• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:01
CEST 15:01
KST 22:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8090 users

[G] Bronze to Masters, Improving Mechanics - Page 66

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 64 65 66 67 Next
MinimalMagic
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark21 Posts
June 24 2013 06:25 GMT
#1301
Will the Zerg HOTS videos come out any time soon, very much looking forward to them!
vahgar.r24
Profile Joined October 2010
India465 Posts
June 28 2013 10:21 GMT
#1302
On June 24 2013 13:41 Dan26 wrote:
After languishing in mid plat-high gold with inconsistent results (defeating diamond or getting rolled by gold league), I knew something very fundamental was missing in my play... Consistent macro and mechanics.

So after watching your videos, I went to the AM server with the goal of having exact same build every time with flawless mechanics and macro. 30 games later I've gone from bronze to diamond league with a 75% win rate.


Now thats boss mode. GJ Dan
Somethings are just worth fighting for
Karr
Profile Joined June 2013
2 Posts
June 29 2013 13:51 GMT
#1303
On June 24 2013 13:41 Dan26 wrote:
After languishing in mid plat-high gold with inconsistent results (defeating diamond or getting rolled by gold league), I knew something very fundamental was missing in my play... Consistent macro and mechanics.

So after watching your videos, I went to the AM server with the goal of having exact same build every time with flawless mechanics and macro. 30 games later I've gone from bronze to diamond league with a 75% win rate.

Hello. Congrats on reaching diamond. Could you please tell which one of the build orders did you use to make this happen?
viermalvier
Profile Joined December 2009
Austria115 Posts
June 30 2013 12:11 GMT
#1304
Filter said on his "Sunday Vlog #2" on Youtube he will release a Terran and a Toss Bronze to master Series starting on July 1st, so a Zerg series will sure take its time after that.

i started playing a few days ago (not completly a newbie, but my last game was >2years ago) and so i wanted to ask the swarm guys here what benchmarks you used .

The things im doing right now is get >50 drones at 10mins + >50army (since i overdrone a lot of the times have >60 drones and a too small army)
my "buildinggroup" is pool->hatch->gas->warren->gas --> around the 8min mark i start the tech to add hydras later on.

would that be legit and more important what are the next steps i should proceed? creep spread, tech, scouting, ..

thank you very much!
lodro
Profile Joined January 2013
United States43 Posts
June 30 2013 12:37 GMT
#1305
@viermalvier:

You should watch his zerg videos for wings of liberty; the build still works reasonably well up to platinum despite being pure roach (just have to hit the timings and learn how to engage widow mines).

The timings are quite different, however. Something like ~60 drones at 8:00 off two base.
viermalvier
Profile Joined December 2009
Austria115 Posts
June 30 2013 13:11 GMT
#1306
On June 30 2013 21:37 lodro wrote:
@viermalvier:

You should watch his zerg videos for wings of liberty; the build still works reasonably well up to platinum despite being pure roach (just have to hit the timings and learn how to engage widow mines).

The timings are quite different, however. Something like ~60 drones at 8:00 off two base.


oh wow, i visited his channel quite i few times but didnt manage to find these - as said my scouting isnt envolved yet :D

thank you very much! (for opening my eyes^^)
Dan26
Profile Blog Joined September 2012
Australia239 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-01 03:31:12
July 01 2013 03:27 GMT
#1307
On June 29 2013 22:51 Karr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2013 13:41 Dan26 wrote:
After languishing in mid plat-high gold with inconsistent results (defeating diamond or getting rolled by gold league), I knew something very fundamental was missing in my play... Consistent macro and mechanics.

So after watching your videos, I went to the AM server with the goal of having exact same build every time with flawless mechanics and macro. 30 games later I've gone from bronze to diamond league with a 75% win rate.

Hello. Congrats on reaching diamond. Could you please tell which one of the build orders did you use to make this happen?


1 Barracks Fast Expand. Goal: Some kind of pressure timing attack around 9-13mins. Depending on what my opponent is doing and how far ahead or behind I am.

Main focus is spend money, add production, get maxed out with upgrades, and scout my opponent.

I'll try find a replay where I deny a proxy oracle from this build, as that is a huge weakness; as for now there are some replays below : )

That being said some of the replays are 2-base All-ins, because my late game is my weakness; late game requires solid decision making and multi-tasking; both in my view are advanced aspects of the game after basic macro etc etc.


On June 28 2013 19:21 vahgar.r24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2013 13:41 Dan26 wrote:
After languishing in mid plat-high gold with inconsistent results (defeating diamond or getting rolled by gold league), I knew something very fundamental was missing in my play... Consistent macro and mechanics.

So after watching your videos, I went to the AM server with the goal of having exact same build every time with flawless mechanics and macro. 30 games later I've gone from bronze to diamond league with a 75% win rate.


Now thats boss mode. GJ Dan


Here are just a small sample of those games. :D Enjoy!

http://drop.sc/346932
http://drop.sc/346933
http://drop.sc/346934
http://drop.sc/346935
http://drop.sc/346936
http://drop.sc/346937
Eat like a King, Train like a Champion, Sleep like a Baby
Karr
Profile Joined June 2013
2 Posts
July 01 2013 10:23 GMT
#1308
Thanks a lot Dan. This will really help!
papaz
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden4149 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-01 11:09:14
July 01 2013 11:08 GMT
#1309
Just wanted to say that this series is the best out there for learning!

Cured my ladder anxiety and made me look at SC2 in a completely different way.

Now I am actually learning something from my replays by just looking at the numbers at different points in time.

And just like this series shows is that 99/100 losses just comes from the fact that my opponent supply > my supply and not some unit composition or micro.

I am climbing the ladder faster than ever!

Thanks Filter and keep up the good work!
Borgbilly
Profile Joined May 2012
United States21 Posts
July 14 2013 05:26 GMT
#1310
I'm at a loss on this one. I finally got up to roughly low platinum in WoL 1v1, I'm wrecking faces in TvP and doing fairly well in TvT, but I'm striking out on TvZ. I've started to feebly introduce scouting and map control into my play, not perfect yet, but good enough to tell the difference between aggressive & eco play, see when all-ins are coming, etc. However, I'm at a loss for what to do against certain styles of play with the base style shown in the bronze to platinum videos.

In particular, I'm having issues with 4 styles of play:
1: 2-Base bling busts.
2: 2-Base speedling runby at ~5:45-6:00.
3: Greedy 3 hatch behind 4 queens.
4: Early pool to deny my natural and then drone while I build up enough units to reclaim it.

1: Ugh. Usually I don't lose immediately to the banelings (pre-split + wall-off), but eventually I just wind up getting mauled by speedlings streaming in the gaping hole in my wall. What do you do here? Bunkers don't really help against the ling follow up (over commit on bunkers and they just run past them into your nat mineral line), and if he's crisp on his timings you can't get hellions out fast enough to really help with this.

2: Wall-ins are great and all, but they don't really help when you've only got like one building down as part of the wall. If I'm clean with my execution I can avoid a runby in the main, but then I just lose the attrition game because I can't retake my natural.

3: The opposite problem of the first two, I'm allowed to do anything I want, but his economy is so much better than mine with the basic framework that I wind up losing even if I hit my benchmarks.

4: Similar problem to #2. Makes a bunch of lings, denies my natural for forever, and then rolls me sometime later because he could drone behind his ling contain without my being able to do anything about it.

As for modifications I can make to address the problems, here's what I'm coming up with. I'd just like to know whether I'm thinking along the right lines or not and whether I could get a couple of ideas for the things I'm stuck on:

1. Early pool: get my gas before my extra barracks, transition into somewhat of a delayed reactor hellion opener, get about 4 or so and clean up my natural, and then transition back into the main build as smoothly as possible.

2. Speedling runby: after triage, I rush out a fact/reactor on a rax as fast as possible, immediately start a depot to replace the one I lose at my wall, get hellions, retake natural. Especially make sure I have a marine at the watchtower so that I have time to evacuate my nat before the lings get there.

3. Bling bust: somewhat at a loss here. It's kind of hard to tell whether I'm getting roach/ling all-ind (easy hold w/ 2 bunkers), or bling busted (spawn of satan) if he cleans out my scouting scv before he plops down the building. In any case, I don't even know what to do with this if I see it coming.

4. Greedy eco play: I'm thinking about attacking earlier in this case. My current thought is to move stim up to the 6:00 or so (I usually do this anyways, hold off on the reactors until I know it's going to be a macro game), and move my army across the map so that i'm ready to nail his third right when stim finishes at 9:00.

Sorry 'bout the long post, but I'm really getting frustrated with TvZ. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thez558
Profile Joined November 2012
Italy25 Posts
July 17 2013 19:32 GMT
#1311
This guide opened my mind on Starcraft! Now I can watch more complicate builds and learn frome them. Thank you!
Air.SWP
Profile Joined May 2010
United States112 Posts
July 17 2013 20:51 GMT
#1312
What strategies can folks recommend for a high Platinum Protoss player? It's always been my goal to get to Diamond.
fatty77
Profile Joined December 2009
United States41 Posts
July 27 2013 21:38 GMT
#1313
Any Diamond or Master Zergs care to help a fellow Zerg out? I'm about a low Diamond/high Platinum player but I'm struggling a bit against Zerg (muta play is hard to deal with, especially with two or three spines at their natural's choke). I don't have enough roaches to overwhelm him if he walls off a bit. I then start adding hydras but they are too slow to hold my third. There is also the struggle to macro while holding off early speedling pressure. Any help on what you do with the build (or replays) would be greatly appreciated.

Are there any VODs or casters that you would recommend. I'm still basically doing the WOL build and it's working for the most part but I'd like to refine it more to HOTS and would like some references to look at while I wait for Filter's videos.

Also, do you guys still tech to Broods (and roaches) against Terran and Protoss late game or are you finding a better mix of units to use (like swarmhosts or vipers)? Again, thanks for the help.
SideAffect
Profile Joined April 2012
Canada30 Posts
July 28 2013 12:15 GMT
#1314
Hey fatty77,

Have you checked out Lowko

http://www.youtube.com/user/Felixje0

or Fenner,

http://www.youtube.com/user/fenn3r

They're both high masters/ GM players who cover a lot of zerg stuff.
"Let us celebrate our new arrangement with the adding of chocolate to milk" - Homer Simpson
fatty77
Profile Joined December 2009
United States41 Posts
July 29 2013 02:51 GMT
#1315
Hi SideAffect,

I did see Lowko's "Jaedongs Gasless Zerg versus Zerg Build Order" posted in the Zerg Help Me thread. This build is very similar but can only be used on natural's with small chokes. But I will check out some more of his and Fenner's videos, I didn't know that they had their own channels. Thanks for posting these, I really appreciate it. I like listening to Lowko's voice, haha.
SideAffect
Profile Joined April 2012
Canada30 Posts
July 29 2013 03:07 GMT
#1316
Don't forget to smile
"Let us celebrate our new arrangement with the adding of chocolate to milk" - Homer Simpson
Virtuoso
Profile Joined December 2008
United States119 Posts
August 27 2015 08:19 GMT
#1317
Will you be updating the Bronze to Masters series when LotV hits shelves?
fan of the top 3 terrans Flash Fantasy leta GOGO TERRANS
sketchyfish
Profile Joined December 2015
4 Posts
December 30 2015 15:12 GMT
#1318
On August 27 2015 17:19 Virtuoso wrote:
Will you be updating the Bronze to Masters series when LotV hits shelves?


I would like to know this myself. I just started playing sc2, but I imagine nothing is 1:1 transferable, so the timers and worker counts would be skewed, but the general ideas still apply.

Can anyone help us out?
TedBurtle
Profile Blog Joined April 2014
Belarus201 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-30 20:44:04
December 30 2015 20:41 GMT
#1319
On December 31 2015 00:12 sketchyfish wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2015 17:19 Virtuoso wrote:
Will you be updating the Bronze to Masters series when LotV hits shelves?


I would like to know this myself. I just started playing sc2, but I imagine nothing is 1:1 transferable, so the timers and worker counts would be skewed, but the general ideas still apply.

Can anyone help us out?

Im planning to do great stuff..from 1-st january ...or 2-nd..so look out for new [G] topics in a new year!

P.S. but btw, this is still helpfull, you need to just get away from timers, and try to do same things...Measure progress, like "i made 50 drones in 3 minutes,need more work", in 10 games "i made 55 drones in 10 minutes, GM making 56...im cool"
Unbeatable Protoss
jinjin5000
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1560 Posts
December 30 2015 21:47 GMT
#1320
it would be awesome if bronze-mastesr series for LotV hits for terran/zerg/protoss. I improved so much when i started hots following it and I would love to direct lower league players to your videos once again in more familiar environment
Prev 1 64 65 66 67 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1429
WardiTV760
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech132
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 6529
Bisu 2225
Jaedong 1178
EffOrt 498
Horang2 463
actioN 336
Mini 254
ZerO 196
ggaemo 147
Larva 144
[ Show more ]
Pusan 117
Mind 109
Barracks 75
Bale 65
Sharp 65
Hyun 63
Sea.KH 62
Shinee 61
Yoon 55
Snow 54
Dewaltoss 50
ToSsGirL 35
hero 34
NotJumperer 27
sorry 18
Sacsri 17
scan(afreeca) 17
Noble 12
zelot 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
NaDa 9
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc3633
qojqva1330
Dendi1065
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1149
markeloff163
Other Games
hiko665
B2W.Neo504
Lowko433
crisheroes300
DeMusliM277
Pyrionflax192
Livibee137
QueenE79
Mew2King55
Liquid`VortiX21
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 46
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV892
League of Legends
• Jankos2090
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
10h 59m
Patches Events
1d 2h
The PondCast
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 21h
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.