• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:23
CEST 16:23
KST 23:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon104
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6407 users

TeamLiquid Mapping Contest #2 - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
501 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 26 Next All
chipmonklord17
Profile Joined February 2011
United States11944 Posts
April 19 2013 04:30 GMT
#141
I wish I actually knew what I was doing on the map editor. I have an image of a map in my head that I couldn't possibly make a reality
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
April 19 2013 04:56 GMT
#142
Working on some maps! Fun fun, gl to all participants!
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
Coppermantis
Profile Joined June 2012
United States845 Posts
April 19 2013 04:59 GMT
#143
Woot. Hope we get some good stuff out of this. I'm going to do my best get some decent stuff together and of course lose horribly, but it'll be fun to see what everyone else comes out with. :D
Burns
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2300 Posts
April 19 2013 05:14 GMT
#144
I loved the first map to come out of the TL map contest
Cloud Kingdom was a great map

I hope the next winner of the map making contest can achieve the same success
What do you mean you heard me during the night, these are quiet pants!
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
April 19 2013 05:25 GMT
#145
On April 19 2013 08:41 Fatam wrote:
"How to Make a Starcraft II Melee Map" - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=407568
(video link in thread)

Thought I'd post this for anyone interested in making a map for the contest but is new to mapmaking - I thought this guy did a pretty good job of covering the basics.

Yeah this is a good thing to highlight for newbies thinking about jumping in.
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
LastDance
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
New Zealand510 Posts
April 19 2013 05:57 GMT
#146
time to make a sick rising larva map!! with deep freeze!

I can just imagine it already: MVP with his MMM composition out on the larva zone, then suddenly, without any notice what so ever a deep freeze hits! frozen in the larva zone, the surge timer ticks - 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 -unfreeze- MVP lifts and saves his units!!! and then MC flies in his phoenixes and cleans up the loaded medivacs.

gg
DirtyBirD
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States239 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-19 06:37:17
April 19 2013 06:36 GMT
#147
I hope to see some interesting maps. Things like gas only expansions, expansions that have like 3 gold patches mixed in, 1 gas in main and high yield gas at nat or something would be interesting to see.
sMi.DirtyBirD
Fearlezz
Profile Joined April 2010
Croatia176 Posts
April 19 2013 06:43 GMT
#148
The only bad thing about this contest is that we will have a deserted custom maps forum from this point up to when the contest finishes with people focusing on the maps they intend to submit :/
vol_
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia1608 Posts
April 19 2013 07:11 GMT
#149
Awesome! Hope to see some great new maps from this, gl hf to all participants!
Jaedong gives me a deep resonance.
Balgrog
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States1221 Posts
April 19 2013 07:47 GMT
#150
*turns off lights and looks in the bathroom mirrors.*

IronmanSC

IronmanSC

IronmanSC
The only way to attack structure is with chaos.
Zerg.Zilla
Profile Joined February 2012
Hungary5029 Posts
April 19 2013 07:58 GMT
#151
On April 19 2013 16:47 Balgrog wrote:
*turns off lights and looks in the bathroom mirrors.*

IronmanSC

IronmanSC

IronmanSC

...and suddenly a wild Bloody Mary appears xD
(•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■) ~Keep calm and inject Larva~
AKnopf
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Germany259 Posts
April 19 2013 08:29 GMT
#152
I wish I had touched the Editor for once in those years of SC2., now.

Well, good luck to all mappers! Im looking forward to play those maps on the ladder.

More fluctuation in the ladder map pool would be good in general, btw.
The world - its a funny place
RubiksCube
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Germany259 Posts
April 19 2013 09:10 GMT
#153
I hope they take the 8 top spots for team maps of this for the 2v2 ladder and get rid of the stuff they have now.
Greendotz
Profile Joined October 2011
United Kingdom2053 Posts
April 19 2013 11:34 GMT
#154
I really want to see a Kulas Ravine Redux, with added rocks.
lefix
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany1082 Posts
April 19 2013 13:00 GMT
#155
On April 19 2013 13:30 chipmonklord17 wrote:
I wish I actually knew what I was doing on the map editor. I have an image of a map in my head that I couldn't possibly make a reality

Go for it, it takes about 15minutes to learn everything neccesary. Just look up some youtube tutorial video
Map of the Month | The Planetary Workshop | SC2Melee.net
Kohoru
Profile Joined January 2013
Sweden12 Posts
April 19 2013 13:04 GMT
#156
how do you measure distance?
i know its in seconds but at what speed???
RorO. period
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
April 19 2013 13:35 GMT
#157
Use a worker to time it, use in game timer (which should be consistent across all speeds)
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
TheFish7
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States2824 Posts
April 19 2013 14:17 GMT
#158
On April 19 2013 12:06 NewSunshine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2013 11:15 TheFish7 wrote:
On April 19 2013 04:01 Plexa wrote:
On April 19 2013 03:34 Ragnarork wrote:
Mmh, I was wondering, is it possible to do things like using (except main and natural spots) mineral only expansions, 1-high-yield geyser, etc ?

Mineral only expansions might be permitted, I'll ask Blizzard about this because I know that one of the 3v3 maps in the pool has a mineral only gold expansion.


I am also really wondering about high yield geysers

I mean its not like you are using the data editor for those, they are already a part of the melee dependencys

I wouldn't try to use them, let's put it that way


Haha, well I certainly won't be trying any funny business with the team maps at least

But I am still wondering if we are even allowed to enter maps with high yield geysers at all, I do understand that weird bases will not gain us any bonus points.

I have a question about how to submit, the rules say to PM the map files, but how do you attach a file to a PM? Also, should we be submitting all our maps in one PM or separate PMs for each map? Thanks!
~ ~ <°)))><~ ~ ~
Aeonic
Profile Joined September 2011
Canada1 Post
April 19 2013 15:07 GMT
#159
I'd love to see some new team maps, that would be great.

Maps that are a little more long game oriented perhaps. Maps that dont allow you to be rushed with a 100% chance of loss. Something along those lines.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
April 19 2013 15:30 GMT
#160
We should have one of these like every 3 months or something
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 969
WardiTV808
OGKoka 259
Rex141
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 259
Rex 141
ProTech140
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2784
Shuttle 1668
EffOrt 838
BeSt 638
Light 403
Mini 366
firebathero 356
ZerO 277
ggaemo 269
Stork 264
[ Show more ]
Rush 177
Barracks 120
Shine 89
Zeus 80
Sea.KH 67
Killer 59
Hyun 42
Yoon 40
sorry 36
Shinee 30
ToSsGirL 29
Sexy 28
Mong 27
Aegong 26
Terrorterran 25
Bale 20
soO 17
HiyA 16
Sacsri 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
yabsab 9
zelot 7
Noble 6
Dota 2
qojqva3643
Dendi1932
BananaSlamJamma311
LuMiX1
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes463
Other Games
singsing2247
olofmeister1621
hiko1044
B2W.Neo846
Lowko348
Pyrionflax230
Sick195
Liquid`VortiX190
ArmadaUGS105
Mew2King47
ZerO(Twitch)12
Liquid`RaSZi4
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream542
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 5
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH295
• mYiSmile15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2309
• Nemesis1825
• TFBlade476
Other Games
• WagamamaTV269
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
1h 37m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 37m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 37m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 9h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.