• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:36
CEST 04:36
KST 11:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9114 users

The Terran Help Me Thread - Page 111

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 109 110 111 112 113 460 Next
Make sure you read the OP before asking a question. Asking a question already addressed in the OP will result in moderation action. Also, please put some effort into your questions.
DrewRaynor
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada7 Posts
January 08 2012 20:32 GMT
#2201
On January 08 2012 14:09 scarper65 wrote:
What do you guys do to stop the really annoying helion reaper medivac elevator attack that people are doing a lot recently. I have lost to it doing both banshee and single reaper expands. I'm in masters


I`ve run into this a lot. I reaper expand into 3 rax with stim and double reactor. Right after I make the reaper I make 1 marauder and just marines. The marauder tanks a lot of damage. You should be ahead even if you use a few scvs to help defend to tank.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-08 20:36:37
January 08 2012 20:36 GMT
#2202
On January 09 2012 05:26 KimJongChill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2012 22:30 Blazinghand wrote:
I mean I guess if you're gonna be making factory units, thors will do better than tanks. I still think a bio transition is better than an air transition but it might be better just to make a lot of thors.


Oh okay thanks. I've recently switched to Terran from zerg and for some reason TvZ is my worst match-up. I've been going full mech since it's simpler to play imo, but I suppose I should start learning how to mix in bio.


Make sure to get upgrades from the armory when going full mech. If ultralisks get on you they can deal pretty extensive damage, and with a good concave can actually become cost-efficient against thors. There's actually tankless mech builds, like Synystyr's 0/3 hellion/thor build (link), but I prefer to incorporate tanks.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Shankapotamus
Profile Joined May 2010
United States428 Posts
January 08 2012 20:37 GMT
#2203
what's the build order for the hellion reaper medivac?
Willzzz
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom774 Posts
January 08 2012 22:01 GMT
#2204
Page 111, this is going to be overpowered I can tell.

Personally I tend to favour banshees over tanks and end up with 2-1-2 (factory idle). I just find banshees so much more powerful than tanks due to their mobility, and it is especially funny when I run my marine/banshee mix into a bunch of immortals

Thoughts on (mostly) skipping tanks?
defnotGeorge
Profile Joined October 2010
United States80 Posts
January 08 2012 23:32 GMT
#2205
diamond terran here. how do i beat zerg? it seems like if they get 3+ bases the terran has to be 1101234829482 times better to win. i have replays if you really want to see them, but they basically just consist of the zerg player overrunning me with double the stuff. taking more than 2 bases is so hard because it's hard to move out with muta harass. T_T
Willzzz
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom774 Posts
January 08 2012 23:44 GMT
#2206
Well you have two options, there's the ultra aggressive, where you just keep attacking him so he has to keep his mutas at home. This doesn't have to be manic aggression, it could be a slow push with bunkers etc.because if his mutas move out you should be able to push forward quite rapidly

Or there's the defensive, where you basically macro up a big army and then go stomp him in 1 big glorious battle. You need to keep up some light harass to keep him honest, but you will have plenty of marines back at home to deny any muta harass.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
January 08 2012 23:45 GMT
#2207
On January 09 2012 08:32 defnotGeorge wrote:
diamond terran here. how do i beat zerg? it seems like if they get 3+ bases the terran has to be 1101234829482 times better to win. i have replays if you really want to see them, but they basically just consist of the zerg player overrunning me with double the stuff. taking more than 2 bases is so hard because it's hard to move out with muta harass. T_T


I was in this mindset at one point too.
It's mostly because you play the matchup without a clear build order.
Not a "build that at this food" stuff, just a clear idea of your opening, when you want to push, when to add production building, etc.

I can't really give you a magic way to solve this. Choose a way to play the matchup ( macro oriented, agressive style, one or two cheese builds ) and stick with it until you feel good. There's a lot of builds you can do in TvZ. And if you really have no idea, i can recommand you the recent day9 daily about Bomber TvZ macro style. It's quite easy to play even without the best multitasking.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
scarper65
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
1560 Posts
January 09 2012 02:29 GMT
#2208
What is your guys' response when you scout 4gate blink stalker after 1 rax fe
KimJongChill
Profile Joined January 2011
United States6429 Posts
January 09 2012 07:17 GMT
#2209
I can't for the life of me understand how to play marine tank in tvz (in low diamond i think). I used to do that 10min 3 tank push, but many zergs just favor 2 base 3 hatch ling/bane before muta, so I'm not really sure how else I need to play the match-up. Basically, how do I know when to attack a zerg? I know it's kind of a subjective question, but are there indications I should be looking for? I guess I generally feel uncomfortable attacking zerg and losing my entire army to banelings...
MMA: U realise MMA: Most of my army EgIdra: fuck off MMA: Killed my orbital MMA: LOL MMA: just saying MMA: u werent loss
Blackknight232
Profile Joined July 2011
United States169 Posts
January 09 2012 07:35 GMT
#2210
On January 09 2012 11:29 scarper65 wrote:
What is your guys' response when you scout 4gate blink stalker after 1 rax fe

that depends on what map your playing on and if he brings a observer with him. have some tanks, turrets, and bunkers. really much i can only say unless i saw where he was blinking at. Trust me i've died to it twice so don't feel bad
ThePianoDentist
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom698 Posts
January 09 2012 13:23 GMT
#2211
hi, does anybody have specific timings for when they first scan in TvP to check for their build? to see if they're 4 gating or doing an immortal bust thing
Brood War Protoss, SC2 Terran/Protoss
Chaggi
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)1936 Posts
January 09 2012 14:19 GMT
#2212
On January 09 2012 22:23 ThePianoDentist wrote:
hi, does anybody have specific timings for when they first scan in TvP to check for their build? to see if they're 4 gating or doing an immortal bust thing


There's a TvP guide around here but my general scout timings are

6~ minute SCV scout for expo
8 minute scan to check for gates or tech
12 minute scan for tech/forge

if he double forge, I cut my army for a bit and build a 3rd
if he techs, i just adapt around.
saaaa
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany419 Posts
January 09 2012 17:22 GMT
#2213
Should i scan at the zerg at certain timings? and if i should do it, when?
legek
Profile Joined September 2010
Slovenia153 Posts
January 09 2012 17:29 GMT
#2214
If you are not sure about his tech scan around 10min ( timing for mutas ) and around 20min ( for hive -> blords ). Correct me if im wrong.
Marathi
Profile Joined July 2011
298 Posts
January 09 2012 19:31 GMT
#2215
Does anyone still play iEchoic 2fact2port in TvT anymore? I used to use this build but was beginning to struggle with it and then pre-igniter got nerfed so I dropped it in favour of something else.

Can't seem to settle on a TvT which doesn't include tanks (I don't like tanks) I play bio vs Z and P but not having much joy with bio vs T (not good enough to deal with tanks) so I was wondering if people still played iEchoic 2fact2port
eSports tees designed by me - http://tinyurl.com/bqmexd9
huehuehuehue
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Estonia455 Posts
January 09 2012 21:12 GMT
#2216
http://drop.sc/88847#
Gold/Plat level TvZ, having some trouble dealing with mutas.
Belial154
Profile Joined December 2010
United States48 Posts
January 09 2012 21:34 GMT
#2217
Don't see the iEchoic build ever. See alot of Cloaked Banshee play. If you want to do a sweet bio build check out the Day9 daily for last week. It details Thorzain's TvT build....very sick.
I'm Rick James b#$%&
Belial154
Profile Joined December 2010
United States48 Posts
January 09 2012 21:43 GMT
#2218
On January 09 2012 22:23 ThePianoDentist wrote:
hi, does anybody have specific timings for when they first scan in TvP to check for their build? to see if they're 4 gating or doing an immortal bust thing


There's a TvP guide around here but my general scout timings are

6~ minute SCV scout for expo
8 minute scan to check for gates or tech
12 minute scan for tech/forge

if he double forge, I cut my army for a bit and build a 3rd
if he techs, i just adapt around.


4Gate will already be to your base at 6 minutes if they do it right. You have to get an SCV into the Toss base by 4min(Stalker pops out around 4:15). Check Gases, Pylon placement, Chrono. If you see 1gas with lots of Chrono saved prep for 4Gate. 2Gases then you need to identify the Tech. Make sure that scout gets out alive, and use him to constantly be monitoring his expo to see if/when he expands. When you checked his pylon placement you are really looking for 3 things...if he is missing a pylon there is a great chance there is a proxy on the map, you are looking for places where he may hide his tech once you leave so that you know where to scan when scanning, and you are looking for possible openings to drop or exploit. The 8 minute scan is really to catch a 6Gate 2 base all in, and/or check tech path.
I'm Rick James b#$%&
Marathi
Profile Joined July 2011
298 Posts
January 09 2012 21:48 GMT
#2219
On January 10 2012 06:34 Belial154 wrote:
Don't see the iEchoic build ever. See alot of Cloaked Banshee play. If you want to do a sweet bio build check out the Day9 daily for last week. It details Thorzain's TvT build....very sick.


I was thinking of some cloaked banshee and marine, then with ravens and vikings when needed but I don't know how it would work out.

I saw the first part of that it looked very slick and fast but it went into tank play I believe, I guess I could go into some dropstyle play with it instead but I struggle vs tanks with bio I always find im out of position to attack them at the right time, etc.
eSports tees designed by me - http://tinyurl.com/bqmexd9
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
January 09 2012 23:49 GMT
#2220
@Blazinghand
i love you ^_^
people like you are what makes TL so awesome
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
Prev 1 109 110 111 112 113 460 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta33
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech131
RuFF_SC2 108
FoxeR 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1609
Shuttle 1409
Artosis 527
Dewaltoss 48
NaDa 26
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm181
LuMiX0
League of Legends
Doublelift3751
Counter-Strike
taco 527
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox599
Other Games
summit1g8051
WinterStarcraft338
C9.Mang0292
ViBE124
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur225
Upcoming Events
OSC
20h 24m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 7h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 14h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 16h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.