• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:34
CEST 04:34
KST 11:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8877 users

The Terran Help Me Thread - Page 110

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 108 109 110 111 112 460 Next
Make sure you read the OP before asking a question. Asking a question already addressed in the OP will result in moderation action. Also, please put some effort into your questions.
scarper65
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
1560 Posts
January 08 2012 05:09 GMT
#2181
What do you guys do to stop the really annoying helion reaper medivac elevator attack that people are doing a lot recently. I have lost to it doing both banshee and single reaper expands. I'm in masters
ethenian
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom42 Posts
January 08 2012 05:10 GMT
#2182
timing of third?wt indicator, i want a more precise timing here, some pros freak me out when they put down third at 6min
Zombo Joe
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada850 Posts
January 08 2012 05:31 GMT
#2183
On January 08 2012 14:09 scarper65 wrote:
What do you guys do to stop the really annoying helion reaper medivac elevator attack that people are doing a lot recently. I have lost to it doing both banshee and single reaper expands. I'm in masters


A replay would be nice.

I imagine you'd scout it and get a marauder or a tank before it hits? You probably shouldn't be taking your natural either.
I am Terranfying.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
January 08 2012 05:34 GMT
#2184
On January 08 2012 14:09 scarper65 wrote:
What do you guys do to stop the really annoying helion reaper medivac elevator attack that people are doing a lot recently. I have lost to it doing both banshee and single reaper expands. I'm in masters

unfortunately part of this is just "catch it coming". This is most commonly used on Shattered Temple but i've seen it on metal as well. you kind of need to spot it coming with spotting depots I guess.



On January 08 2012 14:10 ethenian wrote:
timing of third?wt indicator, i want a more precise timing here, some pros freak me out when they put down third at 6min


Depends on the matchup, and your opponent's opening. I'd take one at 12:00 if you haven't... but like, it's really situational / matchup specific. In TvZ do it when you pressure his 3rd coming up with your marine/tank. In TvP I do it as I get dropships. In TvT I do it once i have a few siege tanks.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
scarper65
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
1560 Posts
January 08 2012 05:46 GMT
#2185
[QUOTE]On January 08 2012 14:34 Blazinghand wrote:
[QUOTE]On January 08 2012 14:09 scarper65 wrote:
What do you guys do to stop the really annoying helion reaper medivac elevator attack that people are doing a lot recently. I have lost to it doing both banshee and single reaper expands. I'm in masters[/QUOTE]
unfortunately part of this is just "catch it coming". This is most commonly used on Shattered Temple but i've seen it on metal as well. you kind of need to spot it coming with spotting depots I guess.
Is there a specific opening that can crush this attack? Or do I just have to catch the medivac before all the units are out of it
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-08 05:57:10
January 08 2012 05:56 GMT
#2186
@scarper65: The amount of time you have to "catch" the medivac is really really small. Remember, this isn't a regular elevator attack-- the reapers hop up while the medivac is dropping, so the elevator is only cycling through once rather than twice. When I've fought this it's been with landed vikings, hellions, and a couple marines-- but I open with a pretty fast starport. If you don't have a quick starport, maybe a tank that's getting repaired could do it, but he'd just try to avoid your tank-- you'd need to engage carefully so he has to walk through the tank's movement area.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
KimJongChill
Profile Joined January 2011
United States6429 Posts
January 08 2012 09:58 GMT
#2187
Hey guys, if I'm playing mech against zerg and they go ultras, should I be adding on more tanks or more thors?
MMA: U realise MMA: Most of my army EgIdra: fuck off MMA: Killed my orbital MMA: LOL MMA: just saying MMA: u werent loss
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
January 08 2012 10:24 GMT
#2188
Ideally actually you'd want to add in some marauders. I find tanks are not too great against ultras, though they're awesome against the banelings that tend to accompany them. I've seen people try to mass snipe with ghost but I don't know if that's actually a thing.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Huggerz
Profile Joined May 2011
Great Britain919 Posts
January 08 2012 13:27 GMT
#2189
Ultras can quite easily shit on tank lines - you need to obstruct them with planetaries, barracks, depots whatever. Late game, transitioning to viking, battlecruiser raven is much stronger than ground mech
“It's like poker. You can play your best, but you've got to know when to fold your cards and take a rest, and know when to hold your cards, hold your breath and hope that nobody else is stacking the deck."
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
January 08 2012 13:30 GMT
#2190
I mean I guess if you're gonna be making factory units, thors will do better than tanks. I still think a bio transition is better than an air transition but it might be better just to make a lot of thors.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
huehuehuehue
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Estonia455 Posts
January 08 2012 13:52 GMT
#2191
I have a question about TvP 1rax FE transitions. In what situations is it better to go for 3 rax techlabs and medivacs, and in what situations is it better to go 4 naked rax and put on some pressure?
Willzzz
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom774 Posts
January 08 2012 13:57 GMT
#2192
For me it would depend mainly upon the map, on a map with a relatively open natural I would be tempted towards 4 rax. So maps like XNC, Metalopolis, etc.

On maps with easy to defend naturals I would be more tempted towards medivacs. So maps like Shakuras or Antigua.

Mind you with 4 (mostly naked) rax you can still get pretty fast medivacs.
Snaiil
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden312 Posts
January 08 2012 16:16 GMT
#2193
On January 08 2012 22:52 huehuehuehue wrote:
I have a question about TvP 1rax FE transitions. In what situations is it better to go for 3 rax techlabs and medivacs, and in what situations is it better to go 4 naked rax and put on some pressure?

If the Protoss is playing greedy and goes gate nexus robo gate gate you can most of the time do some nice damage with 4 naked rax pressure, but not so much with 3rax medivacs. If he goes for a more gateway heavy expand you probably won't be able to do as much damage with the 4 naked raxes, but his robo units will be delayed so your medivac/marauder/marines will be really strong since gateway units are terrible when medivacs are out.
HallBregg
Profile Joined November 2010
134 Posts
January 08 2012 17:51 GMT
#2194
Hi guys! I usually open reactor helions in TvZ and I've been having problems with Z that build a few raches to defend and totaly shut down my helions. Then they can take a 3rd and get mutas as usual. The only down side for Z I've noticed is that mutas are 2-3 later than usual. What would be the proper way to respond to this? My two Ideas is to ethier push fast off two base, getting combat shields and 2-3 tanks, or just expand myself.What do you think?
proves and pilons
Ice714
Profile Joined January 2012
Australia24 Posts
January 08 2012 18:04 GMT
#2195
I was using Helions full on to attack drone lines, obviously still do that if you get the chance too but not if your going to lose any\many.... Deny creep then roll up with your back up units, tanks and rines \ rauders if roach.

Start your factory then save 400, build cc then go 4\6 helion harras and occupy him a bit and deny creep, at the same time swap your factory out and tech lab it and go siege \ tanks \ rines or rauders depending on what he has.

That's what I do anyways

If you see roaches coming, only get 4 helions max. Imo.
Terran
Snaiil
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden312 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-08 18:10:01
January 08 2012 18:07 GMT
#2196
On January 09 2012 02:51 HallBregg wrote:
Hi guys! I usually open reactor helions in TvZ and I've been having problems with Z that build a few raches to defend and totaly shut down my helions. Then they can take a 3rd and get mutas as usual. The only down side for Z I've noticed is that mutas are 2-3 later than usual. What would be the proper way to respond to this? My two Ideas is to ethier push fast off two base, getting combat shields and 2-3 tanks, or just expand myself.What do you think?

Seems like you are trying too hard to do damage with your hellions. The hellions aren't actually supposed to kill any drones, they are just supposed to give you full map control and deny all creep spread until the zerg commits to making more than his first 4 lings (which disrupts his economy).

Basically it all comes down to; if there's no safe damage to be done, don't try to do any damage. If you think you can kill drones without losing any of your hellions, then go for it. If you can't, just be happy with full map control and denying creep.

Also, never make more than 4 hellions unless you have some serious hellion attack planned or need them to defend. 2 is enough for map control, 4 can be nice sometimes though (especially on maps with wide open naturals).
HallBregg
Profile Joined November 2010
134 Posts
January 08 2012 18:13 GMT
#2197
On January 09 2012 03:07 Snaiil wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2012 02:51 HallBregg wrote:
Hi guys! I usually open reactor helions in TvZ and I've been having problems with Z that build a few raches to defend and totaly shut down my helions. Then they can take a 3rd and get mutas as usual. The only down side for Z I've noticed is that mutas are 2-3 later than usual. What would be the proper way to respond to this? My two Ideas is to ethier push fast off two base, getting combat shields and 2-3 tanks, or just expand myself.What do you think?

Seems like you are trying too hard to do damage with your hellions. The hellions aren't actually supposed to kill any drones, they are just supposed to give you full map control and deny all creep spread until the zerg commits to making more than his first 4 lings (which disrupts his economy).

Basically it all comes down to; if there's no safe damage to be done, don't try to do any damage. If you think you can kill drones without losing any of your hellions, then go for it. If you can't, just be happy with full map control and denying creep.

No,no,I'm not trying to kill lots of drones, only control watch towers, denying creep spread and delaying a third. But if zergs makes a few roaches (5-7) they can defend creep tumors and expand, the only thing helions seem to manage to do is hold watch towers, and maybe kill a tumor or two, but i feel that killing 1 tumor for a scan before I have to retreat cos of roaches is not worth it.
proves and pilons
Snaiil
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden312 Posts
January 08 2012 18:21 GMT
#2198
On January 09 2012 03:13 HallBregg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2012 03:07 Snaiil wrote:
On January 09 2012 02:51 HallBregg wrote:
Hi guys! I usually open reactor helions in TvZ and I've been having problems with Z that build a few raches to defend and totaly shut down my helions. Then they can take a 3rd and get mutas as usual. The only down side for Z I've noticed is that mutas are 2-3 later than usual. What would be the proper way to respond to this? My two Ideas is to ethier push fast off two base, getting combat shields and 2-3 tanks, or just expand myself.What do you think?

Seems like you are trying too hard to do damage with your hellions. The hellions aren't actually supposed to kill any drones, they are just supposed to give you full map control and deny all creep spread until the zerg commits to making more than his first 4 lings (which disrupts his economy).

Basically it all comes down to; if there's no safe damage to be done, don't try to do any damage. If you think you can kill drones without losing any of your hellions, then go for it. If you can't, just be happy with full map control and denying creep.

No,no,I'm not trying to kill lots of drones, only control watch towers, denying creep spread and delaying a third. But if zergs makes a few roaches (5-7) they can defend creep tumors and expand, the only thing helions seem to manage to do is hold watch towers, and maybe kill a tumor or two, but i feel that killing 1 tumor for a scan before I have to retreat cos of roaches is not worth it.

Then that is not that big of deal. Think of it like this: If you make 2 hellions and he makes 5-7 roaches, you've already done a lot of damage. That's 200 minerals spent for you, 7 roaches means 525 minerals, 175 gas and 5 larva for the zerg, which is a big victory for you. Not only that, but if the zerg wants the watch towers he has to have his roaches in a very vulnerable position.
TheDwf
Profile Joined November 2011
France19747 Posts
January 08 2012 19:39 GMT
#2199
On January 08 2012 14:09 scarper65 wrote:
What do you guys do to stop the really annoying helion reaper medivac elevator attack that people are doing a lot recently. I have lost to it doing both banshee and single reaper expands. I'm in masters

It's not that hard once you scout it. Signs are of course Lab Barracks, but most importantly early second gas (Reaper expands stay on one gas for some time). If your scan sees a naked Factory and a naked Starport, it's even more obvious. Be sure to have your Marines together and spread them in a line to minimize Hellion damage. Get a Hellion with your Factory if you went fast Banshee. Maybe you'll have to pull some SCVs with some builds, but it should be OK with good micro.

Here is a replay (high-Master level) of me scouting and defending this while going 1 rax FE with dual gas as a follow-up:

http://drop.sc/85481

Though my opponent showed his Medivac and Hellions, I knew it was coming anyway with my SCV scout (Lab Barracks, second gas in construction), and my scan confirmed it. Even if he had not lost his first Reaper, I would have defended this no problem: bunker at ramp to prevent Depot sniping, and Tank out to deal with the elevator.
KimJongChill
Profile Joined January 2011
United States6429 Posts
January 08 2012 20:26 GMT
#2200
On January 08 2012 22:30 Blazinghand wrote:
I mean I guess if you're gonna be making factory units, thors will do better than tanks. I still think a bio transition is better than an air transition but it might be better just to make a lot of thors.


Oh okay thanks. I've recently switched to Terran from zerg and for some reason TvZ is my worst match-up. I've been going full mech since it's simpler to play imo, but I suppose I should start learning how to mix in bio.
MMA: U realise MMA: Most of my army EgIdra: fuck off MMA: Killed my orbital MMA: LOL MMA: just saying MMA: u werent loss
Prev 1 108 109 110 111 112 460 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta32
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech131
RuFF_SC2 104
FoxeR 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1407
Shuttle 1365
Artosis 614
Dewaltoss 48
NaDa 27
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm172
League of Legends
Doublelift4046
Counter-Strike
taco 527
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox677
Other Games
summit1g8051
WinterStarcraft331
C9.Mang0292
ViBE126
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur186
Upcoming Events
OSC
20h 26m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 7h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 14h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 16h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.