm using 4.0 right-handed on a US qwerty keyboard, and I'm wondering how I should be control grouping my queens. Specifically, I would like to know if I should use separate groups for my creep queens and my inject queens and if so which groups do you guys like to use for this? If the answer is that I should keep them all on the same control group or not have some of them on a control group, I'd additionally like some advice about how I should manage creep spread and injects. For reference, my current inject method is:

-have my inject queens on a ctrl group (the one corresponding the the '8' key)
-hit the ctrl group key ('8') and then the inject key ('J')
-hit and hold ctrl and shift
-press each of the base camera locations while clicking on each hatch as I go

I assume this is pretty standard, but also if I'm doing something wrong there I would love some criticism!

Thanks so much in advance, and also I appreciate all the time that has clearly been put into this project!
bobo38
Profile Joined February 2016
France220 Posts
May 29 2018 20:39 GMT
#8575
from what I read on https://discord.gg/Qakf2St TheCore Discord server my impression is that:
– method of choice for inject is base cam hotkey "poi;lk" with individual queen boxing inject with pinky => no inject queen usage like old method (or the one for TheCore Lite)
– queen group 8 used for creep queens only (grouped with some buildings to track tech-up? so that you use this group as a macro hotkey combining creep queen with tech check)

maybe use an safety group to call inject queens on need to defend

Join the Discord server if you want live feedback, there are many zerg players there



Check out TheCore Lite last release:
https://github.com/bobo38/TheCoreLite/releases
IcemanAsi
Profile Joined March 2011
Israel681 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-06-26 06:44:54
June 26 2018 06:35 GMT
#8576
Having an odd bug where ctrl+shif+j to go to the first camera hotspot stopped working all of a sudden, tested on two diffrent pc. Anyone else?

It seems that alt+[number character] isn't working, no matter what I set for the recall, it seems that when it go alt+[number character] is isn't creating the camera location. is there a way to check a location is set without recall to to be sure?


[ OH. MY. GOD. I found it ]

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/2226272772

If Photoshop is on, it intercepts all alt+[number key] hits. I turned off Photoshop and It's working again
o.0

bobo38
Profile Joined February 2016
France220 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-06-26 19:44:34
June 26 2018 19:44 GMT
#8577
nice catch! I wouldn't have imagine such a root cause
Check out TheCore Lite last release:
https://github.com/bobo38/TheCoreLite/releases
Sm1les
Profile Joined October 2017
7 Posts
July 18 2018 04:50 GMT
#8578
On May 30 2018 00:06 Sanguine-Penguin wrote:
Hi! I won't bore you with too many of my personal details, but I'm a somewhat new player (barely plat 3 with Zerg), and I developed a nasty F2 habit. I decided to try learning the core because I figure a good way to break some of my bad habits is to just put myself in a situation where I don't know how to do anything and then make sure I learn good habits haha.

Anyway, I'm using 4.0 right-handed on a US qwerty keyboard, and I'm wondering how I should be control grouping my queens. Specifically, I would like to know if I should use separate groups for my creep queens and my inject queens and if so which groups do you guys like to use for this? If the answer is that I should keep them all on the same control group or not have some of them on a control group, I'd additionally like some advice about how I should manage creep spread and injects. For reference, my current inject method is:

-have my inject queens on a ctrl group (the one corresponding the the '8' key)
-hit the ctrl group key ('8') and then the inject key ('J')
-hit and hold ctrl and shift
-press each of the base camera locations while clicking on each hatch as I go

I assume this is pretty standard, but also if I'm doing something wrong there I would love some criticism!

Thanks so much in advance, and also I appreciate all the time that has clearly been put into this project!

This is a completely valid solution to injecting I prefer instead of having a control group with queens, having a single queen at each base and just selecting it and injecting then moving on. This means you can safely mass chain injects without wandering queens. which can be a problem assuming you have none perfect inject timing like myself. The down side being a slightly slower inject cycle and it is harder to get all your queens together in response to a all in. Side note if you chose to adopt this style of injecting don't click on a queen but rather just make a big box its much faster and the queen is prioritized over all other units.
BuxXy
Profile Joined August 2018
1 Post
August 08 2018 18:01 GMT
#8579
On May 12 2018 09:54 Hatzring1 wrote:
Loving the Core but getting super frustrated by how starcraft manages custom hotkey profiles...

For some reason, my hotkeys constantly get randomly changed. The most common change is the " ' " key gets rebound to " ` " or " # " ... this even happens during games...

The other things are inject lava will just lose its hotkey... and camera locations completely break for no reason and I have to restart the computer to fix it

Has anyone else experienced this or managed to find a solution?


Could it be that you have several keyboard layouts enabled on your computer, which are toggled by a default windows hotkey such as ALT+SHIFT or CTRL+SHIFT? (I don't remember the original ones, I unbound them long ago).
blaze13
Profile Joined February 2014
United States24 Posts
August 12 2018 07:10 GMT
#8580
Hey, just wanted to post this in case anyone else ever has the same problem. I still use 2.0 RRM and was struggling with my camera recalls intermittently not working for ctrl+shift+o and ctrl+shift+l. Turns out AMD Radeon settings comes with a "feature" that hijacks those hotkeys called performance logging.

You can find this setting under gaming>global settings>performance monitoring.

Thanks to the last poster with the Photoshop issue for pointing me in the right direction.

https://i.imgur.com/SWsVT02.png
Prev 1 427 428 429 430 431 432 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 70
JuggernautJason60
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 596
firebathero 84
Zeus 65
910 30
Dota 2
monkeys_forever412
League of Legends
JimRising 252
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS102
PPMD10
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5092
Liquid`Hasu1886
Other Games
summit1g6315
shahzam470
byalli373
C9.Mang0165
UpATreeSC75
Trikslyr37
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream132
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 90
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 48
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
2h 24m
Kung Fu Cup
13h 24m
Stellar Fest
15h 24m
The PondCast
1d 12h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.