• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:58
CEST 06:58
KST 13:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6086 users

The Protoss Help Me Thread - Page 336

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 334 335 336 337 338 432 Next
Make sure you read the OP before asking a question. Asking a question already addressed in the OP will result in moderation action.
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-26 20:06:17
September 26 2012 20:05 GMT
#6701
Other than the danger of proxies and various cheeses, it means your early game opening doesn't change wether you see something that looks like aggression or not. On the one hand that's pretty nice to have a build that can hold anything like alej's, but if you scout something greedy ish and you don't need to be safe vs 4gate to tech faster, might as well, especially when it comes to pvp.
Personally i 13 scout on 2 player maps checking proxy spots and core scout on 4 player maps going cross first (since the center is the only place where they can proxy).

Do you have a link to that Naniwa game? Are you sure it was 1gate FE and not some sort of gateway aggression/poke into expansion?
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
Arcainhunter
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
17 Posts
September 26 2012 20:07 GMT
#6702
How can you defend early mass marauders?
The world is like a giant book. If you don't travel it would be as if you only read 1 page of this book.
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
September 26 2012 20:13 GMT
#6703
Post a replay, you need to be more specific.

Generally with a standard opening like 1gate FE, you should be able to hold with gateway unit production off 2-3 gates (making about 2-3 sentries, a coupe of stalkers and rest zealots if he's massing marauders) and eventually an immortal or two. Against something like a 3rax stim allin you need to make sure to be hitting your forcefields, missing them or, as is more common in lower leagues, not trying to use them at all, will make early game bio look far scarier than it actually is. An example of holding a 3rax from another blue poster is here: http://drop.sc/103700
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
Geiko
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France2036 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-26 20:21:31
September 26 2012 20:20 GMT
#6704
On September 27 2012 05:05 Teoita wrote:
Other than the danger of proxies and various cheeses, it means your early game opening doesn't change wether you see something that looks like aggression or not. On the one hand that's pretty nice to have a build that can hold anything like alej's, but if you scout something greedy ish and you don't need to be safe vs 4gate to tech faster, might as well, especially when it comes to pvp.
Personally i 13 scout on 2 player maps checking proxy spots and core scout on 4 player maps going cross first (since the center is the only place where they can proxy).

Do you have a link to that Naniwa game? Are you sure it was 1gate FE and not some sort of gateway aggression/poke into expansion?


This was the game but it was 2 gate FE, my bad. (http://www.gomtv.net/2012gsls3/vod/67585/?set=3&lang=kor).
But the second gate is just there in case of early aggression I think because you can get out as many units as he did with 1 gate.

Would you be down for some games on the EU servers later next week to try out PvP builds ?
geiko.813 (EU)
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-26 20:35:33
September 26 2012 20:23 GMT
#6705
Hell yeah. I hardly played in the last month due to exams and i need to get some decent practice again. My accounts are teo.174 and synaris.296

edit: just watched the game, i more or less remembered it. The build Naniwa used actually gives him more units than you would with just a 1 gate fe, as the takes his nexus off like 3 stalkers and a couple of sentries; the gateways are never idle pre wg. The 3 stalkers in particular are nice because they give him map control and the ability to easily deny scouting. In fact, the 2gate FE monk talks about is, more or less, 3 stalker rush->2sentries->nexus->2more sentries from wg, which is pretty similar.
That said, in the last month or so in pro games i have seen more and more fast expands/immortal expands die to blink/obs. Pro's have started adding a warp prism to sentry drop after their first poke, so they blink in, ff half your army away, kill the first half and then kill the units that were guarding the natural. I have no idea how i would stop that.
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
kcdc
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2311 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-26 20:50:56
September 26 2012 20:40 GMT
#6706
On September 27 2012 04:43 monk. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2012 04:30 kcdc wrote:
On September 26 2012 23:04 monk. wrote:
On September 26 2012 22:53 Switch24 wrote:
Just a quick question, in PvP, if I want to go 1 gate expand into 3 gate robo, is it better to get 3 gates or robo first? I lost to a 4gate on Taldarim yesterday and the other guy said you can only go 4gate on that map because of no ramp. I seriously doubt that but I am not sure if I should get that robo first or the 3gates first.

He's generally right. You always have to 4 gate or do a talderim-specific anti-4 gate build on that map.

1 gate FE in PvP is a risky build and no matter what you do, it won't be safe unless you got some amazingly lucky scouting. 1 gate expand into robo seems especially bad unless you know your opponent went for a FE as well.


What build is less risky than 1 gate FE--especially if you scout your opponent on 2 gas?

Blink obs is considered the "safe" build, but it's countered by a lot of FE builds. There are less FE builds that counter blink obs on maps with lots of cliff line, but 1 gate FE into blink will wipe the floor with a blink obs build on any map.

Phoenix openings get rocked by gateway FE builds.

Robo openings are behind against 1 gate FE, especially if the FE build gets a couple sentries and then techs robo.

My point is that every PvP opening has a chance to be hard-countered. The risk associated with any given build is equal to the risk that your opponent will choose the hard counter to your build. FE builds are countered by early gateway pressure, which is pretty rare in the current metagame, especially as a follow-up to 2-gas openings. So while you're definitely not safe with a FE opening, you're not safe with any opening, and after scouting 2 gas, gambling that they won't do a warpgate timing is often one of your best bets.

I think this depends on your definition of "risky". It's generally accepted that all builds are less risky than 1 gate FE, and that's usually the kind of advice I seek to give. All the builds you've mentioned, including blink obs, phoenix, and robo openings are generally considered safer options, because they are still playable against every other build and don't get too far ahead of any build. In contrast, your definition takes into account the metagame; usually you will get ahead of 1 gate FE, but sometimes you will die. In other words, you'll always comes out significantly ahead of or behind of most other builds, which I would say is the very definition of risky. I suspect your reasoning also has to do with the NA metagame, where aggression and pressure are much less common compared to KR or the pro scene.

Another build wihch you didn't mention is the very popular 2 gate expand, which, imo is much "safer" than the 1 gate expand, even by your definition.

And honestly, are you going to tell newer players to open up 1 gate FE every game? This will lead to many silly loses and a warped sense of the game.


Yep, it depends on what you mean by "risky." People want to say that a build that guarantees that your main won't be dead at 8 minutes is "safe," but the way I see it, you're still dead if your opponent has double your economy and you have no viable timing to stop it.

I'd say a "safe" build like a phoenix opening is playable against 1 gate FE the same way 1 gate FE is playable against 4 gate. Which is to say you've lost unless your opponent royally screws up.

As for the 2 gate expand, sure, that plays out basically like a 1 gate expand. I don't think it's quite right to say that the 2 gate expand is safer tho. They're each safer in their own ways.

As for what I'd recommend for new players, I'd tell them to 4 gate every game. Then I'd tell them to 1 gate FE every game. From the 4 gating, you'll understand why tech builds work the way they do and you'll learn what the downsides are to 4 gate, and from the 1 gate FE'ing, you'll learn what the timings of each tech build are and what their weaknesses are.
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
September 26 2012 20:58 GMT
#6707
On September 27 2012 05:23 Teoita wrote:
Hell yeah. I hardly played in the last month due to exams and i need to get some decent practice again. My accounts are teo.174 and synaris.296

edit: just watched the game, i more or less remembered it. The build Naniwa used actually gives him more units than you would with just a 1 gate fe, as the takes his nexus off like 3 stalkers and a couple of sentries; the gateways are never idle pre wg. The 3 stalkers in particular are nice because they give him map control and the ability to easily deny scouting. In fact, the 2gate FE monk talks about is, more or less, 3 stalker rush->2sentries->nexus->2more sentries from wg, which is pretty similar.
That said, in the last month or so in pro games i have seen more and more fast expands/immortal expands die to blink/obs. Pro's have started adding a warp prism to sentry drop after their first poke, so they blink in, ff half your army away, kill the first half and then kill the units that were guarding the natural. I have no idea how i would stop that.

Wasn't that game a modified 2 gate FE? Could have sworn there were 2 gates before nexus.

Also, that warp prism build you're talking about has been on NA for a really long time, almost a year. I see some NA protosses do it a lot in tournaments as well, but I think it was first used by a Korean on a televised match a few weeks ago.
Moderator
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
September 26 2012 21:06 GMT
#6708
Yeah it was 2gate FE as Geiko posted. On EU i always got away with immortal expanding and after the first time i saw that build (MC vs Best in OSL) it scared the hell out of me.
I guess in the future you will probably have to keep most of your stalkers next to your ramp to keep the sentry from landing the ff at all, but even then it sounds pretty tought as he can blink in first and on most maps where blink/obs is common it opens up the rest of your main to harassment.
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
CrazyF1r3f0x
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States2120 Posts
September 26 2012 21:36 GMT
#6709
Any ideas on how to teach a brand new; never-played-the-game-before player who wants to play Protoss?
So far I'm just telling him to spend his money, and not get supply blocked, and letting him figure out what to build (at this point he knows the basics of units and stuff, but is still a bronzie). Any advice here would be helpful, I'm not really sure how MUCH info I should give him, and how fast.
"Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the overcompensations for misery."
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13425 Posts
September 26 2012 22:09 GMT
#6710
On September 27 2012 06:36 CrazyF1r3f0x wrote:
Any ideas on how to teach a brand new; never-played-the-game-before player who wants to play Protoss?
So far I'm just telling him to spend his money, and not get supply blocked, and letting him figure out what to build (at this point he knows the basics of units and stuff, but is still a bronzie). Any advice here would be helpful, I'm not really sure how MUCH info I should give him, and how fast.


You should just show him a game where all you do is make probes pylons and stalkers.

The reason he should make stalkers is because they hit air and ground and are OK vs most everything. At that low a level, no matter how many "counter" units the opponent has, if you can teach your friend to make more stalkers he should still win.

Alternatively you can teach him to make 50/50 zealots if you feel that a more "balanced" composition would help him.

Really, it all comes down to making sure your friend understands the simple basics:

How to make probes and use hotkeys to do it

How to make pylons and use hotkeys to do it

How to Attack move (I have seen SOOO many bronze players right click on a specific unit to issue an attack or move and wait for the units to start attacking on their own once they get there).
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
Geiko
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France2036 Posts
September 26 2012 22:09 GMT
#6711
On September 27 2012 06:36 CrazyF1r3f0x wrote:
Any ideas on how to teach a brand new; never-played-the-game-before player who wants to play Protoss?
So far I'm just telling him to spend his money, and not get supply blocked, and letting him figure out what to build (at this point he knows the basics of units and stuff, but is still a bronzie). Any advice here would be helpful, I'm not really sure how MUCH info I should give him, and how fast.


I told my friend to 4 gate every game with the exact BO. I told him I would teach him something else once he managed to warp in units before 5:42 at least 3 ladder games in a row.

He still hasn't finished the task and he is in diamond.

But I'm a lousy teacher

But seriously, that's how I learned.
geiko.813 (EU)
CrazyF1r3f0x
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States2120 Posts
September 26 2012 22:34 GMT
#6712
On September 27 2012 07:09 ZeromuS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2012 06:36 CrazyF1r3f0x wrote:
Any ideas on how to teach a brand new; never-played-the-game-before player who wants to play Protoss?
So far I'm just telling him to spend his money, and not get supply blocked, and letting him figure out what to build (at this point he knows the basics of units and stuff, but is still a bronzie). Any advice here would be helpful, I'm not really sure how MUCH info I should give him, and how fast.


You should just show him a game where all you do is make probes pylons and stalkers.

The reason he should make stalkers is because they hit air and ground and are OK vs most everything. At that low a level, no matter how many "counter" units the opponent has, if you can teach your friend to make more stalkers he should still win.

Alternatively you can teach him to make 50/50 zealots if you feel that a more "balanced" composition would help him.

Really, it all comes down to making sure your friend understands the simple basics:

How to make probes and use hotkeys to do it

How to make pylons and use hotkeys to do it

How to Attack move (I have seen SOOO many bronze players right click on a specific unit to issue an attack or move and wait for the units to start attacking on their own once they get there).

Luckily he loves stalkers; so that should work out fine.
"Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the overcompensations for misery."
Allred
Profile Joined November 2010
United States352 Posts
September 27 2012 02:09 GMT
#6713
does anyone know the best way to hold a 4 gate if... you want to go gate and then stargate. typically i get a zealot while my core is building, then a sentry, then a zealot and then another sentry out of my first gate and i get my second gas on 19 or 20. i always seem to have a hard time holding a fast 4 gate though. anyone know simple changes to hold this semi easily without just doing a different build?
An expert is a man who tells you a simple thing in a confused way in such a fashion as to make you think the confusion is your own fault. ~William Castle
JamesArk
Profile Joined April 2012
Canada37 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-27 02:57:52
September 27 2012 02:56 GMT
#6714
On September 27 2012 11:09 Allred wrote:
does anyone know the best way to hold a 4 gate if... you want to go gate and then stargate. typically i get a zealot while my core is building, then a sentry, then a zealot and then another sentry out of my first gate and i get my second gas on 19 or 20. i always seem to have a hard time holding a fast 4 gate though. anyone know simple changes to hold this semi easily without just doing a different build?


Welcome to heaven:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=302117

TL/DR:

17 zealot
20 gas #2
Stalker immediately after zealot
Stalker #2 chrono'd
Tech building of your choice/ Sentry

It allows you to hold a 4 gate dead with Force Fields and use your early zealot/stalker/stalker to fight off his incoming probe/zealot/stalker. Requires a bit of practice to get the Sentry out @ the earliest possible 4 gate time though.
hersimp
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway40 Posts
September 27 2012 20:47 GMT
#6715
Hi TL.
Diamond protoss here that just struggle to understand why i lost this PvP.
Lategame mass colossus wars can be quite frustrating sometimes, but this time i'm not completely sure exactly went wrong.
It felt like i was abit head most of the game, and had quite good control


Replay link here


Here's my thoughts of the game:

+ Show Spoiler +
Ok so in the early game i catch his stalkers at my watchtower. I only got 1 in plus, but i decided
to go for an expo. I scout he's going expo as well, so i can safely probe ut and be abit greedier for the moment.
Being the first to start upgrades and colossus prod (Only slightly tho). He went for his third slightly earlier than me,
but i had a few more probes. I see in the replay that i shouldnt stopped so early with the probe production,
but i still had more than him.
Then i had a quite successful harass. Killing 17 workers and a colossus with a zealot+dt multipronged attack.
Should have paid more attention to the DTs at his third to make sure they were killing probes.

We quite evened out with colossus production here, since i spent robo time on WP. We're both going dbl robo
at about the same time.
I did double forge tho, wich he didnt

After my harass i took a 4th not too long after.
Having almost full map vision made me feel very confortable in the situation, i also denied his 4th base.
Abit late, but I went for mothership just in case.

Then the battle comes. I can see hes eager to attack now.
This is where i need some feedback, since the battle went completely wrong for me.
I had a few more colossus, but he had more cannon fodder. I had 3-3 in upgrades to his 3-1



Own thoughts:
-should've spread the colossus more evenly so the all had a nice concave and range
-Should've premade way more gateways for quicker reinforcements


Questions:
-should've moved to the edge of the ramp maybe (would that have mattered since colossus have vision up anyway?)
-Was my unit composition not optimal? Did i need more immortals/archons in the mix?
-Should i have targeted his colossus with mine? or would that have been to risky due to his immortals/archons in the front?



Also feel free to add anything u want that might be helpful. Also about my build, wich is abit freestyle after i've expanded.
I do like to aquire ok map vision so i can add more gateways instead of gateway units. And rather produce out of my tech buildings
and play abit greedy maybe.
I dont feel it was greedyness that made me lose this game tho, but what do i know

Best regards, thanks in advance
CrazyF1r3f0x
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States2120 Posts
September 27 2012 21:26 GMT
#6716
On September 28 2012 05:47 hersimp wrote:
Hi TL.
Diamond protoss here that just struggle to understand why i lost this PvP.
Lategame mass colossus wars can be quite frustrating sometimes, but this time i'm not completely sure exactly went wrong.
It felt like i was abit head most of the game, and had quite good control


Replay link here


Here's my thoughts of the game:

+ Show Spoiler +
Ok so in the early game i catch his stalkers at my watchtower. I only got 1 in plus, but i decided
to go for an expo. I scout he's going expo as well, so i can safely probe ut and be abit greedier for the moment.
Being the first to start upgrades and colossus prod (Only slightly tho). He went for his third slightly earlier than me,
but i had a few more probes. I see in the replay that i shouldnt stopped so early with the probe production,
but i still had more than him.
Then i had a quite successful harass. Killing 17 workers and a colossus with a zealot+dt multipronged attack.
Should have paid more attention to the DTs at his third to make sure they were killing probes.

We quite evened out with colossus production here, since i spent robo time on WP. We're both going dbl robo
at about the same time.
I did double forge tho, wich he didnt

After my harass i took a 4th not too long after.
Having almost full map vision made me feel very confortable in the situation, i also denied his 4th base.
Abit late, but I went for mothership just in case.

Then the battle comes. I can see hes eager to attack now.
This is where i need some feedback, since the battle went completely wrong for me.
I had a few more colossus, but he had more cannon fodder. I had 3-3 in upgrades to his 3-1



Own thoughts:
-should've spread the colossus more evenly so the all had a nice concave and range
-Should've premade way more gateways for quicker reinforcements


Questions:
-should've moved to the edge of the ramp maybe (would that have mattered since colossus have vision up anyway?)
-Was my unit composition not optimal? Did i need more immortals/archons in the mix?
-Should i have targeted his colossus with mine? or would that have been to risky due to his immortals/archons in the front?



Also feel free to add anything u want that might be helpful. Also about my build, wich is abit freestyle after i've expanded.
I do like to aquire ok map vision so i can add more gateways instead of gateway units. And rather produce out of my tech buildings
and play abit greedy maybe.
I dont feel it was greedyness that made me lose this game tho, but what do i know

Best regards, thanks in advance

Looking over it, I'd say a large issue is the fact that you had 0 cannon fodder units, so even though you had 3 more colossus, because he had more zealots, you colossus will be taking damage first, so try to mix in a good number of tanks.
Also as a micro trick, walk a single colossus forward; while targeting enemy colossus with it, during fights like these, that will tie up some of the colossus, from splashing and damaging other units.
"Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the overcompensations for misery."
CougarsGonnaCoug
Profile Joined July 2012
United States18 Posts
September 28 2012 00:04 GMT
#6717
Ok, I have a really stupid question that my gold-level brain is really baffled by. How are you supposed to react to CC first builds in a PvT? Normally I try to go 1Gate FE, as many of you do, but I see the CC first and I just feel like even if I plant my Nexus now, I'm going to be way behind. One game I tried to do some damage by transitioning into 3Gate expand, and the next I just planted my Nexus at 20. Both times I lost miserably. I'd post replays but this is really more of a general question than a game-specific incidence. If it helps, one opponent went 16CC and another went a early as 14CC.
rsvp
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States2266 Posts
September 28 2012 00:13 GMT
#6718
On September 28 2012 09:04 CougarsGonnaCoug wrote:
Ok, I have a really stupid question that my gold-level brain is really baffled by. How are you supposed to react to CC first builds in a PvT? Normally I try to go 1Gate FE, as many of you do, but I see the CC first and I just feel like even if I plant my Nexus now, I'm going to be way behind. One game I tried to do some damage by transitioning into 3Gate expand, and the next I just planted my Nexus at 20. Both times I lost miserably. I'd post replays but this is really more of a general question than a game-specific incidence. If it helps, one opponent went 16CC and another went a early as 14CC.


You're not way behind if you just play standard, especially if you plant your nexus down before any gateway units.
Geiko
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France2036 Posts
September 28 2012 00:51 GMT
#6719
Just plant your nexus down as soon as you can after scouting CC first. You're just as far behind as standard 1 gate FE vs 1 rax FE in terms of FE timing.
geiko.813 (EU)
kcdc
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2311 Posts
September 28 2012 01:34 GMT
#6720
How much better is CC first than 1-rax FE? The 2nd CC is up slightly earlier, and you'll get extra MULE energy out of that CC, but you're gonna lose MULE energy from the first CC. And I'd imagine that Terrans would cut SCVs for a bit after the CC to get barracks up in time to not die. I'd imagine CC first isn't really that different than 1-rax FE.
Prev 1 334 335 336 337 338 432 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft406
RuFF_SC2 181
Nina 99
-ZergGirl 63
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2067
sorry 39
Bale 26
910 17
yabsab 13
ZergMaN 8
Icarus 7
NotJumperer 4
Dota 2
LuMiX1
League of Legends
JimRising 677
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1134
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox761
Other Games
summit1g7864
WinterStarcraft336
C9.Mang0266
Livibee160
Maynarde130
Sick126
ViBE78
ArmadaUGS39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick732
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream167
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2248
League of Legends
• Stunt410
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
6h 2m
Stellar Fest
8h 2m
The PondCast
1d 5h
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
OSC
1d 19h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.