• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:06
CEST 04:06
KST 11:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8245 users

[G] Bronze to Masters, Improving Mechanics - Page 63

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 61 62 63 64 65 67 Next
NewTypeBeez
Profile Joined February 2013
United States35 Posts
March 26 2013 04:43 GMT
#1241
Have been watching these pretty religiously since the new HOTS series started. Back in WoL I found filtersc after he had already made nearly every video for Terran, so I got impatient and simply watch most of them and tried to do it all at once. But this time, I'm more or less being forced to sit back and take each video as they are released, which is perfect.

Since Terran is what I play, I was pretty happy today when I checked YouTube and saw Terran episode 1 appear. I watched it and immediately started playing. I went 7-0 today, which included defeating one player in Diamond and another in Platinum. I also moved from Silver to Gold after the 7th match. Although I'm hitting the bench marks, I still feel slow. But now that I have to wait for the next vid, I have plenty of time to get even better. Thank you FilterSC.
"The old generation can't build the new era!" - Char Aznable
SiZeMaTTeRs
Profile Joined August 2010
Malaysia20 Posts
March 26 2013 04:55 GMT
#1242
Extremely like all your videos, I used to be a Terran player but now I have moved on to Protoss instead and waiting patiently for your Protoss bronze to master league guide.
BradSA
Profile Joined March 2013
South Africa3 Posts
March 26 2013 05:29 GMT
#1243
So excited for the new videos! Super keen to work on my mechanics and actually do some damage on the Ladder with HoTS!

Interesting new benchmarks, expanding at 3:20 now instead of 3:45 and going for 52 SCVs when I think the original goal was 50? If I don't build my first marine after the Rax is done and go straight Orbital then Expansion (with your SCV already mining at the natural, good idea Apollo!) I can get my expansion out in 3:03. Is that too dangerous having the first marine out about 20s later? Didn't get better than 52 SCVs but that's coz I miss to many SCVs and my Orbitals idle a bit.

From that point I've got 2 x SCVs doing nothing but building Rax and I still can't spend my money, ended up with 1,500 - more Rax!!

On March 26 2013 06:43 ApocAlypsE007 wrote:
I think both Filter's and Apollo's videos compliment each other well, but as standalone it's not the full package.


I agree, Apollo's thinking and message is clear in his videos and why you should respond in a certain way, I think of Apollo as a doctor advising on why you should be healthy and Filter is the personal trainer, both very important though! If you follow them both I think you'll have very strong play.

Keep up the awesome work Filter!
That's what she said
OneBaseKing
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Afghanistan412 Posts
March 26 2013 07:34 GMT
#1244
Ur videos don't work in korean servers cuz everyone fucking cheeses everytime, any help someone please, I used to be masters in NA but I'm only silver, please someone help me out because no one around me is willing to help me out please message me please please help me
ApocAlypsE007
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Israel1007 Posts
March 26 2013 09:04 GMT
#1245
On March 26 2013 14:29 BradSA wrote:
Is that too dangerous having the first marine out about 20s later?

I think if you want to skip the 1st marine for a CC, you better off with CC 1st build.
It's more risky against Protoss who just builds a Zealot and Stalker and sends them straight to your base, and the occasional Zerg who build a bunch of Zerglings to poke. In TvT im not so sure but I guess its more risky vs proxies.
I'm playing the game, the one that will take me to my end, i'm waiting for the rain, TO WASH-- WHO I AM!!!
vahgar.r24
Profile Joined October 2010
India465 Posts
March 26 2013 13:24 GMT
#1246
HI guys

I tried to search for filtersc in arcade in HOTS- am not getting it please let me know where I can test it out thanks

[image loading]
Somethings are just worth fighting for
Paoz
Profile Joined November 2010
Italy3 Posts
March 26 2013 16:20 GMT
#1247
On March 26 2013 22:24 vahgar.r24 wrote:
HI guys

I tried to search for filtersc in arcade in HOTS- am not getting it please let me know where I can test it out thanks

[image loading]


Search in Custom Games
vahgar.r24
Profile Joined October 2010
India465 Posts
March 26 2013 16:37 GMT
#1248
On March 27 2013 01:20 Paoz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2013 22:24 vahgar.r24 wrote:
HI guys

I tried to search for filtersc in arcade in HOTS- am not getting it please let me know where I can test it out thanks

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Not there in custom games as well T_T

Search in Custom Games



[image loading]

Anyone help pls?
Somethings are just worth fighting for
BradSA
Profile Joined March 2013
South Africa3 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-26 16:42:27
March 26 2013 16:40 GMT
#1249
On March 26 2013 22:24 vahgar.r24 wrote:
I tried to search for filtersc in arcade in HOTS- am not getting it please let me know where I can test it out thanks


You should be doing a 1v1 Melee against Easy AI to practice (under Custom Games --> Create Game), and I don't think you'll find anything under 'filtersc'.

It makes sense to me to practice on the Blizzard official maps since these are the maps you'll probably play on the Ladder if I understand the system?
That's what she said
vahgar.r24
Profile Joined October 2010
India465 Posts
March 26 2013 16:47 GMT
#1250
On March 27 2013 01:40 BradSA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2013 22:24 vahgar.r24 wrote:
I tried to search for filtersc in arcade in HOTS- am not getting it please let me know where I can test it out thanks


You should be doing a 1v1 Melee against Easy AI to practice (under Custom Games --> Create Game), and I don't think you'll find anything under 'filtersc'.

It makes sense to me to practice on the Blizzard official maps since these are the maps you'll probably play on the Ladder if I understand the system?


Yes, but im toss and I have no idea whats the benchmark in hots. I tried a pvt vs AI and was able to do the 15 min max but vs zerg ffe i tired vs a very hard ai with timing in 7 mins I had nothing and I got baneling busted . So i filter has a yabot kind of map i thought would be great..
Somethings are just worth fighting for
BradSA
Profile Joined March 2013
South Africa3 Posts
March 26 2013 17:03 GMT
#1251
On March 27 2013 01:47 vahgar.r24 wrote:
Yes, but im toss and I have no idea whats the benchmark in hots. I tried a pvt vs AI and was able to do the 15 min max but vs zerg ffe i tired vs a very hard ai with timing in 7 mins I had nothing and I got baneling busted . So i filter has a yabot kind of map i thought would be great..


Oh, sorry about that Vahgar, didn't understand you meant for Protoss. Not sure what those Benchmarks are going to be, I'm sure they'll be similar to Terran timing (Pylon --> Gateway --> Start Nexus @ 3:20? 50+ Probes @ 10:00, don't get supply blocked and keep pumping Zealots?) - I'm a super-n00b though so following my advice would probably be dangerous.

As far as I know, Filter never made a 'Bronze to Masters' for Protoss, he started a Zerg guide but I don't think it was ever finished? On his YouTube channel he's made Playlists for all the races so I know he intends to make a Guide for Protoss, but I'm not sure when that will be in the future? He may finish one guide before he starts the next or he may do 1-1-1 for each race?

Also don't think Filter has done a Yabot kind of map before, haven't seen anything like that from him.

You might want to check out Apollo's Guides in the meantime:
Learn with Apollo Protoss Beginner Guide (4min)

I know he posted some Protoss content a couple of days ago that was two videos of 30 min each, not sure what they covered though. Hope you find what you're looking for!
That's what she said
MikeyH
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
United States44 Posts
March 26 2013 17:40 GMT
#1252
Filter didn't make the YABOT maps himself. Those were made by someone else the community. I'm sure they're still in the custom games somewhere though. You might need to switch back to Wings of Liberty mode to access them.
Tell your friends about The Weekly All In!
vahgar.r24
Profile Joined October 2010
India465 Posts
March 26 2013 17:57 GMT
#1253
Thanks guys i guess ill try them out..
Somethings are just worth fighting for
tbirdd
Profile Joined May 2012
United States11 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-27 03:13:11
March 27 2013 03:07 GMT
#1254
On March 26 2013 22:24 vahgar.r24 wrote:
HI guys

I tried to search for filtersc in arcade in HOTS- am not getting it please let me know where I can test it out thanks


It's probably not uploaded to your region's server. I know it's on NA. Try there:
(btw I made this search in "HOTS". )
[image loading]
TMD
Profile Joined November 2012
Canada93 Posts
March 27 2013 06:32 GMT
#1255
Heya, Filter, just letting you know I've built up a pretty strong mechanic/macro foundation as Zerg using your WoL build. Along with using unit and camera hotkeys, my play has become much more comfortable, in adding different tech from how I scout opponents, in order to adapt accordingly.

Like, using your roach build as a foundation to maybe add a 3rd base for muta or maybe corruptors, depending on what I scout.

This series is great macro training. since using unit hotkeys and camera hotkeys have since boosted my apm from 34 to avg % 150+, Im very comforsbl.
vahgar.r24
Profile Joined October 2010
India465 Posts
March 27 2013 12:43 GMT
#1256
On March 27 2013 12:07 tbirdd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2013 22:24 vahgar.r24 wrote:
HI guys

I tried to search for filtersc in arcade in HOTS- am not getting it please let me know where I can test it out thanks


It's probably not uploaded to your region's server. I know it's on NA. Try there:
(btw I made this search in "HOTS". )
[image loading]


Bugged map..doesn't work random stuff comes with no objectives
[image loading]
Somethings are just worth fighting for
Elendur
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada43 Posts
March 27 2013 13:44 GMT
#1257
Thank you for your new HOTS series Filter. Patiently awaiting the Zerg version and watching the Terran series just to get any information I can. You are a great coach !
probeater
Profile Joined October 2012
124 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-27 14:25:50
March 27 2013 14:23 GMT
#1258
On March 26 2013 06:43 ApocAlypsE007 wrote:
There is something odd in bashing Platinum players with building nothing more then un-upgraded marines, didn't even micro. It shouldn't be that easy dammit :/ Granted I was Master Protoss in WoL and I'm trying in HotS to take on Random, but the mechanics needed are basic enough.

TBH I see in the thread many people who say they nail the Gold and Plat benchmarks but still lose, and there I think is the main drawback in Filter's teaching method. The message that people get from his videos is "Do your build, the opponent doesn't matter much if you nail the benchmarks and you will win" (While the actual message is "Focus mostly on your build, nail the benchmarks and it doesn't matter if you win or lose, this form the base of your future play"). Up to certain level it is true, but after that there is a wall because you play like a robot and fail to react to curveballs the opponent throws your way.

I did saw the video that refers to scouting, but it was kinda cramped and convoluted, with Filter talking for 20 minutes while I get nothing. For the next time Filter, try to show examples instead of just talking about them, I know WoL tools were more limited, and now you have an opportunity to use the excellent HotS tools.

I prefer Apollo's teaching style, especially his "Learning with Apollo" videos, he put alot more emphasis on "conversation" with the opponent, reading the game, using common sense and making the right decision. On his tutorials he doesn't macro perfectly, but he constantly trying to find what the opponent is doing and making the right decisions.

Filter's guides are very good for learning the mechanics in the beginning, but don't expect to reach to Masters with them. I think both Filter's and Apollo's videos compliment each other well, but as standalone it's not the full package.

Actually it is quite possible to reach masters with filter's first episode of just building marines. Theres a stream (twitch.tv/adania) where the guy builds only marines and doesn'tget gas and he is top 3 masters right now, so filter's guide is actually extremely helpful up to masters and if you can ace all the benchmarks you will reach masters soon. Scouting and reacting to stuff comes frmo experience, don't expect to learn it from a macro guide. that being said, dApollo's tutorials are good for scouting, but then again in the lower leagues people don't really know what to do, or as apollo said if they try to do some whacky all in or cheese it will be 2 minutes late or they will do the wrong BO anyway. Thats why its most important to just ignore what people do until plat/diamond then start incorporating scouting into your play
I have a Dark Templar Statue at home.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-27 14:31:43
March 27 2013 14:26 GMT
#1259
Yeah you can definitely get to masters by just making marines, been there done that(although pure a-move might not work)

Even most Masters players are pretty bad, 128 supply or whatever it was at 10:00 with like 70+ marines are going to be able to beat most of what they have.

If you do unlike what Filter does and instead float minerals at 3 rax and go straight into 10 you'll also have a significantly stronger timing.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
tbirdd
Profile Joined May 2012
United States11 Posts
March 28 2013 04:58 GMT
#1260
On March 27 2013 21:43 vahgar.r24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 27 2013 12:07 tbirdd wrote:
On March 26 2013 22:24 vahgar.r24 wrote:
HI guys

I tried to search for filtersc in arcade in HOTS- am not getting it please let me know where I can test it out thanks


It's probably not uploaded to your region's server. I know it's on NA. Try there:
(btw I made this search in "HOTS". )
[image loading]


Bugged map..doesn't work random stuff comes with no objectives


It's not bugged. It works just fine. I checked bronze, silver & gold mode. Here is a screenshot of gold:
[image loading]

Prev 1 61 62 63 64 65 67 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
CranKy Ducklings93
davetesta34
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ByuN 262
WinterStarcraft209
RuFF_SC2 121
ViBE69
CosmosSc2 65
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2243
GuemChi 1394
Artosis 637
Sharp 82
910 55
Bale 19
MaD[AoV]18
Dota 2
monkeys_forever408
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 622
minikerr11
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox740
Other Games
summit1g9037
Day[9].tv787
shahzam673
JimRising 609
C9.Mang0318
Trikslyr37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick768
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP49
• EnkiAlexander 38
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv787
• Shiphtur695
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
13h 54m
The PondCast
1d 7h
INu's Battles
1d 8h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 20h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.