• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:56
CEST 04:56
KST 11:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War395.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9276 users

PvZ InControl Coaching Session - Page 3

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
Geovu
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Estonia1344 Posts
January 06 2011 22:55 GMT
#41
I have to say that it's funny to hear the mindless clicking and spamming in the beginning of the games

Really nice VOD btw, though honestly I'd still ask iNcontrol before posting this, I mean it IS a VOD of a paid lesson you're giving out for free. I'm sure a person like Idra would sue you or something if he realized you were putting up vods of his assloadexpensive coaching lessons. ;P
Even though iNcontrol seems like a pretty chill guy, second only to nony, imo it is common courtesy.
Sarang
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia2363 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-06 23:01:17
January 06 2011 23:00 GMT
#42
On January 07 2011 07:55 Geovu wrote:
I have to say that it's funny to hear the mindless clicking and spamming in the beginning of the games

Really nice VOD btw, though honestly I'd still ask iNcontrol before posting this, I mean it IS a VOD of a paid lesson you're giving out for free. I'm sure a person like Idra would sue you or something if he realized you were putting up vods of his assloadexpensive coaching lessons. ;P
Even though iNcontrol seems like a pretty chill guy, second only to nony, imo it is common courtesy.


He did ask - iNc is fine with it. Khaladas says so on the second page.

And there's been a tonne of these vods of iNcontroL casting - he wouldn't suddenly take issue with it.
"Killer helped me feel better before coming to the arena. He told me to say that." - Bomber
Qwyn
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2781 Posts
January 07 2011 00:39 GMT
#43
Thank you so much for this. I learned a lot, even though I don't play Protoss that much. InC is really awesome!
"Think of the hysteria following the realization that they consciously consume babies and raise the dead people from their graves" - N0
ShatterZer0
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1843 Posts
January 07 2011 02:07 GMT
#44
On January 06 2011 14:43 .kv wrote:
yeah PvZ is my worst MU as well...only efficient build I know is the Forge FE into 5 gate timing attack with +1 attacks

other than that, I need to figure out another way to beat Zerg


Try adding another gateway and making at maximum 44 probes, 16 at each of your 2 bases' minerals and 12 at the obligatory 4 gas.

Try out 3 Warpgate Sentry Expanding.
A time to live.
ShatterZer0
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1843 Posts
January 07 2011 02:09 GMT
#45
On January 06 2011 16:28 happyness wrote:
Watched a little over an hour or so. Learned a ton. That Incontrol guy is pretty smart

What amazed me was in the game Incontrol played I thought he was done after those lings killed a ton of his probes lol. At least for me I would've panicked and said the game was done for me if I was in that situation, but Inc ends up Rofl stomping the guy.

Also make sure to post your next sessions!


lol, "That Incontrol guy" is one of the best players in the world man xP

BTW iNcontrol is a Protoss player hahahahaha
A time to live.
Swien
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands14 Posts
January 07 2011 04:01 GMT
#46
http://livestre.am/yEJR

is this really the link? it's broken for me (I use google chrome)
FubsyGamr
Profile Joined July 2010
United States212 Posts
January 07 2011 05:13 GMT
#47
On January 07 2011 13:01 Swien wrote:
http://livestre.am/yEJR

is this really the link? it's broken for me (I use google chrome)

Yup I use Google Chrome, and it works just fine for me!
FubsyGamr
Profile Joined July 2010
United States212 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-07 05:25:14
January 07 2011 05:24 GMT
#48
Ok guys I decided to really analyze the 2nd half of the coaching, and I got the build order that iNcontroL is suggesting we use. It took a few go throughs, because there are times when he answers questions while distracted, and I actually believe he says something different than he actually does (an example is when he is asked "So you do nexus-->forge-->4th gateway?" and iNcontroL responds "yup" when in reality, he has been going nexus-->4th gateway-->forge the entire time).

Here's what I came up with:

p.s. For those unfamiliar with build order lists, every time supply goes up, but there is not a specific reason for it, like building a Zealot, it is to be increased through probe production

EGiNcontroL's 3-Gate FE (vs. Zerg) (based off of the coaching session provided in this thread)
9- Pylon (scout with this probe) (1)
13- Gateway (1)
15- Assimilator (1)
16- Pylon (2)
18- Cybernetics Core (1)
18- Zealot (1)
22- Assimilator (2)
23- Pylon (3)
24- WarpGate Technology
24- Sentry (1)
27- Gateway x2 (3)
28- Sentry (2)

From here, it seems to be a bit more open to what is happening. In my notebook, I have that he has the following 'checklist'

-8 Sentries (magical number)
-Once the 3 gates are done, make Nexus
-After Nexus starts, build 4th Gateway
-After Gateway starts, build Forge
-After Forge starts, put a pylon next to your 2nd Nexus
-Once Forge is done, place a cannon in between your 2nd Nexus and your ramp (for burrowed roaches and zergling run-bys)
-Once cannon begins, start +1 ATK upgrade**
-After starting +1 ATK, begin "Shark Mode"
-Once cannon finishes, build Robotics Bay (he builds it at the natural)
-After robotics starts, build 4th gas at natural

**Upgrade order**
+1 ATK
+1 Armor
-Twilight Council
+2 ATK
+3 ATK
+2 Armor
+3 Armor

Let me know if I missed anything!
AirbladeOrange
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2574 Posts
January 07 2011 07:23 GMT
#49
Thanks for posting this. I learned a good deal. Most protoss players unless they are very top diamond can probably learn from this.
Kage
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
India788 Posts
January 07 2011 09:47 GMT
#50
Khaaladas, thank you so much for this. Can you host it on youtube or some other place where we can download it for later viewing. Livestream doesn't allow downloads (even with the firefox plugin :-( ) and for those of us at work we cant view 2 hours of this.

Please please upload to youtube cheers..
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
January 07 2011 09:55 GMT
#51
glad you guys liked it And thanks to khaladas for sharing.. it is of course fine to do so

lots of great students taking time to share this stuff.. pretty cool
Dhezballah
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia12 Posts
January 07 2011 10:04 GMT
#52
Wow, thanks for posting this up for all of us! INControl seems like a pretty nice guy too.
Will definitely check out the full vid soon.
ProtossGirl
Profile Joined December 2010
England123 Posts
January 07 2011 11:15 GMT
#53
iNcontroL voted for best control.

Phwar Gate
SoftSoap
Profile Joined November 2010
United States170 Posts
January 07 2011 13:31 GMT
#54
On January 07 2011 14:24 Fubsywubkis wrote:
Ok guys I decided to really analyze the 2nd half of the coaching, and I got the build order that iNcontroL is suggesting we use. It took a few go throughs, because there are times when he answers questions while distracted, and I actually believe he says something different than he actually does (an example is when he is asked "So you do nexus-->forge-->4th gateway?" and iNcontroL responds "yup" when in reality, he has been going nexus-->4th gateway-->forge the entire time).

Here's what I came up with:

p.s. For those unfamiliar with build order lists, every time supply goes up, but there is not a specific reason for it, like building a Zealot, it is to be increased through probe production

EGiNcontroL's 3-Gate FE (vs. Zerg) (based off of the coaching session provided in this thread)
9- Pylon (scout with this probe) (1)
13- Gateway (1)
15- Assimilator (1)
16- Pylon (2)
18- Cybernetics Core (1)
18- Zealot (1)
22- Assimilator (2)
23- Pylon (3)
24- WarpGate Technology
24- Sentry (1)
27- Gateway x2 (3)
28- Sentry (2)

From here, it seems to be a bit more open to what is happening. In my notebook, I have that he has the following 'checklist'

-8 Sentries (magical number)
-Once the 3 gates are done, make Nexus
-After Nexus starts, build 4th Gateway
-After Gateway starts, build Forge
-After Forge starts, put a pylon next to your 2nd Nexus
-Once Forge is done, place a cannon in between your 2nd Nexus and your ramp (for burrowed roaches and zergling run-bys)
-Once cannon begins, start +1 ATK upgrade**
-After starting +1 ATK, begin "Shark Mode"
-Once cannon finishes, build Robotics Bay (he builds it at the natural)
-After robotics starts, build 4th gas at natural

**Upgrade order**
+1 ATK
+1 Armor
-Twilight Council
+2 ATK
+3 ATK
+2 Armor
+3 Armor

Let me know if I missed anything!


Yes, After nexus, put a pylon then a cannon hugging the nexus. Therefore it will pown the Burrowed Roaches.
Tasteless, "IdrA always pulls out on time."
Icebergue
Profile Joined December 2010
Portugal9 Posts
January 07 2011 14:00 GMT
#55
I only watched around half of it and found it very insightful. I wished there was a compendium with some sort of this lessons to help new players like me who are Bronze and have little experience in RTS games.
FubsyGamr
Profile Joined July 2010
United States212 Posts
January 07 2011 16:45 GMT
#56
On January 07 2011 22:31 SoftSoap wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2011 14:24 Fubsywubkis wrote:
Ok guys I decided to really analyze the 2nd half of the coaching, and I got the build order that iNcontroL is suggesting we use. It took a few go throughs, because there are times when he answers questions while distracted, and I actually believe he says something different than he actually does (an example is when he is asked "So you do nexus-->forge-->4th gateway?" and iNcontroL responds "yup" when in reality, he has been going nexus-->4th gateway-->forge the entire time).

Here's what I came up with:

p.s. For those unfamiliar with build order lists, every time supply goes up, but there is not a specific reason for it, like building a Zealot, it is to be increased through probe production

EGiNcontroL's 3-Gate FE (vs. Zerg) (based off of the coaching session provided in this thread)
9- Pylon (scout with this probe) (1)
13- Gateway (1)
15- Assimilator (1)
16- Pylon (2)
18- Cybernetics Core (1)
18- Zealot (1)
22- Assimilator (2)
23- Pylon (3)
24- WarpGate Technology
24- Sentry (1)
27- Gateway x2 (3)
28- Sentry (2)

From here, it seems to be a bit more open to what is happening. In my notebook, I have that he has the following 'checklist'

-8 Sentries (magical number)
-Once the 3 gates are done, make Nexus
-After Nexus starts, build 4th Gateway
-After Gateway starts, build Forge
-After Forge starts, put a pylon next to your 2nd Nexus
-Once Forge is done, place a cannon in between your 2nd Nexus and your ramp (for burrowed roaches and zergling run-bys)
-Once cannon begins, start +1 ATK upgrade**
-After starting +1 ATK, begin "Shark Mode"
-Once cannon finishes, build Robotics Bay (he builds it at the natural)
-After robotics starts, build 4th gas at natural

**Upgrade order**
+1 ATK
+1 Armor
-Twilight Council
+2 ATK
+3 ATK
+2 Armor
+3 Armor

Let me know if I missed anything!


Yes, After nexus, put a pylon then a cannon hugging the nexus. Therefore it will pown the Burrowed Roaches.

lol I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or serious, but that's what iNcontroL said to do...

:-D
FubsyGamr
Profile Joined July 2010
United States212 Posts
January 07 2011 16:47 GMT
#57
On January 07 2011 23:00 Icebergue wrote:
I only watched around half of it and found it very insightful. I wished there was a compendium with some sort of this lessons to help new players like me who are Bronze and have little experience in RTS games.

I just wanted to say, I think that you should definitely watch the rest of it. I found the second half to be...even more helpful, in some ways. It was really solid.

On a side note, how effective is this type of build against Terran and Protoss? I was playing on the ladder last night, and I REALLY liked how this build felt, when playing against Zerg. I felt very safe, and when I entered 'shark mode', I ended up decidedly winning the game right then and there. I decided to try it on Scrap Station as well, against Terran, and it did well, but that is obviously because of the map itself. Is there a variation for PvP and PvT? Or would you just do basically the exact same thing? (possibly moving the cannon for burrowed roaches to the minerals, for banshees?)
Entropia
Profile Joined April 2010
France103 Posts
January 07 2011 17:44 GMT
#58
On January 07 2011 18:55 {88}iNcontroL wrote:
glad you guys liked it And thanks to khaladas for sharing.. it is of course fine to do so

lots of great students taking time to share this stuff.. pretty cool


Thank you for letting the re-stream, I found it very interesting. You could maybe even make a show with your best lessons, I guess it would be watched a lot!

For example, some PvT
Geovu
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Estonia1344 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-07 18:10:06
January 07 2011 17:45 GMT
#59
On January 07 2011 08:00 Moonloop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2011 07:55 Geovu wrote:
I have to say that it's funny to hear the mindless clicking and spamming in the beginning of the games

Really nice VOD btw, though honestly I'd still ask iNcontrol before posting this, I mean it IS a VOD of a paid lesson you're giving out for free. I'm sure a person like Idra would sue you or something if he realized you were putting up vods of his assloadexpensive coaching lessons. ;P
Even though iNcontrol seems like a pretty chill guy, second only to nony, imo it is common courtesy.


He did ask - iNc is fine with it. Khaladas says so on the second page.

And there's been a tonne of these vods of iNcontroL casting - he wouldn't suddenly take issue with it.

Didn't notice the comment, no biggie I guess.

Learned a ton about PvZ even though I thought that I more or less 'had the matchup down', iNcontrol you're so awesome and such a ballin' dude! ;D
iamke55
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
United States2806 Posts
January 07 2011 17:54 GMT
#60
On January 08 2011 01:47 Fubsywubkis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2011 23:00 Icebergue wrote:
I only watched around half of it and found it very insightful. I wished there was a compendium with some sort of this lessons to help new players like me who are Bronze and have little experience in RTS games.

I just wanted to say, I think that you should definitely watch the rest of it. I found the second half to be...even more helpful, in some ways. It was really solid.

On a side note, how effective is this type of build against Terran and Protoss? I was playing on the ladder last night, and I REALLY liked how this build felt, when playing against Zerg. I felt very safe, and when I entered 'shark mode', I ended up decidedly winning the game right then and there. I decided to try it on Scrap Station as well, against Terran, and it did well, but that is obviously because of the map itself. Is there a variation for PvP and PvT? Or would you just do basically the exact same thing? (possibly moving the cannon for burrowed roaches to the minerals, for banshees?)


It doesn't work at all against protoss or terran. Adjusted variations of the opening can be used vs terran, but nothing remotely similar will work in pvp.
During practice session, I discovered very good build against zerg. -Bisu[Shield]
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings61
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 146
PiLiPiLi 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2823
ViBE146
Bale 28
Dota 2
monkeys_forever425
NeuroSwarm208
Counter-Strike
summit1g7475
taco 573
Other Games
JimRising 575
WinterStarcraft358
C9.Mang0284
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1028
BasetradeTV150
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP105
• poizon28 33
• davetesta26
• practicex 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1124
• Shiphtur217
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
7h 4m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
9h 4m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 4m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 4m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Patches Events
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.