• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:59
CEST 01:59
KST 08:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8512 users

The Terran Help Me Thread - Page 109

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 107 108 109 110 111 460 Next
Make sure you read the OP before asking a question. Asking a question already addressed in the OP will result in moderation action. Also, please put some effort into your questions.
Kid-Fox
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada400 Posts
January 07 2012 05:53 GMT
#2161
How do you deal with zerg doing heavy roach aggression off of 2 bases?

Sometimes the scenario is like this: I reactor hellion expand and the zerg goes hatch first. Occasionally my scv checks his extractor which has taken more than 100 gas, yet no drones are pulled off, so in these cases I smell aggression coming.

But usually by the time my 3rd and 4th hellions come out, several roaches are halfway across the map already. My 2nd OC is still in my base, so I'm stuck on one base with maybe some bunkers on top of my ramp, but usually the zerg busts my wall and kills several scvs.

By the time the attack's over, the zerg has droned up massively and taken another base, and all I can do is counter-allin.

I know I should bunker up, but how can a bunker with 2 marines and a marauder hold off 8+ roaches + several speedlings +more roaches to come?
Snaiil
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden312 Posts
January 07 2012 06:19 GMT
#2162
On January 07 2012 14:53 Kid-Fox wrote:
How do you deal with zerg doing heavy roach aggression off of 2 bases?

Sometimes the scenario is like this: I reactor hellion expand and the zerg goes hatch first. Occasionally my scv checks his extractor which has taken more than 100 gas, yet no drones are pulled off, so in these cases I smell aggression coming.

But usually by the time my 3rd and 4th hellions come out, several roaches are halfway across the map already. My 2nd OC is still in my base, so I'm stuck on one base with maybe some bunkers on top of my ramp, but usually the zerg busts my wall and kills several scvs.

By the time the attack's over, the zerg has droned up massively and taken another base, and all I can do is counter-allin.

I know I should bunker up, but how can a bunker with 2 marines and a marauder hold off 8+ roaches + several speedlings +more roaches to come?

This is pretty simple actually. When reactor hellion expanding your first two hellions should always scout the roaches popping if he went hatch first, so from the moment the roaches hatch (unless he was sneaky and made them up the ramp, then from the moment they walk out from the nat), you will know the roaches are coming. This leaves you without enough time to throw up a bunker or two depending on how many roaches he has. Don't be too hasty with the bunkers though, some zergs just like to make 4 roaches to counter the first 4 hellions.

So basically you'll see him moving out with roaches, throw up two bunkers if you suspect it being a serious attack, evaluate if it's better to swap the fact and rax again to get out a siege tank and two marines at a time or if it's better to keep pumping hellions and marauders (depends on ling to roach ratio). Will be an ezpz hold from there.

Oh and also, have 3-4 scvs already at the ramp to repair and bring more if needed.
ThaSlayer
Profile Joined March 2011
707 Posts
January 07 2012 10:20 GMT
#2163
Do I continue to pressure protoss with 12-15 marines after a 1 rax fe -> 4 rax if he:
1) Gets an early second gas
2) Double gateway pressure into expand
Thanks!
mokumoku
Profile Joined January 2012
157 Posts
January 07 2012 11:00 GMT
#2164
What do i do when i play a TvT and they are just turtling and flooding all their base with seige tanks and turrets and i can't do anything?
Sianos
Profile Joined April 2011
580 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-07 11:28:36
January 07 2012 11:23 GMT
#2165
He does this because he want to get a huge tech advantage and a big army to crush you in a blow. You should be able to just stay ahead 1 Base aggainst him and tech like crazy. Surround his base with tanks and turrets, so that he can´t move out.
The you should scna to see what kind of tech he is going for and then investing a lot to get either the counter tech or being ahead of him in this tech. Expample if you see your opponent has a huge viking count, he will probally go to battlecruiser and upgrades, so you should produce vikings from a lot of starports and double upgrade them from your armory.

Did you read this thread already?

If you have a good position it increases your army value dramatically and you should be able to spend your ressources in the other categories to get more advantages.
Divinek
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada4045 Posts
January 07 2012 11:24 GMT
#2166
On January 07 2012 20:00 mokumoku wrote:
What do i do when i play a TvT and they are just turtling and flooding all their base with seige tanks and turrets and i can't do anything?


Take the map and make alot of production facilities. Control the map, throw up turrets/sensor towers wherever you can and take map control with vikings so they'll have an extremely hard time getting up any kind of good position
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Oh goodness me, FOX tv where do you get your sight? Can't you keep track, the puck is black. That's why the ice is white.
Snaiil
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden312 Posts
January 07 2012 12:00 GMT
#2167
On January 07 2012 20:00 mokumoku wrote:
What do i do when i play a TvT and they are just turtling and flooding all their base with seige tanks and turrets and i can't do anything?

Take more expansions than him, play a lot greedier, get a better economy and then crush him with the perfect unit composition. If you don't like those long TvTs you might want to consider playing a more aggressive style TvT with early pressure and some sort of mid game timing attack.

Also, air armies are really good late game. Battlecruisers, Banshees, Vikings and Ravens. Sometimes the player that gets air dominance and Battlecruisers or a few Banshees outs first outright wins because you can steal position so easily then.
zhurai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States5660 Posts
January 07 2012 12:19 GMT
#2168
What's people's opinions on reaper expand in TvP (as well as TvZ)?

TvZ -> I've seen some pros in korea doing it on stream -- and it's pretty effective (switching between reactor hellions and reapers as their openings -> like polt and taeja)
TvP -> I see it's "used" for mech/sky, but... what do you guys think about it working for standard/bio play too?

a teammate says that it doesn't really work too well in TvP as he doesn't think it's too useful because he says you can just use an scv to scout (the stalker kills the reaper easily? I guess? idk) - I presented the idea that showing the protoss an early gas can mean either 2rax (r,t or t,r) or 1/1/1 technically and doesn't necessarily mean a reaper expand/etc

From experience from playing around with it with mid plat players (on a smurf while I'm semi slumping -- not the point in this post and/or when I'm testing around builds), I can have a bunker with 1-2 marines in a bunker (or about to finish bunker) while/before he's poking with a stalker, and during that's happening/while he's walking to my base, my reaper gets into their main and can do damage to the probe line... (which then technically gives me map control/he can't spread himself so thin, as he has to make the stalker go back into his base/etc to prevent their probe line from disappearing imo?)

[then again that teammate used to be a protoss (dia a few seasons back), and switched to Z]

he also said that it doesn't work (when I presented the idea) (or "shouldn't" ?) in TvZ as he can make 10 lings and kill it, but then conceded about the idea because he hasn't really played against the style and can't really comment too well on it, but my opinion as a Z and T player is that if Z has to make 10 lings instead of 5 drones that's good for the terran still (especially since 1 reaper is 50/50, and 3 reapers are 150/150, and 10 lings/5 drones is 500/0)

[he does like reaper expand in TvT however... then again so do I]

Any other comments from better players than me's opinions?

[I guess I shouldn't make asking posts too much at 4am in the morning]
Twitter: @zhurai | Site: http://zhurai.com
Snaiil
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden312 Posts
January 07 2012 12:43 GMT
#2169
On January 07 2012 21:19 zhurai wrote:
What's people's opinions on reaper expand in TvP (as well as TvZ)?

TvZ -> I've seen some pros in korea doing it on stream -- and it's pretty effective (switching between reactor hellions and reapers as their openings -> like polt and taeja)
TvP -> I see it's "used" for mech/sky, but... what do you guys think about it working for standard/bio play too?

a teammate says that it doesn't really work too well in TvP as he doesn't think it's too useful because he says you can just use an scv to scout (the stalker kills the reaper easily? I guess? idk) - I presented the idea that showing the protoss an early gas can mean either 2rax (r,t or t,r) or 1/1/1 technically and doesn't necessarily mean a reaper expand/etc

From experience from playing around with it with mid plat players (on a smurf while I'm semi slumping -- not the point in this post and/or when I'm testing around builds), I can have a bunker with 1-2 marines in a bunker (or about to finish bunker) while/before he's poking with a stalker, and during that's happening/while he's walking to my base, my reaper gets into their main and can do damage to the probe line... (which then technically gives me map control/he can't spread himself so thin, as he has to make the stalker go back into his base/etc to prevent their probe line from disappearing imo?)

[then again that teammate used to be a protoss (dia a few seasons back), and switched to Z]

he also said that it doesn't work (when I presented the idea) (or "shouldn't" ?) in TvZ as he can make 10 lings and kill it, but then conceded about the idea because he hasn't really played against the style and can't really comment too well on it, but my opinion as a Z and T player is that if Z has to make 10 lings instead of 5 drones that's good for the terran still (especially since 1 reaper is 50/50, and 3 reapers are 150/150, and 10 lings/5 drones is 500/0)

[he does like reaper expand in TvT however... then again so do I]

Any other comments from better players than me's opinions?

[I guess I shouldn't make asking posts too much at 4am in the morning]


Reaper expanding is doable and pretty good in both match ups, you should see it less as a whole build and more as a different way of 1rax FE'ing though. The Reaper isn't too significant, what is more important is how you follow it up. Against Protoss you only want the reaper to scout, good protosses will shut it down before it can do any damage to the probe line. Scout what he's doing and then hold the watch towers with it.

Against zergs there are two types of reaper expands, those that are meant to do early damage with a bunker and those that are meant to scout and then keep map control until speed is up. This is also good because it forces the zerg to make more than 4 lings in the beginning if he wants towers.

The most important thing is to never lose the reaper (unless you are doing bunker pressure), because it serves a lot of purposes throughout the game. Generally it will go something like: Poke into their base to see what the other player is doing -> if you can somehow safely do damage to his economy, do it -> get out and hold watch towers -> when he gets units that can take the watch towers, use the reaper to scout third or fourth timing, hopefully you can be really annoying and kill the worker that is coming to expand.

All variants are fine, but it's really more important to instead focus on how you follow it up. It's a nice alternative to no gas FE though since just one unit will do that many things for you.
dementrio
Profile Joined November 2010
678 Posts
January 07 2012 15:47 GMT
#2170
looking for guides or replays on how play 2base biotank tvp. I remember seeing something on 2base marine/tank allins, but I'm looking for something with a 3base transition, either to pure bio or maybe bio+thor? (I think I remember a discussion on this a loong time ago).
iAmJeffReY
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4262 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-07 16:06:58
January 07 2012 15:53 GMT
#2171
On January 08 2012 00:47 dementrio wrote:
looking for guides or replays on how play 2base biotank tvp. I remember seeing something on 2base marine/tank allins, but I'm looking for something with a 3base transition, either to pure bio or maybe bio+thor? (I think I remember a discussion on this a loong time ago).

http://drop.sc/80681
http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=details&id=243824
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]


http://drop.sc/72645 best version I'd say, vs a 1300 last season protoss streamer.

Reaper FE into 3 rax 1 fac 1 port, marine tank marauder medic push. Hit's at 11-12 minute, latest. 3 tanks, 2 medic, 7-8 marauders, and about 30 marines with a third started at 12 min at your base.
What's people's opinions on reaper expand in TvP (as well as TvZ)?

TvZ -> I've seen some pros in korea doing it on stream -- and it's pretty effective (switching between reactor hellions and reapers as their openings -> like polt and taeja)
TvP -> I see it's "used" for mech/sky, but... what do you guys think about it working for standard/bio play too?

a teammate says that it doesn't really work too well in TvP as he doesn't think it's too useful because he says you can just use an scv to scout (the stalker kills the reaper easily? I guess? idk) - I presented the idea that showing the protoss an early gas can mean either 2rax (r,t or t,r) or 1/1/1 technically and doesn't necessarily mean a reaper expand/etc

From experience from playing around with it with mid plat players (on a smurf while I'm semi slumping -- not the point in this post and/or when I'm testing around builds), I can have a bunker with 1-2 marines in a bunker (or about to finish bunker) while/before he's poking with a stalker, and during that's happening/while he's walking to my base, my reaper gets into their main and can do damage to the probe line... (which then technically gives me map control/he can't spread himself so thin, as he has to make the stalker go back into his base/etc to prevent their probe line from disappearing imo?)

[then again that teammate used to be a protoss (dia a few seasons back), and switched to Z]

he also said that it doesn't work (when I presented the idea) (or "shouldn't" ?) in TvZ as he can make 10 lings and kill it, but then conceded about the idea because he hasn't really played against the style and can't really comment too well on it, but my opinion as a Z and T player is that if Z has to make 10 lings instead of 5 drones that's good for the terran still (especially since 1 reaper is 50/50, and 3 reapers are 150/150, and 10 lings/5 drones is 500/0)

[he does like reaper expand in TvT however... then again so do I]

Any other comments from better players than me's opinions?

[I guess I shouldn't make asking posts too much at 4am in the morning]

Reaper FE is my go to TvP build. I go reaper FE into 3 rax tank push (above), or into cut gas, fast 5 rax pressure.

Here's a slew of replays TvP that all open reaper FE. The reaper forces the transitions. If they FE you can play as normal, if not, you get 5 rax 2nd gas and get medics asap.
http://drop.sc/74177 ~650masters protoss atm
http://drop.sc/74178 ~560 masters protoss
http://drop.sc/75317 ~450 masters protoss
http://drop.sc/75312 ~700 masters protoss

But, back to the question.
Reaper FE goes into bio in TvP SO fucking well. You get an amazing scout if you time the SCV + reaper together. You can 100% see natural if they expo. If they poke, you get at least 2-3 probe kills.

I always wall off with reaper FE, because zeal/stalker poke hits as you have 1 marine, and 1 reaper. So you just pull a few SCVs to repair, he cannot get in. Not a chance. Your 5 rax are done, and you get a marauder and a few marines out. Just repair, and pull back. Then, get shells, drop expo at natural, and push with 5 rax pressure.

When I reaper FE vs toss, and 5 rax, I expo a third at 9 minute, and it feels 100% safe most times.

he also said that it doesn't work (when I presented the idea) (or "shouldn't" ?) in TvZ as he can make 10 lings and kill it, but then conceded about the idea because he hasn't really played against the style and can't really comment too well on it, but my opinion as a Z and T player is that if Z has to make 10 lings instead of 5 drones that's good for the terran still (especially since 1 reaper is 50/50, and 3 reapers are 150/150, and 10 lings/5 drones is 500/0)

He has to catch the reapers. My go to TvZ build is 11 rax 12 gas 2 reaper poke around, with a fake bunker rush. I go into 3-1 with stim push of marauder/marine/reactor hellion and take an early third as well again.

Infact, I have a troll TvZ build that's beaten top 8 masters zerg like garbage players using only reapers and hellions. So, don't listen to the diamond zerg buddy. Reaper FE has it's place in every single MU.

Ninja edit..
My accounts are iamjeffrey and gzathegenius, both on NA. Random/bonkerz/sospecial/saviorself anything else I'm on in these replays is me leveling a friends name for him.
Unbiased biased terran abuser Jeffrey. Sorry for the rage, friend!
dementrio
Profile Joined November 2010
678 Posts
January 07 2012 16:43 GMT
#2172
jeffrey, what do you think is the advantage of your 3 tank push over "standard" bio? you essentially delay upgrades and medivacs for 3 tanks and siege. If you want to hit a timing, are 3 tanks better 2 more medivacs? (or vikings?)
Willzzz
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom774 Posts
January 07 2012 16:52 GMT
#2173
Tanks mean he can't just keep force-fielding you out, tanks create a nice little safe zone that he can't enter, allowing you to push forward.

You can beat forcefields with good medivac control, but it is riskier.
iAmJeffReY
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4262 Posts
January 07 2012 16:52 GMT
#2174
On January 08 2012 01:43 dementrio wrote:
jeffrey, what do you think is the advantage of your 3 tank push over "standard" bio? you essentially delay upgrades and medivacs for 3 tanks and siege. If you want to hit a timing, are 3 tanks better 2 more medivacs? (or vikings?)

What upgrades, beyond 1-1, I don't delay anything. I get stim, siege, shields, and shells. I feel the medics complete the push... If they collsai, they can high ground you with stalker sentry and collsai and delay the push long enough.
With 2 medics, you can get away and or make your push last.
Unbiased biased terran abuser Jeffrey. Sorry for the rage, friend!
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
January 07 2012 22:44 GMT
#2175
what is the TvT metagame and what are the standard builds and their counters?
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
January 08 2012 01:10 GMT
#2176
On January 08 2012 07:44 Kenpachi wrote:
what is the TvT metagame and what are the standard builds and their counters?


In terms of composition, the game is based mostly off of tanks. Some players go tankless and try to be mobile with marauders and medivacs, but mostly it's "what do you complement your tanks with"

The two classic choices are bio and hellions. If you're going bio, you get lots of upgrades for your marines and use them in conjunction with tanks and medivacs, and vikings to fight your opponent's vikings. If you're going mech (hellions) you make few medivacs, and build vikings. If you're going bio and your opponent is going mech, you make marauders instead of marines.

In terms of build orders, you often see builds that are either gas-first or delayed gas. Fairly common builds:

"map control" builds with delayed expos (1/1/1)
1) gas-first banshee. In this build you take a gas before your barracks, and a second gas with your factory. You make a starport, a banshee, and cloak before expanding.
2) rax-first banshee. In this build you make a barracks before your gas, and a second gas with your factory. You make a starport, a banshee, and usually cloak before expanding
3) gas-first or rax-first hellion drop. in this build you quickly get blue flame and a medivac.

"safe" builds with somewhat delayed expos
1) 1 rax 1 fact. In this build you begin your factory before beginning your command center, but don't take a 2nd gas or start a starport until after you begin your command center. This gives up the ability to be aggressive with early banshees but still techs quickly
2) 1 gas 1/1/1. in this build you either go for a red-flame hellion drop or a cloakless banshee harass. Your map control will be weaker than a 2-gas 1/1/1 and your ability to deal damage less-- but your need to deal damage will be less as well. Your expansion will be somewhat quicker.
3) Bio. more than 1 rax before you rexpand. less gas intensive, probably a fast expo, but delays tech.

Fast Expands
1) 1 rax gasless. Only for players who live life on the edge
2) 1 rax with gas. see 1 but you can make more stuff
3) 1 rax reaper. I'm actually not sure whether this is greedier or less greedy but reapers are pretty sweet

Allins
1) 3 rax stim. Pretty solid against hellion based openings, especially on maps with less defense. Loses to guys who make tanks/bunkers quickly, or cloak banshee builds
2) thor. slow-moving and scoutable, but unlike 3 rax stim doesn't auto- lose to banshees. outranges marine bunkers, auto-repair op. You'll usually need to proxy this though.
3) tanks. siege is pretty strong early on, and barring some good flanks or banshee play, it's hard to defend a sieged-up tank attacking you.
4) other. Terran can basically allin with whatever he has lying around most of the time. Hellion/marine? sure. Banshee/hellion? that's a thing. Reaper/Marauder/ghost? there are guides on TL about this good sir. scouting is easy in TvT so just if he's not expoing get ready for a crapstorm.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
DrewRaynor
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada7 Posts
January 08 2012 02:23 GMT
#2177
Hi guys. I've never posted on TL before, but I've been pretty frustrated lately with my TvZ. I'm high diamond and I keep on getting matched up against masters players, which is fine. What is not fine is this new way of playing TvZ that I've encountered on the ladder. I like to open up reactor hellions, I believe it's the best opening. I run into a lot of players who are working up to ~20 roaches and containing me in my base, and as soon as they do they take a fast third and go for HYDRA?? infestor play. I try to do drops but queens/infestors do a pretty good job stopping me, and when I push out I get completely run over, or counter attacked as I'm moving out with drops/nydus/walking into my base. Anybody have any advice on how to deal with this new playstyle? Thanks.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
January 08 2012 03:03 GMT
#2178
Welcome to TL, DrewRaynor! :D

Hmm. I haven't seen much hydra play in TvZ, mostly because their slow speed makes it difficult for them to engage or disengage from a tank-based army. Against heavy roach play, you're best off making marine/tank. You'll have a tech lab barracks researching stim, so have that barracks make marauders. I can't really offer much more advice unless I see a replay though, since I don't have a lot of experience fighting Roach/Hydra.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
TheDwf
Profile Joined November 2011
France19747 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-08 03:17:13
January 08 2012 03:10 GMT
#2179
On January 08 2012 11:23 DrewRaynor wrote:
Hi guys. I've never posted on TL before, but I've been pretty frustrated lately with my TvZ. I'm high diamond and I keep on getting matched up against masters players, which is fine. What is not fine is this new way of playing TvZ that I've encountered on the ladder. I like to open up reactor hellions, I believe it's the best opening. I run into a lot of players who are working up to ~20 roaches and containing me in my base, and as soon as they do they take a fast third and go for HYDRA?? infestor play. I try to do drops but queens/infestors do a pretty good job stopping me, and when I push out I get completely run over, or counter attacked as I'm moving out with drops/nydus/walking into my base. Anybody have any advice on how to deal with this new playstyle? Thanks.

Don't know about the contain thing, we'd need replays to see the timings, etc., but against Roaches-based composition simply play standard Marine/Tanks while avoiding small engagements with low Tanks counts thay may favor the Zerg (especially if you lose said Tanks). Critical mass of Tanks should simply obliterate Roaches/Hydras/Infests since Roaches are supply-inefficient.

Oh, and don't forget detection near your bases.
DrewRaynor
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada7 Posts
January 08 2012 05:06 GMT
#2180
You guys are likely right. I just keep getting caught out of position. It`s crazy how important positioning is as terran. Anyway, just got promoted to masters. Appreciate your help
Prev 1 107 108 109 110 111 460 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 477
Hyun 139
Dota 2
monkeys_forever507
League of Legends
Doublelift4428
Other Games
summit1g11668
JimRising 473
ViBE250
Livibee191
KnowMe186
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick930
BasetradeTV180
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 129
• Adnapsc2 39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1693
• imaqtpie1005
• Shiphtur429
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 1m
Patches Events
15h 1m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 1m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 1m
OSC
23h 1m
OSC
1d 12h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.