• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:54
CEST 10:54
KST 17:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202616Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7213 users

PvZ InControl Coaching Session - Page 12

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 Next All
GiygaS
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada1043 Posts
January 22 2011 22:50 GMT
#221
I'll upload that now.

Anyway, I had this game with my friend yesterday, and it bothered me. Basically, he did a roach ling all-in, right around the time I moved out in shark mode, in the middle of the Xel'naga caverns map. If anyone can give me some advice, I would greatly appreciate it.

Here's the rep:
[image loading]
AKA gigyas, gigas, giygas khan, giyga khan, giyga...
ALang
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada288 Posts
January 22 2011 23:01 GMT
#222
I really like the idea of 'shark mode' to new players. It basically sums up exactly what you're supposed to be doing in two words. One thing I don't like is getting 8-9 sentries, I feel it delays the time you can go into 'shark mode' by too much. I think pressuring earlier is always better and I don't think waiting until 10 minutes is ideal. A lot of the time if you don't wait for 8-9 sentries and move to stalker zealot a little quicker on 3 gates, you can do serious damage very early or worst case back off and regroup as you expo.
GiygaS
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada1043 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-23 07:05:25
January 23 2011 07:04 GMT
#223
So here's the upload link for the Mpeg4 file, i'm including it here so that people who really want to see it now, can see it, and it can later be uploaded to own3d.tv. So here it is: Incontrol PvT
AKA gigyas, gigas, giygas khan, giyga khan, giyga...
GiygaS
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada1043 Posts
January 23 2011 21:24 GMT
#224
Id really like some help with my rep, my initial thoughts are to not even enter "shark mode". Cause this stuff is all my friend can seem to do. But isn't that bad? How should I know he's doing these all-ins? Is there a warning sign?
AKA gigyas, gigas, giygas khan, giyga khan, giyga...
Gecko
Profile Joined August 2010
United States519 Posts
January 26 2011 20:02 GMT
#225
On January 23 2011 16:04 L1F3 wrote:
So here's the upload link for the Mpeg4 file, i'm including it here so that people who really want to see it now, can see it, and it can later be uploaded to own3d.tv. So here it is: Incontrol PvT

Holy crap this VOD was helpful, thanks man!
Thorxes
Profile Joined January 2011
United States119 Posts
January 26 2011 20:27 GMT
#226
Does anyone know if anyone else has posted VOD's of their coaching sessiosn with Incontrol or anyone else?

I think they're a huge help, and assist in selecting a coach that works best for the way you learn the game.

I found a few key differences between incontrol and response and just wanted to get a better feel for other coaching styles before forking over $50-$100.
I feel like I used to be smarter....but that's when I knew less.
DarQraven
Profile Joined January 2010
Netherlands553 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-26 22:36:56
January 26 2011 22:28 GMT
#227
Yeah, having some pretty big trouble with these roach all-ins using this build.

While it's been helpful to really focus my mind on macro macro macro mode, I feel the build needs work before I can reliably use this in Silver league. Problem is that Z 1base roach all-ins more often than not, which leaves me with a robo that's too late to defend with Immortals, a couple of sentries that can only hold my main base (so have to cancel expo if this happens), and that's when the money starts piling up.

With no really effective way to break out of my base and expand until two minutes later, I'm giving Zerg a free expansion and two-minute powerdroning session, all the while stockpiling minerals that I can't spend yet.

Problem is mostly that, on my level, the only way to really scout is looking directly at their base. Looking at their army tells you next to nothing, since opponents will quite often go into very bizarre unit compositions and tech switches.

So - let's say I scout that even at 20 food, the Z hasn't expanded yet. By this time, he's probably planted his Warren. How do I transition from there? :/ Seems from that point on, the Zerg is pressuring my with their potential all-in instead of me doing that to them in shark mode.
HyPeRcAiNe
Profile Joined October 2010
13 Posts
January 26 2011 23:22 GMT
#228
can someone re-host this somewhere better

this download is taking forever
Monk___
Profile Joined March 2010
United States123 Posts
January 27 2011 07:20 GMT
#229
not to be negative or sound like an asshole, but for a mid to high masters is this a valuable watch? I'm just curious cause its 2 hours long and I'm not sure if a lot of the coaching is based on improving mechanics or whatever or if there is really in depth stuff as far as strategy as well.
MementoMori
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada419 Posts
January 28 2011 16:41 GMT
#230
On January 27 2011 16:20 Monk wrote:
not to be negative or sound like an asshole, but for a mid to high masters is this a valuable watch? I'm just curious cause its 2 hours long and I'm not sure if a lot of the coaching is based on improving mechanics or whatever or if there is really in depth stuff as far as strategy as well.


I'd say it's worth it in a way. I watched it and I'd say that yeah there's some more obvious things in there, but it's always good to hear some of those things get reinforced too. I'd just skip through them playing the first game and get to the replay analysis.

On a sidenote, very impressed with inconrol's coaching. Nice job man
for the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
Khaladas
Profile Joined May 2010
United States223 Posts
January 29 2011 21:46 GMT
#231
Updated the replay and download link to use MediaFire, which seems to work better for everyone.
time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a bananna
Malloy
Profile Joined June 2007
Canada166 Posts
February 01 2011 20:27 GMT
#232
On January 27 2011 07:28 DarQraven wrote:
Yeah, having some pretty big trouble with these roach all-ins using this build.

While it's been helpful to really focus my mind on macro macro macro mode, I feel the build needs work before I can reliably use this in Silver league.


You should be scouting the roach all-in and adapting the build. Re-watch how iNcontroL scouts. He looks for the pool, then the gas, then delays the expansion. If that expansion doesn't happen...you need to modify your build. Send the probe in the base and look for lings or the Roach Warren. If the pool isn't building speed and you see the Roach Warren...get a cannon at your wall and build some stalkers. Only expand AFTER you defeat the push. The Zerg will be WAY behind.

You can't take a build and do the exact same thing every game, you need to adapt to what information you pull out of your opponent.

In silver league, the Zerg will also have a delayed push and will likely not be macroing at home while he is doing it. Take this to your advantage and keep making probes and pylons. When you beat the attack and expand, you will be able to saturate very quickly, and get a robo up really fast.

Also note that the initial sentries can be used to continiously block your ramp for a long time...Z will not be able to get around your force fields until burrow...and a P on one base is stronger than a Z on one base. Especially if only one hatch is present.
Canyarion
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands14 Posts
February 19 2011 19:10 GMT
#233
I'm watching the video now. Thanks.
But man, that nervous needless clicking/buttonbashing is annoying to hear.
Kogut
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States147 Posts
February 19 2011 19:37 GMT
#234
On February 20 2011 04:10 Canyarion wrote:
I'm watching the video now. Thanks.
But man, that nervous needless clicking/buttonbashing is annoying to hear.


They are both using mechanical keyboards, so you're hearing every click. It's not buttonbashing.
CHILL GET OUT
Canyarion
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands14 Posts
February 19 2011 19:50 GMT
#235
I meant the rediculous high apm while nothing is happening. I guess a lot of players are too nervous to stay calm during their matches. =)
Ero-Sennin
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States756 Posts
February 19 2011 19:55 GMT
#236
Have you never played Brood War?
Luck makes talent look like genius.
Canyarion
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands14 Posts
February 19 2011 21:40 GMT
#237
Not online.

I know that apm helps, but I also know it's possible to have a low apm when you don't need a lot of actions. I'm high diamond and my average apm is around 50.
dunc
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands1105 Posts
March 18 2011 17:44 GMT
#238
Bumping this since it's very useful.

The first mediafire link doesn't work but at least the stream does!
CarlJ
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada1 Post
March 18 2011 21:27 GMT
#239
Hey Khaladas,

First off, thanks for sharing your coaching session.

I'm at the 20 minute mark of your first game, and just wanted to mention a few things that I noticed, before continuing to watch the rest of it.

- I might have missed it, but it didn't look like you Chrono'd your warp gates.
- You need to scout a lot more. You had the early probe in his base, and a obs. But the obs pretty much stayed in his expo, and you didn't view what he had.
- Right now you have one massive control group with all of your units.
- Pylons, pylons, pylons. There were a few times (76 units) that you were supplied blocked.
- Move out. You seemed to mostly so far stayed at your bases. You did start to move out, but then pulled back. After that, you can see on your mini map that he had creep at both golds (didn't notice if he had a base at either one of them or both).

In a nutshell, you had no idea where he was, or what he was going for. For all you know he could of been massing up Broodlords + Corruptors and maybe some Ultras. You should use more obs out on the field, and should be harassing him, forcing him to tech switch, and limiting the number of bases he has.

Now back to the rest of the video.

Once again, thanks.

Carl J
LeCruci
Profile Joined January 2011
Romania403 Posts
March 24 2011 22:03 GMT
#240
What is the price for a session with incontrol? I don't know if i'm allowed to ask this, ignore the question if you can't say. I'm thinking to take a couple of lessons myself.
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 14h 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3052
Soma 351
Rush 290
Killer 120
BeSt 115
ToSsGirL 92
Mong 85
Shinee 66
Dota 2
Gorgc691
Counter-Strike
olofmeister700
byalli584
ceh9541
shoxiejesuss454
edward7
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King94
Other Games
summit1g7483
gofns3901
Happy325
dupreeh261
Sick219
crisheroes186
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 46
• killerbeecast9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix15
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1353
• Stunt428
Upcoming Events
OSC
14h 6m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 1h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 8h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 10h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.