• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:52
CEST 20:52
KST 03:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War315.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7974 users

PvZ InControl Coaching Session - Page 10

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All
eyeEX
Profile Joined June 2010
United States64 Posts
January 15 2011 18:30 GMT
#181
More people should do this! This is SO helpful! Thanks a lot man.
ìX
Garth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States353 Posts
January 15 2011 20:30 GMT
#182
I'm seeing definite results just from watching this video ty so much and thank you for answering my questions earlier. My first two craft cups I lost to two mid diamond zergs in the first round but now today I took out a master league zerg in the first round quite convincingly =D.
Khaladas
Profile Joined May 2010
United States223 Posts
January 15 2011 21:51 GMT
#183
On January 15 2011 14:48 L1F3 wrote:
I had a lesson with InControl yesterday on PvT, and I can't explain how helpful it was. I've played one PvT on ladder since then, and I ROLLED him. Where I had 4 bases on his 2, thanks InControl!


Did you record it? :D
time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a bananna
iamke55
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
United States2806 Posts
January 15 2011 21:55 GMT
#184
This roach/speedling all-in gives me a lot of trouble when I use this build... just got eliminated from the TeamSpeak TL SC2 Open because of it.

[image loading]

Any idea how to see it coming and react? I actually got very lucky that I didn't go into shark mode when it hit, or I would've lost all my units away from my cannon. I was able to stabilize eventually, but my tech was severely delayed and I couldn't catch up after that.
During practice session, I discovered very good build against zerg. -Bisu[Shield]
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-15 22:26:09
January 15 2011 22:25 GMT
#185
On January 16 2011 06:55 iamke55 wrote:
This roach/speedling all-in gives me a lot of trouble when I use this build... just got eliminated from the TeamSpeak TL SC2 Open because of it.

[image loading]

Any idea how to see it coming and react? I actually got very lucky that I didn't go into shark mode when it hit, or I would've lost all my units away from my cannon. I was able to stabilize eventually, but my tech was severely delayed and I couldn't catch up after that.


The only way to scout it is if you have your inital scouting probe alive on the map. You were caught off position and lost a lot of sentires because of it. Also, you have to zone the roaches out of range of the cannon so they can't hit it.
Moderator
ThePinkNinja
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom14 Posts
January 16 2011 12:59 GMT
#186
Thank you so much to both Khaladas and iNControl.

I'm only a newly silver level player but the tips in this video have helped me feel so much more confident in my PvZ which has always been my most dreaded matchup. Since seeing this I've been making much more use of sentries and stopped going so cannon heavy. I've also started getting blink upgrade for stalkers and no longer fear muta so much.

Before seeing this vid I'd never have considered paying for tutorials but now I've seen what actually goes on I think the benefit would be huge.

Anyone know if iNcontrol has an EU account for lessons or is it NA only?

Thanks again to Khaladas and of course the man himself.
xzumiex
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium100 Posts
January 16 2011 13:37 GMT
#187
Hi ThePinkNinja, I asked iNcontrol aswell for the coaching sessions, he only has a NA account.
The one thing u can do is like livestream ur play while he watch ur livestream and gives tips on skype
ThePinkNinja
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom14 Posts
January 16 2011 13:49 GMT
#188
Hiya xzumiex, thanks for that. It's a shame but thought that would be the case.

Hmm don't fancy the livestream route so much, will just have to make do without I guess
rifterstarfish
Profile Joined April 2010
29 Posts
January 16 2011 14:17 GMT
#189
Thanks for sharing this! I am watching right now. I had a coaching session with him and it was great, but it's nice to have a refresher.
Ah! You scared me!
LKCCOMANDER
Profile Joined November 2010
Costa Rica50 Posts
January 16 2011 16:31 GMT
#190
Amazing thanks so much for sharing Khaladas
"The AT Field is the light of my soul"~Kaworu
EliteReplay
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Dominican Republic913 Posts
January 16 2011 17:52 GMT
#191
hi, i have been watching TLOpen
and i ear Chill said that 4 colo are the magic number why? is this the safe number to move out?
few days ago i ear that 9 sentries PvZ are the magic number why? is this the safe number to not be overrun?
if play random i can't call any race imba?
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
January 16 2011 17:57 GMT
#192
On January 16 2011 22:49 ThePinkNinja wrote:
Hiya xzumiex, thanks for that. It's a shame but thought that would be the case.

Hmm don't fancy the livestream route so much, will just have to make do without I guess


I coach on EU now.
xzumiex
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium100 Posts
January 16 2011 18:12 GMT
#193
U do? great mate :D what to do when i want a session?
Wanny
Profile Joined January 2011
United States23 Posts
January 16 2011 18:35 GMT
#194
On January 06 2011 14:43 .kv wrote:
yeah PvZ is my worst MU as well...only efficient build I know is the Forge FE into 5 gate timing attack with +1 attacks

other than that, I need to figure out another way to beat Zerg


You can't be serious.......
YEssssa
Garth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States353 Posts
January 16 2011 20:21 GMT
#195
How much do lessons go for?
WhatMACHI
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia11 Posts
January 16 2011 22:11 GMT
#196
On January 17 2011 05:21 Garth wrote:
How much do lessons go for?


I believe he charges $50 an hour, check out gosucoaching.com for more info.
TheAntZ
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Israel6248 Posts
January 17 2011 02:50 GMT
#197
Is there any chance anyone could upload this VOD to any other filesharing service like mediafire? easyshare wont let me download for some reason. Thanks again for sharing this khaladas!
hope someone reuploads this, i really need help pvz
43084 | Honeybadger: "So july, you're in the GSL finals. How do you feel?!" ~ July: "HUNGRY."
Snaphoo
Profile Joined July 2010
United States614 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-17 11:20:56
January 17 2011 11:18 GMT
#198
Thanks very much to the OP for posting; I've been helped alot by watching this coaching session. I've gone from feeling helpless at executing anything but void ray all-ins at PvZ to settling into what I feel is a much more stable 3 warpgate opening. Incontrol's build seems very solid. However, I've felt kind of naked at points with regard to roaming around in "shark mode" while executing this strategy.

If any of you saw the Metalopolis or LT games tonight between NesTea and choyafou in the GSL RO8, NesTea busted out some speedlord doom drops in the main with hydralisks that viciously punished Choya for not having enough units (stargate opening). I realize that good scouting is key, but this seems like it would absolutely cripple a Protoss who does have units but whose army is outside the base engaging in "shark mode," or else initiate a base trade, which is pretty unstable. Choya tried to use FFs to block his ramp, but of course, force fields have little effect on a doom drop, so those sentries suddenly become little more than moderate damage-dealing snowglobes.

Have any of you had this type of Zerg play attempted against you while trying this style or have and/or have a replay of it?
Snaphoo
Profile Joined July 2010
United States614 Posts
January 18 2011 02:16 GMT
#199
bump!
Jayrod
Profile Joined August 2010
1820 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-18 04:54:12
January 18 2011 04:48 GMT
#200
Ya iamke ive been losing to it too, they just stop making drones at some point and just all in off 2 base. Their economy is a one base economy but they have a ton of larva. Basically, the advice my friend gave who is quite good... is that you need to constantly scout to see if theyre cutting workers and pumping units. observer is obviously one way but that always an option, and hallucinated phoenix could probably do good as well im guessing. I suck vs zerg though thats just the advice he gave me against this specific build. I feel zerg has a distinct advantage in this matchup on most maps. Its annoying becuase in your replay for instance he goes all in basically just to barely kill that nexus... then while you rebuild it, he takes his 3rd and one larva cycle puts him on the exact same amount of workers as you. Really frustrating to watch, my heart goes out to you and anyone else who gets "all-in'd" by a race that can recover over a 25 second period
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 533
ProTech159
UpATreeSC 60
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19960
Calm 3629
Mini 424
Mind 84
910 65
Free 63
soO 31
Trap 31
Aegong 23
Dota 2
Gorgc5189
XaKoH 296
canceldota56
Counter-Strike
fl0m6066
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3395
Other Games
FrodaN848
Beastyqt555
Liquid`Hasu288
Khaldor199
Livibee193
C9.Mang0140
Trikslyr126
RotterdaM118
IndyStarCraft 80
QueenE72
ZombieGrub28
BRAT_OK 25
MindelVK11
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 26
• FirePhoenix11
• Michael_bg 1
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV286
League of Legends
• Nemesis2304
Other Games
• imaqtpie757
• Shiphtur686
• tFFMrPink 5
• Scarra4
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 9m
Big Brain Bouts
15h 9m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
22h 9m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
Patches Events
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.