• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:17
CEST 04:17
KST 11:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9825 users

PvZ InControl Coaching Session

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
Khaladas
Profile Joined May 2010
United States223 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-29 21:44:52
January 06 2011 03:49 GMT
#1
I wanted to share with the community a coaching session I had with InControl today. It was a great session and I would highly recommend him as a coach. He is gracious enough to allow people to do this, so props to him.

http://livestre.am/yEJR

It's focused on my play vs zerg, hopefully it is helpful to you.

I also have the replays from the session if people are interested I can dig them out and post them somewhere as well.

Sorry for all the clicking noises during the replay, we were on skype and our mics were picking up everything apparently.

It's about 2 hours long so grab a snack and enjoy.

UPDATE 4
Now using MediaFire for hosting these, hope it works better for everyone.

New MediaFire Download Link!
DOWNLOAD FULL VIDEO

New MediaFire Replay Pack Link ad Replay Zipped Folder
DOWNLOAD Replay ZIP

time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a bananna
EliteReplay
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Dominican Republic913 Posts
January 06 2011 03:52 GMT
#2
thanks for this man really good stuff!!
if play random i can't call any race imba?
MassHysteria
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3678 Posts
January 06 2011 03:53 GMT
#3
awesome thanks for posting this. I saw a PvZ lesson he did before and I agree he is a great coach. Ofc thanks to iNcontrol, you the man
"Just ban all the J's...even jinklejoes" --unnamed source
happyness
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2400 Posts
January 06 2011 03:59 GMT
#4
Sweet man. PvZ is BY FAR my worst MU. Thanks a ton
.kv
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States2332 Posts
January 06 2011 05:43 GMT
#5
yeah PvZ is my worst MU as well...only efficient build I know is the Forge FE into 5 gate timing attack with +1 attacks

other than that, I need to figure out another way to beat Zerg
Khaladas
Profile Joined May 2010
United States223 Posts
January 06 2011 05:55 GMT
#6
Played a bunch of games afterward and I definitely felt more confident with the build he is proposing. I still need a lot more practice with it, but it is solid for sure. Doesn't rely on anything overly gimmicky or risky.

Now I need to do 2 more sessions so I can get my Protoss and Terran matchups squared away a bit better.
time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a bananna
N7Kevlar
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada9 Posts
January 06 2011 06:53 GMT
#7
Thanks for posting this VOD, even though I'm in bronze i still think i learned a lot :}

Are you going to upload those two sessions ?
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
January 06 2011 07:00 GMT
#8
=/ I hate having vods on livestream I'll see if I can d/l it for my itouch so I can do it when I wouldn't be productive anyways.
riboflavin
Profile Joined April 2010
United States226 Posts
January 06 2011 07:03 GMT
#9
I am watching now to see what I can learn. Thanks for sharing!

Also, I hope that you got the 'okay' from InControl before posting this. Please don't take my comments too harshly or create a whole sub debate on what I am about to say(I am not trying to thread crap or anything), but he might view his coaching and the tips he shared with you his IP. Rebroadcasting that without his permission is, at minimum, BM.

He seems a cool enough guy and all, so I'm sure it wouldn't even be a a big deal to him. But that is all the more reason to check with him first if you hadn't already!
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
January 06 2011 07:04 GMT
#10
He has given a unilateral OK to post all his awesome epic lessons
Noxie
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2227 Posts
January 06 2011 07:04 GMT
#11
Thanks for sharing! It is always helpful for any level of player or future coach to watch stuff like this to see how it goes. It is a learning tool for both ends!
Audi309
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States90 Posts
January 06 2011 07:11 GMT
#12
really helpful, thanks!
[HalcyoN]
Profile Joined May 2010
United States163 Posts
January 06 2011 07:22 GMT
#13
Thank you so much for posting these! iNcontroL is so awesome. I've learned quite a bit from watching VODs of him coaching.

If you see this KEEP UP THE AWESOMENESS!
"I'm already dead"
happyness
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2400 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-06 07:29:16
January 06 2011 07:28 GMT
#14
Watched a little over an hour or so. Learned a ton. That Incontrol guy is pretty smart

What amazed me was in the game Incontrol played I thought he was done after those lings killed a ton of his probes lol. At least for me I would've panicked and said the game was done for me if I was in that situation, but Inc ends up Rofl stomping the guy.

Also make sure to post your next sessions!
Zurachi
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada289 Posts
January 06 2011 07:28 GMT
#15
I'm a terran player and from watching/listening to this so far, I'm actually learning quite a bit! Definitely a lot of general points that help you lean towards more of a correct mindset.
@ZurachiTV | www.youtube.com/ZurachiTV | "Satisfaction is the beginning of regression."
holynorth
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States590 Posts
January 06 2011 07:28 GMT
#16
On January 06 2011 16:03 riboflavin wrote:
I am watching now to see what I can learn. Thanks for sharing!

Also, I hope that you got the 'okay' from InControl before posting this. Please don't take my comments too harshly or create a whole sub debate on what I am about to say(I am not trying to thread crap or anything), but he might view his coaching and the tips he shared with you his IP. Rebroadcasting that without his permission is, at minimum, BM.

He seems a cool enough guy and all, so I'm sure it wouldn't even be a a big deal to him. But that is all the more reason to check with him first if you hadn't already!


Unless there was fine print before the lessons were done, I don't see why. If anything, it would be BM for the payer to not be allowed to rebroadcast it without a notice prior to paying. He did pay for it, after all.
JonnyLaw
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3482 Posts
January 06 2011 07:39 GMT
#17
He bought the time.

Incontrol's coaching is great, watching now. Thanks for the post.
aquanda
Profile Joined January 2003
United States477 Posts
January 06 2011 07:39 GMT
#18
Khaladas: Sorry about my accidental leave during that first game, my nephew was being super obnoxious and I accidentally hit Surrender instead of Pause =(

I'm watching now just to see his commentary as I got stomped, should be interesting!
noD
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
2230 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-06 07:45:58
January 06 2011 07:45 GMT
#19
Nice coaching session, seems ubber useful xD
edit: Did u lose a pvz after that?
MuffinFTW
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States235 Posts
January 06 2011 07:51 GMT
#20
Awesome, love it when people share VODs of coaching from pros.
1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings132
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 77
PiLiPiLi 27
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1993
Bale 42
Dota 2
monkeys_forever535
NeuroSwarm194
League of Legends
Doublelift4408
Counter-Strike
taco 630
Other Games
summit1g7628
JimRising 542
C9.Mang0368
WinterStarcraft163
ViBE161
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick929
BasetradeTV178
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 110
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP96
• poizon28 32
• davetesta29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1144
• Shiphtur16
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
7h 43m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
9h 43m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 43m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 43m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Patches Events
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.