• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:56
CEST 04:56
KST 11:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War395.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9276 users

PvZ InControl Coaching Session - Page 4

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12 13 Next All
Icebergue
Profile Joined December 2010
Portugal9 Posts
January 07 2011 17:54 GMT
#61
On January 08 2011 01:47 Fubsywubkis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2011 23:00 Icebergue wrote:
I only watched around half of it and found it very insightful. I wished there was a compendium with some sort of this lessons to help new players like me who are Bronze and have little experience in RTS games.

I just wanted to say, I think that you should definitely watch the rest of it. I found the second half to be...even more helpful, in some ways. It was really solid.

On a side note, how effective is this type of build against Terran and Protoss? I was playing on the ladder last night, and I REALLY liked how this build felt, when playing against Zerg. I felt very safe, and when I entered 'shark mode', I ended up decidedly winning the game right then and there. I decided to try it on Scrap Station as well, against Terran, and it did well, but that is obviously because of the map itself. Is there a variation for PvP and PvT? Or would you just do basically the exact same thing? (possibly moving the cannon for burrowed roaches to the minerals, for banshees?)


I will for sure today and I will be looking forward to the 2 next lessons vs Terran and Protoss if Khaladas restreams it.


Thank you for letting the re-stream, I found it very interesting. You could maybe even make a show with your best lessons, I guess it would be watched a lot!


Indeed, would be awesome.
SethDrone
Profile Joined September 2010
United States51 Posts
January 07 2011 21:43 GMT
#62
Watched the whole 2 hours, I always enjoy his coaching vid's and it was pretty good. I'd love to see some more of InControl's training in PvZ with some higher diamond toss.
resilve
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United Kingdom678 Posts
January 08 2011 00:16 GMT
#63
Assuming Incontrol reads this, I just want to say how mindblowing that session was for me....

I am exactly in the same place as this protoss, give or take a few personal foibles and quirks, and everything really resonated with me. I dont have the ability to pay for coaching, but I have always been very dismissive of the idea of such things (i.e thinking things such as "you dont need golf lessons, just teach yourself if you are smart and want/practice hard enough") but the basic points tailored to the individual really changes that.

No reason to post this really, except because I cant believe how much my perceptions have been reversed of gaming-coaching, in both the effectiveness and proffessional aspects.
Socke Fighting!!!!
Arolis
Profile Joined October 2010
United States496 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-08 03:12:44
January 08 2011 03:11 GMT
#64
Resilve, you should look up some of Mr. Bitter's videos where InControl and Machine coach him on Zerg. Those videos made me want to switch to Zerg for a while but this one makes me want to stick with Protoss and work on some pretty big similar issues. Like not constantly keeping my army moving while faking aggression and getting caught with my army out of position. And my third expansion timing is about a colossus production cycle too slow.

Hoping that a PvT coaching session comes out. My PvT and ZvT matchup is so bad. Even my TvT is horrible.
Pankaks
Profile Joined October 2010
United States32 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-08 05:17:28
January 08 2011 05:12 GMT
#65
Wow, thank you for posting this Khaladas and thank you to Incontrol for allowing your students to share their sessions.

I had the same problem as you in that, I am a really passive player and that gets me killed in PvZ. The whole "shark mode" bit was a huge revelation for me. I had my doubts about coaching but, Incontrol is one amazing teacher.

If it's not too much trouble would you mind posting a replay of the very last game (Incontrol vs.aquanda)? I really want to perfect the 3-gate expand build he does.
Nydaeli
Profile Joined January 2011
United States30 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-08 05:33:29
January 08 2011 05:33 GMT
#66
Thanks for sharing this, it's very informative and will definitely help me with my Protoss/PvZ. Shark Mode is awesome.
thesauceishot
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada333 Posts
January 08 2011 10:25 GMT
#67
This is awesome. I usually always do blink stalkers in PvZ, but this has inspired me to play standard. It's quite fun.
lowlypawn
Profile Joined January 2009
United States241 Posts
January 08 2011 10:53 GMT
#68
Nice, posting so I can find this thread later. Thanks for sharing.
eclipsE90
Profile Joined October 2010
United States5 Posts
January 08 2011 17:37 GMT
#69
I wish I could see what InControl would advise build-wise for the other matchups because that heavy sentry play early on is God-like for me when playing against Zerg (I hate dying early!). Maybe it would work for the other MUs? Although the collosi war that is PvP dictates getting collosis Asap =/.

PS InControl is just freaking hillarious. Every time I watch SOtG I laugh my ass off because of him. I would take his coaching session (If i was good enough to need pro coaching lol) just for the humor!
GET TO THE CHOPPA -Arnold Swartzenager
fil
Profile Joined December 2010
1 Post
January 08 2011 19:21 GMT
#70
great stuff can u share ur other sessions too?
ApBuLLet
Profile Joined September 2010
United States604 Posts
January 08 2011 19:58 GMT
#71
I'm only a few minutes in and so far it is quite the button mashing frenzy with you guys and your mechanical keyboards lol. But I always like watching coaching sessions of the guys at gosucoaching so thank you very much for sharing this with everyone!
aquanda
Profile Joined January 2003
United States477 Posts
January 09 2011 04:34 GMT
#72
On January 08 2011 14:12 Pankaks wrote:
Wow, thank you for posting this Khaladas and thank you to Incontrol for allowing your students to share their sessions.

I had the same problem as you in that, I am a really passive player and that gets me killed in PvZ. The whole "shark mode" bit was a huge revelation for me. I had my doubts about coaching but, Incontrol is one amazing teacher.

If it's not too much trouble would you mind posting a replay of the very last game (Incontrol vs.aquanda)? I really want to perfect the 3-gate expand build he does.

I can upload them on Monday when I am back at home if they aren't posted by then by someone else.

And yes, being a passive P will always get you killed :D Pressuring the Z is so essential to keeping him honest with his army size. If I see P holed up in his base with no attempt to fight for map control I see this as a weakness and exploit it (usually through expansions).

The whole 'shark mode' term is pretty awesome, I totally agree!
Pankaks
Profile Joined October 2010
United States32 Posts
January 09 2011 07:14 GMT
#73
Much appreciated aquanda, thank you ^_^.
3nvy
Profile Joined August 2010
New Zealand24 Posts
January 09 2011 08:08 GMT
#74
Does this get to 56 seconds then stop streaming for anyone else?

I really want to watch this! >_<
I can't build there, there's something in the way.
Sabu113
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States11110 Posts
January 09 2011 08:17 GMT
#75
Quite useful. Thank you Khal and Inc.
Biomine is a drunken chick who is on industrial strength amphetamines and would just grab your dick and jerk it as hard and violently as she could while screaming 'OMG FUCK ME', because she saw it in a Sasha Grey video ...-Wombat_Ni
timwac
Profile Joined October 2010
Scotland93 Posts
January 09 2011 09:54 GMT
#76
Thanks this is great, I am about the same level as you and had a lot of the same questions as you PvZ
DeMusliM | NonY | ThorZaIN
Danglars
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States12133 Posts
January 09 2011 13:21 GMT
#77
Don't be the turtle toss, be the SHARK TOSS!

I seriously think InControl's description of "Perceived Agression" and entering into "Shark Mode" eclipses any other description I've heard. It crosses even into Zerg and Terran matchups (Zerg perhaps not so much in ZvT until Mutas). You want your opponent to never feel quite safe. You want his assertion of map control to be met very specifically. You want him to never know when it is a superb time to counter. You're dancing the Protoss Death Ball to do a multitude of tasks for you, the least of which is free scouting and lucky breaks on positioning.

Good share Khaladas, love it! Showed it to all my Platinum friends struggling with map presence and midgame/lategame strategies
Great armies come from happy zealots, and happy zealots come from California!
TL+ Member
inFeZa
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Australia556 Posts
January 09 2011 13:36 GMT
#78
The link doesn't work for me
Starcraft 2 in-game Observer. Follow me twitter.com/infeza
Wedgenet
Profile Joined May 2010
United States7 Posts
January 09 2011 14:51 GMT
#79
Thanks for posting this! It was very educational, and I've been able to apply a lot of the lesson to my own play. I suspect InControl will have some new students soon.
Davildo
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden21 Posts
January 09 2011 15:06 GMT
#80
Thank you for sharing this with us!

Now that I've seen this session on more standard play it will be easier for me to plan a coaching session were I can focus on my personal flaws in PvZ.

Would probably not have booked one if I had not seen this
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings61
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 146
PiLiPiLi 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2823
ViBE146
Bale 28
Dota 2
monkeys_forever425
NeuroSwarm208
Counter-Strike
summit1g7475
taco 573
Other Games
JimRising 575
WinterStarcraft358
C9.Mang0284
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1028
BasetradeTV150
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP105
• poizon28 33
• davetesta26
• practicex 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1124
• Shiphtur217
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
7h 4m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
9h 4m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 4m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 4m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Patches Events
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.