• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:37
CEST 17:37
KST 00:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10239 users

[G] TheCore - Advanced Keyboard Layout - Page 430

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 428 429 430 431 432 Next
TimeRR
Profile Joined September 2018
1 Post
September 16 2018 21:52 GMT
#8581
Hey guys!

First of all I love the core ! Amazing work I'm very happy about it.

I just have a question, i couldnt find an answer yet. So i use Right Hand Core Plus on a german keyboard. I changed my keys as recommended:

Shift = Strg,
Strg=Alt,
the other thingy right next to the strg key = Shift

and it works fine for me. So in order to "create a control group" i have to shift+(x) and "add to the control group" with alt+shift+(x). To add to a control group is very easy because you push two buttons with your thumb and it's quite comfortable. However you use "add to control group" far more often than "create a control group" so I was wondering why you don't change create control group to the more complicated alt+shift+(x) and leave the easy key combination for the action you do the most ingame. Maybe this is just a stupid question, because everybody can change it in his interest but i was just wondering.

kind regards
bobo38
Profile Joined February 2016
France220 Posts
September 20 2018 21:31 GMT
#8582
@TimeRR "Shift=Stg+control group" is meant to be used there to "add&steal to group"

"add&steal to group" is far superior than "add without steal to group" it allows fast army splitting and makes that units are on a single group which is what you want in most cases.

"the other thingy right next to the strg key = Shift+group" uses "create to group" because it has some advantages in some conditions, mainly when you want to prepare a clone group of n-1 units of a group of n units so that you can quickly give an order to the n-1 units while last unit still execute last command: something useful in facing banelings, last minutes you retreat your n-1 units and bane(s) is wasted to kill one single units. Not sure many pros uses that, but it's a funny feature for micro intensive skirmish
Check out TheCore Lite last release:
https://github.com/bobo38/TheCoreLite/releases
DraikSC
Profile Joined July 2018
4 Posts
September 25 2018 02:31 GMT
#8583
hello, I was thinking on trying out the core and I was looking for some examples of how high level players use them. So I read that showtime used this setup but after watching replays from his last tournament i don't think that is the case (the control groups didn't seem to match and looked more like a conventional setup). It was the same for Probe who I also heard plays with thecore. Do they use the lite version or is my info wrong?
ZAiNs
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom6525 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-09-25 13:52:59
September 25 2018 13:52 GMT
#8584
On September 25 2018 11:31 DraikSC wrote:
hello, I was thinking on trying out the core and I was looking for some examples of how high level players use them. So I read that showtime used this setup but after watching replays from his last tournament i don't think that is the case (the control groups didn't seem to match and looked more like a conventional setup). It was the same for Probe who I also heard plays with thecore. Do they use the lite version or is my info wrong?

Pretty sure Showtime still uses it, you can see how he positions his hand on the keyboard here (at 27:52):

Okasimo0
Profile Joined October 2018
2 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-10-02 14:01:55
October 01 2018 20:03 GMT
#8585
I've been trying to download TheCore but the Accounts file is not in my Starcraft 2 folder or anywhere on my mac I currently am playing HOTS and do not know which file to save TheCore too any help you can give me would be appreciated I've tried searching for the dummyfile I've set it up but nothing comes up I even re-downloaded Starcraft 2 but nothing works
Discord Adobe Reader iTunes
RoombaOverlord
Profile Joined October 2018
1 Post
October 03 2018 20:18 GMT
#8586
Hey! So I am a complete nooby when it comes to Javascript and the like and was really curious as to how you update the (http://ivanvolosyuk.github.io/thecorevisualizer/visualizer/) interactive demo using coffee script for 4.0! Seems like a solid tool for someone wanting to practice the setup till their fingers bleed like myself.
bobo38
Profile Joined February 2016
France220 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-10-05 09:33:05
October 05 2018 09:25 GMT
#8587
This TheCoreVisualizer seems to require some effort to maintain, and creates loads of confusion atm because of outdated hotkeys

Looking into some commits it seems that each command card is written by hand and point to a command name, to be found in a .SC2Hotkeys file. I have not yet understood how to point to new .SC2Hotkeys file and how the interface switches from one to the others, similarly I couldn't find any of the small pictures (Blizz' copyright?)

EDIT: i've found the icons https://github.com/Igonato/thecorevisualizer/tree/gh-pages/visualizer/icons and the .SC2Hotkeys sources https://github.com/Igonato/thecorevisualizer/tree/gh-pages/visualizer/others . From there, reanimating this project would probably require to point to new .SC2Hotkeys files, and then update each command card to current ladder content, starting from adding all LoTV units that are missing in the interface
Check out TheCore Lite last release:
https://github.com/bobo38/TheCoreLite/releases
OpiumDen
Profile Joined February 2011
United States3 Posts
October 06 2018 13:17 GMT
#8588
Two (simple?) questions:

1.) It seems that whenever I enter a custom game (LotV Hotkey Trainer) using TheCore 4.0 SC2 resets some of the hotkeys, is this a known issue, and is there a way to resolve it? Or, did I just miss something in the documentation that I need to re-read?

2.) Will there be a GitHub page for TheCore at some point like there is for TheCoreLite?
bobo38
Profile Joined February 2016
France220 Posts
October 07 2018 18:02 GMT
#8589
1) TheCore 4.0 supports only multiplayer, it could be that some arcade games mess it up (not sure)

2) TheCore 4.0 material is on a google drive => see 1st line of the post
Check out TheCore Lite last release:
https://github.com/bobo38/TheCoreLite/releases
DraikSC
Profile Joined July 2018
4 Posts
October 10 2018 14:43 GMT
#8590
Just out of curiosity. For players with experience with theCore, do you think this hotkey layout inflates or deflates the apm and if so, how? I was just wondering whether I already got back my speed compared to a standard setup or how far away I am from it. So far, I feel I'm moving slower but my apm is not as low as I thought. I'm guessing having keys automate several actions (e.g. center/add camera, add/steal...etc) increases my apm by quite a bit artificially.
bobo38
Profile Joined February 2016
France220 Posts
October 10 2018 18:31 GMT
#8591
It's a different set of skills, you're getting new APM sinks that make sense from effectiveness and are comfortable while your old habbits are disturbed and you still look for which key to press to achieve this command. Once you will be accustomed to the new placement of keys AND the new sequences your average APM will get higher than with your previous hotkeys
Check out TheCore Lite last release:
https://github.com/bobo38/TheCoreLite/releases
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
October 22 2018 18:38 GMT
#8592
Hey Core fam!

Just popping in to let you all know that there are lots of helpful humans over at TheCore Discord Server

Personally, I don't keep up with this thread anymore, but I do keep up with the discord server

GLHF out there!

P.S. ShoWTimE has carried TheCore torch all the way to Blizzcon. This will be the first year TheCore has made it to the yearly finals! Thanks so much to everyone pushing the limits of efficiency with us! <3 <3 <3
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Bazik
Profile Joined September 2010
Portugal104 Posts
November 15 2018 01:27 GMT
#8593
bump
Treznor
Profile Joined March 2014
Denmark29 Posts
November 18 2018 11:31 GMT
#8594
Hello,

I just came back after a 2 year break, and how wonderful that it only took me 5 games before muscle memory kicked in and i remember all hotkeys. I played 7-8k rated games with the core v1.0, so i guess they stick forever :-)

I wanted to mention i had a ctrl+shift+0 problem when i started playing again, and eventhough i changed the win hotkeys in language settign like described in the faq i still couldnt create new group. (Never had an issue with this before)

The only thing that worked was to remove all extra languages, sticking with my native. So if you face the same problem (as core v1.0 user) this might fix your problem.
jellun
Profile Joined November 2018
1 Post
November 19 2018 01:29 GMT
#8595
Hi y'all
I've just started using the core for lefties and I'm starting to get used to it (used to play grid for lefties). However I've been struggling with camera hotkeys. Creating them is no biggie but jumping to a stored location seems quite unintuitive because of the need to press 2 modifiers (ctrl+shift+KEY). Wouldn't swapping the create and jump to camera hotkey binds be a more elegant solution? Alt+W is a lot quicker for me to execute than ctrl+shift+W.
BjoernK
Profile Joined April 2012
194 Posts
November 27 2018 14:31 GMT
#8596
I know this has been talked a lot about, but since windows 10 there does not seem a well protocolled solution:

I am still on core 1.0 and don't plan to change that.

ctrl+shift+0 creates a new control group. However windows prevents it to happen. For windows 7 the fix was to disable key-bindings, however I had no success doing so under win10.
There is a reddit-thread on this subject; however there is no real solution.
Salomonster
Profile Joined August 2012
Sweden67 Posts
December 03 2018 21:35 GMT
#8597
On November 27 2018 23:31 BjoernK wrote:
I know this has been talked a lot about, but since windows 10 there does not seem a well protocolled solution:

I am still on core 1.0 and don't plan to change that.

ctrl+shift+0 creates a new control group. However windows prevents it to happen. For windows 7 the fix was to disable key-bindings, however I had no success doing so under win10.
There is a reddit-thread on this subject; however there is no real solution.

Im back after 4 years break from SC2 and am using the core 2.something, and this was an issue I couldn't remember from the past. Finding the solution was driving me totally crazy so I just gotta help you with this one...

What you want to do is basically in the video below:


and I guess this i the same:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/967893/input-method-editor-keyboard-shortcut-ctrl-shift-0-switches-the-input

Now since I'm on a swedish Windows 10, (or/and possibly newer version of windows) finding these settings was NOT easy. none of the actual headlines for the settings sections are searchable in windows search function!

If you are having problems finding them here is how I found them, translated from Swedish to English so don't expect me to nail what it's actually called in the English version, rater point you in the right direction. I would start from the bottom and search in windows, and may be you would find a quicker way if you are on another version of windows...

I started with searching for "Language" in the start menu search function. the first match is called "language and keyboard settings" or something similar. click it and this pops:

Region and language.
When on this screen there is a "related settings" section. Click "advanced keyboard settings".

in the "change input method" section there should be a link referring to language options of some kind. (just above "Emoji Panel")

you should get a popup window called "text services and input language" or similar.
On the advanced tab there should be a list of activities. select "Change input language" and click the "change key sequence" button below the list.

new popup window appears
In here change the key binds to "not assigned" and make sure to hit OK on all opened windows.

Done!

Hope this is of some assistance
twitch.tv/salomonster
BjoernK
Profile Joined April 2012
194 Posts
December 04 2018 11:11 GMT
#8598
Hi there, thanks... This seems to be working so far, so thanks a lot
Salomonster
Profile Joined August 2012
Sweden67 Posts
December 04 2018 19:37 GMT
#8599
On November 19 2018 10:29 jellun wrote:
Hi y'all
I've just started using the core for lefties and I'm starting to get used to it (used to play grid for lefties). However I've been struggling with camera hotkeys. Creating them is no biggie but jumping to a stored location seems quite unintuitive because of the need to press 2 modifiers (ctrl+shift+KEY). Wouldn't swapping the create and jump to camera hotkey binds be a more elegant solution? Alt+W is a lot quicker for me to execute than ctrl+shift+W.

Hi,
The ctrl+shift modifier seems a little awkward at first, but once you get used to it it actually feels really good. the key is to find a comfortable way to press the both keys at the same time with the thumb. To make this easier I would advice you to angle the keyboard so that the thumb-side (the left side if you are a leftie), of the keyboard is closer to the body than the other end of the keyboard. I personally have my keyboard angled about 20 degrees. Also removing the button next to ctrl can make it allot easier.
Once you get a hang of it, you will find it very practical to have your thumb sitting at shift and ctrl, to be ready to ad / create control groups and jump between bases, Shift queuing actions at a blistering speed!
twitch.tv/salomonster
BjoernK
Profile Joined April 2012
194 Posts
December 09 2018 02:08 GMT
#8600
Reporting back in. I have still weird behavior with the ctrl+shift+0. Sometimes it behaves as it is supposed to. But sometimes it does not. Restarting starcraft seems to be fixing the problem and once it works properly it works for a number of matches or the time sc2 is running. Still kind of odd.
Prev 1 428 429 430 431 432 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech145
Codebar 33
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1136
Mini 933
Soma 605
actioN 540
Rush 383
ggaemo 362
Light 362
Larva 287
Stork 258
Horang2 252
[ Show more ]
BeSt 248
Snow 203
hero 198
Barracks 134
Killer 112
firebathero 105
Shine 103
Dewaltoss 99
Aegong 99
Sea.KH 76
Zeus 74
Sexy 41
Shinee 39
Sharp 36
JYJ 36
soO 31
ToSsGirL 29
sorry 24
Liquid`Ret 24
Bale 20
zelot 18
Rock 17
Trap 17
Sacsri 13
Terrorterran 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7782
qojqva1907
Dendi797
420jenkins167
Counter-Strike
fl0m967
Fnx 762
x6flipin485
edward47
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5126
Other Games
gofns7202
singsing1548
B2W.Neo937
Khaldor676
byalli555
Lowko366
Mlord287
Liquid`VortiX199
DeMusliM194
ArmadaUGS146
KnowMe134
Trikslyr39
BRAT_OK 8
Railgan5
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV219
WardiTV214
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream169
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH178
• StrangeGG 60
• mYiSmile121
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 26
• FirePhoenix8
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV423
League of Legends
• Nemesis2451
• Jankos1742
• TFBlade755
Other Games
• Shiphtur158
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 23m
Kung Fu Cup
19h 23m
The PondCast
1d 18h
OSC
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.