• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:34
CEST 19:34
KST 02:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)72Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8335 users

[G] Bronze to Masters, Improving Mechanics - Page 65

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 63 64 65 66 67 Next
LoStraniero
Profile Joined April 2013
Italy8 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-11 13:43:03
April 11 2013 13:42 GMT
#1281
Hi all. I'm a fresh new player here on the forum and in this game and this is my second post to the forum (the first being a reply to the rules). I feel I'll love SC2 but it seems a bit hard to play at ranked (e.g. any unranked game I did, was a disaster :D )

I'm sure I will use this guide to improve my macro skill and maybe also my skills in general (so thanks filter for it!).

Question is:
Is there any way I can get the custom filter map to train myself from EU server?
Do I have to change something (e.g. language /region or whatsoever) of my SC2 client to US?


Thanks for answers.

GL HF
TerribleTrioJon
Profile Joined May 2012
United States57 Posts
April 11 2013 14:34 GMT
#1282
Thanks for making this, I enjoy catching your stream as well.
RelaxedBrain
Profile Joined March 2013
United States3 Posts
April 11 2013 16:07 GMT
#1283
Hi LoStraniero,

You can just play 1 vs AI mode until you improve enough to do elite ai. Following these types of guides it shouldn't take to long and there is less stress when playing against a computer. Also make sure to do those 3 level training stages to get an idea of general play style.

As far as I know you don't have to change anything in the client to play on US from EU, its an option on the region menu on the login screen.
LoStraniero
Profile Joined April 2013
Italy8 Posts
April 11 2013 22:33 GMT
#1284
First of all thanks for answering, but there must be something wrong here...

I found the FilterSC custom map on NA servers, but probably something is not working as expected, because I do not see description of the task to do, but only some "param value/xxxsomethingxxx" instead of what I expect to do.

Any suggestion?
ShaolinZorg
Profile Joined February 2013
Belgium47 Posts
April 12 2013 08:07 GMT
#1285
On April 12 2013 07:33 LoStraniero wrote:
First of all thanks for answering, but there must be something wrong here...

I found the FilterSC custom map on NA servers, but probably something is not working as expected, because I do not see description of the task to do, but only some "param value/xxxsomethingxxx" instead of what I expect to do.

Any suggestion?



This map works only for WOL, switch to WOL and you'll be fine
Qui veut voyager loin ménage sa monture
LoStraniero
Profile Joined April 2013
Italy8 Posts
April 13 2013 00:31 GMT
#1286
Thanks for help, but does not work.

Here is what I get, after switching to WOL

+ Show Spoiler +

image of what I get


For instance, this is the same I get in HOTS... Any suggestion?
Snoodles
Profile Joined March 2012
401 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-13 01:24:42
April 13 2013 01:24 GMT
#1287
On April 13 2013 09:31 LoStraniero wrote:
Thanks for help, but does not work.

Here is what I get, after switching to WOL

+ Show Spoiler +

image of what I get


For instance, this is the same I get in HOTS... Any suggestion?


It's some sort of language issue.
I have two installations of the game(to get around patch/region issues) and the map only works, for me, when I have all the region and language options to american english. It does not work when I use my EU client to log onto the american server, unless I set the language to english too.
bbkDRAGOON
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
United States20 Posts
April 13 2013 07:42 GMT
#1288
filter incredible series, very appreciative! hope all is awesome
Need More Minerals
Yusei
Profile Joined December 2012
Canada27 Posts
April 13 2013 18:43 GMT
#1289
Hey Filter!

Thanks so much! After practicing against AI over and over again I finally got the confidence to play on the ladder. After months of ladder anxiety I played my placements and got placed into DIAMOND!

Thanks again for such an incredible series!

Yusei
MikeyH
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
United States44 Posts
April 16 2013 17:37 GMT
#1290
On April 14 2013 03:43 Yusei wrote:
Hey Filter!

Thanks so much! After practicing against AI over and over again I finally got the confidence to play on the ladder. After months of ladder anxiety I played my placements and got placed into DIAMOND!

Thanks again for such an incredible series!

Yusei


That is awesome! Congratulations!
Tell your friends about The Weekly All In!
fatty77
Profile Joined December 2009
United States41 Posts
April 18 2013 03:57 GMT
#1291
Just wanted to pass this along for those wondering when Filter is going to do the HOTS Bronze to Masters for Zerg. Was watching his stream and someone asked the question and he said he will probably do it after the first balance patch for HOTS comes out. He has a feeling that Mutas will get nerfed a bit.

[3ZPZ]Lion
Profile Joined April 2013
Romania2 Posts
April 18 2013 11:46 GMT
#1292
Made an account on teamliquid just to say Thank you!
For the King!
Nicarras
Profile Joined April 2013
United States6 Posts
April 18 2013 14:23 GMT
#1293
Thanks for all the new and old videos Filter. Your Twitch stream is great too!
Deadreckoning
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany19 Posts
April 20 2013 06:12 GMT
#1294
Found this threat yesterday, watched a bunch of movies and have to say: "Great work"
zerokill2006
Profile Joined May 2013
2 Posts
May 07 2013 16:36 GMT
#1295
Very solid videos. This breaks everything down into simplistic steps to build on.

I just started playing SC2 a week ago. Never knew this was such a complex and professional level game!

Thanks!
The total number of minds in the universe is one.
nTLdisciple
Profile Joined November 2011
United States23 Posts
May 10 2013 05:05 GMT
#1296
Hey filter just wanted to say thanks for the videos and your passion for teaching others to play this great game even if they arent good players right off the bat. (that was me!) thanks man.
Sir, do you have something against stargates?!? -Destiny
brianbaero
Profile Joined May 2013
1 Post
May 22 2013 00:53 GMT
#1297
Thanks so much for the videos I am going to start working through them soon.

I'm working on just marines and SCV's and was able to get 52 SCV, 50 marines at the 10 min mark.

If anyone more experienced than I is so kind to take a quick look at a replay to let me know if I can squeeze anything else out or I did anything wrong: http://drop.sc/336268
BioNova
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States598 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-22 16:13:19
May 22 2013 16:11 GMT
#1298
On May 22 2013 09:53 brianbaero wrote:
Thanks so much for the videos I am going to start working through them soon.

I'm working on just marines and SCV's and was able to get 52 SCV, 50 marines at the 10 min mark.

If anyone more experienced than I is so kind to take a quick look at a replay to let me know if I can squeeze anything else out or I did anything wrong: http://drop.sc/336268


Your SCV that builds the depot should have dropped the barracks. Notice that you q'd a extra scv at 12 supply and brought the depot scv back to the line, and then ran a scv all the way back to the drop the barracks.

At 11/11 as your scv finishes the depot, park him where you want your first Rax, make sure only the 12 scv is building(not the the extra one, especially at this particular point in a game) and build rax right after depot, usually 2-3 second max delay.

Personally I use the same SCV to build Depot 1> Rax when @150, and shift click him around 14 supply to build depot 2 next to rax to make initial wall-off. I also shift him off the second depot to wherever I'm building my CC in the filter builds. Literally the first SCV can do it all, and with little loss of efficiency.
I used to like trumpets, now I prefer pause. "Don't move a muscle JP!"
xerapid
Profile Joined May 2013
1 Post
May 23 2013 05:19 GMT
#1299
These videos having me climbing the ladder. Thank You for this <3
Dan26
Profile Blog Joined September 2012
Australia239 Posts
June 24 2013 04:41 GMT
#1300
After languishing in mid plat-high gold with inconsistent results (defeating diamond or getting rolled by gold league), I knew something very fundamental was missing in my play... Consistent macro and mechanics.

So after watching your videos, I went to the AM server with the goal of having exact same build every time with flawless mechanics and macro. 30 games later I've gone from bronze to diamond league with a 75% win rate.
Eat like a King, Train like a Champion, Sleep like a Baby
Prev 1 63 64 65 66 67 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 2448
RotterdaM787
TaKeTV 290
IndyStarCraft 162
ZombieGrub0
BRAT_OK 0
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2448
RotterdaM 787
ByuN 317
IndyStarCraft 162
MaxPax 125
UpATreeSC 55
MindelVK 14
RuFF_SC2 1
BRAT_OK 0
ZombieGrub0
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3455
Shuttle 838
Mini 469
EffOrt 402
Rush 177
Dewaltoss 141
Mind 96
Shinee 78
910 75
Zeus 70
[ Show more ]
hero 59
HiyA 55
Bale 26
sorry 24
JYJ 22
ToSsGirL 19
Sexy 14
zelot 8
Sacsri 7
scan(afreeca) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5711
qojqva2758
Counter-Strike
fl0m4935
pashabiceps838
Fnx 721
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2377
Other Games
singsing2145
ceh9684
Beastyqt625
Hui .205
mouzStarbuck160
XaKoH 132
Trikslyr70
QueenE60
C9.Mang032
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV172
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 98
• StrangeGG 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• Hinosc 0
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 27
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV126
Other Games
• imaqtpie398
• Shiphtur276
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
5h 26m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 26m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
17h 26m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.